Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures of William, Beatrice, Freddie Windsor, Ella and Marina Mowatt are remarkable.
Edward does not look like his grandfather to me, nor does Harry look like that female ancestor imo.

:previous:

I quite agree with you, Susan Alicia. Except with Freddie. I always thought the big resemblence would be between him and Queen Alexandra:

http://i35.tinypic.com/34j255k.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2ufu3vd.jpg

To me he has "her eyes". :flowers: This may be why many people see a resemblence between Freddie & Eddie too.

Gabriella looks like an reincarnation of Princess Mary. But no resemblence between William and George VI. or Albert nor do I see an resemblence between Charles and Edward VII., and the resemblence between William and Edward I. seems a bit far-fetched to me as well. ;) But the resemblence between Bea & Victoria is amazing and surprisingly!

You know what's weird? The Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Henri, always puts me in mind of George VI.

nor do I see an resemblence between Charles and Edward VII., and the resemblence between William and Edward I. seems a bit far-fetched to me as well. ;) !

I can see it, Mermaid, now that you mention it.

Let's see -- Henri looks quite like his late mother, doesn't he? Wasn't she a Belgian princess before she married Grand Duke Jean? There's surely a connection through the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha branch somewhere, then.

I really found the photos to be very interesting.

You know what's weird? The Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Henri, always puts me in mind of George VI.

Yes! :) I've noticed an resemblence between them for years now. It's really a bit weird, but from his look Henri could be a missed son of George V. and Queen Mary. :flowers:

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's seen this resemblance.:flowers:

Yes! :) I've noticed an resemblence between them for years now. It's really a bit weird, but from his look Henri could be a missed son of George V. and Queen Mary. :flowers:

British Royal Family Clones

The throne clones: How the Royal Family inherited more than just their titles

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 10:53 AM on 03rd November 2009

You may think that Princess Beatrice has her father's face and her mother's hair. But she also bears a striking resemblance to a young Queen Victoria. And she's not the only royal to share an uncanny similarity with a regal ancestor.

The throne clones: How the Royal Family inherited more than just their titles | Mail Online

Saturday, October 31, 2009

In the British Royal Family not only titles are transmitted by inheritance, but also the striking similarity of family members with their royal ancestors. Sometimes it seems that cloning was used though it is not possible. Now let’s look at the photos. Don’t they look freakishly similar to you?

http://landofpics.blogspot.com/2009/10/british-royal-family-clones.html

Long face: George III's consort Charlotte (1744-1818), and four times great-granddaughter Lady Gabriella Windsor.

royal_family_10.jpg (image)

^ some of them don't really look alike, they just looked for pictures that looked similar to the current like the one with P. Anne and the baby.

I think Peter and William both look a bit like Prince Philip, so I can certainly see a resemblance. Prince Harry's really starting to favor his grandfather, too!

I think Peter and William both look a bit like Prince Philip, so I can certainly see a resemblance. Prince Harry's really starting to favor his grandfather, too!

Harry to me has always looked like Philip's father and William has always reminded me of photos of Philip as a teenager.

I see little of Charles in them but a lot of Philip.

I can only see Philip in Harry... Peter Phillips has a little bit from his father, but the eyes and mouth are Windsor. Andrew indeed is a Mountbatten-Windsor to me. Btw, as I saw a portrait of Charles in profile lately, I really realized how much his bone structure resembles his grandfather Prince Andrew of Greece. To me Charles doesn't look like a Windsor, he has some greek looks, a lot of Mountbatten and Bowes-Lyon. JMHO.

:previous:

Charles' famous ears came from his grandfather Prince Andrew too! :D

the Princess Beatrice looks like her mother.:flowers: She is always in good mood.

Has anybody noticed the family resemblance between the York girls and the daughters of the first Duke of Edinburgh ( Marie Melita Beatrice and Sandra)

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody noticed the family resemblance between the York girls and the daughters of the first Duke of Edinburgh ( Marie Melita Beatrice and Sandra)
To tell you the truth, no. Ducky, Missy, Baby Bea and Sandra looked, to me, very different than these girls.

Two points - I have always felt that William looked like a Mountbatten-Windsor and it is clear in this photo that he does have strong genes from his father.
and..
Couldn't the proofreader of this sentence actually correct the grammar? Finishing a sentence with a preposition is just so wrong (except for Winston Churchill's example "up with which I will not put")

He has a strong resemblance to Prince Andrew that shows up at various times--that square-jawed look that Prince Philip and Peter Phillips has and that Lord Mountbatten had.
Sometimes I find Harry looking like Prince Edward, especially the smile.

Funny you should say that. I saw a painting done of the royal family on the balcony in 1977 and when I first looked at this painting I was trying to ID the different people. I IDd one as Harry and had to go back and work it out considering the painting was done in 1977. It was, in fact, a 13 year old Prince Edward.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who sees the resemblance! :flowers: There was a picture taken of an infant Prince Harry. I think that it was on Britannia and taken by Prince Andrew. It's a profile picture, and he looks like a young Edward in that one, too.

William and Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie, Louise and James

I think from a certain angle, William resembles his Grandfather, Prince Philip very much, but head-on is the image of his mother. His gestures are often those of his father--as are Harry's. I laugh when people say Charles isn't Harry's father--are they BLIND? He looks a lot like his father--just the red hair [hello, the Spencer's have red hair all thru the family!] and his upturned nose [which again is very like his Spencer grandfather at his age].
Poor Beatrice has her father's awful pop eyes. Now Eugenie, I think is lovely! She sort of looks like her mother, with her father's coloring, but not 100% of either. Very striking.
Louise is the image of her Grandmother the Queen! James, in the very, very few photos we've seen most resembles Prince Charles as a little boy. I wish they'd been on the balcony for Trooping the Colour this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom