The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

it is never, ever, a childs fault that a parent did marry or neglected to marry and excluding a child because of it would seem to me barbaric, uncivilized and cruel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra
Did Mette Marit really bring her illegitimate son to the party? Unbelievable! But perhaps he was invited, too. Yes, must have been. Quite a broadminded thought of the hosts, it is. And yes, she was a godmother of Odysseas Kimon.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
it is never, ever, a childs fault that a parent did marry or neglected to marry and excluding a child because of it would seem to me barbaric, uncivilized and cruel.
I completley agree susan alicia!

Old 07-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Courtier

I agree with you, too. However, sometimes Marius won't be present at official functions when his sisters and brothers will be, I suppose, because he is officially not royal. Apart from that, I think the Norwegian royals are handling the slightly unusual situation very well. Good luck to them!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
According to the official site of the Danish Royal Family the current royal family is the House of Glucksborg.

But they do not use Glucksborg as a surname, Danish ( and greek) royals claim not to have a surname.
Does that mean that Mary still uses Donaldson in official documents? Do commoner-turned-princesses keep their maiden name?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Does that mean that Mary still uses Donaldson in official documents? Do commoner-turned-princesses keep their maiden name?
Mette-Marit Hoiby said she would miss her name, so I guess they lose their maiden name.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm79
I feel really sorry reading these lines.
laskaris, judging from your user name, I'm assuming that you are Greek and it's a shame witnessing a Greek expressing such outrageous statements.
Thank God, there are people who choose to read and study history in order to form AN OBJECTIVE OPINION concerning the facts that led to the imposition of monarchy on Greece and its course during the following years instead of preferring to ignore those facts.
The former Greek royal family (and whether you like it or not, it IS former since Greece is a republic for many years now) may feel as Greek as they like but sorry, they are NOT Greeks by definition. A simple history review prooves and fully supports my saying.
~G
I guess we haven't red the same History then!!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Gentry

This thread was suppose to be about Odysseas christening... Please use other threads to argue about other issues..

thanks Queens.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
I completely agree. I can't imagine how anyone could be so up in arms over a child attending a party. Is Marius supposed to be shunned and locked away because his parents neglected to marry? He is the son of the Crown Princess of Norway. Everyone knows that Mette-Marit had a child before marrying Haakon, no secret there. What would the same critics of Marius and his mother say if Mette-Merit constantly appeared in public and no one ever or very rarely saw her son? These same people who ridicule Marius's entire existence would then call his mother neglectful.

Some people are just plain petty. As if a child can be punished for his parent's mistakes or actions. I don't recally any human being ever having the privilege of asking to come into the world or for their creation. It really isn't our decision.

I really think that it was a very lovely gesture to invite Marius on the part of MC and Pavlos. MC has critics as well but such an action is to her credit. She clearly as a parent must have thought it would be nice for Marius to attend especially since he is around the same age as her oldest child and one of her sons. I doubt that Mette-Marit simple decided to bring Marius without a formal invite.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

but perhaps we do not have to credit her too much for normal descent behaviour :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
I completely agree. I can't imagine how anyone could be so up in arms over a child attending a party. Is Marius supposed to be shunned and locked away because his parents neglected to marry? He is the son of the Crown Princess of Norway. Everyone knows that Mette-Marit had a child before marrying Haakon, no secret there. What would the same critics of Marius and his mother say if Mette-Merit constantly appeared in public and no one ever or very rarely saw her son? These same people who ridicule Marius's entire existence would then call his mother neglectful.

Some people are just plain petty. As if a child can be punished for his parent's mistakes or actions. I don't recally any human being ever having the privilege of asking to come into the world or for their creation. It really isn't our decision.

I really think that it was a very lovely gesture to invite Marius on the part of MC and Pavlos. MC has critics as well but such an action is to her credit. She clearly as a parent must have thought it would be nice for Marius to attend especially since he is around the same age as her oldest child and one of her sons. I doubt that Mette-Marit simple decided to bring Marius without a formal invite.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:05 AM

what illegitimate really means

I agree with previous posters in this forum that the word "illegitimate" is a very outdated word in today's modern world where there is something like legal acceptance of other relationships apart from a marriage.
What it really means is very outdated: a child born to unmarried parents, and therefore having no legal rights like children who are born to married parents. Not only the child would be without rights, but it was also seen as illegal for this child to be born after all, as sex between unmarried people was seen as an illegal act of conduct. So the word is indeed meant to downgrade both child and parents. However, in this time and age, there are other ways to legalise a relationship and the (inheritance) rights of children, so I think it is about time the word "illegitimate" is being abandoned.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:22 AM
Serene Highness

This thread is about the christening of Odysseas Kimon! Please get back on topic.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Nobility

more pics

Old 08-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Majesty

i love the last family photo
Old 08-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Aristocracy

I love all

the Family photos!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Royal Highness

What beautiful children Pavlos and Marie-Chantal have brought into this world!!

P.S. Leave poor Marius alone. It is not the child's fault and he is a wonderful child that is treated equally with his sibling by Haakon and Mette-Marit. Don't ostracize the poor child just because his parents never married. That is quite a large phenomenon these days--children born to unwed parents. Get used to it.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Aristocracy

Maria Olympia was christened in Istanbul due to it being the home of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate.

The family photos are wonderful. They are a beautiful family. Maria Olympia seems to be quite tall for her age.

I think that it is fabulous that Marius is included. He is part of a family and that family happens to have members that are royal. What are they supposed to do,lock him away when there are public events? I greatly admire MM and Haakon for choosing to have a family environment that includes all members and not just the royal ones. They are doing what is best for THEIR family and it is THEIR business.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know where Marie Chantal's mother is from? I heard that she is from either Ecuador or Bolivia and that she claimed to be an Incan princess? Any info on this?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Aristocracy

She is from Ecuador and she IS NOT an Incan princess. That was taken out of context from some story done about her being a socialite and giving lavish parties in Hong Kong. The Millers primarily reside in Hong Kong and England. Years ago, she and Mr. Miller gave a party in Hong Kong where she descended in to the party in a hot air balloon.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Aristocracy

She looks Indian (native American).
Old 09-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

She probably does have Indian blood in her.(mestizo) However, she is not a princess.