The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know when Kate will start working with the scouts?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness View Post
Aaaand, should I say it? While I'm always happy about a new appearance, I rolled my eyes when I saw it was another film premiere.
Its an engagement in support of their charities. IMO, that is all that matters. Every engagement does not have to involving visiting an orphanage, or a coal pit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness View Post
. But in the aftermath of the memorial service and ski vacation drama, it doesn't look too good that their first (or one of their first) appearances will be another glam red carpet event.
What drama? My sense is that teh "drama" was limited to TRF.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Does anyone know when Kate will start working with the scouts?
I read she already did it when William was preparing to go to the Falklands, so very busy and both in Anglesey. But am sorry I don't find the source right now. But I recall I thought that this is good for her.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I read she already did it when William was preparing to go to the Falklands, so very busy and both in Anglesey. But am sorry I don't find the source right now. But I recall I thought that this is good for her.
Thanks! I really thought that she was only in London when William was away
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Courtier

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter

Two more London engagements for William and Kate on April 26 - receptions celebrating the Scott-Amundsen centenary race+Imperial War Museum

William and Kate will attend a reception at Goldsmiths' Hall on April 26 celebrating the Scott-Amundsen Centenary Race to the South Pole.

William and Kate will also attend a reception to launch the Imperial War Museum Foundation’s First World War Galleries: Centenary Campaign.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Clarence House ‏ @ClarenceHouse The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will celebrate the Scott-Amundsen Centenary Race to the South Pole supporting @PoppyLegion on 26th April

The Duke and Duchess will also attend a reception at @I_W_M in support of the Foundation’s First World War Galleries: Centenary Campaign.
The Duke of Cambridge is Patron of both the @I_W_M Foundation Foundation's First World War Centenary Appeal and the @Race_tothe_Pole
yay! more appearances!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Thank you both. So we can assume that some days could be 12 hours and some up to 24 hours? Glad I somewhat understand how it works now.
Its actually a very interesting way to work - my sister has such a schedule as a nursing administrator - and while I don't understand the attraction of sometimes 48 hour shifts or three 12 hour back-to-back shifts - I do see that she has considerable stretches of time to really relax and do what she likes. Especially if her shifts straddle two week cycles, she can have as much as 10 days free in succession twice a month. However, her work-load when she works is extreme - nothing like the 'fire-house' schedule described here. She needs a lot of sleep to re-coup her forces - and prepare.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger

Its actually a very interesting way to work - my sister has such a schedule as a nursing administrator - and while I don't understand the attraction of sometimes 48 hour shifts or three 12 hour back-to-back shifts - I do see that she has considerable stretches of time to really relax and do what she likes. Especially if her shifts straddle two week cycles, she can have as much as 10 days free in succession twice a month. However, her work-load when she works is extreme - nothing like the 'fire-house' schedule described here. She needs a lot of sleep to re-coup her forces - and prepare.
As a nurse where i work, i work at most four 12 hour shifts in a stretch and it can be tiring. But I typically work 10-12 shifts a month with long stretches off. It is nice having a lot of time off!.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post

Two more London engagements for William and Kate on April 26 - receptions celebrating the Scott-Amundsen centenary race+Imperial War Museum

William and Kate will attend a reception at Goldsmiths' Hall on April 26 celebrating the Scott-Amundsen Centenary Race to the South Pole.

William and Kate will also attend a reception to launch the Imperial War Museum Foundation’s First World War Galleries: Centenary Campaign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
yay! more appearances!
Thank you, ladies for the 'heads-up'. I'm excited to see these two together at an engagement. They work wonderfully as a team.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Certainly two very appropriate engagements, most especially for the Imperial War Museum's WWI campaign. Interest in WWI has increased lately after Downton Abbey and Birdsong. I hope their campaign is successful.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The last time William and Kate took part in a campaign that had to do with war which was the NMA appeal they raised a million dollars in one night. So I am hopefully this campaign is as successful for them.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
William, Kate and Harry to light up the Games this summer
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to meet Olympic torchbearers in July - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's upcoming 1st anniversary and the history of royal baby speculation

Looking Back at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s First Year of Marriage | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 04-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

From BRF official website
Quote:
The dates when the Olympic Flame will pass through Royal Residences are:
26 July: Buckingham Palace, where The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will be present.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, I can't believe it has already been a year. I remember watching the wedding and it seems like just yesterday. All in all it has been a very good year for them. Catherine has done a great job in her first year and they seem to be very much in love. I'm very happy for them and I think a little one will probably be on the way soon. Can't wait to see what is ahead. :)
Old 04-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
From BRF official website
Thank you, ghost_night! This will be another exciting event to watch for.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
William and Kate: The couple that have conquered the world
Prince William and Kate Middleton: Couple celebrate first wedding anniversary - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

So we have 3 engagements to look forward I believe one on the 25th and two on the 26th. I will be here for all those and I will have updates on times later this week.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

William and Kate to celebrate first wedding anniversary - Telegraph
Old 04-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge prepare for first anniversary with string of public engagements - Telegraph