Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: Events During Their Engagement Period

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think it's a real photo... at least the title is correct. they went yesterday to have dinner with some militars, friends of felipe.
she repited the second dish. it was said she told the manager of the restaurant where the meal was that if the press asked him what did she eat, if he could say that she had repited.... to stop rumours about her skinny body. she seems to be very friendly... ;)

i haven't found anymore... except from the one in hello magazine and the one in the car... :(

Felipe y Letizia
ensayan para su boda en La Almudena

Letizia

Letizia & Felipe & Sofia & Paloma

Queen Sofia & Letizia & Paloma

Last edited:
The couple spent the weekend in Catalunya. Letizia looks like an expectant mother in that first photo :p

the restaurant were they went is called 'el bulli'. they also went to have dinner with ferran adria, who will be in charge with arzak of the meal at the dinner they offer the night before of the wedding.

Don't many brides tend to lose weight before their wedding? They always seem to gain it right back after the honeymoon. Perhaps the same thing will be true for Mary and Letizia. Once they become familiar in their role as princess things will start to even out. :) (Maybe i'm just an optimist)

the marquee is already installed for the wedding in the royal palace of madrid :heart:

a new stamp will commemorate the royal wedding of the crown prince of spain
it will have a prince of 0.27 euros and it will also be launched with one of the king and the queen (6 euros) and other of felipe of spain (0.77 euros).
it will be issued two days after the wedding.

Originally posted by agm@Apr 29th, 2004 - 3:11 pm
A photo of a stamp showing Spanish Crown Prince Felipe and his finance Letizia Ortiz released by the Spanish post office Thursday April 29, 2004, that is to be put into circulation May 24 to commemorate their wedding May 22.
This stamp isn't as nice as the one that was released to comemmorate Frederik and Mary's wedding. Why didn't the Spanish couple do a photo shoot for the stamp as it seems Frederik and Mary did? The picture on this stamp is from their first official public appearance together right before the official engagement press conference it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by agm@Apr 29th, 2004 - 2:11 pm
A photo of a stamp showing Spanish Crown Prince Felipe and his finance Letizia Ortiz released by the Spanish post office Thursday April 29, 2004, that is to be put into circulation May 24 to commemorate their wedding May 22.

If they want a picture from their first public apperance together, they could have chosen a more formal shot. This one looks informal- the 'paparazzi' type

That is a little bit of a weird photo--it doesn't show any connection between them.

Originally posted by Alexandria+Apr 29th, 2004 - 2:44 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Apr 29th, 2004 - 2:44 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-agm@Apr 29th, 2004 - 3:11 pm

Felipe & Letizia
This stamp isn't as nice as the one that was released to comemmorate Frederik and Mary's wedding. Why didn't the Spanish couple do a photo shoot for the stamp as it seems Frederik and Mary did? The picture on this stamp is from their first official public appearance together right before the official engagement press conference it seems. [/b][/quote]
you are right, alexandria... it wasn't a nice photo... :doh:

This stamp isn't as nice as the one that was released to comemmorate Frederik and Mary's wedding. Why didn't the Spanish couple do a photo shoot for the stamp as it seems Frederik and Mary did? The picture on this stamp is from their first official public appearance together right before the official engagement press conference it seems.

The stamps for Felipe and Letizia aren't as bad as the stamps for Willem-Alexander and Maxima.

Photo of Dutch Royal Stamps:
http://members.lycos.nl/nedinpost/images/nvph2222.jpg

Originally posted by montecarlo@Apr 30th, 2004 - 8:20 pm
The stamps for Felipe and Letizia aren't as bad as the stamps for Willem-Alexander and Maxima.

Photo of Dutch Royal Stamps:
http://members.lycos.nl/nedinpost/images/nvph2222.jpg
The design for the Dutch stamps weren't very nice, with the grainy, pixelated images of the couple seperately then the colours of the Netherlands around it, but I think the pictures themselves were much better than the ones of the Spanish couple. I believe that the pictures from the Dutch stamps were the pre-wedding pictures, and they were very well done.

nouwrein made a really good comment when she said the picture on the Spanish stamp looks a bit like a 'paparazzi' shot. If an image from the pre-engagement announcement had to be used for the stamps, I'm positive that there was a better one that could've been used with say Felpe and Letizia looking in the same decision and not looking so haphazardly "posed."

The design for the Dutch stamps weren't very nice, with the grainy, pixelated images of the couple seperately then the colours of the Netherlands around it, but I think the pictures themselves were much better than the ones of the Spanish couple. I believe that the pictures from the Dutch stamps were the pre-wedding pictures, and they were very well done.

I couldn't say it better myself. Were postage stamps released for Phillipe and Mathilde?

Events during the engagement period

Spanish Prince Felipe (L) poses with his fiancee Letizia Ortiz in the Spanish Parliament 03 may 2004 after they signed the guest book in Madrid.
Felipe & Letizia

:heart: :heart:

Spanish Prince Felipe (L) hands a pen to his fiancee Letizia Ortiz after signing the guest book at the Spanish Parliament 03 may 2004 in Madrid.

Felipe & Letizia

Spanish Prince Felipe (L) signs the guest book at the Spanish Parliament 03 may 2004 as his fiancee Letizia Ortiz looks on in Madrid.

Felipe & Letizia

Letizia Ortiz looks as her fiance, Spanish Prince Felipe, signs the guest book in the Spanish Parliament in Madrid 03 May 2004.

Letizia

Letizia

Spanish Prince Felipe © chats with Parliament President Manuel Marin (L) 03 May 2004 after signing the guest book with his fiancee Letizia Ortiz in Madrid.

Letizia & Felipe

Letizia & Felipe

Letizia & Felipe

:heart:

Spanish Prince Felipe smiles after signing the guest book at the Spanish Parliament in Madrid 03 May 2004.

Felipe

B) :rolleyes: :heart: :heart: :woot: :innocent:

She look beutiful but at the sime time look like she have to work a lot every day

I think that this look is one of the best we've seen from Letizia for a while...she looks great. Sometimes I think she looks really washed out, but not in these pictures.

Felipe smiles! My goodness! And Letizia is wearing color--which matched his tie--how cute! Not sure what was up with her hair cut though.

You can really see how much taller Felipe is than Letizia in that last picture. Even with high heels on, she is very petite in comparison. I think she'll be a beautiful bride.

Well, i now that Filip have 1m97cm. Ltizia i don't now

So that would make him about six feet two, then? (I'm very poor at metric conversions :blush: ). I would guess Letizia is about five-one or two at the most, judging by these pictures.

I thought Letizia was about 1.68.
She is (even with high heels on) not even taller than Queen Sofia. Who is I think 1.72 or something like that.

Originally posted by Jackswife@May 3rd, 2004 - 12:39 pm
So that would make him about six feet two, then? (I'm very poor at metric conversions  :blush: ).
For us Americans, this is actually almost 6 ft 5in...I had to look up the conversion online, because I'm terrible at going between the two. Letizia would then be around 5 ft 5 in, or almost a foot shorter than Felipe!!! That's a crazy big difference!!!

Back
Top Bottom