The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Action on Addiction

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an amazing dress, but she just needs a diamond necklace or saphire necklace or some other necklaces, the dress just screams for a necklace!

That's an amazing dress, but she just needs a diamond necklace or saphire necklace or some other necklaces, the dress just screams for a necklace!

Kate does seem to be minimalistic when it comes to wearing jewelry and perhaps that is just her choice. She does have some beautiful pieces though.

Sometime I wonder if perhaps that sometimes when she is attending a function such as the Hedge Funds one she just did, she consciously chooses to leave the bling behind. Most of the other women in that room most likely do not have the means of owning such pieces and Kate feels that wearing something totally glittering and dripping "posh" would serve to create a status line between the other attendees and herself.

I'm sure there will be plenty enough occasions in the future such as state dinners where she can glimmer, sparkle and dazzle in an atmosphere were it is to be expected.

Just some random thoughts.

Kate does seem to be minimalistic when it comes to wearing jewelry and perhaps that is just her choice. She does have some beautiful pieces though.

Sometime I wonder if perhaps that sometimes when she is attending a function such as the Hedge Funds one she just did, she consciously chooses to leave the bling behind. Most of the other women in that room most likely do not have the means of owning such pieces and Kate feels that wearing something totally glittering and dripping "posh" would serve to create a status line between the other attendees and herself.

I'm sure there will be plenty enough occasions in the future such as state dinners where she can glimmer, sparkle and dazzle in an atmosphere were it is to be expected.

Just some random thoughts.
You know I never thought of that, but I bet you are right.

I hate when people say the father is babysitting his own child. When it's your own child, it isn't babysitting!

You know I never thought of that, but I bet you are right.

Somehow I doubt the patrons of an event that costs thousands to attend lack the means to buy jewelry. The whole crowd tonight is probably pretty posh.

Last edited by a moderator:
My worry is that if she doesn't get into the habit of wearing 'serious jewels' soonish.. she NEVER will.. and the spectacular jewelry heritage of the British Royal Family will remain unworn in the vaults...

I pay my taxes, and i expect the Royal women to wear 'what comes with the job' !

Catherine looks terrific but I, too, think the look calls for a necklace. I don't think a necklace would require her to wear her hair up, although it would probably look better with that dress. She is so beautiful she can get away with it though.

Last edited:
Catherine looks fabulous. This woman is beautiful inside and out.

I have to agree, Catherine is looking quite beautiful indeed and seems to be back to her normal self. She seems even more comfortable in her staion in life now than ever before. She has become a " princess " in every sense of the word. I am quite impressed at how far she has come. Its quite wonderful to see. :)

Does anyone know what ring is on her right hand?? No neckless but we have a ring!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what ring is on her right hand?? No neckless but we have a ring!!

The ring seems to be of the same design from the bracelet and earrings.

I have to agree, Catherine is looking quite beautiful indeed and seems to be back to her normal self. She seems even more comfortable in her staion in life now than ever before. She has become a " princess " in every sense of the word. I am quite impressed at how far she has come. Its quite wonderful to see. :)

So well put! I'm in agreement.

Im sorry LadyCatharine, did we say something that was being repeated too many times?

Oh no absolutely not
Some one posted that The Duchess is feeling much relaxed in her solo roles
She has the confidence,therefore it's the repetition of being a public speaker

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend a gala function fot Action on Addiction tomorrow evening.

I wonder if her engagements will be announced the day before until she feels a 100% ?

Thank you to all who have shared the updates on Kate. Hope that she is feeling well enough for tonight's engagement. I do wonder though if she's going to give a brief address and leave before the dinner begins or will she stay for the meal?

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend a gala function fot Action on Addiction tomorrow evening.

I wonder if her engagements will be announced the day before until she feels a 100% ?

Yay! I would imagine so.
Do other people still get as excited as I do to see what the Duchess will wear when she goes out for the evening?

Yay! I would imagine so.
Do other people still get as excited as I do to see what the Duchess will wear when she goes out for the evening?

Oh yes, I always look forward to seeing her and love to see what she is wearing, I researched on of her coats because it was so darn beautiful, a red one she wore in Scotland, couldn't find it. She always looks like a lady something missing in the younger girls of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom