The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
I guess it's official, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is THE longest reigning monarch in British history.
Yes she is, and now it's her 90th birthday, and of course the Platinum jubilee who matters.

Long Live Elizabeth the Great, for that's what she is. And for those that sees Queen Victoria as great, I and most others don't agree with them, including most historians.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Majesty

A delightful little video of a British super-royalist who has filled her house to beyond capacity with royal stuff. Actually she has dedicated each room in her house to a particular member of the BRF: Nu har hun siddet længst tid på tronen: Storbritanniens største royalist hylder Dronning Elizabeth - Royale | www.bt.dk

Old 09-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen set to become new patron of Queen mother's trust - Telegraph
Quote:
It's the charitable arm of the Royal Warrant Holders' Association, and was set up to mark the Queen Mother's 90th birthday, a quarter of a century ago. Next year, The Queen herself will become its new patron, when she too reaches the age of 90.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to the Queen for this amazing accomplishment.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I love it - chop chop let's get on with it without any fuss. Her humbleness is inspiring in these days of selfies and me me me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
i agree, how endearing it is to see how she thanked everyone and said "let's go back to business"! :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Today, 9th September 2015, sometime around 5.30pm, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II becomes the longest-reigning monarch in British history, beating the record previously set by her great-great grandmother Queen Victoria, of 63 years, 7 months, 2 days, 16 hours, and 23 minutes; who herself beat the previous record set by her grandfather, King George III, who reigned for 59 years, 96 days, sundry hours and unknown minutes.

Congratulations, Your Majesty.

Today, Queen Elizabeth II becomes not only our longest-reigning monarch, but also our longest-serving Supreme Governor (/’Head’, prior to 1559) of the Church of England – the Catholic and Reformed establishment of the Church in England. And what a service it has been – of modesty and majesty; morality and dignity; holiness and elegance. as the XXXIX Articles announce:

Being by God’s Ordinance, according to Our just Title, Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church, within these Our Dominions, We hold it most agreeable to this Our Kingly Office, and Our own religious zeal, to conserve and maintain the Church committed to Our Charge, in Unity of true Religion, and in the Bond of Peace … We have therefore, upon mature Deliberation, and with the Advice of so many of Our Bishops as might conveniently be called together, thought fit to make this Declaration following … That We are Supreme Governor of the Church of England…

In commemoration of the Queen becoming our longest-reigning Monarch and longest-serving Supreme Governor, the Church of England has issued special prayers. We pray them now in love, with gratitude, honour and pride.
Read more: Archbishop Cranmer
Old 09-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

'This is living history', say crowds who turned out for Queen's landmark day - Telegraph
Quote:
The Queen has heard the national anthem played tens of thousands of times during her lifetime. But rarely can a crowd have sung the line "long to reign over us" with more feeling than the those gathered at Tweedbank railway station.

The 1,000-strong crowd in the newly-asphalted car park had waited not just to see their Queen but a little bit of history played out. And they were determined to savour the moment.

Anne Buckingham, from Peebles, was near the front. She said: “I'm here because it's historic. No one else has done it. And I can say I was there. She's wonderful. She symbolises steadfastness, continuity and keeping going against all odds.”
Old 09-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Courtier

The whole of David Starkey's comments were played today and it does appear that he may have been taken out of context.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the best thing about today was that HM could spend the day by doing what she has done all those years: the job that she does, in the great way she does it

And now i'm going to drink a cup of Earl Grey tea to her health

Cheers Your Majesty!
Old 09-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Her Cousin Margaret Rhodes spoke very movingly that HM might today think of her father and the way in which he took on his role and why she will never abdicate.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

David Johnston @GGDavidJohnston
A new bank note unveiled by the @BankofCanada to mark the #HistoricReign.

https://twitter.com/GGDavidJohnston/...72108792279040
Old 09-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Beauty bank note!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Elizabeth II Becomes Longest Reigning British Monarch: September 9, 2015

I toasted Her Majesty a little after Midnight w/chilled Canada Dry in a wine glass!! Since I've been going through another rough patch, my sleep pattern's rather messed up at the moment, so I wasn't sure if I'd be up at the actual moment our time here. :)

God Bless Her Majesty The Queen of Canada!! We are very lucky to have her as our Queen and Head of State.

Love the Special $20 Bill. Would love it even more if it was paper, along w/the rest of our Bills, but what are you going to do...

On the iPadd, so can't link it, but if someone could for me Please and Thank You?

I stumbled across both Jerusalem and God Save The Queen from the 2012 Last Night of the Proms a year or so ago and the way God Save The Queen is performed in this never ever fails to give me the Chills and a lump in my throat when I watch it.

So If someone could please post it here for me, so Everyone here can understand what I'm talking about? :)

God Save The Queen!! Congratulations Ma'am!! :) :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here it is, hope it's ok that I post it in this thread.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
This photograph of The Queen by the renowned British photographer Mary McCartney has been released to mark the moment Her Majesty becomes the longest reigning British Monarch later today.

The photograph was taken at Buckingham Palace in July in The Queen's private audience room. Her Majesty is seated at her desk, with one of her official red boxes.
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...dc&oe=565D77CB
I love that photo! Thanks for posting.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:49 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Her Cousin Margaret Rhodes spoke very movingly that HM might today think of her father and the way in which he took on his role and why she will never abdicate.
I think if anyone would know what HM would probably think and feel, it would be her.

Finally after a few years of really wanting Margaret Rhodes' "The Final Curtsy", I ordered it today. Perhaps, just perhaps it will be mailed to me from the UK with one of the commemorative stamps. That would be so cool.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

And I just love this picture of them.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...39_964x902.jpg
Old 09-10-2015, 02:35 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I love that picture too. I hadn't noticed before but you can definitely tell that Margaret is from the Bowes-Lyon side of the family. She resembles QEQM quite a bit I think.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think if anyone would know what HM would probably think and feel, it would be her.

Finally after a few years of really wanting Margaret Rhodes' "The Final Curtsy", I ordered it today. Perhaps, just perhaps it will be mailed to me from the UK with one of the commemorative stamps. That would be so cool.

You'll have a hard time putting it down. Just giving you fair warning. :). She and her late Husband had a fascinating life together.

Thanks ROYAL NORWAY for posting that video. Considering it's a performance of first, what is considered England's National Anthem, and then the National Anthem of the United Kingdom as a whole, I personally think it's very appropriate for today/yesterday and the thread. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-10-2015, 03:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

And the tributes from this bunch.