The Princess of Orange Jewels 1: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
Welcome to

The Princess of Orange Jewels
thread

commencing January 2022

attachment.php

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.​

Last edited:
Her mother's wedding tiara, a nice tribute. It looks good on her and she wears it well. Only an up-do would have further improved her look.

Yes, I agree about an updo or at least hair pulled back.
What is the diamond necklace she is wearing?

Yes, I agree about an updo or at least hair pulled back.
What is the diamond necklace she is wearing?

One of the many diamond colliers in the family collection. This is a relatively modest one as a starter. There are some single strand diamond colliers in the cassettes with serious carat stones.

Last edited:
The tiara is lovely but it need an an up-do hairstyle.

The Princess looked lovely. I wonder how many times all the Princesses practiced with different hairstyles and wearing the tiaras. I remember some years ago, Queen Elizabeth commenting about the weight of crowns and tiaras. How one had to not bend their head over because of the weight, how the tiaras are attached to the hair/head, and other comments. It appears Princess Amalia has a light weight tiara which is just right for her and she is comfortable in it. She will have so many events to wear an updo that for now she is young and her hair down is just fine….a beautiful Princess!

The tiara could have used an updo indeed.

The button-star tiara only looks good on Beatrix and Margriet, whose volumous hair back up the empty spaces of the tiara. A pity they could not have made a nicer tiara from the beautiful diamond stars. Fortunately there will be many other tiaras for her to try.

Last edited:
I thought the tiara looked wonderful on her but I wish it had been more securely fixed as it had slipped slightly right. I think the entire ensemble she wore harmonised beautifully and balanced out very well.

I would like to see in detail the bracelet and the impressive ring worn by Amalia.

Does anyone have details of these jewels?

Nice emeralds for Amalia at her first Prinsjesdag, although I have no idea what part of the family collection they're from. (Would not be surprised if the Princess planned her outfit around these.) https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2022/PPE22092005.jpg

The choker appears to have pearls as well?

The earrings C-A is wearing are the bottom part of Maxima's own emerald and diamond pendant earrings. The necklace is part of the historic demi parure worn by at least 3 generations of Dutch queens.

Apart from the emeralds the princess is also wearing diamond stars on the turban. All together it is a lot for an 18 y/o.

The emeralds were a gift by Queen Emma to her daughter in 1899. The parure was made in Frankfurt. The emeralds themselves are older and supposedly came to the Netherlands with the first Wilhelmina of Prussia (wife of stadholder Willem V).

Well spotted I had totally missed that!

I'm so excited that she is now on the royal stage. We're definitely going to be in for a treat...seeing more and more jewels and having them repurposed in different ways!!

The earrings C-A is wearing are the bottom part of Maxima's own emerald and diamond pendant earrings. The necklace is part of the historic demi parure worn by at least 3 generations of Dutch queens.

Those earrings aren't the same as Maxima's. CA's have 15 round diamonds surronding the emerald, but Maxima's have 20 round diamonds with a pear shape diamond on the lower part.
I think the ones used by Amalia are from the emerald parure too. Those are the pear shape emerals that were taken of of the emerald tiara. According to:
https://www.tiara-mania.com/2011/10/emerald-parure-tiara.html
There are photos of Q. Beatrix and Q. Juliana wearing them with different bases. I count 15 diamonds too.
Juliana's
Maxima's
Amalia's

Interesting observation. You are correct, they are indeed not the modern emerald earrings of Q. Máxima but older ones that used to be on top of the tiara and were now used as earrings.

You are in good company as Modekoninginmaxima came to the same conclusion as you did and has some clearer pictures, which makes it easier to identify:

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/waar-komen-amalias-oorbellen-nu-echt-vandaan/

Last edited:
Those earrings aren't the same as Maxima's. CA's have 15 round diamonds surronding the emerald, but Maxima's have 20 round diamonds with a pear shape diamond on the lower part.
I think the ones used by Amalia are from the emerald parure too. Those are the pear shape emerals that were taken of of the emerald tiara. According to:
https://www.tiara-mania.com/2011/10/emerald-parure-tiara.html
There are photos of Q. Beatrix and Q. Juliana wearing them with different bases. I count 15 diamonds too.
Juliana's
Maxima's
Amalia's

Thanks for flagging, I had not appreciated. I would quite like to see these emeralds restored to the top of the tiara to give it some heft.

Amalia wore a charm necklace made by the Greek designer (and queen Máxima's friend) Marianne Lemos. The central 'charm' is the evil eye - a symbol that the Dutch royal family uses more often (including Amalia at her first day at uni).

Her younger sisters Alexia and Ariane wore the same necklace (in addition to a different necklace of their own) - so some suggest that this might be in solidarity with Amalia. Note that Alexia's other charm necklace included a 'coin' with an image of queen Elizabeth.

See modekoninginmaxima.

Catharina-Amalia's tiara appearance of 2022:

Amalia wore a charm necklace made by the Greek designer (and queen Máxima's friend) Marianne Lemos. The central 'charm' is the evil eye - a symbol that the Dutch royal family uses more often (including Amalia at her first day at uni).

Her younger sisters Alexia and Ariane wore the same necklace (in addition to a different necklace of their own) - so some suggest that this might be in solidarity with Amalia. Note that Alexia's other charm necklace included a 'coin' with an image of queen Elizabeth.

See modekoninginmaxima.

Amalia seems to wear this necklace -almost- all the time:

Official picture with her grandmother

And during the Caribbean tour:
Boat trip from Aruba to Curacao
Aruba visit (2nd day - afternoon)
Aruba visit (2nd day - morning)
Aruba visit (first day)
Bonaire visit - evening
Bonaire visit - arrival

So far, the only time she didn't was when she wore a (see through) dress that went all the way up to her neck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom