The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Lena and Magnik. The king certainly has an interesting look in that photo. I wonder what he is thinking...

a120li.jpg
a136ip.jpg

The royals just left... and now they´re off to the city hall

just a note: I couldn´t help but notice that Madeleine´s behind looked huge in that dress?! Whats up with that, she´s usually tiny... must be the shape of the dress or something...

Victoria (from getty)

Attachments

• 56411024.jpg
    56411024.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 247
  • 56410967.jpg
    56410967.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 328
  • 56410961.jpg
    56410961.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 265
Yennie said:
just a note: I couldn´t help but notice that Madeleine´s behind looked huge in that dress?! Whats up with that, she´s usually tiny... must be the shape of the dress or something...

I noticed that too...Not that I was looking. ha ha ha. But yes. It's like she has that 18th century behind look that the women had "back" then. :)

in this getty photo Madeleine´s eyes looks brown...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
Was it just me or did Madeline look really grumpy. The dresses were nice but there were not noble dresses. I think Princess Lilian was the only one who got it right. She looks fantastic expecially for an elderly women. What happends next. Will the city hall reception be on webcast. Is there an award ceremony later today in Norway.

more from getty :

Attachments

• 56411096.jpg
    56411096.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 56411032.jpg
    56411032.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 249
  • 56411036.jpg
    56411036.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 56411050.jpg
    56411050.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 228
  • 56411067.jpg
    56411067.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 56411076.jpg
    56411076.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Princejonnhy25 said:
Was it just me or did Madeline look really grumpy..

She looked rather tired during the broadcast and in the photos. Maybe grumpy. I thought it was fatigue.

on the details, i like what Victoria wore.. the embroidery on her waist..

Dennism said:
She looked rather tired during the broadcast and in the photos. Maybe grumpy. I thought it was fatigue.
perhaps she was out last night partying with friends :)

I think Madeleine usually looks like that during the cermony, but then at the dinner she comes to life and talks and laughts... perhaps the cermony is boring

Yapp, that´s it, new Nobel-day and dresses. I bit pale I have to agree, but remember it´s such hard light in Konserthuset. I think that both Madeleine´s and Victoria´s dresses will look so much more in the more warm light at Blå Hallen. And if you get the possibility to see Victoria from behind you will se something really royal; the dress, the train, the hair and the tiara! But it would have been even greater on CP Mary of Danmark with her more cold colours than Victorias more warm colours.
Madeleine has a more modern touch than her sister that look so good on her, but I prefer Victorias more royal ( in my opinion) style.
A pity that Silvia didn´t choose a new dress, but I do like the colour! And she must have been up to some more botox in Brazil when she went there a month ago!

Yennie said:

I think Madeleine usually looks like that during the cermony, but then at the dinner she comes to life and talks and laughts... perhaps the cermony is boring

O, yes. A possibility. You're right. She does. And Victoria looks rather serious throughout the ceremony. Perhaps? Just Perhaps?:D

"on the details, i like what Victoria wore.. the embroidery on her waist.."

Yes, that was a nice touch. Beautiful detail.

This was my first Nobel Prize Award. I must say I rather enjoyed it. I liked listening to all the accomplishment the people made and the things they discovered. The music was immaculate. I loved it. Compared to pictures of past awards the Royals were more elegant rather than glamorous. They still looked nice. Can anyone help me figure out the tiaras. I think Victoria wore the Baden Fringe and Lilian the Daisy Button Tiara but I dont know the rest.

Alva said:
Yapp, that´s it, new Nobel-day and dresses. I bit pale I have to agree, but remember it´s such hard light in Konserthuset. I think that both Madeleine´s and Victoria´s dresses will look so much more in the more warm light at Blå Hallen. And if you get the possibility to see Victoria from behind you will se something really royal; the dress, the train, the hair and the tiara!

O, yes. The train was a very good thing for that dresss. I forgot to mention it. Very royal. I forgot to mention her hair. I like it like that. You're right. That is such a bad venue as far as lighting goes.

Okay, here are my thoughts so far...

* I love the blue colour on Queen Silvia's dress, but it's too bad she wears a recycled one, and the model of it could be better.

* Crown Princess Victoria's dress is very nice, but it's too pale and it looks fragile on her. She needs a more distinctive dress and more colour! I hope it's the light in the Concert Hall, like Alva suggests it is. Great hair do and tiara, all the details are spectacular on our Crown Princess!

* Princess Madeleine's dress looks lovely, the only thing I think could be better is the colour (more strong colours for her as well). Perhaps it's the light there too.

* Princess Lilian looks adorable as always, I'm so impressed by this wonderful 90 year old gal! She always looks wonderful.

* Prince Carl Philips looks a bit too thin. My mother immediately wondered if he doesn't get enough to eat :D

Last edited:
Princejonnhy25 said:
The music was immaculate. I loved it.

The music does not get enough attention. Another excellent soprano this year. I like the musical interludes. The Alfven piece was good. The Verdi area was nice too.

GrandDuchess said:
Prince Carl Philips looks a bit too thin. My mother immediately wondered if he doesn't get enough to eat :D

ha ha ha. I'm sure there are more than a few on this board who would like to cook for him and then feed him...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
more from getty

Attachments

• 56411140.jpg
    56411140.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 56411105.jpg
    56411105.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 56411129.jpg
    56411129.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 198
  • 56411134.jpg
    56411134.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 56411135.jpg
    56411135.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 56411169.jpg
    56411169.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 345
Yennie said:

Yes maybe. But being Royal is about looking as interested as possible. No matter, if you actually think of chocolate cake or your boyfriend. The face should show empathy. ;)

Lena said:
Yes maybe. But being Royal is about looking as interested as possible. No matter, if you actually think of chocolate cake or your boyfriend. The face should show empathy. ;)

Yes, very true. Well said. They should look interested indeed.

The decorations in white at the Concert Hall were lovely, especially the white flowers that decorated the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra's box - it looked wonderful! But then again, the decorations are always fabulous. I'm amazed how well the flowers, leafs and branches are kept and how fresh they look after the trip all the way from San Remo.

And I agree, the soprano Erika Sunnergårdh was fabulous. But to my taste not as good as my favourite, Susanna Andersson, from last year's event. Erika will make her Metropolitan debut next spring!

Princejonnhy25 said:
What happends next. Will the city hall reception be on webcast. Is there an award ceremony later today in Norway.

The award cermony in Oslo have already taken place, it´s before the cermony in Stockholm. The banquett is not aired live (to my knowledge neiter on SVT or nobelprize.org) on the internet, only live on tv. They usually make a short highlights of the evening clip that is put on the nobelprize.org page in about two weeks.

GrandDuchess said:
The decorations in white at the Concert Hall were lovely, especially the white flowers that decorated the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra's box - it looked wonderful! But then again, the decorations are always fabulous. I'm amazed how well the flowers, leafs and branches are kept and how fresh they look after the trip all the way from San Remo.

Yes, very true. The flowers from San Remo are always a nice thing to see in the Concert Hall. Some beautiful flowers in a Stockholm December is a very refreshing change. :)

Yennie said:
in this getty photo Madeleine´s eyes looks brown...

yes.. i also noticed that.
did she wear a contact lense? i thought hers was blue or is it green?

O.K. Which of today Swedish ladies is The Queen of the evening?

I think that Victoria:)

Hmmm, a mixed pleasure, this year's Nobel:
Three out of four Royal ladies with new dresses, that should have bee great! But...
CP Victoria's dress doesn't do anything for her - the fabric much too stiff & creased & the color too pale. I love the train, though. Her choice of jewelry & hairstyle is great and she looks lovely, but that dress could have been designed anytime from 1920 on... and she might just as well wear it in 2020 again. Then she'll be right age for it.
Princess Madeleine went for the 'Just out of bed' look... along with quite a grumpy expression indeed. Her dress is too much like a nightgown for me, and her hair is just all over the place. Style-wise, her worst Nobel so far, I'd say.
Queen Silvia in a beautiful recycled dress - but the cameo jewels just don't go very well with it... would have been great with the sapphires. Plus, her orders & sashes pull the top of the dress in all the wrong directions - a fauxpas very rare for her!
Princess Lilian classy as always - good color on her - love the 'Sari' style back - but some embroidery wouldn't have hurt...
I wonder too what everyone will look like at the banquet, as the TV lighting is indeed totally unflattering.

Pictures from the Nobel Prize Awarding Ceremony in the Concert Hall. The pictures of the royals are by Leif R Jansson and those of the non-royals are by Johan Nilsson, both Scanpix via Svenska Dagbladet.

1: The Crown Princess, 2: Princess Madeleine, 3: Queen Silvia, 4: The King, 5: Minister for Foreign Affairs, Laila Freivalds, together with the Marshal of the Realm, Ingemar Eliasson, 6: Minister for Culture, Leif Pagrotsky, has troubbles finding the right entrance and receives help, 7: The Prime Minister, Göran Persson, and wife Anitra Steen, 8: The Laureates 2005

Attachments

• SvD, pristagarna.jpg
    SvD, pristagarna.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 222
  • SvD2.jpg
    SvD2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 354
  • SvD, paret Persson.jpg
    SvD, paret Persson.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 286
  • SvD, Paggan.jpg
    SvD, Paggan.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 216
  • SvD, Freivalds.jpg
    SvD, Freivalds.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 235
  • SvD4.jpg
    SvD4.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 541
  • SvD3.jpg
    SvD3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 388
  • SvD1.jpg
    SvD1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
Pictures from the Nobel Prize Awarding Ceremony in the Concert Hall. The pictures of the royals are by Leif R Jansson and those of the non-royals are by Johan Nilsson, both Scanpix via Svenska Dagbladet.

1: The Crown Princess, 2: Princess Madeleine, 3: Queen Silvia, 4: The King, 5: Minister for Foreign Affairs, Laila Freivalds, together with the Marshal of the Realm, Ingemar Eliasson, 6: Minister for Culture, Leif Pagrotsky, has troubbles finding the right entrance and receives help, 7: The Prime Minister, Göran Persson, and wife Anitra Steen, 8: The Laureates 2005

Great photos, GrandDuchess. Thank you for finding and posting them. That was nice of the young women to help out Leif. :)

from polfoto..

Attachments

• AP502372_guest.jpg
    AP502372_guest.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 202
  • AP502469_guest.jpg
    AP502469_guest.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 195
  • AP502380_guest.jpg
    AP502380_guest.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 182
  • AP502386_guest.jpg