The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The website looks nice. I do wish they had excluded the coat of arms though - I think it's just going to instigate histrionic reactions that they don't need if they truly are trying to rebrand from their past life. I know they will be attacked no matter what they do or say but IMO this was something that could have been avoided.

I am also interested to see their communications plan moving forward. The previous website had an option to sign up for a newsletter but that either got dropped or it didn't function well. IMO I think they need to engage with their audience - the website is fine but they should consider using some social media platform to get their message out.

The website looks nice. I do wish they had excluded the coat of arms though - I think it's just going to instigate histrionic reactions that they don't need if they truly are trying to rebrand from their past life. I know they will be attacked no matter what they do or say but IMO this was something that could have been avoided.

I am also interested to see their communications plan moving forward. The previous website had an option to sign up for a newsletter but that either got dropped or it didn't function well. IMO I think they need to engage with their audience - the website is fine but they should consider using some social media platform to get their message out.

That would be cool if their site had an Instagram, X-Twitter, BlueSky, or, just for fun, a TikTok, as a way to interact with their audiences.

I'm excited to see what HRH The Duchess of Sussex's new podcast is; I really liked Archetypes. Will it be a podcast version of The Tig?

Curious to see what the new podcast is about, but i have to admit that it irks me everytime i see the 'archetypes' podcast mentioned, as it wasn't about archetypes but about stereotypes..
what can i say, it's become a pet peeve ;)

It’s a pet peeve for me too. That was a ridiculous name imo.

I think she wanted her podcast to sound smart, but if you know the definitions of the words- well she just sounds ignorant. (FWIW- I think she knew the definitions.)

Eh- Meghan had her chance on a podcast for me. If she couldn’t do a good job with her one on women’s issues- I’m not holding my breath on this one. But- maybe she learned something from the last debacle. We’ll see. Meghan does like to talk. So no real surprise she’s doing another one.

Re: the website- it’s well organized, I’ll give it that.

:lol: Few things will ever be funnier to me than the way they cling to those titles like a security blanket. Did they think no one would know who they were if the website was just harryandmeghan.com?

Was doubling down on the Sussex title really the rebranding plan WEM had in mind for Meghan? I find this whole thing hilarious. Gauche, but hilarious.

I find it amusing too.

Agreed- the titles really were all over the place. Basically every royal symbol they could use- they used. Right down to linking us back to Sussexroyal. (You’d think they’d be a little embarrassed about that mess. Why remind people of it?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding their new website and rebrand: it seems rather odd that they would launch yet another site, after Sussexroyal and their archewell one. The error on the arms is interesting, you’d have thought that they reviewed the website after the graphic designer gave them the draft. I would have suspected that at least H would have noticed the fact that the arms were M’s only and that it was the arms from before his dad became king. I also found it odd that M’s biography has 11 paragraphs, and H’s only 6… it seems imbalanced to me, considering who was the A lister prior to their marriage.

More generally, on their ventures, it looks to me like nothing that they do really ‘sticks’ since they became non working royals. Their websites were never really used much/updated before they launched new ones, their ventures seem to die after some months (Netflix/Spotify etc). in terms of the causes they support, in general it feels to me as if they are jumping on the wagon of whatever is hot at the moment rather than having a clear vision on the work they want to do.

Agreed- the titles really were all over the place. Basically every royal symbol they could use- they used. Right down to linking us back to Sussexroyal. (You’d think they’d be a little embarrassed about that mess. Why remind people of it?)

lol, you'd think so! they show little self-introspection in general - as if anything they do is really good when everyone knows it is not. I'd have rephrased that website long ago if it were me!

There better not be contact details on the website otherwise they’ll get inundated with complaints from local taxpayers about road works at Haywards Heath or littering on Lewes High Street.:D

Last edited:
There better not be contact details on the website otherwise they’ll get inundated with complaints from local taxpayers about road works at Haywards Heath or littering on Lewes High Street.:D

Maybe they'll add a link to sussex.co.uk for that ;)

But now you mention it: for being the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, they actually spend very little attention to the actual county of Sussex

And more news today. It appears Meghan is going back into podcasting. It will be interesting to see what the new show’s content is like, after maybe a few years and some lessons learned about the industry.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/meghan...eal-lemonada-media-archetypes-1235823528/amp/

I wonder if she will learn from the mistakes of her previous podcast, ie making it all about herself and failing to listen to what the interviewee had to say.

Maybe they'll add a link to sussex.co.uk for that ;)

But now you mention it: for being the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, they actually spend very little attention to the actual county of Sussex

I think they spent an hour or two in Sussex once!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't understand why they don't pay closer attention to specifics (for example, the coat of arms), given they know they will be open to a great deal of criticism. Did WME handle this? How was this website publicly launched with such glaring errors? Very sloppy. Unless its a calculated move designed to bring them attention? I don't know that it would be worth the negative publicity they will inevitably get. Sometimes they really baffle me. :huh:

I just don't understand why they don't pay closer attention to specifics (for example, the coat of arms), given they know they will be open to a great deal of criticism. Did WME handle this? How was this website publicly launched with such glaring errors? Very sloppy. Unless its a calculated move designed to bring them attention? I don't know that it would be worth the negative publicity they will inevitably get. Sometimes they really baffle me. :huh:

From what I have seen of H&M in the last few years, they never seem to be very good at the "implementation" of any of their ideas.

I am not engaging a debate on the qualitative aspect of any of their endeavours, but viewed in the microcosm of this website, the execution is clearly lacking attention to detail. Be it the wrong coat of arms, the grammar or how their biographies are drafted. Could it be that this website was created in a very short space of time and just not reviewed as it ought to be?

It does have the feel of a rush job, perhaps to get it live in time for their arrival in Canada?

(And before I get flamed, I'm commenting on the website, not the couple! Yes, I know, the couple are the subject of the website. I have no idea if they built it themselves or if another agency was responsible. Either way, I don't find it very professional given the errors that should have been picked up, in my opinion. Errors that just fuel the criticism of the couple).

IMHO Meghan should relaunch The TIG, or launch a new lifestyle blog, and should have done it years ago. It is something that she has a proven track record in and with her increased profile, she would have had millions of followers upon relaunch / launch, which would have been an instant source of revenue, visibility and a "voice". If she could not or did not want to do the day to day, she could have staffed up appropriately.

To me, this could have been the gateway to whatever other endeavors she has an interest in be it podcasting, production, philanthropy, advocacy, etc.

Last edited:
:lol: That is true Durham.

I found it hilarious that DM called this "Breaking News". I know tabloids are always melodramatic, but to me "Breaking News" should be reserved for things like "The King has cancer" or "There is a war in Ukraine" or something along those lines.

The amount of FREE PRESS these people are giving the Sussexes are priceless. I have not seen Meghan's statement covered anywhere else. Without the full context it is hard to appreciate what Meghan was trying to say.

I found it hilarious that DM called this "Breaking News". I know tabloids are always melodramatic, but to me "Breaking News" should be reserved for things like "The King has cancer" or "There is a war in Ukraine" or something along those lines.

The amount of FREE PRESS these people are giving the Sussexes are priceless. I have not seen Meghan's statement covered anywhere else. Without the full context it is hard to appreciate what Meghan was trying to say.

It is her own statement. It should be clear enough to stand on its own.

Last edited:
Meghan didn’t issue a statement. This was on the website of the company that designed their page. It’s one of the many supporting comments on there by clients and probably has been there for a while. The Daily Mail just pulled it. Quite nonsense really. Another example of how they just make up news.

Thank you for the clarification. The headline implied that Meghan was responding to the current chatter about the new Sussex.com website, when that is simply not true. Of course, the clickbait worked so I don't expect the tabloids to stop doing this.

It's funny how a message complimenting the people who built their website is seen as a defense to...something. The Daily Mail gotta Daily Mail all the time.

If I understand correctly, the message is from the “article” site, the company that built the sussex site (and tig, archewell and sussexroyal). And it is not clear when it was published. I presume after the site went live, otherwise the tabloids would have unearthed it before. If all of this is correct, than it can be presented as an answear to all the foam in the press.

If I understand correctly, the message is from the “article” site, the company that built the sussex site (and tig, archewell and sussexroyal). And it is not clear when it was published. I presume after the site went live, otherwise the tabloids would have unearthed it before. If all of this is correct, than it can be presented as an answear to all the foam in the press.

The "Article" website was published in Jan 2023 and last modified in Nov 2023. This can be found by looking at "View page source" via menu option of the web browser you are using.

Since the new Sussex.com only went live a few days ago, I hope people can draw their own conclusions.

https://people.com/meghan-markle-pr...games-countdown-event-adaptive-skiing-8574766

‘Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are having a Valentine's Day to remember in Canada.

On Wednesday, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepped out for the start of the Invictus Games Vancouver Whistler 2025's One Year to Go celebrations. Bundled up in their winter gear for the below-freezing temperatures, the couple held hands as they made their way onto the snowy mountain to speak with athletes in adaptive skis and their guides.

Prince Harry got into an adaptive ski to try a run for himself.’

The "Article" website was published in Jan 2023 and last modified in Nov 2023. This can be found by looking at "View page source" via menu option of the web browser you are using.

Since the new Sussex.com only went live a few days ago, I hope people can draw their own conclusions.

Basically. It seems this has been on their site for a long time now. The Sussexes are not shy about giving a statement. No need to embellish, but clickbait it is.

That's correct, and here is the link to the page.

https://madebyarticle.com/work/

Though criticisms of tabloids in general and the Daily Mail in particular are often exaggerated, criticism is quite justified in this case, since the headline and the claim in the first paragraph that the testimonial was issued "after" the website launch are plainly untrue (as well as making little sense, since no one has criticized the design agency and so it surely does not need defending).

An unnamed Sussex "insider" did comment about the new Sussex website:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...e-lilibet-children-name-royal-title-cnvf7d9jf
https://archive.ph/1l2I9

While some reports have questioned the legitimacy of the Sussexes using the coat of arms on their promotional website, a royal insider said: “It isn’t any sort of problem for the rest of the royal family. It hasn’t even been part of a conversation. Harry is more concerned about the health and wellbeing of the King and Kate and thinks that is where the focus should be.

“There certainly hasn’t been any problem raised about the use of a coat of arms by anyone at the royal household — why would they object when it’s perfectly normal and is pretty routine? Lots of people are familiar with the Duchy of Cornwall products in the shops and there are about 800 companies using the royal warrant coat of arms for commercial reasons.

“Sussex.com is just an umbrella for good causes like [Harry’s organisations] Sentebale, Invictus and Travelyst and separates them out from the non-profit Archewell foundation and Archewell Productions, which is a profit-for-good company.

“There’s no use of the word ‘royal’ on the site for a good reason — to ensure there could be no conflict with anyone’s wishes.”​

Can i just say i appreciate that in the page for Meghan it says "champion of human rights and gender equity" and not the more commonly used 'equality'?
(for those knowing the difference, see this illustration https://interactioninstitute.org/illustrating-equality-vs-equity/ )

For context, in American leftwing politics, "equity" is now more commonly used than "equality". For the sake of not touching on political or semantic controversies, I will leave it at that. (The Duchess does refer to "equality" elsewhere in the biography.)

Back
Top Bottom