Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 2: January 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh are her and her brother that desperate for money that they will attach their names to, market and sell anything from Chinese milk to Coronavirus testing kits and apps?

Gosh are her and her brother that desperate for money that they will attach their names to, market and sell anything from Chinese milk to Coronavirus testing kits and apps?

We don't know what's behind the doors particularly on their financial circumstances. They have less restriction being non-title royal family members and not being working royal. With that gives freedom to make career choices, but also room for scrutiny. No matter what success they achieved, they will be discredited for having an advantage and connection. This is not just restricted to Peter and Zara, but also Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Lady Louise, Lady Amelia, David Armstrong-Jones (2nd Earl of Snowdon).

At least Peter and Zara are not getting into the muddy water of politics or other contentious issues. In the case of titled royal family members, who are not working royals, they are also not using their title for business/profit purposes :whistling:

Last edited:
zara and mike are in trouble for endorsing a COVID app for sports:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54827965

Misleading title at best.

The ap, not the couple, have come under scrutiny. And as the article explains, the test that was being shown in the advertisement, was just for show. That the ap helps people book actual government certified covid tests with doctors.

Prime example of people making leaps without digging deeper (the critics).

They are private citizens, have been since day one. They have no titles. They are free to make money.

Unlike her brother, Zara is not cashing in on her royal links. She isn't playing up the royal card like the milk.

Zara and Mike are both accomplished athletes. Both have names in sports. Endorsements are a common part of that industry.

Perhaps they did not get the Netflix deal!

They do not have royal titles, and are far, far away from the throne. I may think that the endorsement of the dodgy app impact's Zara's own brand, but she is well within her rights to be involved in it. Just as she was to advertise LAnd Rover and Rolex previously.

Peter Phillips ad explicitly said that he was a member of the BRF, that's why he got into trouble, it was the equivalent of using HRH Prince Peter to sell stuff.

Zara has always trodden a fine line. A lot of her fame comes from the fact that she's the Queen's beautiful, "rebellious" horsy granddaughter (how many people know the names of other eventers off hand?) but she has built a profile off being an Olympian, Sports Personality of the Year and a friendly sports celebrity couple with Mike that doesn't rely on her family. Yes endorsing a dodgy COVID app was certainly a stupid thing to do but it won't blow back on the BRF.

As for money, who knows? In their non titled, private person position endorsing and advertising products is fine but they do have to be careful in what and how they do it e.g explicitly using the BRF or controversial things.

Misleading title at best.

The ap, not the couple, have come under scrutiny. And as the article explains, the test that was being shown in the advertisement, was just for show. That the ap helps people book actual government certified covid tests with doctors.

Prime example of people making leaps without digging deeper (the critics).

They are private citizens, have been since day one. They have no titles. They are free to make money.

Unlike her brother, Zara is not cashing in on her royal links. She isn't playing up the royal card like the milk.

Zara and Mike are both accomplished athletes. Both have names in sports. Endorsements are a common part of that industry.
Zara has been cashing in on her royal status from the very beginning long before her career as an accomplished horsewoman was established.
Since winning an Olympic medal and being successful she has more leeway in branding with major companies and advertising.

I get that she and Peter need to make money however the constant cashing in and working with brands makes it seem that they are just renting out there royal connections as the Queen's grand kids.

Mike Tindall took part in Hull4Heroes' campaign in filling Veterans Village Collection Box to support veterans.

Mike is featured in the beginning of the Hull4Heroes' video
Hull 4 Heroes @hull4heroes
Thank you @miketindall13 for your continued support #StrongerTogether #teamhull4heroes @MrNickKnowles @ReallyLinda @GylesB1 @calumscott
https://hull4heroes.org.uk/product/veterans-village-collection-box/
8:06 AM · Nov 24, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

Great cause. They have given so much for us, now it is our turn. Thank you to all who help.

"A Christmas special with guests flying in from all angles!

British and Irish Lions, members of the Royal family, Uncle Bryn, home nations captains, referees, pop stars, cross-code giants, a vicar, Henry Slade's breath and an England star in a personalised thong! Enjoy "

Watch 15.15 & 16.17 mins!

Cuteness overload. Haha at Zara calling them away like a mom she is.

That was really sweet and they're both getting so big. Alex Payne was funny with his (entirely correct) commentary that this was the part where most people including Hello writers would tune in.

It is a good rugby podcast in general though.

Very cute with Mia & Lena and love the reference to the Hello writers! :lol:

Last edited:
Zara and Mike shared a photo of themselves in support of the My Name'5 Doddie Foundation that aims to find a cure for the Motor Neurone Disease:

** Pic ** dm article **

Zara and Mike are expecting their third child together!!! Wishing them a happy pregnancy and a safe delivery!!

Mike Tindall posted himself with face paint on Instagram with caption mentioning homeschooling and arts & crafts project.
@mike_tindall12 Verified
Feel like I succeeded in home schooling arts and crafts today!!!!? Any movies out there need a creepy villain I think I fit the bill!!
3d​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKSIyFrAC7y/

Mike Tindall did an interview with Hilary Rose from The Times on the Royal Family and professional Rugby career. Unfortunately, it's behind the paywall and this is what I have gathered from the two paragraphs and title of the article

Mike Tindall: ‘Being a royal? There are positives and negatives’
Before Harry and Meghan there was Zara and Mike Tindall. You get used to life in the Firm, but leaving professional rugby was tough, he tells Hilary Rose
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...l-there-are-positives-and-negatives-g85c8jhzh

Extract from the beginning that I could read before paywall kicks in
Mike Tindall looms into view for our Zoom meeting, a gigantic figure on a small screen, wearing a tight white T-shirt with BALD written on it. He’s holed up at home in Gloucestershire with his wife Zara, their daughters Mia, seven and Lena, two, assorted dogs and horses and a home schooling regimen that, if not actively a nightmare, is less than ideal. “Definitely different” is how he describes it, with a lopsided grin, as the clatter and din of children playing carries through the door closed firmly behind him.

Tindall’s bashed-in face is a familiar one. He was a member of the England rugby team that won the World Cup in 2003. It was during that tournament in Australia that he was introduced to....

According to several reports (Story originally published by The Sun), Mike Tindall's firm, Kimble Trading Ltd has being claiming from the government's furlough scheme. The company itself, at least according to the account, only has one employee, which is believed to be Tindall himself.

Mike Tindall claims COVID-19 benefit for his business
The England rugby star and spouse of the Queen’s granddaughter Zara sought government support for his firm despite a reported $27 million fortune.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...s/news-story/8f143b87111a184baa4583172d9ecbe4

Ex-England rugby player Mike Tindall’s company furloughs staff
The husband of the Queen's granddaughter, Zara, is the director of Bath-based Kimble Trading Ltd
https://www.business-live.co.uk/enterprise/ex-england-rugby-player-mike-19799162

TAKING THE MIKE: Mike Tindall claiming furlough cash despite £15m fortune and being married to Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips
ROYAL husband Mike Tindall has been claiming furlough cash for his business even though he is reportedly worth more than £15million.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13988819/mike-tindall-claiming-furlough-for-himself/

As mentioned in some articles, Nigel Mills (Conservative MP for Amber Valley) was upset about Mike Tindall taking up the furlough scheme.
“It’s a bit rich for Mike Tindall to be taking money from the public purse.”

Mike Graham (anti-monarchist and right-leaning, like Julia Hartley-Brewer) on TalkRadio also expressed his frustration. Not surprisingly, Mike Graham did not mention about the birth of Baby Brooksbank.

I tried not to overthink and making absurd assumption, but I cannot help to think that the negative stories surrounding the royal family (Royal Finance and Queen Consent from the Guardian and this one) comes up at similar time as the anniversary of George VI's and Princess Margaret's death, as well as The 69 years since Queen's accession to the throne and birth of Baby Brooksbank. Don't get me wrong, I think Mike Tindall and other wealthy public figures should not be claiming taxpayer founded furlough scheme, but I'm just questioning why this story has not come out earlier, given that it happened last year.

At the same time, James Blunt (English singer-songwriter) has also allegedly claim the furlough schemes, but for 25 of his staff at a Chelsea pub.

Last edited:
Mike Tindall has responded to the furlough story on The Sun in the The Good, The Bad & The Rugby podcast. He first mentioned and joked about his "net worth of £15.4 million". He then mentioned that The Sun apologised to him on Saturday after stating Mike Tindall claim the furlough money from himself. The furlough was actually for his staff at Kimble Trading Ltd, who cannot work at all (not at home). However, the damage has been done, as evident in Mike Graham's TalkRadio segment.

Mike Tindall himself was angry and mentioned about some trolls with 10 followers, as well as The Sun not doing proper research/journalism. He also laughed off the claim that he was taking £584 a month whilst having a net worth of £15.4 million. James Haskell later joked about bankrupting the government with £584 a month and The Sun want to stir up trouble. Mike Tindall also briefly mentioned that he does not get email or phone calls from the palace on handling the press and public life.

The relevant part starts from 1:11 and ends at 5:27.

Zara poses this week as she watches Cheltenham Festival day 1 at home

"The very lovely Zara Tindall has kindly agreed to model some of her favourite millinery looks this week as she watches Cheltenham Festival ‘at home’"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMe5Q2aAlMD/

Last edited:
"The very lovely Zara Tindall has kindly agreed to model some of her favourite millinery looks this week as she watches Cheltenham Festival ‘at home’"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMe5Q2aAlMD/

I adore Zara. Her fashion sense never really seems consistent and sometimes I love everything about her outfit while sometimes I have to wonder what on earth she was thinking but she does seem to have an absolute ball with her headwear and that makes it fabulously fun to watch. I can't wait to see what she models throughout the week!

Mike had a formal engagement today with the Duchess of Gloucester:

Court Circular
7th April
Kensington Palace
The Duchess of Gloucester, Patron, Parkinson’s UK, this morning held a Meeting with Mr Michael Tindall (Patron, Cure Parkinson’s) via video link.

That's interesting. I knew he was "charity ambassador" and patron of a few charities but I didn't realise anything he did made it into the CC.

Although it probably was Duchess of Gloucester who made it official enough for that.

I'm not 100% certain but I believe he's patron of a Parkinson's organization because his father suffers from Parkinson's. If so it's certainly a nice way to be involved and certainly similar to Beatrice's involvement with dyslexia organizations, Eugenie's involvement with scoliosis organizations, Camilla's involvement with osteoporosis organizations, etc. I do agree, though, that the mention in the CC was most certainly due to the involvement of the Duchess of Gloucester. Although I, for one, would certainly not be opposed to Mike and Zara stepping in to fill the occasional engagement on behalf of the RF.

That's interesting. I knew he was "charity ambassador" and patron of a few charities but I didn't realise anything he did made it into the CC.

Although it probably was Duchess of Gloucester who made it official enough for that.
Of course it was because he talked to The Duchess, otherwise it would have been...

Court Circular
7th April
Kensington Palace
Mr Michael Tindall, Patron, Cure Parkinson's, this morning held a Meeting with The Duchess of Gloucester (Patron, Parkinson’s UK) via video link.

Of course it was because he talked to The Duchess, otherwise it would have been...

Court Circular
7th April
Kensington Palace
Mr Michael Tindall, Patron, Cure Parkinson's, this morning held a Meeting with The Duchess of Gloucester (Patron, Parkinson’s UK) via video link.

Yes. I was just commenting because the way the post was worded: "Mike had a formal engagement with the Duchess of Gloucester".

But it's an interesting titbit that he made it into the CC even though DoG was the working Royal in question.

Mike had a formal engagement today with the Duchess of Gloucester:

Court Circular
7th April
Kensington Palace
The Duchess of Gloucester, Patron, Parkinson’s UK, this morning held a Meeting with Mr Michael Tindall (Patron, Cure Parkinson’s) via video link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom