Christening Of Odysseas Kimon

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smilla said:
There is actually quite a difference between worshipping someone and just being fair. It is unfair to blame MEtte-Marit for trying to push her son into royal circles. She has got countless advisors who would definitely have told her if she'd try to do something bad-mannered such as bringing her child uninvited. So I think it's safe to assume that he's been invited. Which is not Mette-Marit's fault.

(BTW Mette-Marit's become royal by marriage, so should she put her son up for adoption to keep him from contaminating "royal circles"?!?)

I admire Haakoon for his courage in wanting to marry Mette-Marit and her for her courage in accepting his proposal. IMO this is a point in favour for both of them.

All I'm saying is that we are all defined by our actions and choices and that one must have certain qualities to defend the title of the crown princess which I don't think she does. It's not only the royal origin or blood that makes you royal. That's my personal opinion. I never said she should hide her son, for God's sake!

prm79 said:
All I'm saying is that we are all defined by our actions and choices and that one must have certain qualities to defend the title of the crown princess which I don't think she does. It's not only the royal origin or blood that makes you royal. That's my personal opinion. I never said she should hide her son, for God's sake!

pray tell ,in your "opinion" what makes a "crown Princess"???????
because at the end of the day they are only human and all of them makes mistake's one way or another !
however why dont we agree to disagree !

Sure, you're obviously a fan and I'm obviously not...so ;)

I'm not a fan of Mette-Marit at all. She doesn't carry out enough engagements for my taste, but the Norwegian royals don't have the same workload as most other royal houses (the Danes have lots of off-days, too). That being said, I feel MM has to be judged in comparison to the rest of the Norwegian royal house, and she works just as hard as the rest of them.

You shouldn't have commented at all on Marius, because he's not illegitimate and attacking a child because you don't like his mother makes you look petty and completely detracts from whatever argument you may have had.

MM's past is not the issue here. The Norwegians have accepted her and feel that she does a good job. Since they are the ones who pay for her, that's all that counts.

Watch it lady, I didn't say he was illegitimate, on the contrary I made an argument against that calling. It was Alexandra who used these words. Be more careful next time you quote someone.

I didn't quote you, but I'm sorry I mistook it as you who called him illegitimate.

Mr. and Mrs. Miller?

hippiesheep said:
Thank you.

So, I was right, Ms. Miller and her husband (and their children) aren't royals. What's their correct name?

prm79 said:
All I'm saying is that we are all defined by our actions and choices and that one must have certain qualities to defend the title of the crown princess which I don't think she does. It's not only the royal origin or blood that makes you royal.

If one must have certain qualities and illegitimate children is not one of those, I would imagine many royals shouldn't be in their jobs. C'mon prm79, I am not necessarily a fan of the Norwegian royals but I am a huge fan of people being inclusive instead of exclusive. If we are all defined by our actions and choices, it seems to me all the adults involved in including young Marius in baptismal, royal or whatever events, and thus helping him to have a stable and secure upbringing ought to be applauded and not chastised. I don't think any evolved adult wants to see Marius suffer because he is excluded. He already has enough to deal with being the older step-sibling that will not inherit the throne.

If you didn't say "illegimitate" then, "out of wedlock" --- since several royals are reputed to have them.

Emily said:
If one must have certain qualities and illegitimate children is not one of those, I would imagine many royals shouldn't be in their jobs. C'mon prm79, I am not necessarily a fan of the Norwegian royals but I am a huge fan of people being inclusive instead of exclusive. If we are all defined by our actions and choices, it seems to me all the adults involved in including young Marius in baptismal, royal or whatever events, and thus helping him to have a stable and secure upbringing ought to be applauded and not chastised. I don't think any evolved adult wants to see Marius suffer because he is excluded. He already has enough to deal with being the older step-sibling that will not inherit the throne.

If you hadn't been experiencing serious problems reading the posts of this thread in order and perhaps notice the name of each poster, then you would have realised that what I said about those qualities certainly had nothing to do with cute Marius. This is of course a proof that some people read what they want to read and not what is actually written. Do you even know the story of Mette Marit, have you watched her on tv, read her interviews? At least, I lived in Norway for the last 6 years so allow me to have an opinion which, of course, is just personal.

Last edited:
hippiesheep said:
:D

Actually I meant MC and Pavlos.

What's their name?

I'm not sure but since the former greek royal family hasn't adopted a last name I guess they don't have one. It's Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal. I'm not sure though...That's one of the reasons that the family members don't have a normal passport.

That's not a reason passport agencies don't issue passports, at least here in the US. I Find it hard to believe they don't have regular passports.

Bubbette said:
That's not a reason passport agencies don't issue passports, at least here in the US. I Find it hard to believe they don't have regular passports.
Actually, they don't...which is why the former greek government didn't allow them to visit the country. I think they have some kind of passports that diplomats have...

Last edited:
That's their own doing--if they are US citizens, they could certainly get aUS passport. If they chose not to, that's their own doing.

Hm...then, what I have heard has to do with their not having greek passports issued.

I read the posts, in order, and I stand by my post. End of discussion.

hippiesheep said:
they are crown Prince and Crown Princess although they aren't? :confused:
That means, I could call myself Crown Princess if I'd like to?

Crown Princess hippiesheep, that's really cool... :cool:

Well, possibly as much as you could call yourself President hippiesheep (I'd vote for somebody with this name anytime!). It wouldn't make you president, and it wouldn't make you a crown princess if it is just a name you choose. It's a title and has to be recognized by someone official. I suppose calling those Greek guys crown prince and princess is just a matter of courtesy, they have no official capacity whatsoever since Greece is a republic.
It's like in Austria, we have no aristocracy any longer, so if you want to be extra-nice you'd call somebody duke or duchess, or whatever, but it's not an offical title.

Be civil please

prm79 said:
Watch it lady... Be more careful next time you quote someone.
Being civil to fellow posters makes more of an impact than an aggressive tone.

:)

Bubbette said:

The greek royals or former greek royals depending on your view point travel on Danish passports. ( I'm assuming MC would have either a British, she was born in London or US passport. Her 3 oldest children would have American passports as they were born in the US) These passports were issued to them by Queen Margrethe. The issue with the greek government not giving them passports was because Constantine wanted his passport to read King Constantine ( his Danish one does) The greek government would only issue greek passports if they had on them a christian name and surname Constantine argued that the family don't have a surname. The Danish royals also have no surname, it's not Gluksburg which some people claim.

Charlotte1 said:
The greek royals or former greek royals depending on your view point travel on Danish passports. ( I'm assuming MC would have either a British, she was born in London or US passport. Her 3 oldest children would have American passports as they were born in the US) These passports were issued to them by Queen Margrethe. The issue with the greek government not giving them passports was because Constantine wanted his passport to read King Constantine ( his Danish one does) The greek government would only issue greek passports if they had on them a christian name and surname Constantine argued that the family don't have a surname. The Danish royals also have no surname, it's not Gluksburg which some people claim.

Well Charlotte1 it is simply not tru what you are writing about the royal family don´t have a lastname/surname.
The Royal Family of Denmark has a lastename/surname and it IS Gluksburg.
They got it when King Christian 9. became king of Denmark.
The reason for Christian 9. became king of Denmark is that when Frederik 7. was dead he did not leave an heir who cut become the next king of Denmark.
King Frederik 7.´s lastname/surname was Oldenburg and since he did not made an heri to the crown the family of Oldenburg would become extinct.
The reson for the royal family her in Denmark are having Gluksburg as lastname/surname is that: King Christian 9. came from a small area in Germany called Gluksburg and when he became king of Denmark in 1863 he and his family took the name Gluksburg as ther lastename/surname. Since that time the Royal Family of Denmark has had the name Gluksburg as ther lastename/surname.
And wher do i know this thing??
I know this infomation because i was taught it when i was at school her in Denmark

:cool: Ehhh!!So,there was a fight here,and I wasn't participating!!How can you make a fight without me???:D

cuervo said:
:cool: Ehhh!!So,there was a fight here,and I wasn't participating!!How can you make a fight without me???:D

Just ONE fight? You're kidding! :)

Firstly ,I think that Mette - Marite

is a beautifull woman and I really envy;) Haakon for his choice!!

The Greek Royal Family is Greek royal family because without this Family:

a. There wouldn't be any Greece at all

b. There wouldn't be any Olympics (winter or summer)

c. Mousleem minority in Europe would be three times bigger

d. To all states in the world enclouding China recognises that they are Greeks, exapt, of the sadistic greek regime because they have to pay some millions of Euro for pension to our King,because he was the Superior State Authority for 7 years and as such,He must obtain pention the last 38 years home,driver ,security,every 5 years new car,extra bonuses for the Queen e.t.clike all others ex- s authorities of Greece!....Violation of civil rights??

e. Their name is written in the GOTHA BOOK...

f. Their Greek is perfect, and they all have Greek education.They paid their taxes,and they pay taxes every day when they are here...To all the difficult moments of the Greek state,they helped,without any demands

Greeker than Greeks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandra said:
Did Mette Marit really bring her illegitimate son to the party? Unbelievable! But perhaps he was invited, too. Yes, must have been. Quite a broadminded thought of the hosts, it is. And yes, she was a godmother of Odysseas Kimon.

How is Marius "illegitimate?" Marius has both a mother and a father as well as a step-father who love him and a new step-mother.

And why wouldn't Mette-Marit bring her son to Greece with her? It wasn't an official engagement so she wasn't bring her son to work with her. It was more of a private family engagement and Mette-Marit was aksed to be a godmother because of her friendship with Marie-Chantal and Pavlos.

Nobody seemed to decry the presence of Eloise and Claus-Casimir at Martha Louise's daughter's baptism. Nobody questioned why they with Constantijn would be at the church as Laurentien was made a godmother to Leah Isadora. So why question Marius' presence. He is as much part of Haakon and Mette-Marit's family even if he is not Haakon's son.

If royals should only invite the prim and proper to their official and private engagements, many born royals would be excluded from such events including the entire Grimaldi family, King Albert who had an affair which produced a daughter, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Italian royals, and so many more.

Genevieve said:
If royals should only invite the prim and proper to their official and private engagements, many born royals would be excluded from such events including the entire Grimaldi family, King Albert who had an affair which produced a daughter, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Italian royals, and so many more.

You are SO right!!!! No double standards!!!

Royals can invite

whomever they Like...commoners or whom ever they can afford!!

Last edited:
Jeez, I told my sister about this forum, she visited it and since we share the same PC, she posted all these posts using my user name and made such a mess :( .
First of all, I would like to apologise to everyone that was in any way offended by her being edgy. Secondly, I noticed that she tried to make a point. Although I do too believe that a CP should have some qualities, I am sure that Mette-Marit is a person who meets the standards of a CP and she stands up to her people's expectations. We lived in Norway for several years and when the whole scandal came up, the press was really hard on her. Nevertheless, she was sincere from the very beginning and I think it's pretty obvious even to those who don't like her that she deeply loves and genuinely cares for CP Haakon.
Well, my lovely sis happens not to agree with me (but I can assure you that she would never blame a woman for having a child out of marriage).
Once again I'm sorry for the mess,
~G

prm79 said:
Jeez, I told my sister about this forum, she visited it and since we share the same PC, she posted all these posts using my user name and made such a mess :( .
~G

So that's one thing cleared up!
One thing that's nice about this forum is that discussions tend to stay polite, even if there's lots of disagreement. I was really wondering how the discussion could get so heated, and now I know!

Have a nice evening/night/morning, whatever time zone you're in! :)

Back
Top Bottom