Prince Louis and Tessy Antony are Getting Married: June 20, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is confirmed that it is untrue by the royal family?

Official Denial

As we have learned by now it was a rumour...too bad :(, it would have been so nice to see this young couple getting married.

But to be honest, I really thought that they were getting married, since the "Tageblatt" is a very reliable newspaper and here in Luxembourg no newspaper wo dare to publish an article about the grand ducal family if its editors weren't sure that the article tells the truth.

Here ist a translation of the above mentioned newspaper article (see www.wort.lu for the original text):

"The grand ducal court is denying rumours about a wedding between Prince Louis and Tessy Antony. Neither one of the young parents has decided anything in this matter, says Claude Neu, speaker of the grand ducal court upon question from the "Luxembourger Wort". "The rumours aren't true. It could only be that such kind of plans are circulating in the family circle" he adds. The 19 year old Prince Louis hasn't said anything concerning this matter officially, neither has the 20 year old Tessy Antony. The couple is living in Switzerland where Prince Louis is taking the "Abitur" (final exam of High School but not really comparable to the final exams taken at US High Schools). In march Tessy gave birth to their son Gabriel at a hospital in Geneva. In April the child was baptized in the church of Gilsdorf under the presence of the grand ducal family. But the speaker of the grand ducal court, Claude Neu, doesn't say that a wedding is impossible, it could very well happen. "If a wedding is planned the grand ducal court will announce it" he says."

Uff, I hope you can understand my bad translation :D ...it is already kind of late here, and after a whole day of work my brain isn't working properly anymore :D.

grim_lady said:
I think that they are still together, but I am sort of glad they aren't getting married. Not that I wouldn't be excited if they were but I hope that just because they have a baby they don't just decide that means they have to get married. Perhaps one day when Louis and Tessy are older they may decide to get married, but they shouldn't rush.

I agree. Honestly, marrying for the sake of a child/children, in my opinion, is not good enough reason. Marriage is more than just having children, it's a commitment to another person that will (hopefully) last a long time. I've seen so many failed marriages stemming from having a baby first at a young age then marrying. They should wait until they're older.

Well now we know they are very young to take such big step, it would be nice for the baby to have his parents together married maybe in the future they have to do alot for now.
THANX SWISSLUXI! For the translation.

I agree about them not marrying just because they have a baby. It would have been great, but if it is meant to be then it will happen eventually. Good luck to them in the future!

Tessy and Louis are getting married

Wort tells that they will marry on September 29th in the same church Gabriel was born. Apparently this time, the court has made an official announcement:

"Ja, ich will"
Die Liebe zwischen Prinz Louis und seine Freundin Tessy entflammte im militärischen Zentrum auf Herrenberg.
Letzte Aktualisierung: 22-08-2006 17:22
(yw) - Das Jahr der Familienfeste am großherzoglichen Hof scheint kein Ende zu nehmen. Zuerst feierte das großherzogliche Paar am Valentinstag Silberhochzeit , rund einen Monat später beging Großherzogin Maria Teresa ihren 50. Geburtstag . Am 22. April wurde das erste Kind von Prinz Louis und seiner Freundin Tessy Antony in der Pfarrkirche von Gilsdorf getauft.

Am 29. September soll das nächste Kapitel der Liebegeschichte geschrieben werden. Wie das Hofmarschallsamt am Dienstag nämlich mitteilte, wollen Prinz Louis und seine Freundin Tessy Antony an diesem Datum in derselben Kirche, in der ihr Sohn auf den Namen Gabriel-Michael-Louis-Ronny getauft wurde, heiraten.

Die Liebe zwischen Prinz Louis und seiner Freundin Tessy entflammte im militärischen Zentrum auf Herrenberg.

Congratulations!

Yes, it's official. A journalist friend just received the confirmation of the news.

Got more details: Louis will retain the HRH and his title of prince of Luxemburg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!
May they have a long & happy life together.

Strange that they first denied it, and then very soon after they are announcing it as a fact to happen.... But great news none the less! Congratulations to the couple and the baby! Too bad they didn't take the desicion to marry before the birth though, but oh well - the past is the past. I'm just a bit conservative on some things :flowers:

GrandDuchess said:
Strange that they first denied it, and then very soon after they are announcing it as a fact to happen.... But great news none the less! Congratulations to the couple and the baby! Too bad they didn't take the desicion to marry before the birth though, but oh well - the past is the past. I'm just a bit conservative on some things :flowers:

Better late than never ;)

Why wouldn't Louis retain his HRH? The question is willy Tessy get an HRH (I would imagine that she would) but what about little Gabriel?

As Danielane said on The Benelux Royals Message Board, Louis will retain his style HRH and Prince of Luxembourg, but renounce his rights to the throne.

The family will apparently have the name de Nassau after the marriage, which to me implicates that the child will get no title and will not be in line to the throne (since born out of wedlock, and the fact that his father renounces his rights also means no claims to the throne). And also that Tessy won't get any royal style, but we'll have to wait to hear more news on this (other than becoming Princess Louis of Luxembourg, taking her husband's style automatically, but I don't know if she would want to use the style, depends on what the decisions will be).

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
As Danielane said on The Benelux Royals Message Board, Louis will retain his style HRH and Prince of Luxembourg, but renounce his rights to the throne.

The family will apparently have the name de Nassau after the marriage, which to me implicates that the child will get no title and will not be in line to the throne (since it's born out of wedlock). And also that Tessy won't get any royal style, but we'll have to wait to hear more news on this.

I should have precised (sorry, I forgot) that the whole family now bears the name de Nassau, since february 2006. I have the feeling little Gabriel could be given the title of prince de Nassau (the title the children of prince Jean bear).

What about Tessy's title?

Danielane said:
Got more details: Louis will retain the HRH and his title of prince of Luxemburg.

What about Tessy? Will she get any title like: HRH Princess of Luxemburg or HRH Princess of Nassau or nothing at all??:ermm:

I'm really surprised how short notice this is, I wonder if they are even planning on inviting foriegn royals.

Henri brother Jean who had children out of wedlock were Count/Countess after there parents got married until Henri elevated them to Prince/Princess (just as a side note)

GrandDuchess said:

The family will apparently have the name de Nassau after the marriage, which to me implicates that the child will get no title and will not be in line to the throne (since born out of wedlock, and the fact that his father renounces his rights also means no claims to the throne). And also that Tessy won't get any royal style, but we'll have to wait to hear more news on this (other than becoming Princess Louis of Luxembourg, taking her husband's style automatically, but I don't know if she would want to use the style, depends on what the decisions will be).

But she will not be styled as Princess Louis of Luxemburg.
Hèlène Vestur became only Helene Nassau after her marriage and became Countess of nassau only in Seotember 1995. But she was never adressed or styled as Princess Jean of Luxemburg.

Oppie said:
Henri brother Jean who had children out of wedlock were Count/Countess after there parents got married until Henri elevated them to Prince/Princess (just as a side note)
Yes, you are right about that. The elevation from Henri would of course point towards the possibility of him giving a title to Gabriel. That elevation is also rather recent, so I guess that means that Grand Duke Henri is quite liberal on these kind of issues, even for children being born out of wedlock - as he made Jean's family HRH's and Prince/ss. The Grand Duke and Luxembourg seem very modern in this aspect, which to some could be quite surprising considering that the majority of the people are Roman Catholic.

Stefan said:
But she will not be styled as Princess Louis of Luxemburg.
Hèlène Vestur became only Helene Nassau after her marriage and became Countess of nassau only in Seotember 1995. But she was never adressed or styled as Princess Jean of Luxemburg.
Yes, thank you for pointing that out. My mind just wandered a bit at first, I had all sorts of ideas and thoughts. I think I'm calm now. :lol: Considering how they did with Jean, I guess that could be something that the Grand Duke would do for his son as well - and as he was the one who gave that family the HRH Prince/ss, when they were first only Count/ess, I guess it points to him being quite liberal on this - and wanting the best for his family and making no difference on children being born in or out of wedlock...

Please enlighten me if I'm wrong in anything, the Luxembourgs are not my speciality. And my head is still spinning after the news! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the couple and little Gabriel! I wonder what size the wedding will be. I was looking in the wedding forum on TRF to see the weddings of other Luxembourg children who aren't the heirs (children of Jean and Josephine-Charlotte) and it seems that they had big weddings. But this wedding is so soon that it would probably be difficult to make it very large.

It was for sure a tough decision for the family but in my eyes it's the only good. :)

But I guess it will be a small wedding with not much glamour. ;)

Uff Im happy, that that article from magazine isnt true and they are really getting marry!

Congratulations (again)!!! I think Gabriel will get a title sooner or later. Gabriel is after all the Grand Duke's first grandchild which makes him very special regardless that he was born out of wedlock. I'm not sure what Tessy's title will be, we shall see!

Did Louis voluntarily drop out of the succession or was it a decision made with his father?

Congratulations to them! I'm glad they didn't rush into marriage when they found out tessy was pregnant. I hope the wedding is very glittering! It will be fun to see if other royals come or if its just the family.

So this time it's true? Wow cause if it turned out that it wasn't that be the second time I nearly died with excitement only to be let down. Lol.

Anyway congrats to Louis and Tessy!

Making the baby legitimate. How novel.

I wonder if she will wear white bridal dress and family wedding diadem. And if there will be some pics from oficial engagement too :lol:

I had doubts that they'd have baptism photos for Gabriel and I doubted that they'd ever actually get married. So now I feel comfortable enough to say that if there aren't official engagement photos (and since I doubted that there probably will be now) there will be official wedding photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom