Very nice. All the happiness to them!

Old 08-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Commoner

Congrats to the happy couple!!! And to both of their families

Old 08-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
I'm really surprised how short notice this is, I wonder if they are even planning on inviting foriegn royals.

Henri brother Jean who had children out of wedlock were Count/Countess after there parents got married until Henri elevated them to Prince/Princess (just as a side note)

maybe tessa is pregnant again so they are acting quickly
Old 08-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Nobility

No way! I would be so disappointed in them if it turned out that they didn't learn their lesson the first time around. But if they do have a child sometime within the next 8-10 months I don't know what I'd think...
Old 08-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Courtier

I think perhaps they wanted to wait until Louis was 20? It's no better than being 19, but at least he is no longer a teenager.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Aristocracy

I wish them all the best!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Administrator

I wish them the best and I sincerely hope that both sets of parents are there to support them!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

that good news for both couples getting married but both have son and im sure both will have rights for titles of HRH till his dad says ok for HRH of styles or not get HRH more rights dues of his parent's respectives.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone have an address where to congratulate them ? Thanks in advance
Old 08-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09
Does anyone have an address where to congratulate them ? Thanks in advance
If you plan to send them a card try to find an official address at the website for the embassy.

So I see the kids are getting married.
Those are good news for everyone, not only brings a sort of royal legitimacy to the child but also makes them take their life now a little more serious. A child is a lifetime commitment. I still think they are too young but there is now a kid to take care of and there is the paparazzi radar narrowing on them. By getting married the breath of a scandal gets subdued and the press can leave them alone.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Great news, glad that they're getting married!

Hopefully we'll get to see some lovely wedding pictures.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange
I think perhaps they wanted to wait until Louis was 20? It's no better than being 19, but at least he is no longer a teenager.
Nice idea but it's probably a cultural thing with English speaking people. In French the «teenage» phase is called «adolescence» and at 18, technically, you are no longer an «adolescent» but an adult. A young one but still an adult.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
Great news, glad that they're getting married!

Hopefully we'll get to see some lovely wedding pictures.
Oh yes! Maybe even more than three this time. Plus little Gabriel might attend.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Aristocracy

Yay! This is wonderful news! Someone asked the question earlier, and I was wondering the same: did Louis choose to give up his rights or was that decided for him?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Courtier

I sincerely hope that it is a decision that Louis and Tessy made and not a decision that there parents made.

Best wishes to the both of them. When is the wedding taking place.

Stellad
Old 08-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont understand why he has to renounce his rights to the throne. When him and Tessy marry the baby becomes legit and would get whatever title any other legit baby would get. I still think it is to soon. They should wait longer until the baby grows a bit more and then see if their ready for marriage. But congrats.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Courtier

ok, i don't mean to reiterate what i said over on the first page, nor do i mean to sound pessimistic, or put a damper on what, mostly, everyone is calling a "joyous event", but this just sounds tooooooo similar to his uncle's situation. if it is anything like that, and it sounds like that's the case, then it's going to end badly. both louis and tessy are far to young to be married, and it's those marriages that usually fail. to get married for the sake of saving face- and that's what this sounds like, is the wrong reason. this sounds too much like the case of their parents basically "steering" them in the "right" direction, which i'm sure they're believing is the "right thing to do", when in fact they're screwing up the lives of not only their children, but their descendents, themselves, and everyone else involved and around them, and the fallout is going to be ugly, like it always is. i sincerely hope that louis and tessy are in love, because it'll be that love that'll have to keep them together through, what's going to be, a rough trip for the rest of their lives because they're, basically, going to end up growing up together, and we all know that ppl change when they grow up. with that said, i wish them luck, but not congrats for the bride, and best wishes for the groom, because they'll need more luck and the grace of God than anything.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I dont understand why he has to renounce his rights to the throne. When him and Tessy marry the baby becomes legit and would get whatever title any other legit baby would get. I still think it is to soon. They should wait longer until the baby grows a bit more and then see if their ready for marriage. But congrats.
Gabriel will be legitimate, but that doesn't mean he will be able to become a full prince with titles. He was still born out of wedlock, and I think that barrs you from titles, unless the Grand Duke bestows some on him.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 08-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Gentry

why must louis give up his rights to the succession? does anyone know?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Serene Highness

Henri's brother had to give up his rights to throne because of child out wedding. But then, Henri changed it and he got the title back. So this is for me really mistery