Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The headline is pretty funny! A tender kiss and so on and so on, all they did was kissing each other on the cheek when Kate presented the cup first to Harry (whom she also kissed) and then to Wills. :lol: But I guess they needed a great cover to increase their sales. :lol::lol::lol:

agree with you ;) , I Know The Kiss was from Cheek , But Tender Kiss Indeed , don’t you Think That ? :flowers:

Update: kate and william did curtsey !!!

Richard Palmer/Daily Express Twitter Feed (@RoyalReporter)

The way in which the media fixate on Kate has not gone unnoticed in BP, from all accounts. The day after Kate joined the Queen and DoE in Leicester to kick off the Diamond Jubilee tour, most of the papers had Kate on the front page with the Queen relegated to the inner pages. Several royal correspondents said that the Palace noticed that.

I think that's why we're not seeing loads of Kate at the moment, and those events she and William do attend are very carefully considered.

I don't blame Kate for this; she's been pretty understated in her wardrobe choices and her behaviour at royal events. I think she would prefer that the spotlight be on the Queen and Prince Charles at the moment, but the press don't seem to want to play ball.

I haven't seen the cover picture before. I wanted to get last weeks issue but completely forgot, will have to get this one. Isn't the a magazine thread for them somewhere?
Ya there is but I found the new cover at like 2am and couldn't find the magazine thread right away so I just gave up and posted it here, the thread was prob right in front of me but at that point I was so tired. Hope it's ok, if not you guys can go ahead and move it :flowers: As for last week's issue I have it and you missed absolutely nothing, it was just a rehash of everything we already knew.

The way in which the media fixate on Kate has not gone unnoticed in BP, from all accounts. The day after Kate joined the Queen and DoE in Leicester to kick off the Diamond Jubilee tour, most of the papers had Kate on the front page with the Queen relegated to the inner pages. Several royal correspondents said that the Palace noticed that.

I think that's why we're not seeing loads of Kate at the moment, and those events she and William do attend are very carefully considered.

I don't blame Kate for this; she's been pretty understated in her wardrobe choices and her behaviour at royal events. I think she would prefer that the spotlight be on the Queen and Prince Charles at the moment, but the press don't seem to want to play ball.

I agree with you; Kate has been very careful not to (deliberately) overshadow more senior royals. Unfortunately, the media seems to be more keen on the price of her latest dress, than the event she actually attended. However, as you rightfully said, it is not in any shape or form Kate's fault.

What made me chuckle though, was that several of Diana's old journalist friends were really, really angry that the papers had chosen to put Kate on their front pages without the Queen. As far as they were concerned that was an enormous insult to the Queen. But, when it was Diana who was on the cover of every magazine and newspaper, they were perfectly content because that was to be expected as Diana was a superstar. As far as they were concerned, Charles and the other royals were just petty to take issue with it.

It's amazing that they were quite happy for the press to go gaga over Diana, but not with Kate. I could be way off base, but I think some of Diana's old cheerleaders are disappointed that the public and press have taken to Kate in they way they have, because it makes Diana that little bit less unique and exceptional.

Speaking about the crowds camped outside Clarence House on the night before his wedding to Kate Middleton, he said: 'They were singing and cheering all night long, so the excitement of that, the nervousness of me and everyone singing - I slept for about half an hour.'

Read more: Prince William binned a wedding guest list of 777 names so he could invite his friends to the party | Mail Online

Also downloading Hello Magazine, I'll check it out and see if it's worth posting anything.

ETA: Ok just checked it's got some great new shots, I'll post after dinner.

Last edited:
Some more great quotes from the upcoming interview with ABC and ITV
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #William tells TV #queen doco: before wedding “I hadn’t slept at all that night because obviously all the crowds were on The Mall"
#royal #William tells doco due to singing on the Mall the night before wedding + his nerves..."meant I slept for about half an hour."
#royal #William after a sleepless night before wedding: “when I did get up in the morning, I can say that I had prepared myself totally"
#royal #William reveals one moment prior to wedding: "The hardest thing was trying to walk down the stairs with my spurs on, sideways."
#royal re his spurs on wedding day #William: "I had visions of myself & my brother Harry colliding & crashing down the stairs together"

Great photos and thanks for sharing, Ghost! I concur with Princess Victoria and Daria that it's great to see the chemistry and ease between Will and Kate, and of course Lupo just adds to the camaraderie as well.

Last edited:
It feels like Hello have Kate on their front cover every week. Does anyone keep tabs on that sort of thing? I know she's been on the cover of People magazine in the US 7 times so far this year.

EIIR said:
It feels like Hello have Kate on their front cover every week. Does anyone keep tabs on that sort of thing? I know she's been on the cover of People magazine in the US 7 times so far this year.

I'll go count mine, I get sent them every week :)

O.k. Did I miss something? When is the interview on ABC?

I'll go count mine, I get sent them every week :)

You're too kind, Lumutqueen, thanks. Don't go to too much trouble, I just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their heads.

The last time I bought Hello was the commemorative Royal Wedding edition from last year. The pics are great but some of the 'articles' are just awful.

I have to mark that special on my calendar; I can't miss that! Thank you, Windsorgirl, for the reminder. It cracked me up to see Katie struggling to push that concealed door open in the promo.

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you windsor girl. You have saved me from insanity! All right a little over dramatic. Appreciate it. :)

I have to mark that special on my calendar; I can't miss that! It cracked me up to see Katie struggling to push that concealed door open.

I'll be here, waiting to hear all about it. My Internet's too slow, so I doubt I'll be able to catch it.

Last edited:
Ok, I luv me some Kate...but the girl isn't doing anything special. Why all the covers; I suppose it's better than having a freakin Kardashian on the cover.

EIIR said:
You're too kind, Lumutqueen, thanks. Don't go to too much trouble, I just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their heads.

The last time I bought Hello was the commemorative Royal Wedding edition from last year. The pics are great but some of the 'articles' are just awful.

I counted 17 but Michelle counted 15. I might have to go double check. It was quite late ;) I have included covers when she's not on her own.

Ok, I luv me some Kate...but the girl isn't doing anything special. Why all the covers; I suppose it's better than having a freakin Kardashian on the cover.

She obviously sells copies. Magazines only repeat their cover subjects if they ensure strong sales; Kate must do that.

Remember the Daily Express used to have a Diana conspiracy story of their front page almost everyday for years? It was because they sold more copies with that story on the front than any other. They were totally shameless about it though; they'd take the most insignificant rumour and splash it across the front page making mountains out of molehills. They became a laughing stock and stopped doing it thankfully.

Thanks Michelle and Lumutqueen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom