Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Given the prominent position the working royals were given (now and before), I see little reason why Anne, Edward and Sophie won't continue to support their brother (in law) during his reign. The Kent cousins will most likely retire and the Gloucester couple might do some occassional events as they are much closer in age to Charles himself.

I agree that Anne, Edward and Sophie will continue to support Charles, and in time, William. The Gloucester's and Kent's will not be officially retired, but as they grow older, will gradually reduce the number of engagements they carry out and will eventually not be replaced.

Even if they did get such a picture, I doubt it would be shared with the public. Family pictures tend to be shared at personal milestones like wedding anniversaries and birthdays. This is a "professional" milestone for HM.

That is quite correct, I hadn't really linked it all until you pointed it out.

There are hundreds and hundreds of heirs in the British line of succession.
I guess this has always been the case - still it´s been a wise royal tradition in the 20th century, and not only in the british royal dynasty, to flly seperately.

I don't know. With that line of thinking, it was also unfair to include Louise and James – neither of whom are (or are expected to become) working royals – in the procession and at the balcony for Trooping.

Indeed, it seems pretty straightforward: they are included as long as they are considered part of their parents' family/household; once they are considered 'independent' they will no longer join their parents but will be judged on their own merits/position.

Right now, Louise (and James) are still part of the core family of the earl and countess of Wessex and therefore were included/seated with them any time they joined their parents to an event. At some point, that will no longer be the case - and they will be treated the same way their other cousins are: as independent households.

I follow the same line of thinking in regard to Louise and James's inclusion on the balcony. The palace never addressed the justification for their inclusion, as far as I recall. The "independent household" theory would provide a fair basis of inclusion, but how would it work in practice? Would the establishment of an independent household be signified by moving to a different address? Achieving financial independence? Taking on staff of their own?

It isn't as if there aren't enough heirs anyway with well over 5000 of them.

I think the presence of (possibly) thousands of heirs causes the situation to be more fragile, not less. See here for a more detailed response:

I think that is an argument in favor of caution, not against it. The vast majority of the gigantic cohort of legal successors are at best unprepared and at worst deeply unsuitable to take control of the British monarchy.

If the legal line of succession were restrictive as in the Netherlands, Norway or Monaco, the public could take comfort in the knowledge that if something happened to the core royals, the appointment of the next monarch would be the responsibility of the Members of Parliament, who would presumably refrain from electing anyone patently unsuitable as monarch.

Apart from the Queen and Paddington Bear, Louis was the star of the show :lol:.

Agreed. My favorite Louis moment was when they tried to distract him with the offer to sit with Charles. After years of being the meanie, I love being the subject of my daughter's bribes for her children.

Even if they did get such a picture, I doubt it would be shared with the public. Family pictures tend to be shared at personal milestones like wedding anniversaries and birthdays. This is a "professional" milestone for HM.

The picture could become part of the Royal Collection after the Queen’s passing and would then be available to the public.

Agreed. My favorite Louis moment was when they tried to distract him with the offer to sit with Charles. After years of being the meanie, I love being the subject of my daughter's bribes for her children.

That was nice to see.

Did you see Charlotte’s thumbs up when he went over there? It was cute. (That’s what it looked like anyway.)

George and Charlotte’s reaction to that was priceless too. Especially Charlotte. She’s an expressive little girl.

The Queen and Paddington was a delightful surprise.

Louis definitely was a little star. Wonder what he’ll think when he’s older. Lol

Last edited:
Probably slightly embarrassed and slightly amused, like William probably feels about the famous picture of him sticking his tongue out at the Yorks' wedding!

Absolutely! I have similar photographs of my 4 year old nephew all over my house and I treasure them - he has such a personality, much like Prince Louis I like to imagine. Those who criticise Prince Louis and his parents have much to learn.

I wonder has there been a surge in sales of Paddington Bear?

I like the Hologram of the Young Queen waving from inside the Gold State Coach.

Someone made this video of the kids (Cambridges, Tindals, and Savannah) during the pageant:

https://youtu.be/J4ItJqhuc0I

Oh well, I don't think it will be wise to put them together on the balcony. You'll never know what mayhem they'll create :lol:

Last edited:
Someone made this video of the kids (Cambridges, Tindals, and Savannah) during the pageant:

https://youtu.be/J4ItJqhuc0I

Oh well, I don't think it will be wise to put them together on the balcony. You'll never know what mayhem they'll create :lol:

My goodness, they’re all so stinkin cute. George covering his face at Louis’ antics, Charlotte hugging Mia (the two seems very close), Mia’s relentless dancing and smothering her dad with a kiss, Savannah, who seems a charismatic little girl, looking very involved with the little ones, Lena not giving Louis sweets—it’s beyond adorable. They did great bringing the family out—nothing like seeing a bunch of kids enjoy a parade to drive home how enjoyable parades are supposed to be.

My goodness, they’re all so stinkin cute. George covering his face at Louis’ antics, Charlotte hugging Mia (the two seems very close), Mia’s relentless dancing and smothering her dad with a kiss, Savannah, who seems a charismatic little girl, looking very involved with the little ones, Lena not giving Louis sweets—it’s beyond adorable. They did great bringing the family out—nothing like seeing a bunch of kids enjoy a parade to drive home how enjoyable parades are supposed to be.

Prince Louis is absolutely fabulous !

Maybe I missed it but did the duchess of Kent attend the Service of Thanksgiving at Sta Paul's?

That's a gorgeous video. (The grumpy politicians sat behind them don't look impressed, but who cares?)

Maybe I missed it but did the duchess of Kent attend the Service of Thanksgiving at Sta Paul's?

I don't think so. When the Duke arrived, he walked over to a ground-level side entrance with Princess Alexandra. The Duchess wasn't with him.

I don't think so. When the Duke arrived, he walked over to a ground-level side entrance with Princess Alexandra. The Duchess wasn't with him.
Haven´t seen her for ages with the RF or her husband.

She hasnt done engagements for some time so that's hardly surprisinng.

Did she perhaps come in and sit with her children?

What a pity and was hoping we'd see the duchess at the Service.

What a pity and was hoping we'd see the duchess at the Service.
I had very low hopes for her attendance as she also did not attend the Service of Thanksgiving for Prince Philip.

I have to say that the Jubilee Events were absolutely heartwarming for me to watch. Just perfect, the pomp and ceremony, as well as the Family and Country rallying around The Queen and all She represents...all seemingly happy to be celebrating a wonderful milestone together.
For Crown and Country indeed. So much goodwill all around.

The Family and The Court, stage managed everything in sync. Perfectly. Charles, content and purposeful. Ready to take over when that sad day happens.
Camilla has found her footing with the Public and will be a good Queen Consort to Charles. William and Kate were just lovely, they, I hate to say it are Stars. They hit their engagements out of the Park. And the Children with their lovely manners and engaging personalities were the icing on "Jubilee" Cake. Louis, just priceless.

I also thought seeing the warm and sincere relationships between Princess Anne's Family, The Tindalls and Peter Philips, and especially her Children and Grandchildren with The Cambridge Family AND each other was just terrific.
The York Girls hit the right tone and it was nice to see Eugenie's son and Beatrice's step son included too.
A shout out to the always dependable Wessex Family. Much like Princess Anne, rock solid and hard working with zero drama.

All in all The Queen must be thrilled. I'm so happy it went off without a hitch.

Last edited:
That's a gorgeous video. (The grumpy politicians sat behind them don't look impressed, but who cares?)

In fairness, for people who are not used to being around a gaggle of restless, excited young children, it's probably more fun to watch from afar than sit near them. After all, Louis was annoying Charlotte and at one point, Charlotte seemed to be annoying Mia.

I was struck again by how close the Cambridge and Tindall families seem to be. And I will say it again, Kate has the patience of a saint.

She hasnt done engagements for some time so that's hardly surprisinng.

I have seen an Instagram post recently: the Duchess of Kent in casual trousers and sneakers at some sort of local music encouragement event.

Back
Top Bottom