The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet you know, when it starts Jossan ;) What do you do regularly on Nobel day? Do you watch it on TV? Alone? Do you cook the Nobel dinner from last year (as some older women are said to do)?

Couldn´t we last year read a blogg of a wife of a winner in Physics?? She seemed very funny and the way she talked about her family, let me assume, that they take it easy, have humour and care for each other.
So I would say Physicists have also a life after going home ;) Personally I´ve made the experience, that younger profs and doctors in Physics (and generally in scientific fields) are very much and very deep into their subjects. They are so boring, that it´s best to take a big coffee with you to the lecture. As they get older, they seem to educate themselves also in other fields and are open for other ideas. The right age shouldn´t be the problem at the NPA ;)

i think i saw a bit of the nobels but i cant really remember when its starts it could be15 also
i have to look at the tv gudie hold on a second

i was so wrong its starts 16.25 on swedish tv

i ussaly check what kind of deresses and the jewllery then i go online to hear and talk to others i am off to my mom and dad lter on so not much nobel this year for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Silvias brother Walther L Sommerlath and wife Ingrid Sommerlath will attend to Nobbel prize and Count Lennart Bernadottes widow Sonja Bernadotte,his one son Björn Bernadotte will attend to Nobel prize.

in couple more hours... aawww... i'm getting more excited.. hopefully, we won't be dissapointed with any last-minute changes this year..

Jose said:
Queen Silvias brother Walther L Sommerlath and wife Ingrid Sommerlath will attend to Nobbel prize and Count Lennart Bernadottes widow Sonja Bernadotte,his one son Björn Bernadotte will attend to Nobel prize.

thats so nice. it's great to see that Silivia is still so close to her Sommerlath family.

mixer2002de said:
Maybe Madleine wears a Lil Kim style dress :D

The Mixer-comment of the day. Well, you can always hope until 16:30 ;)

Victoria lookes amazing in a new dress that looks like white with the baden tiara, Silvia wears an old blue dress with the cameo tiara.

if the webcast has begun.. then i see Victoria in white. the QUeen in blue.

Madeleine in white, hair down

Just one word: boring!

I dont like the dresses this year. Just to simple for Nobel imo

I have to agree. She looks more adult this year. Very nice and that tiara is quite nice too. The Baden tiara. I recognize it but I couldn't name it. Silvia's gown looks like a throw back. Very large. I mean with lots of fabric. Madeleine's is a recycled one. I can't think of where I've seen it right now. Maybe at a wedding.

Yennie said:
Just one word: boring!

I dont like the dresses this year. Just to simple for Nobel imo

Not glamourous enough for you? I'll have to agree with you in that. They look good but it does lack that glamour. Except for Victoria's tiara. That thing just shines!

Dennism said:
Not glamour enough for you? I'll have to agree with you in that. They look good but it does lack that glamour. Except for Victoria's tiara. That thing just shines!
haha, no ;)
The dresses are nice, but not "strong" enough to the Nobel festivities. The are beautiful and would have been great for a statevisit or a official dinner, but Nobel - no

We need more colour for the princesses please. Nice hairstyle on Victoria though!

Last edited:
too mellow?? i agree...
Princess Lilian looks nice in lime green..

a13dv.jpg

Yennie said:
haha, no ;)We need more colour for the princesses please. Nice hairstyle on Victoria though!

Yes and that tiara is nice on her too. Even I, in my admiration for the much-maligned 4 Button tiara, can see that that is one very nice tiara.

is madeleine wearing the dress she wore at her mother 60th birthday teater event

Yes, I thought that dress was orange or had orange in it.

No, I think Silvia's dress had orange in it on that night.

Madeleine & Victoria looks nice... great tiaras & hair-do-s. Lilian looks lovely... and thank goodness for Silvia who add extra colours to the nobel with her blue dress..
all dress looks great.. no repeat of 2002 madeleine's dress.. haha..
but, yeah.. it looks quite mellow and pale..

Lena, thanks for the first pictures from nobel-award.

The women looks beautiful with dresses and tiaras!

" all dress looks great.. no repeat of 2002 madeleine's dress.. haha..
but, yeah.. it looks quite mellow and pale.."

Yes, indeed. She is realizing that pales and pastels are her best shades to the chagrin of those who liked the dress in 2002.

a67zt.jpg
a75qy.jpg

Last edited:
Is Madeleine wearing a new dress? I can´t remember seeing it before.

Lena said:

Nice photo. She was clapping after the soprano sang. A good singer, I must say.

a89kj.jpg
a93em.jpg

Last edited:
Both Madeleine and Victoria has some rather bland colours on their dresses, in my opinion. I'd rather have seen them in the colours worn by Silvia and Lilian - a bit more fresh.

I first saw the pictures of Silvia sitting and wasn't overly impressed with her dress, the decolletage looked all wrong, to me at least. But when she was standing, it improved.

norwegianne said:
Both Madeleine and Victoria has some rather bland colours on their dresses, in my opinion. I'd rather have seen them in the colours worn by Silvia and Lilian - a bit more fresh.

Yes, they are rather bland colors. Lilian always wears bright colors it seems for these events. Or maybe that's just my imagination. I like the blue on Silvia though but the dress could have been better.

a106tq.jpg
a114zc.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom