The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
soCal girl said:
True, but it doesn't matter if she wears the dress she was going to last year because we haven't seen her in it yet. BTW, does Madeleine also get her gala dresses custom-made like Victoria or is it "off the rack."?

That's what i meant by "new" she can get a completely new one or she can wear last years one that would stil be new to us as we have never seen it.
I think Madeleine can wear either custom made or "off the rack", wasn't it her 2002 Nobel dress that she designed herself and had made? I am not sure if her others were made for her or "off the rack"

Are the nobel prizes air live on TV. Does anybody have info on when it airs and what channels will show it.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Are the nobel prizes air live on TV. Does anybody have info on when it airs and what channels will show it.
Yes, SVT 1 and 2 usually broadcast live from the Award Ceremonies in the Concert Hall and the Banquet at the City Hall. Maybe SVT24 will also broadcast something, I haven't checked for that info yet.

Thats good, Does anybody know if EuroNews will show it. If not I always have the internet. Are the Swedish Royals the only royals that attend.

I think King Harald also attends. I don't know about the rest of the Norwegian Royal Family. I do know that some part of the ceremony takes part in Norway though.

soCal girl said:
I think King Harald also attends. I don't know about the rest of the Norwegian Royal Family. I do know that some part of the ceremony takes part in Norway though.
They present the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, Norway.

I knew the awards were presented in Norway. I had always thought the King of Norway presented them and that the Norwegian royals hosted it and then I saw it on the Swedish thread and I doubted myself thinking that I got the Nordic kingdoms confused. When do they hand out the awards.

I believe December 10 (or sometime around there) is when the ceremony is held in Sweden, with the entire royal family present. The next day, there is a banquet for the laureates and the royal family also attends. After that, I think that's when King Harald presents the Nobel Peace Prize in Norway and the Norwegian royals host it.

I hope Princess Madeleine will attend this time and not got sick at the last minute..

After a disappointing 2001 and 2004 Nobel because of the absence of Princess Madeleine, I'm expecting a lot this year. New dress, great hairdo, everything! Queen Silvia and Crownprincess Victoria have a little bit more leeway with me...:D

It has just been announced on the Swedish Court's website that the whole Royal Family will attend this year's Nobel ceremony on Dec. 10 - meaning of course that both CP Victoria and Princess Madeleine will be present, apart from The King & Queen, Princess Lilian and Prince Catrl Phillip. :D
The annual 'follow-up' dinner for the Nobel prize recipients at Stockholm Palace on Dec. 11 will also be attended by everyone - except for Princess Madeleine. :rolleyes:
I'm looking forward to two most glittering events! :)

Is there a reason given as to why Madeleine is not attending the dinner?

Via this link (to a press release by the Nobel Foundation) you can read about the arrangements around the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony and following Banquet on December 10.

I got this link of GrandDuchess
36_1_32v.gif

It´s fantastic to watch the old Nobel prize festivities. It seems so regal and special. When I could choose, I would choose to get an NPA in 1955 instead of 2005 (how modest I am) :D

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=31470&lid=puff_499053&lpos=lasMer

is there a link where non-swedes can watch the festivities?

I know it says on the schedule that the whole royal family is supposed to attend. It was like that last year but at the last minute Princess Madeleine couldn't make it because she was sick (I know it wasn't her fault, but it still made me sad, the Nobel isn't complete w/o the whole royal family). So I'm hoping everybody is healthy, happy, and that Madeleine doesn't have any major exams. It's in four days!...well in southern california. :D

LaMinka said:
and btw, who is going to be the host in Oslo Spektrum (Plase not Tom Crusie and Oprah this year too!)

[FONT=tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Julianne Moore will co-host the 2005 Nobel Peace Prize Concert for laureate Mohamed El Baradei and the International Atomic Energy Agency he leads, organizers said Tuesday. Moore will join actress Salma Hayek as joint masters of ceremony for the Dec. 11 show in Oslo that includes artists Gladys Knight, Duran Duran and Sugababes.

[/FONT]Excellent. So we should see two nice gowns, hopefully, as well in Oslo. :)
[FONT=tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennism said:
He sort of reminds me of David Letterman though...:D

:D David Letterman reminds me more of Bill Gates...but maybe it´s because they are both old ;)

Is no one shocked, that Madeleine is seated next to a (former...I think)bishop?? Will she then dare to repeat or even boost her style from 2002?!?! ;)

Translation of information from Svenska Dagbladet:

After the Awarding Ceremony in the Concert Hall in the afternoon, the banquet in the Stockholm City Hall begins in the evening. An event in which 1 350 guests are to be served in three minutes.

Time schedule - the Nobel Banquet:

18:45: The King and Queen are presented to the Laureates in the Prince’s Gallery
19:00: The guests of honour (from the honour table in the middle, where the Royal Family is seated) descend from the staircase to the Blue Hall where the banquet’s dinner is served
19:10: The King’s toast in the memory of Alfred Nobel
19:16: The waiters descend down the big staircase. The dinner begins.
22:05: The Laureates speeches of thanks
22:30: The banquet is finished, the guests of honours leave. The dance in the Golden Hall begins.
22:30: The King and Queen receive the Laureates and their families in the Prince’s Gallery

(some beverage, china & cutlery statistics for the banquet)

nobelfest6004bu.gif

The info and the graphic that I've re-done into English are all from a large graphics made by Svenska Dagbladet, ttp://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/ettan/did_10691840.asp#

Lena said:
:D David Letterman reminds me more of Bill Gates...but maybe it´s because they are both old ;)

Is no one shocked, that Madeleine is seated next to a (former...I think)bishop?? Will she then dare to repeat or even boost her style from 2002?!?! ;)

Yes, Gates too. O, Madeleine is seated next to a bishop. Hmm. That will likely extract some comments from people...Thank you for the informationand the schedule, GrandDuchess. Good of you to translate too.The diagram is nice too. Thank you for the seating chart, Lena.

"An event in which 1 350 guests are to be served in three minutes."

That is quite good. Beats the old record held by Martha Stewart, I think...

Dennism said:
GrandDuchess said:
"An event in which 1 350 guests are to be served in three minutes."
That is quite good. Beats the old record held by Martha Stewart, I think...
:D Yes, our lovely Martha - the domestic goddess à la supérieure. But I highly doubt even the goddess could cope with serving 1 350 guests in 3 minutes in the Blue Hall which is a huge venue...

Lena said:
Stålseth is indeed a former Bishop, (is one allowed to be called bishop when one is retired I wonder) He was the one who married Haakon and Mette-Marit and christened Maud Angelica and Ingrid Alexandra. He used to be in the Norwegian Nobel comite. I will say he has been out and about a rainy day before, is on the liberal side and would surly not faint if Madeleine was to choose her RED dress. I would rather sit next to him than the winner of the physics prize:rolleyes: When he first starts to speak you only need put in some yes and nos on the right places and then you have it going, a very nice man.

I hope Victoria has brushed up on her physics, sitting many hours between TWO physics winners would scare me a little, what do you talk to them about...

Larzen said:
Stålseth is indeed a former Bishop, (is one allowed to be called bishop when one is retired I wonder) He was the one who married Haakon and Mette-Marit and christened Maud Angelica and Ingrid Alexandra. He used to be in the Norwegian Nobel comite. I will say he has been out and about a rainy day before, is on the liberal side and would surly not faint if Madeleine was to choose her RED dress. I would rather sit next to him than the winner of the physics prize:rolleyes: When he first starts to speak you only need put in some yes and nos on the right places and then you have it going, a very nice man.

ha ha ha. Yes, physics is rather hard to understand for sure. At least with a former man of the cloth, you can discuss a lot of things that are more easily understandable. I´m sure he's been warned ahead of time about Madeleine. :D

I suppose you can still call him a Bishop. In English, you call ex-senators "Senator" or ex-prime ministers "Prime minister" and so on especially if that was the highest office they reached or the last office they were in. I assume the same thing applies to people of the cloth.

"I hope Victoria has brushed up on her physics, sitting many hours between TWO physics winners would scare me a little, what do you talk to them about..."

Yes, let´s hope she did. That would intimidate me too.

"Yes, our lovely Martha - the domestic goddess à la supérieure. But I highly doubt even the goddess could cope with serving 1 350 guests in 3 minutes in the Blue Hall which is a huge venue..."

Yes, perhaps but maybe she did pretty well last winter when she had a lot of people around her who were hungry...:D

Back
Top Bottom