HM Queen Margrethe II - A Pictorial

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Margrethe II said:
There is a photo that really alarmed me. HM the Queen seems to have collapsed on a staircase outside. Her bouquet of flowers thrown before her and a gentleman and Prince Henrik rushing to her aide!!!

Was she out cold turkey? What happend?

"MII"

Sorry Margrethe II that I took so long to answer, but I can't find my notes regarding this incident and I can't recall the results of the fall.

Mandy said:
Sorry Margrethe II that I took so long to answer, but I can't find my notes regarding this incident and I can't recall the results of the fall.

Thats quite alright Mandy. If and when you locate your notes, I would be most greatful if you could post what you know.

"MII"

Is there some photo of the Queen with the loose hair?
It seems to me that the Queen has a long hair. :)

...JuAnItA... said:
Image from 1986. Margrethe with her hair in braids, skiing with, then, Crown Princess Sonja of Norway.

1989.jpg

Image scanned from the book: Sonja Norges Kronprinsesse, for the 1905-2005 Norwegian royals project.

norwegianne said:
Image from 1986. Margrethe with her hair in braids, skiing with, then, Crown Princess Sonja of Norway.

Image scanned from the book: Sonja Norges Kronprinsesse, for the 1905-2005 Norwegian royals project.
Thanks! ;)
Is there any photo more recent?

Last edited:
...JuAnItA... said:

Post #68 in this thread has two pictures of Queen Margrethe with loose hair. Here is one them.

Margrethe II said:
There is a photo that really alarmed me. HM the Queen seems to have collapsed on a staircase outside. Her bouquet of flowers thrown before her and a gentleman and Prince Henrik rushing to her aide!!!

Was she out cold turkey? What happend?

"MII"

Here's the picture you were referring to. But, I don't know the details, I'll try to find out.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/Layla1971/1974-07-0420Fall.jpg

Layla1971 said:
Here's the picture you were referring to. But, I don't know the details, I'll try to find out.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/Layla1971/1974-07-0420Fall.jpg

Queen Margrethe stumbled down the stairs when visiting "Rebild Bakker" in the 80s. I think she stumbled because she was wearing too high heels on her shoes at the time, for walking down uneven stairs outdoors at least.

"Rebild Bakker" is a national park in Denmark, rather hilly (for Denmark) as I recall, with plenty of stairs going up and down the hills. The Americans living in Denmark usually spend 4th of July there, and I wonder if it was on one of those occasions Margrethe tripped, or if it was another one.

norwegianne said:
Queen Margrethe stumbled down the stairs when visiting "Rebild Bakker" in the 80s. I think she stumbled because she was wearing too high heels on her shoes at the time, for walking down uneven stairs outdoors at least.

"Rebild Bakker" is a national park in Denmark, rather hilly (for Denmark) as I recall, with plenty of stairs going up and down the hills. The Americans living in Denmark usually spend 4th of July there, and I wonder if it was on one of those occasions Margrethe tripped, or if it was another one.

Thank you very much Norwegianne! I was worried about where I would find any info on it!:)

Year 1987

1. 2. January 6, 1987: For the first time, Frederik accompanies Queen Margrethe on Nytårskur. (Polfoto)

3. to 5. February 16, 1987: Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik at a hotel in Yulara, Australia. (Polfoto)
6. February 1987: Joachim, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik visit Australia Ayer's Rock. (Polfoto)

7. April 8, 1997: Queen Margrethe self portrait. (Polfoto)

8. June 7, 1987: Joachim's 18th birthday. (Polfoto)

9. July 11, 1987: At Graasten Slot for the summer. (Polfoto)

Year 1987

1. 2. July 13, 1987: Queen Margrethe addresses the European Parliament in Strasbourg. (Polfoto)
3. August 13, 1987: Queen Margrethe during her summer holidays at Caix. (APL)
4.October 2, 1987: Queen Margrethe designed the costumes for the TV Christmas theatre Hyrdinden og skorstensfejeren. (Polfoto)

5. November 16, 1987: Queen Margrethe with Bernadette Chirac at the Champs Elysées theatre in Paris. (APL)
6. 7. November 18, 1987: Queen Margrethe with Francoois Mitterand in Paris. (Polfoto)

8. December 4, 1987: Queen Margrethe hosting the12 leaders at the EC-Summit in Copenhagen. (ANP)
9. December 31, 1987: Queen Margrethe's New Year's Eve speech. (Polfoto)

I never knew that QMII and family had ever been to Australia! That's great!:D

I never knew they visited Australia too! wow, you learn something new every day lol.
I really never knew that.

i hope they come back too, but i wouldnt count on it, they know very well they will get absolutely hounded by the Australian media if the come here because of the Aussie daughter-in-law. It would be a very different visit compared to when they came here before.

that true. there would be a lot more interest in a visit from them, and there isn't really a lot of reasons the Danish royals have to come to Australia, but if they did I'd hope the attention would be respectful. I think it was pretty ok for Mary and Frederick when they were here?

Hello everyone,
I joined this royal forum as my wife and I are interested in Royalty.
The photos and comments are interesting....even the photos are shown here BEFORE the newspapers do...now that's what I call quick service!!
We live at Sheffield, Tasmania.

rikard said:
Hello everyone,
I joined this royal forum as my wife and I are interested in Royalty.
The photos and comments are interesting....even the photos are shown here BEFORE the newspapers do...now that's what I call quick service!!
We live at Sheffield, Tasmania.

Welcome to the Royal Forums rikard. I hope that you will have many more opportunities to participate and share your opinions with us.

Mandy I gotta say this is an awesome job, you are putting a lot of your time on this and it shows.:) :) :)

Congratulations and please continue with the thread;) :flower:

Happy Birthday Margereth I Was Officially Student In Saintmargueritemarie School Of Christian Sisters That Is A Severe School With The Literature Writing Letters From My Christian Sister I Had Learn How To Write Because She Know How To Tight My Hand With Her Hand To Write Letters Of Truth They Say If The Husband Give Flower Margereth To His Wife It Mean He Has Confidance In His Wife I Have Planted A Lot Of Flowers In The Garden Of The House Of My Mother I Am Waiting To See The Colours Of The Flowers In Avril Because My Father Had A Lot Of Confidance In His Daughter After He Was Dead In 1995
In Saintmargueritemarie They Study And Learn How To Write About Life With Bitter Side And Happy Side How So Expensive This Flower Of Margereth

Back
Top Bottom