The Duke of Cambridge and Conservation Efforts 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the work on the speech can be done at home, when he has free time. He doesn't work 24/7 I suppose. Making the video may require the said 3 hours at least which means he probably did it in a day free of RAF work and still had many hours in that day to work on other things. With a bit of organization, he can do all. It's not surprising at all.

Most of the work on the speech can be done at home, when he has free time. He doesn't work 24/7 I suppose. Making the video may require the said 3 hours at least which means he probably did it in a day free of RAF work and still had many hours in that day to work on other things. With a bit of organization, he can do all. It's not surprising at all.

I didn't mean to say its surprising per se, but I'm proud of him for working a full-time job and still trying to perform his duties as a royal. He basically has two jobs. There are a lot of jours that go in to being a patron and royal. My father has always had two jobs(he's a workaholic) and even though his job as a firefighter is shift work, it's not so simple as to she on his off-time he has all the one in the work. Plus, you add William needing to travel and its pretty admirable. I don't want to down play that. He deserves to be applauded just like Harry or my father or anyone else.

Last edited:

Work is work, even if it's done at home. And if it's done in one's "free time", it's even more admirable that that time is spent productively.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 7h
Interesting joint engagement announced for Prince Charles&Prince William-they are hosting a conference to stop illegal wildlife trade May 21

The Prince of Wales, HRH The Duke of Cambridge and Secretary of State for Defra, Owen Paterson, will be hosting a conference on 21 May to call for action at the highest levels to stop illegal wildlife trade. (#endwildlifecrime)
This comes at a time when more and more evidence emerges that the illegal activity is being driven by international organized criminal networks and, in some cases, terrorist and rebel militia groups.

https://www.facebook.com/IfTheyreGone?fref=ts

:previous: THis is being discussed in the BRF current engagement thread as it is about more than one member. :flowers:

Oh, I see it now. Thanks for refreshing me on this.

The Duke of Cambridge gives his name to top African Conservation Award:

"The Prince William Award for Conservation in Africa is a lifetime achievement award, given to a distinguished individual for outstanding dedication and exceptional contribution over many years to conservation in Africa. The winning individual, selected from a shortlist of nominations received, will be presented with a grant, provided by Investec Asset Management, towards their chosen project."

The Duke of Cambridge gives his name to top African Conservation Award

The Duke of Cambridge gives his name to top African Conservation Award:

"The Prince William Award for Conservation in Africa is a lifetime achievement award, given to a distinguished individual for outstanding dedication and exceptional contribution over many years to conservation in Africa. The winning individual, selected from a shortlist of nominations received, will be presented with a grant, provided by Investec Asset Management, towards their chosen project."

The Duke of Cambridge gives his name to top African Conservation Award

Well done, William and the nominees!

Love the pic of William here- you cannot help but grin and giggle yourself.....
Sunshine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the pic of William here- you cannot help but grin and giggle yourself.....
Sunshine!

That is a great picture of his smile (and laugh). I'd love to know what the joke was. Looks like he was very, very amused by it.

That is a great picture of his smile (and laugh). I'd love to know what the joke was. Looks like he was very, very amused by it.

Oh to be a fly on the wall, right?

Oh to be a fly on the wall, right?

I'd like to think that he had a few moments with our favorite student from my room, because that will be all it will take to get him to crack up like that :ROFLMAO: :D. But on a serious note, I'd love to be a fly on the wall along with you. His Highness has a great sense of humor, so I'm sure whatever it was, it was pretty darn funny.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 7m
In ‘Prince William’s Passion: New Father, New Hope’, the future King also talks about his conservation work. No quotes available yet.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 10m
Prince William has talked about fatherhood in an interview with CNN/ITV, his first since the birth of his son, to be screened in September.

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 37m
My interview with Prince William, his first since becoming a dad, airing Monday #CNN #CNNi

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 11m
The Duke's interview is part of a major documentary, 'Prince William’s Passion: New Father, New Hope' airing mid-Sept

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 2m
More on Monday's Prince William interview and September's documentary: http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/15/cnns-max-foster-sits-down-for-first-interview-with-prince-william-since-the-birth-of-his-son/ …

Prince William tells ITV about being a new father-
Prince William tells ITV about being a new father - ITV News

'Prince William's Passion: New Father, New Hope' will be shown on ITV 1 in September.

Pictures:
William during his interview-
http://mr-mrswales.tumblr.com/post/58322845324/x

New dad Prince William on 'great form' as he sits down for first interview since becoming a father:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-first-interview-since-birth-prince-george/1/

"I've never seen him so animated," CNN's Max said of the meeting. "We had lots of time with him and he was on great form. I'm thrilled with the interview."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really looking forward to this interview.

I'm really looking forward to this interview.

I am too. I can remember watching the documentary made several years ago on Tusk with Ben Fogle and it was beautifully done.

I also noticed that there is a TuskUSA that is based in NYC. I'm really liking seeing charities and patronages functioning on an international level.

This should be a good interview. I have to say, William looks slightly tired. Dark circles and bags under his eyes, poor thing. Hopefully the little Prince will let his parents sleep soon. :)

If William looks tired,how tired looking is Kate must be now. William has at at least been able to get out of the house. He should be happy that his Aston Villa team beat Harry's Arsenal today.

I see nothing but happiness in his face. Just from the pictures from his interview, he's smiling from ear to ear and can't help but to show his teeth.

Yes Dman, William is ecstatic, I saw that too. I was just saying that he looks a bit tired as well. He is a proud daddy and Im sure he is loving every minute of it, with or without sleep. :)

Yeah, those sleepless nights can take a toll on you but it's all part of those baby memories anyway.

Honestly I don't think William looks tired, he just looks skinnier to me. I wonder if he will talk about the baby.

With all due respect for CNN and to the audience in the US, I am a little annoyed by the fact that William is happy to provide a decent interview for them (after two years of apparent negotiation), whilst here in Britain we're lucky to get a comment from him! Someone make me feel happier about the situation please!

With all due respect for CNN and to the audience in the US, I am a little annoyed by the fact that William is happy to provide a decent interview for them (after two years of apparent negotiation), whilst here in Britain we're lucky to get a comment from him! Someone make me feel happier about the situation please!

Its a joint ITN-CNN production

There were nice excerpts from the total interview on CNN this AM.

Things that I noticed:
William speaks to doing things the way he knows how (with a premium on independence) and takes pains to not step on how other generations have done it. But, he is very aware of the difference. He notes he, Catherine and Harry share the independent approach and that he has great people around him to give advice.

The flowers were GORGEOUS. Max later said that the interview was done in the garden outside their house. I think he meant Nott Cott garden as he said the family were staying there just then (and the timing was just before the Duke returned to work). They were arranged flowers - I am sure from CNN production.

They shot Max from behind William so one could say that one star of the event is his (Will's) male pattern baldness. The man seems completely at peace with the issue. And I can't think of other royals in a one on one interview that allowed themselves to be photographed from behind. Heck, most entertainment A listers won't allow it.

The Prince mentions Lupo slobbering all over. Cute. They clean up Lupo's dog slobber, just like real people.

Entire interview to air Sept. 15.

Last edited:
It will be on ITV aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom