The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

Andrew and Sarah have definitely had other relationships since their divorce, but not in at least two years. As far as I know Angie Everheart was Andrew's last "girlfriend" and Sarah hasn't had a romantic relationship with anyone since Count Gaddo.

I'm thinking the idea that Sarah is going to seek a larger divorce settlement is just a rumour, although nothing would surprise me when it comes to Sarah anymore...
But my feeling is that a wealthy ex-spouse shouldn't have to pay for his ex-wife's upkeep forever and ever. Sarah chose to divorce Andrew, now she needs to learn she can't keep living the lifestyle of a royal either. I also don't see Andrew's long absences as an excuse for Sarah's affairs, but the way Sarah has stayed loyal to Andrew for so long, while the other men have disappeared into history, makes me think that she knows now that Andrew is a good man and the affairs were a mistake.

When I was looking at the NoTW video on YouTube, I found this clip of Sarah speaking at the United Nations. She speaks without notes for part of the time and she's very passionate. The speaker who comes after her is so monotone, that I felt the contrast really highlights what a good public speaker Sarah actually is. I think people who say Sarah doesn't have skills should take note of the fact that she actually is a good public speaker. I think that's why Weight Watchers kept Sarah as their spokesperson for so long. I think the best job for Sarah would be a similar job, where she acts as some sort of spokesperson for the organization. Here's the link to the video:

Sarah appears at 5:10. Yes, she talks about herself a fair bit, but she's an excellent storyteller when she brings up the stories of the other women.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

No being unhappy is never an excuse to take a lover but taking a lover is a sympton of a marriage gone bad and for that both of them are to blame.
Andrew didn't do anything to help his wife with her unhappiness so she sought love elsewhere. The figures for their actual time together are firghtening - something like less the two years out of the seven they were married (navy personnel the world over have very high divorce rates due to the many and lengthy absences not just Sarah and Andrew).

Old 05-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Sarah appears at 5:10. Yes, she talks about herself a fair bit, but she's an excellent storyteller when she brings up the stories of the other women.
It is quite unbelievable that hearing and seeing her speak in this video that she did something stupid as the cash for acces thing. I think sarah was during that action not quite herself and was under influence of something.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Commoner

She is brilliant! Why doesn't someone find her something suitable? They have truly wasted a treasure.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Brilliant? Maybe.

Damaged? Beyond a doubt.

It's truly a shame, because Sarah is a gifted public speaker. However, this entire mess is beyond a mess. In one fell swoop look at what she's done to her Daughters and Andrew.

Tuesday's airing of the Oprah interview could be interesting.

Or not if we get the same old same old.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Commoner

Well the latest is that it's all blown over, (according to The Sun) which is a relief & actually what one would expect. No, I'd say she's not damaged, with the Queen & Charles' support, not to mention Andrew's. It's good to be in the fold again, I'd say.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...the-Queen.html
Old 05-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Serene Highness

Geez, why does she allow herself to be photographed looking so homely?!? This is the time to keep your chin up.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Courtier

I'm not sure that I'd run with what The Sun says. Did this article appear near the naked ones?

And she found herself something quite suitable, millions of dollars worth of suitable. It's her behaviour, not her employment, that is at question.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Geez, why does she allow herself to be photographed looking so homely?!? This is the time to keep your chin up.
I agree. Now is the time to look one's very best.

The cream colored trench coat washed her face out. I have the same coloring so I know one has to be careful. Also, one should always wear high heels in airports to create a graceful look. You cannot have the luxury of being comfortable in a time of crisis.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
I'm not sure that I'd run with what The Sun says. Did this article appear near the naked ones?
I don't think we are blessed with the naked ones online!

A blessing indeed!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:37 AM
Serene Highness

But did Sarah ever worry about looking her best? Perhaps this neglect to even attempt to improve her appearance shows the depths of her (deserved) depression and the scandal she has created.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Majesty

Sarah is a fine, passionate speaker. But I think that she'd be taken even more seriously if she didn't bring her her ex-husband into the conversation as though she's still married to him. It's when she talks about herself that she sounds "loopy"; so I think that she needs to stay on the topic at hand and resist the urge to bring herself into the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72 View Post
It is quite unbelievable that hearing and seeing her speak in this video that she did something stupid as the cash for acces thing. I think sarah was during that action not quite herself and was under influence of something.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:19 AM
Majesty

Wives are not kept women and for anyone to suggest that they are is degrading to wives...and to husbands, for that matter. A kept woman doesn't have to make vows; she simply receives a living in exchange for serving a man. A married couple are considered a spiritual, physical, and financial unit. When a couple marries, they share "all their worldly goods" or however the vow states it depending on the marriage ceremony. He shares her money, she shares his. That's why people have started pre-nuptual agreements--because it's normally understood that a man and woman pool their wealth in order to maintain the family.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Majesty

He was working as a naval instructor for a few years during their marriage, although I can't remember the exact dates. I believe that was the period during which he'd come home on the weekends and want to "veg" watching videos, which she didn't like. She gave an interview saying that they'd come home on Friday, they'd have a fight on Saturday, and he'd leave on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
- Andrew's absences were due to his naval career but he could have applied for a shore posting to sort out his marriage - he is a much to blame for the failure of the marriage as she is and that is now the view of the courts and legislatures, except where there are obvious signs of abuse.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

He didn't serve as an instructor at any time according to the Wikipedia breakdown of his service. Prince Andrew, Duke of York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
At the start of his marriage he was serving on HMS Brazen and did the Lieutenant's Greenwich Staff Course. From October 1986 he was doing his helicopter pilot's training course and after that he served at HMAS Portland and while on that duty he also served in the Far East. He would have had time at home on this duty as it is a shore posting but he would also have been on call. From 1989 to 91 he served aboard HMS Campbelltown. He then did more training to rise through the ranks.

He obviously had some time at home to father two children but in 7 years of marriage it wasn't all that long (Sarah gave the figures which said that they spent less than two years under the same roof in 7 years of marriage and that would fit with him being home on weekends for some of it but not from being the instructor but more from being the instructed.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaJa View Post
What's the point of even going after her? She has no power, she's not married to Andrew. It looks like people wanted someone to write about and found an easy target.
I agree, as if there is not enough going on in this world for newspapers to report about. Whatever happened to journalism standards? Sarah is the ex of a British prince. Not exactly a newsworthy person these days, not until a stunning entrapment scheme was devised. 50/50 blame divided equally between Sarah and the "reporter". In order for his scheme to work, the “reporter” needed a gullible victim. He skillfully set Sarah up and she fell for it. Sophie Countess of Wessex had a similar experience with a fake Arab prince with a fake PR job. All done to embarrass her. She had been “exposed” already by the “media” so she would not have fallen for this joke again. Who else in the British royal family would play this part? Princess Michael of Kent? No she is too cagey and media savvy. Sadly Sarah fit the bill.

Also, some one correct me on this point, did Sarah not receive a divorce settlement or any alimony? Perhaps if she had received a reasonable alimony settlement she would not have had to earn her living by publicly marketing herself. Just a thought.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
In criminal law, entrapment is when a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit an offense which the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit. In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability

I realize that the reporter was not a law enforcement agent, but never the less, I feel as if this was an entrapment crime that targeted a weak and willing person.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Actually Princess Michael of Kent also fell for this routine by the same paper in 2005. In addition all three of them - Sophie, Micheal of Kent and Fergie were all caught by the same 'fake sheikh' Not once but three times this guy has set up and caught out woman associated with the BRF.

Fergie's Latest Flameout - Yahoo! News

Now we can all watch her on YouTube, gasping with pleasure as the News of the World’s Borat—the very same "fake sheik" who had already stung [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]Prince [COLOR=#366388 !important]Edward[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]’s wife, Sophie, and Princess Michael of Kent—unveils on the coffee table a huge pile of greenbacks that leave the hotel with her inside a black computer bag.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Oh....well two things going on here, this reporter hates the BRF and members of the BRF can be gullible and greedy.
You can not determine that this reporter hates the BRF. It does mean that they are gullible enough to fall for the trick 4 times, and this reporter knows they are an easy target and will make him money.
I don't think any reporter has feelings for his "prey"
Old 05-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Commoner

I understand there are no photos of the fake shiek. It's a bit late for the Duchess of York, but it would have been a good idea if Sophie Countess of Wessex & Princess Michael of Kent had done a police drawing of this man to send copies to everyone that might be a future target. It still might not be too late as I suspect he will continue this line as long as he keeps getting results.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHylton View Post
I understand there are no photos of the fake shiek. It's a bit late for the Duchess of York, but it would have been a good idea if Sophie Countess of Wessex & Princess Michael of Kent had done a police drawing of this man to send copies to everyone that might be a future target. It still might not be too late as I suspect he will continue this line as long as he keeps getting results.
I know I remember photos of the "fake sheik" when it all came out, I'm sure using Google's Images file would yield one or two. IIRC, the fake sheik really looked very fake.

I can't understand the endless excusing of Sarah's affairs by saying that Andrew was never home. It's not as though she didn't know that she was marrying a naval officer for crying out loud! And it also speaks poorly of her by essentially saying "well, she was lonely and horny and Andrew wasn't around to punch her ticket so off she went to find herself some fun." Is she that bereft of any common sense or decency?

Well....I guess she's answered that question. Yes, in spite of her years of experience - she still lacks common sense, and common decency not to bad-mouth her ex & his family to total strangers.

I've not seen the Sun's "Oh, all is forgiven poor dear Sarah, here have a crumpet" in which they claim that the Palace has enfolded her back into their bosom repeated in any other periodical.

However, the Daily Mail reports that she blames it on her drinking.

Sarah Ferguson tells Oprah Winfrey: 'I was in the gutter' as she speaks for first time about Prince Andrew scandal | Mail Online

My God, she really does have an endless supply of excuses, doesn't she?