The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes think she does it very much on purpose, to dress in regular clothing and recycles clothing often...in order to keep the press from focusing on her as they did Diana.

LaRae

I sometimes think she does it very much on purpose, to dress in regular clothing and recycles clothing often...in order to keep the press from focusing on her.

LaRae

Spot on :flowers:. It's one of the things that I really like about Catherine; she wants the focus to be on what's going on, and not on her. She does this for her public engagements as well, and I, personally praise her for it. It doesn't mean that the press will recognize her efforts (they'll criticize her for it actually), but the gesture in and of itself says a great deal about the Duchess; she wants to raise awareness of the causes she's supporting, and not her wardrobe, its' designer, price or quality.

I sometimes think she does it very much on purpose, to dress in regular clothing and recycles clothing often...in order to keep the press from focusing on her as they did Diana.
LaRae
ITA Diana made it a point to wear recycles to weddings just for that reason.kate seems to have learned a thing or two.
Must add that I love her in the ponytail.

The outfit is ordinary IMO and yes she maybe dressing lowkey and I guess that this a good thing recycling and so on I as have said cannot stand Stella McCartney so the dress doesn't thrill me the blazer is a navy blazer that's it mine's as nice IMO

I didn´t say she should wear more formal or draw attention to her.The press focuses on her clothes even now. I like her look every time,I´m just surprised she uses the same clothes every day. Even I don´t wear the same clothes every day. A jeans would be nice

Exactly, I don't think she picks her Olympic wardrobe in order to entertain fashionistas. It should be practical and low key. As nice as it is for the Cambridges and other family members to turn out to support and cheer Team GB, the Games are about the athletes and not about them and they know it.

I agree. I think there is a very good possibility that she may not be happy about all the attention that the media diverted from the Team GB and ParalympicsGB athlete portraits in July simply because she was wearing a Stella McCartney dress and a Cartier necklace.

Kate looks good when her hair is in a ponytail. I like her sporty outfits and I like her red jacket matched with the polka dot top.

Kate looks good when her hair is in a ponytail. I like her sporty outfits and I like her red jacket matched with the polka dot top.

I think she looks so young and beautiful in the sporty outfits with the pony tail. I think that's probably who she really is and how she's the most comfortable.

I think she looks so young and beautiful in the sporty outfits with the pony tail. I think that's probably who she really is and how she's the most comfortable.

Yep, being casual seems to be most natural to her.

LaRae

HRHHermione said:

She looks most at ease in that type of attire, which is understandable, and when one is comfortable, it shows. Her hair looks great in a pony-tail. She looks young and carefree.

great to see her wearing a nice bright colour in the red Zara jacket at the swimming finals tonight. nice combination with the polka dot top - she is working the right casual smart sporty down to earth image for the olympics and it really suits her personality and look

I think it is the Stella dress. I like it with the blazer, it looks elegant. Love the jewel tones on her. :)

The sunglasses worn in 2007 are Chanel! The logo is pictured quite clearly. They are definitely not the same ones.

Yes The sunglasses she wore in 2007 are chanel , and Today is Givenchy Brand :flowers:

I think it is the Stella dress. I like it with the blazer, it looks elegant. Love the jewel tones on her. :)

Yes indeed it is the Stella dress. It looks much nicer with the jacket over it.

:previous:
Kate's outfit with red blazer and polka dot blouse from yesterday:
- The outfit
- Close up

I really like these casual outfits, though I prefer it when Kate has her hair in a ponytail - it really suits her.

As liv pointed out, Kate was wearing a red Zara Blazer with Gathered Shoulders, Zara black skinny jeans, and a polka dot blouse.
(Darn, if I start writing the prices as well, I might as well apply for work at DM).

Last edited:
You'd never get a job at the DM, Artemisia. You don't make anywhere near enough spelling mistakes. You also have the tendency to correctly identify the people you're writing about - not something that the DM look for apparently.

- The outfit
- Close up

I really like these casual outfits, though I prefer it when Kate has her hair in a ponytail - it really suits her.

As liv pointed out, Kate was wearing a red Zara Blazer with Gathered Shoulders, Zara black skinny jeans, and a polka dot blouse.
(Darn, if I start writing the prices as well, I might as well apply for work at DM).

Kate Looks Pretty , The outfit casual and Very Nice & suits her well :flowers: thank’s for posting

I really like the Zara blazer, and I think it looks equally good on the Australian interviewer (sorry, don't know her name) as it does on Kate.

I really like the Zara blazer, and I think it looks equally good on the Australian interviewer (sorry, don't know her name) as it does on Kate.
The interviewer's name is Leila Mckinnon. She's pregnant; her first child is due in October.
I agree, it's a really nice blazer and I definitely wouldn't mind wearing it myself.

Regarding working at DM - I can always "improve" EIIR. ;)

Last edited:
i just love kates style so i alway think she look the best never meant to nasty toward the interviewer she dose look nice aswell

- The outfit
- Close up

I really love casually-dressed Kate. She looks very relaxed and at ease, as well as elegant. That blazer really makes the whole look for me, if I were to be honest. It gives it a touch of sophistication. Wonder if US branches of ZARA carry it, because I'd love to add it to my wardrobe.

That VF compilation of all the colours Kate has worn rather puts paid to the myth, repeated ad nauseum on this forum, that Kate only wears boring colours.

Glancing through the many outfits, I'm thinking oh for the occasional trouser suit - she would look fantastic.

Elly C said:
Glancing through the many outfits, I'm thinking oh for the occasional trouser suit - she would look fantastic.

In complete agreement. She does wear fitted trousers quite well, and would look sensational in a tailored trouser suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom