The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you are wrong. I'm saying that in a courteous way, by the way.
Websites are the official source of information, like a government press release, and absolutely not obsolete or antiquated any more than a cellphone is to a zoom call.

The socials, I assume we mean Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and the rest of them, are private companies with their own agendas where you are a guest visitor, and anyone can post rants and get away with it.

The royal websites(s) are government owned and the first and final source of the institution(s). In this case the issue is the website management team is terrible at maintaining it. This week we got it exposed as outdated, with information that took three years to correct because there are about 50k pages on it is not an excuse.

That said, it is still the official source of information and needs the team behind its management to get into shape or find a new team to administer the primary pages to keep up with the news and events in real time.

Sure that is exactly what we are seeing where most websites certainly in the UK are long out-of-date.

And Harry and Meghan themselves not removing sussex royal.
It isn't me...I mean I wouldn't read it anyway...but they obviously put no work into it.

People google
People check Wikipedia
People look up socials.

Yes I google (most often).
yes I check Wikipedia (often)
Socials (rarely, and then only FB)
Websites, yes often.

Might be because of an age difference as to which one/s are preferred.

And even though I go to websites a lot, i've never been to Harry and Meghan's although I do look at the Royal Family one occasionally. And yes it could well do with being kept updated, it's quite a tedious job but not a huge task.

Harry looks happy in Japan.

Thank you for linking this article!

What was new to me: So, the Sussexes did not pay any money for the rights of this novel, they want to make a movie of! It was Netflix, which came up with the money!

This sounds very much, like the Netflix deal with the Sussexes went sour and the streaming service wants now to squeeze out, whatever they can get - out of the Sussexes.

And who thinks, the Sussexes will produce the movie? They have obviously no idea, how to do that! The Sussexes give just their name to it.

Sussexploitation...

Where would they get money to buy those. Apparently rhey cost 3 million. Don't know how they will maintain the lifestyle they have.

To me it now in the current over saturation of series on TV and streaming you need some serious talent. Ala Sharon Horgan or the Shondaland juggernaut etc. It is a rough business.

Thank you for linking this article!

What was new to me: So, the Sussexes did not pay any money for the rights of this novel, they want to make a movie of! It was Netflix, which came up with the money!

This sounds very much, like the Netflix deal with the Sussexes went sour and the streaming service wants now to squeeze out, whatever they can get - out of the Sussexes.

And who thinks, the Sussexes will produce the movie? They have obviously no idea, how to do that! The Sussexes give just their name to it.

Sussexploitation...

I am not sure that it is unusual for Netflix to pay for the movie rights because I don't think that Netflix gave the Sussexes $100 million upfront. I believe the deal involves Harry and Meghan pitching ideas to Netflix and if Netflix agrees, Netflix funds the project and pays a certain amount to the Sussexes.

A lot of actors are also producers, so Meghan may have the expertise to do it. I am not a fan, but Meghan is very intelligent. However, I doubt that many people will watch a program because of the identity of the producers. However, Harry and Meghan have enough cache to attract high quality directors, writers, and actors. Good quality alone doesn't guarantee success, but producing a respected movie will give them credibility going forward.

Personally, I think the best way to attract viewers would be for Meghan to star in it. I think a lot of people would tune in to see her.

I’m not getting the winter vibe from this outfit. Last week she was photographed in a strapless dress for a night out in the same town.

Doesn’t make any sense to me. JMHO

It would probably make more sense to you if you spent significant time near the coast in California. It can run very very cold in the morning and at night. Ask some locals. Really not all that surprising to see jackets on people at times.

It would probably make more sense to you if you spent significant time near the coast in California. It can run very very cold in the morning and at night. Ask some locals. Really not all that surprising to see jackets on people at times.

How cold? I mean everything is relative but even in the current summer that is being had in the UK you wouldn't see people dressed like that. Having said that people are in black coats and scarves in Italy in May. So it is relative.

It depends. I was in San Diego in July and literally saw people in scarfs and jackets at night because the temp will dramatically drop once the sun set. It would still be quite cold in the morning until around 11am or so. It took be me surprise. I had to go buy a heavier jacket.

Also people's bodies run hot and cold. Maybe she gets cold easily. Who knows but it is kind of weird that people are out here questioning the temperature because they see her in a jacket. Why does it matter? Lol

sustav, you aren't the only one, lots of people caught that too. A wool full length coat, no less.

Oh, and for more laughs, Meghan is wearing some kind of "stress buster" patch right near her wrist. It hasn't gone unnoticed that the sleeve on that side was rolled up, so that the patch could clearly be seen. Unlike the other sleeve on the coat, that was down.

It depends. I was in San Diego in July and literally saw people in scarfs and jackets at night because the temp will dramatically drop once the sun set. It would still be quite cold in the morning until around 11am or so. It took be me surprise. I had to go buy a heavier jacket.

Also people's bodies run hot and cold. Maybe she gets cold easily. Who knows but it is kind of weird that people are out here questioning the temperature because they see her in a jacket. Why does it matter? Lol

It doesn't but its interesting. And 25 degrees at 8pm at the moment so a bit odd yes.

sustav, you aren't the only one, lots of people caught that too. A wool full length coat, no less.

Oh, and for more laughs, Meghan is wearing some kind of "stress buster" patch right near her wrist. It hasn't gone unnoticed that the sleeve on that side was rolled up, so that the patch could clearly be seen. Unlike the other sleeve on the coat, that was down.

That's just her playbook. Didn't she have her dog in a union jack when she was dating Harry and wanted to get pictured. Whatever.

And the company that sells those patches published her photo. Curiouser and curiouser!

She probably needed to wear a stress buster patch knowing the amount of articles that were going to be written about her just because she wore a camel colored coat (was it even lined) and a scarf.

She probably needed to wear a stress buster patch knowing the amount of articles that were going to be written about her just because she wore a camel colored coat (was it even lined) and a scarf.

It was the "Meghan Markle seen walking down stairs in Santa Barbara - watch full video" that got me. Why do the media think anyone needs to watch a video of someone walking down some stairs?!

I’m a 4th generation Californian who has lived all over the state. It can, indeed, be chilly near the coast in the summer, but not camel wool coat and wool scarf chilly! And not this week! I dare say had the camera panned Meghan’s environs, no one else would have been bundled up like that!

A stress buster patch?!?

That's the first time I've ever heard about that.
Is that equivalent to a nicotine patch? Just with some sort of calming effect?

It was the "Meghan Markle seen walking down stairs in Santa Barbara - watch full video" that got me. Why do the media think anyone needs to watch a video of someone walking down some stairs?!

I think it has been a slow month for British royal news. They are enjoying their summer vacation and the royal reporters need something to talk about:)

Thanks. :flowers:

Learned something new today.

It took a while though before I figured out how it actually works. I can spot a few medium sized flaws however.

I'm not surprised as such if Meghan gets herself involved in promoting stress and relief aids as such, because these are huge issues!
But this?!?

I can download - for free - whale songs, new age music or just ordinary classical music that will have pretty much the same effect. (Works on cows BTW.)
This IMO is merely a variant of counting sheep, mindfullness, sleeping under a cardboard pyramid or counting backwards from ten again and again.

Well, at least it doesn't hurt anyone (except their bank account) - in contrast to what a certain shaman is advocating.

Thanks. :flowers:

Learned something new today.

It took a while though before I figured out how it actually works. I can spot a few medium sized flaws however.

I'm not surprised as such if Meghan gets herself involved in promoting stress and relief aids as such, because these are huge issues!

But this?!?

I can download - for free - whale songs, new age music or just ordinary classical music that will have pretty much the same effect. (Works on cows BTW.)

This IMO is merely a variant of counting sheep, mindfullness, sleeping under a cardboard pyramid or counting backwards from ten again and again.

Well, at least it doesn't hurt anyone (except their bank account) - in contrast to what a certain shaman is advocating.

This system is promoted by Tony Robbins, who has always seemed to me to be an obvious charlatan and I share your skepticism of it having any effect at all.

Some dentists do offer this, so the charitable interpretation is that Meghan was given this by the dentist and had no idea she would be photographed.

My less charitable interpretation is that this is more likely than not a paid promotion opportunity staged to look like a paparazzi shot, which is a common Hollywood tactic.

Because Meghan wants us to look. Having said that I am finding it all a bit sad, her life is now either arranging for it to be filmed or tipping off the press to see her walk down steps wearing a patch and what some suggest are autumn clothes.
The attention to detail that her cuff is turned up to show the patch.

Last edited:
Defo a deal being done, she even rolled just the sleeve on that arm up so it would be pictured and they have allowed the picture on their social media. I do wonder if one day all this working with, yet complaining about, the media will catch them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom