The Princess of Orange Jewels 1: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This tiara always works well with blue dresses - Máxima also wore it to a previous event in Denmark (the wedding of Joachim and Marie if I am not mistaken - with the one-shoulder blue-patterned dress). I liked the addition of the necklace as well.

Last edited:
Has a new base been added on to the converted sapphire tiara worn at Christians 18th birthday party. Previously, it always appeared nestles directly into the wearers hair but it seems more elevated now.

https://imgix.billedbladet.dk/2023-...op=faces,entropy&ar=1050:750&fill=blur&w=1900
The Tiara looks lovely with the new base, it looks better balanced imo. It remind me of Q.Victorias Saphire coronet.. https://gem-a.com/media/k2/items/cache/139702ff92e93f29d84ebf976a5dfd8f_L.jpg

I think C Amalia looked magnificent in her jewels. I like the sapphire tiara on her better than the peacock tiara.

Has a new base been added on to the converted sapphire tiara worn at Christians 18th birthday party. Previously, it always appeared nestles directly into the wearers hair but it seems more elevated now.

https://imgix.billedbladet.dk/2023-...op=faces,entropy&ar=1050:750&fill=blur&w=1900

I think it's the same base, but it's always hidden by previous wearers' hair, see the photo with side portrait of Maxima:
https://www.tiara-mania.com/2012/01/sapphire-parure-necklace-tiara.html

I like it and its makes for a very regal looking tiara on the Princess of Orange.

Princess Catharina-Amalia's tiara appearances of 2023:

1 2 3

Amalia in the Ruby Peacock Tiara with an twin necklace!
Upper view

Lovely to see the two pieces together. That gives hope for the future. Of the parure only the brooch is missing here as the was wearing the peacock bracelet too.
Her mother has never worn a full parure as of yet. I am not sure her grandmother did either (only a full aquamarine parure in Denmark IIRC).

The jewels do not overwhelm her, though it is a pity the cape is obscuring the beautiful necklace.

Lovely to see the two pieces together. That gives hope for the future. Of the parure only the brooch is missing here as the was wearing the peacock bracelet too.
Her mother has never worn a full parure as of yet. I am not sure her grandmother did either (only a full aquamarine parure in Denmark IIRC).

The jewels do not overwhelm her, though it is a pity the cape is obscuring the beautiful necklace.
Good to see the necklace and tiara both worn. C-A has the presence to carry them both off.

You read my mind as I looked at the picture. The cape was unnecessary and covered the necklace. I understand her style is to be reserved with clothes, often covering her, but a different dress with sleeves would have done it too.

The shape of the tiara is mirroring the V-line of the dress.

The colour (blue and rubies) works so well here. Yet the cloak and necklace are incompatible. Just unnecessary to have both.

She looked great yesterday. Only that i think she should have worn the necklace over the cape

Prinses Amalia certainly inherited her mother's love for wearing jewels. It's very promising! The necklace was not perfect in this combination with the cape, but her tiara-hair was really great, imo.

The colour (blue and rubies) works so well here. Yet the cloak and necklace are incompatible. Just unnecessary to have both.

I agree, the rubies work well with the navy dress and cloak.

I do think i should either have been the necklace or the cape. I actually think the cape added a lot of gravitas, so maybe the necklace should have stayed away. It is early days, and I am sure she will learn this restraint in time.

I hope she will not learn restraint in the early nor in the later days TBH. I would be looking forward to her wearing full parures in the future.

I like the fact that Princess Catharina-Amalia wore the necklace with the Ruby Peacock Tiara. She is developing her own jewelry style.

Necklace doesn't work with the cape. Amalia has worn this tiara twice now in her short tiara period - must be a favourite

To much jewels for a young Princess and she is to tall for wearing the Peacock.
Princesses Beatrix and Irene addended State Visits when they were young but with simple dresses and tiaras.

Princess Irene actually wore the peacock tiara mostly when she was in her late teens/twenties. Perhaps the more puffy hair style of that era helped in masking the hight of the tiara. I never thought it as specifically tall before.

Back
Top Bottom