The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

One photo of 3 February in the Cumbre Iberoamericana, with Enrique Iglesias.

Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Asturias y su prometida, Doña Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, con el Presidente del Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo (BID), Enrique Iglesias, que pronunció la conferencia "Un paradigma económico para Iberoamérica" en la sede del ICADE en Madrid. Esta actividad está encuadrada dentro de las actividades del Club Georgetown, del que Don Felipe es Presidente de Honor, y cuyos miembros son antiguos alumnos de esa Universidad estadounidense, donde el Príncipe cursó un máster sobre Relaciones Internacionales. Tras la conferencia, el Príncipe y su prometida departieron con los académicos de la Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, a la que pertenece el ICADE, y con el Presidente del BID, con quien Don Felipe ya mantuvo una jornada de trabajo el pasado mes de octubre en la sede central del organismo económico en Washington.
(Madrid, 3 de febrero de 2004)

(How do you post an image? )

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Courtier

The happy couple spent the weekend on the ski slopes in the Spanish province of Aragon. Here are some images.

Arriving in the snow

Felipe in the snowfall

Heading for the slopes

Letizia smiles at her "chico"

On the chairlift

On the slopes 3

Arm-inArm 1

Arm-in-Arm 2

All smiles 1

All Smiles 2

Letizia's smile

Letizia rests her head

Old 03-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

I loved that red ski outfit!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Thanks Lucys for those lovely pics :flower:
hey look so good together, so in love. I just love the way they walk arm in arm...get all misty looking at them
Old 03-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Nobility

hola online has published a first list of invitees for the wedding...does anyone have access?
thanks
Old 03-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Photos of the Couple at a ski weekend at Candanchoe on 2/27

Letizia waving

Awww. How sweet

Looking at the camera

There she goes

Walking together

Getting ready to go

Walking
Old 03-28-2004, 09:46 PM
bluetortuga

I find it so unfortunate that the recent terrorist acts in Madrid have put a serious damper on Felipe and Letizia's wedding celebrations. I saw pictures of Letizia at the memorial service. She looked so fragile; she had worry all over her face. She even looks like she lost a lot of weight dealing with this ordeal. I read that some insiders say that she didn't take the tragedy too well at all, crying after visiting victims and smelling and seeing blood. Felipe and Letizia decided to cancel their pre-wedding celebrations. I hope things look much brighter for them by May 22.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Majesty

The Royal couple will stay some minutes praying and then they kissed the feet of Christ as tradition says. To complete the devotion, Prince Felipe and his fiancee make three requests to Jesus Christ, it is said he grants one of them. More than 500.000 faithful flock the church which will stay open until 2.30a.m on Saturday morning so that all of them can kiss the Christ’s feet. 03/05/2004. Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz attended the Jesus de Medinacelli church to show their worship to Jesus de Medinacelli Christ on the first Friday of Lent

Old 03-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Royal Highness

Contrary to popular opinion, I think that they make a nice couple. They always looks so sweet together. I think that they really must balance each other out. I like Letizia. I have a growing fondess for her. I'm excited for the wedding. I think that it is a real shame that many of the wedding events have been canceled. I wonder how they are going to handle security for the event. I'm sure the city will be on edge. What a shame.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:41 AM
Majesty

The Prince met his future in-laws while attending with Letizia the wedding of her cousin Abigail Rocasolano Llaser to Juan José Morueco Clemente, celebrated at San Cristóbal church, Boadilla del Monte. 03/06/2004.

Letizia and her grandfather

The sister of Letizia with the rings

The bride

Bride and Groom

Felipe and Letizia´s grandmother

Old 03-29-2004, 07:04 AM
Majesty

Crown Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz, front right, listen to a conference on the constitution by professor of history Guillermo Cespedes in Madrid Tuesday March 9 2004.

Old 03-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Could she dress more conservatively? She reminds me of Princess Masako after she got engaged.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriella@Mar 28th, 2004 - 11:20 pm
Contrary to popular opinion, I think that they make a nice couple. They always looks so sweet together. I think that they really must balance each other out. I like Letizia. I have a growing fondess for her. I'm excited for the wedding. I think that it is a real shame that many of the wedding events have been canceled. I wonder how they are going to handle security for the event. I'm sure the city will be on edge. What a shame.
I agree. They make a lovely couple. They give off an air of understanding, solidarity and unity between them, and not just under happy occassions. I'm confident they will serve Spain well. I like Letizia more and more and under a real test these last two weeks, I think she has displayed the grace and compassion required to fill the role of Princess of Asturias and future Queen.

Felipe and Letizia leaving the ceremony

Letizia after the ceremony

Prince Charles greets Letizia after the ceremony
Old 03-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Mar 29th, 2004 - 10:11 am
Could she dress more conservatively? She reminds me of Princess Masako after she got engaged.
Masako is the Crown Princess of a very conservative and ultra-traditional imperial family, which probably explains her choice of suits.

I think many of the clothes Letizia wears now when attending functions with Felipe are clothes from her journalism days, when conservative and professional clothes were part of her job. I don't find too much of a problem with Letizia's clothes; I think they are appropriate for her royal duties. When you look at the other princesses such as Mathilde and Alexandra, their suits are very much like the kind Letizia wears. Or the clothes Letizia wears are the clothes she feels comfortable in.

I would certainly rather a princess who covered herself up a bit too much than one who exposed her bare belly or skirts that were too short.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Courtier

I like her clothing as well. It is very simple and elegant, but not fussy. Conservative, but not school mormish. She's tailored, but still looks young. It reminds a bit of Mette-Marit's style which is very tailored with simple lines. However, Letizia wears a bit more color than MM at times.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Courtier

La pareja abandona el restaurante madrileño donde almorzó con varios amigos.

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia
Old 04-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Commoner

felip|s sidebands are too long...
Old 04-04-2004, 01:30 AM
Courtier

Has anyone heard any news about the upcoming wedding? I know I'd heard that she's tried on her dress, but, that's about it.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@Apr 4th, 2004 - 12:30 am
Has anyone heard any news about the upcoming wedding? I know I'd heard that she's tried on her dress, but, that's about it.
The wedding invitations have also been sent out. I posted them in the Spanish Wedding thread in Something New.

Crown Prince wedding in Spain
Old 04-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Letizia y Familia Real española en la Catedral de Palma de Mallorca.

Letizia & Felipe

Letizia

Letizia & Felipe

Letizia & Felipe

Letizia & king juan carlos

:flower: