The Crown Princess Couple's 10th Wedding Anniversary: 19th June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
The court has a special website for the wedding anniversary
Kronprinsessparets 10-åriga bröllopsdag - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos from the wedding, some unseen
Kronprinsessparets bröllop - Sveriges Kungahus

The Crown Princess Couple under 10 years
The Royal Couple and Crown Princess Couple are Sweden's leading representatives in the country and vis-à-vis other states. Since the marriage, the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel have carried out a large number of official program points and commitments.
Kronprinsessparet under 10 år - Sveriges Kungahus

Your experience of June 19, 2010
It is ten years since the Crown Princess couple got married in the Stockholm Cathedral. Did you follow the Crown Princess couple's wedding on TV? Were you on site along the cortege way or maybe participated in the singer tribute at Lejonbacken?
Tell us about your own experiences from the celebration and share your memories of the wedding celebrations via the form below. Some selected images and stories are published in the Royal House's digital channels in connection with the Crown Princess couple's 10-year wedding anniversary.
Din upplevelse av 19 juni 2010 - Sveriges Kungahus

New portrait photographs
Ahead of the Crown Princess Couple's 10-year wedding anniversary, photographer Elisabeth Toll has photographed the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel for new official portraits. The shooting took place in Gustav III's pavilion at Haga.
Gustav III's pavilion at Haga is one of Sweden's foremost test of the Late-Gustavian style.
Architect Olof Tempelman drew the pavilion in 1787 and the pavilion was decorated by Louis Masreliéz in a spirit of Pompey. Masreliéz had studied in Italy for several years and was well acquainted with Roman antiquity. The halls in Gustav III's home at Haga show the exceptionally high quality that distinguished Gustavian interior art. The various rooms are not only very well preserved, but much of the original furniture of the pavilion still has its place in the pavilion. Even in an international perspective, Gustav III's pavilion at Haga belongs to one of the foremost examples of European neoclassicism.
At the beginning of the 19th century, a Queen's Pavilion was built a stone's throw from the pavilion, today better known as Haga Palace, the residence of the Crown Princess couple.
The gala portraits are taken in the Mirror Salon. The photographs in civilian attire are taken in the pavilion's dining room.
Nytagna porträttfotografier - Sveriges Kungahus
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...(1)_Foto_Elisabeth_Toll_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...(3)_Foto_Elisabeth_Toll_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...(2)_Foto_Elisabeth_Toll_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...(2)_Foto_Elisabeth_Toll_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...(1)_Foto_Elisabeth_Toll_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20... bw_Foto_Elisabeth_Toll_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg

On Friday, June 19, the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will celebrate their 10-year wedding anniversary.
Before the wedding day, new official portraits were taken by the Crown Princess couple.
A website that tells about the Crown Princess couple's official activities during the last ten years is also launched today. On the website there is the opportunity to relive the wedding day in picture and text.
Take a look at the new photographs and read more about the Crown Princess couple.
Nya officiella porträtt inför Kronprinsessparets 10-åriga bröllopsdag - Sveriges Kungahus

This website is very well done. I especially like that so much is told about Victoria and Daniel's work, their first visits - and it is lovely that the first official visit to Ockelbo is highlighted - and what is now important for them, their foundations, Prince Daniel's Fellowship and Agenda 2030 for Victoria.
I'm already waiting for the photos sent by the people the court will publish at their social media. It would also be great if the court would publish highlights of Victoria and Daniel's wedding at their Youtube channel, now there are only the speeches of Daniel and the king.

This is my favourite of the photos, Victoria looks like she could be the Queen tomorrow. Regal, strong, determined woman, who is always ready to work for Sweden.
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20... bw_Foto_Elisabeth_Toll_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The court has a special website for the wedding anniversary
Kronprinsessparets 10-åriga bröllopsdag - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos from the wedding, some unseen
Kronprinsessparets bröllop - Sveriges Kungahus

The Crown Princess Couple under 10 years
The Royal Couple and Crown Princess Couple are Sweden's leading representatives in the country and vis-à-vis other states. Since the marriage, the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel have carried out a large number of official program points and commitments.
Kronprinsessparet under 10 år - Sveriges Kungahus

Your experience of June 19, 2010
It is ten years since the Crown Princess couple got married in the Stockholm Cathedral. Did you follow the Crown Princess couple's wedding on TV? Were you on site along the cortege way or maybe participated in the singer tribute at Lejonbacken?
Tell us about your own experiences from the celebration and share your memories of the wedding celebrations via the form below. Some selected images and stories are published in the Royal House's digital channels in connection with the Crown Princess couple's 10-year wedding anniversary.
Din upplevelse av 19 juni 2010 - Sveriges Kungahus

New portrait photographs
Ahead of the Crown Princess Couple's 10-year wedding anniversary, photographer Elisabeth Toll has photographed the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel for new official portraits. The shooting took place in Gustav III's pavilion at Haga.
Gustav III's pavilion at Haga is one of Sweden's foremost test of the Late-Gustavian style.
Architect Olof Tempelman drew the pavilion in 1787 and the pavilion was decorated by Louis Masreliéz in a spirit of Pompey. Masreliéz had studied in Italy for several years and was well acquainted with Roman antiquity. The halls in Gustav III's home at Haga show the exceptionally high quality that distinguished Gustavian interior art. The various rooms are not only very well preserved, but much of the original furniture of the pavilion still has its place in the pavilion. Even in an international perspective, Gustav III's pavilion at Haga belongs to one of the foremost examples of European neoclassicism.
At the beginning of the 19th century, a Queen's Pavilion was built a stone's throw from the pavilion, today better known as Haga Palace, the residence of the Crown Princess couple.
The gala portraits are taken in the Mirror Salon. The photographs in civilian attire are taken in the pavilion's dining room.
Nytagna porträttfotografier - Sveriges Kungahus
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...(3)_Foto_Elisabeth_Toll_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg

On Friday, June 19, the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will celebrate their 10-year wedding anniversary.
Before the wedding day, new official portraits were taken by the Crown Princess couple.
A website that tells about the Crown Princess couple's official activities during the last ten years is also launched today. On the website there is the opportunity to relive the wedding day in picture and text.
Take a look at the new photographs and read more about the Crown Princess couple.
Nya officiella porträtt inför Kronprinsessparets 10-åriga bröllopsdag - Sveriges Kungahus

Lovely. My only comment is that I wish the pictures were slightly closer up so that the couple or Victoria on her own can be seen better.

the pictures are really stunning! loving that she chose to pose with her (absolutely lovely) pre-wedding gown.

This website is very well done. I especially like that so much is told about Victoria and Daniel's work, their first visits - and it is lovely that the first official visit to Ockelbo is highlighted - and what is now important for them, their foundations, Prince Daniel's Fellowship and Agenda 2030 for Victoria.
I'm already waiting for the photos sent by the people the court will publish at their social media. It would also be great if the court would publish highlights of Victoria and Daniel's wedding at their Youtube channel, now there are only the speeches of Daniel and the king.

This is my favourite of the photos, Victoria looks like she could be the Queen tomorrow. Regal, strong, determined woman, who is always ready to work for Sweden.

I have to agree with you, this is a fantastic picture of Victoria.

There will be no major official celebration of the 10-year wedding anniversary.
- Since June 19 coincides with midsummer evening, it will be a special midsummer evening - but completely private, says Margareta Thorgren.
During the spring, the royal princess couple's royal calendar has looked different because of the corona epidemic. Many program points and meetings have been cleared or held digitally.
According to the court, Victoria and Daniel have the ongoing pandemic in mind when planning their anniversary celebration.
- Given that many weddings are canceled, and other celebrations such as the student, the Crown Princess couple has chosen to keep a low profile regarding their 10-year wedding anniversary, says Margareta Thorgren.
Så blir Victoria och Daniels bröllopsdag_ ”Mer privat”

Victoria and Daniel's beautiful love ceremony at Haga
Such an amazing love journey.
Now Victoria and Daniel are celebrating their marriage.
Due to their tin wedding, they pose nicely on new pictures.
In connection with the holiday, the court shows newly taken pictures the Crown Princess at Victoria, 42, and Prince Daniel, 46, who are taken in Gustav III's pavilion and outside Haga Palace.
Nobody will ever forget the big-scale wedding ten years ago. On June 19, 2010, the wedding ceremony began at 15.30 between the Crown Princess and her beloved Daniel.
It was a fabulous event in glorious sunshine. Press coverage was huge, there were 1960 accredited journalists, of whom 756 were from abroad.
The wedding was followed by millions of people through SVT's live broadcast and on the streets of Stockholm hundreds of thousands of people flocked to see a glimpse of the couple.
It became as romantic as a finely tuned ceremony where our beloved crown princess said yes to her dream prince.
Later, during dinner in the evening, Prince Daniel gave his historic and beautiful speech to his wife and our future queen. The words we will never forget:
"The greatest of all is love", he said, continuing:
- I love you so!
The wedding day which coincides with Midsummer Eve this year will be celebrated in their beloved Solliden.
A joyful news is that the royal couple will also be able to attend and of course it will be a wedding day dinner where the king raises a bowl for his daughter and her beloved husband.
Victoria och Daniels härliga kärleksceremoni på Haga - Allt om kungligt

On Midsummer Eve, it's been 10 years since Crown Princess Victoria said "yes" to Daniel from Ockelbo in the Stockholm Cathedral.
It would, normally, have been reason enough to celebrate a lot. But the corona pandemic has stopped that. Instead, it will be a private, lesser celebration, the court has announced.
On Monday, however, a surprise was released for nostalgics. An entire anniversary site has been posted on the royal house's website with pictures of the couple over the years. There are, among other things, pictures of the cortege from the church after the wedding, but also completely new pictures of the crown princess couple.
Nya bilderna på Victoria och Daniel inför 10-årsdagen

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is exquisite in 3 ballgowns for 10th wedding anniversary _ HELLO!

Princess Victoria poses for portraits with*Prince Daniel on their 10th wedding anniversary _ Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Almost ten years. Amazing. These two have long been my favorite couple :flowers:

Victoria is the first non British royal I ever followed. I used to read People magazine and I remember in high school an article about her and her eating disorder. I was intrigued but also interested as she was the future queen over her brother which made me happy. I have loved seeing her ever since and her amazing love story with Daniel and their children now, is incredible.

Daniel's speech to Victoria at their wedding ?

Hopefully they can have a wonderful celebration even with this, at Solliden.

Almost ten years. Amazing. These two have long been my favorite couple :flowers:

Victoria is the first non British royal I ever followed. I used to read People magazine and I remember in high school an article about her and her eating disorder. I was intrigued but also interested as she was the future queen over her brother which made me happy. I have loved seeing her ever since and her amazing love story with Daniel and their children now, is incredible.

Daniel's speech to Victoria at their wedding ?

Hopefully they can have a wonderful celebration even with this, at Solliden.

They are definitely my favourite royal couple. I still watch their wedding ceremony because it was so heartfelt. The love have for each other has definitely grown. I too loved Daniel's speech, but Daniel's father was the highlight ?

I have some small similarities to Victoria and Daniel: I got engaged in 2009, my wedding was exactly a week after theirs (10 years next week!) and I had my first child 2 months after Victoria gave birth to Estelle. I was very fortunate not having to wait almost a decade to marry my beautiful husband.

Kungliga Magasinet's special magazine:
Victoria & Daniel celebrate 10 years as married.
We have collected all the fantastic pictures and unforgettable moments in a special magazine in store April 23.
On the summer of June 19, 2010, Sweden's royal house changed forever. Crown Princess Victoria married Daniel Westling and Sweden got a new prince.
In this lovely magazine we get to know how the couple met, their lives together with children Estelle and Oscar, and the special feeling of working with the man you love.
Royal expert Karin Lennmor was there on that magical day when it was a party to celebrate on all the streets of Stockholm and let us relive the fantastic wedding here.
Enjoy wonderful pictures and moments when our crown princess got her prince of the people.

But why the photo series was published on June 15, with four days left for the actual wedding day?
- The pictures were published at the same time as we released a website with flashbacks from the wedding and the Crown Princess couple's ten years as a married, says the court's information officer Johan Tegel.
Victoria och Daniel 10-årig bröllopsdag_ nya kärleksbilder _ Svensk Dam

SVT1 shows highlights of the wedding tomorrow 18th June at 20.00. And it will be also shown at SVT Play (it will be published there at 02.00 tomorrow)
"In June 2010, Crown Princess Victoria married Daniel Westling at the Stockholm Cathedral. In connection with the 10-year wedding anniversary, the highlights from SVT's broadcast of the wedding, from the church, the cortege and the wedding party are shown."
Det kungliga bröllopet _ SVT Play

Last edited:
I can't believe it's been almost a decade since Victoria and Daniel got married - time flies! ?

I agree! Time flies ;) I was 19 years old at the time, and I still remember it as if it were yesterday! What a memorable day!

The happiness of the newly weds as well as the joy of everyone around them was clear to see !

Sweden's Television SVT published at 02.00 last night in honor of the 10th wedding anniversary a program of the highlights of the wedding at SVT Play. The program can be seen until 15th December at SVT Play.
It will be shown at SVT1 at 20.00 tonight and three times after that.
"In June 2010, Crown Princess Victoria married Daniel Westling at the Stockholm Cathedral. In connection with the 10-year wedding anniversary, the highlights from SVT's broadcast of the wedding, from the church, the cortege and the wedding party are shown."
Det kungliga bröllopet - Det kungliga bröllopet - sammandrag _ SVT Play

SVT published at SVT Play also a program "The royal wedding - behind the scenes"
"A movie about the preparations in the Cathedral, in Ockelbo and at the Royal Palace the days before the royal wedding. There will be unique pictures from the Hall of State where the Surveyor to the Royal Household Jochen Fritz leads the work and star chef Stefano Catenacci prepares the wedding menu. The program also shows the work behind the scenes at SVT, which on June 19 performed its largest live broadcast of all time. Some of the artists who paid tribute to the bride and groom this summer include Carola, Peter Jöback, Agnes and Björn Skifs.
Det kungliga bröllopet - Det kungliga bröllopet - bakom kulisserna _ SVT Play

I hoped in my previous post that he court would put highlights of the wedding to its Youtube Channel, because there wasn't any. Now the court has put SVT's program shown today to Youtube.
Thank you, at SVT's website it is only 6 months but at court Youtube always.

Court Facebook
Do you want to share a special memory and photograph from the Crown Princess couple's wedding day on June 19, 2010? Were you one of the hundreds of thousands of people who ventured out onto the streets of Stockholm? Or did you follow the festivities via television or in some other way?
Upload photos and tell your story here at court website
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...2207520000../3173396489385908/?type=3&theater

Aftonbladet's royal reporter Jenny Alexandersson at her Instagram
"Don't miss the nice Aftonbladet extra newspaper that notes that tomorrow is 10 years since Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel got married. I have written the texts and Mina Råman has done the fine form ❤️ It is an extra newspaper in today's Aftonbladet. Perfect reading when you want to take a break in midsummer preparations"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBkPckOH16E/?igshid=1jnl12bdt6zr8

Historical fashion moment: 10 years since the Crown Princess wedding
10 år sen_ kronprinsessan Victoria och prins Daniels bröllop

On June 19, 2010, Victoria and Daniel said yes to each other and the man of the people became prince - tears of joy characterized the fairytale wedding, which was also a folk party.
Now the Crown Princess couple is celebrating their 10-year wedding anniversary and we are looking back at the highlights from that special day.
The royal wedding was broadcast live in SVT and was, according to them, the largest event ever watched in Stockholm.
Karin Lennmor, royal expert and former editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, remembers the atmosphere full of feeling.
- There were half a million people out on the streets to get a glimpse of Victoria and Daniel, a lot of them were dressed so fine, she says.
Not one eye was dry during the solemn wedding ceremony.
- Daniel was about to cry when the King came in with Victoria in the Cathedral, it was very emotional, says Karin Lennmor.
After Daniel and Victoria exchanged wedding rings, the tears of joy ran down Daniel's cheek.
On a sunny balcony at Lejonbacken, Daniel and Victoria received the crowds cheering.
- She thanked the Swedish people for giving her "my prince", it was very fun. Everyone got so happy, says Karin Lennmor.
During the wedding party, several memorable speeches were held, including the bride and groom's fathers - King Carl Gustaf and Olle Westling. But the number that swept the course with everyone was Daniel's own, personal speech to Victoria. It was met by standing ovations from the party members and was praised by rhetoric experts:
“Beloved Victoria. I am so proud of what we have together. I am so happy to be now your husband. I will do everything I ever can to keep you as happy as you are today. Victoria, the greatest of all is love. I love you so."
Höjdpunkterna från kronprinsessparets bröllopsdag

This photo has also been taken by photographer Elisabeth Toll, on 4th June. Gustav III's Pavilion on the background. Great to see those people walking there on the path - that they are not been photoshopped away.
HQ version at court press room.

Nya bilden på Victoria och Daniel_ _Spektakulär!_ _ Svensk Dam

The court publishes people's photos and stories about the wedding day at their website:
One of them
"Early in the morning I was out with my camping chair on the first parquet by the cortege way near Kungsträdgården. It was a long wait and was rewarded with a royal wave from the bridal couple who passed by in the fine carriage. The atmosphere was absolutely delightful, and I - along with lots of others - wandered on to see even a glimpse of the couple as they came to the Palace and greeted the people. And we got that. A day to remember, really. The day after the wedding, there were super-long queues for the wedding church. Everyone wanted to see and experience the place where it happened. Thanks for that I was able to be with! And congratulations on the wedding day to the Crown Princess couple!"
Minnen från den 19 juni 2010 - Sveriges Kungahus

wow this dresses are to dream for ! she looks stunning !

Today’s photo is by far my favourite, whilst the others were pretty they were heavily photoshopped and this appears less so. This dress is also a dream.

It's a little pity that there is no photo of the couple with Victoria wearing the white dress. That dress is just fabulous. the most beautiful of these dresses, so simple and elegant, and Victoria with her hair up looks so regal and strong. Clearly everything around Haga and Haga Park and its history is very important for Victoria and Daniel, since these photos have been taken there. What is also positive is that some of the photos are taken outdoors.

The court just published at their Youtube "I morr'n är det bröllopskalas" and the Swedish National Anthem from the pre-wedding concert.
It was pubished also at court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBlgYOSAGyd/

"Royal Roger", royal expert and author Roger Lundgren published at his Instagram a Thank You card he had received from Victoria and Daniel.

Tomorrow is midsummer but also 10-year wedding anniversary for these. Incredible memories from the TV broadcasts and see how nice the Crown Princess wrote to me! Hope everyone gets a nice midsummer and that the crown princess couple gets a lovely wedding day Congratulations
Victoria has written to the card:
"Warm thanks for your and your friends' gift to the Wedding Foundation (now The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation). So thoughtful of you! Thank you for your great support over the years, it warms"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBk_x43pVXl/

The photos are really beautiful gracious even I love them all

fantastic picture! i love how it is taken from higher up and you can see the palace, the river, with the lovely gala dress - the perfect princessy picture!

the dress looks very familiar. i am sure an ID will not take long to come, as it seems a very distinctive style/pattern. i am sure other royals used something similar in the past.

I WANT THAT DRESS!!!! So lovely!

And great picture, one of my favorite pictures of the couple!

fantastic picture! i love how it is taken from higher up and you can see the palace, the river, with the lovely gala dress - the perfect princessy picture!

the dress looks very familiar. i am sure an ID will not take long to come, as it seems a very distinctive style/pattern. i am sure other royals used something similar in the past.

I have confirmed that it is a custom design by Swedish Couture designer Frida Jonsvens.

The picture location is stunning. The location up, looking down at the beautiful scenery is incredible. Perfect spot :flowers:

I am just not a fan of Victoria's look. Too fairy tale for me.

On any other royal couple's tenth wedding anniversary I would agree, however Victoria and Daniel's extra long courtship, engagement and eventual marriage are a triumph of love and patience. A 'romanticised' photo celebrating their ten year anniversary is definitely both appropriate and almost expected.

I love the photo and I love seeing her with her hair down. It's just such a change from her white and black tie dress up dos, although she seems to have been softening things around her face more often.

But her dress is absolutely beautiful, beautifully cut and styled for Victoria. The style flatters her but I would hesitate to call it a "fairytale" look. There is too much glorious colour and sophistication in the gown for that but I will own that while her beloved Daniel by his own words in wasn't quite a frog, he is definitely one hell of a Prince with a capital 'P'.

I was watching SVT's Behind the scenes -program of the wedding, and seeing Victoria with Daniel's mother and sister at the general rehearsal still warms my heart.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Congratulations to the couple:
Historiska löpsedel
"June 19, 2010. Today we say congratulations to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel who are celebrating their 10-year wedding anniversary. ❤️ Here we see Aftonbladet's poster from their extra issue, which was printed just an hour after the wedding this day 10 years ago. Everyone who was in Stockholm that day remembers the magical atmosphere of the city."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmlVOKpyy0/

Kungliga Magasinet
"Hooray for love! Today, June 19, the Crown Princess couple celebrates ten years as a married. ❤️"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmlVOKpyy0/

Svensk Damtidning
"Today Victoria and Daniel celebrate 10 years as a married, tin wedding! Many congratulations! Do you pay attention to the crown princess couple's big day?"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmqobkIGPM/

Fashion designer Frida Jonsvens
"Ahead of the Crown Princess Couple's 10-year wedding anniversary, photographer Elisabeth Toll has photographed H.R.H Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel for new official portraits. Absolutely dreamlike and unique images. I was honored to create this flower creation for our fantastic Crown Princess for this occasion. And it has really been such an indescribable honor and so special to me. Thank you very much for being given the opportunity Tina Törnqvist I also want to take the opportunity to wish the Crown Princess couple my warmest congratulations on the 10-year wedding day which is today, June 19, 2020, "The greatest of all is love""
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmtws6JRgX/

Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, wrote at his column at last week's issue among other things:
"There are royal weddings. Then there is Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. Nothing else is nearby. I was there and will never forget that moment, that magical day in June ten years ago. Is it ten years ago? Feels like yesterday. All of us who know our royal history know how they fought. From day one, it was actually an impossible equation. She, future queen of Sweden, he a simple guy from Ockelbo. But fairy tales usually end happily. So does this one. I had the privilege of sitting inside the Stockholm Cathedral and experiencing the wedding on the spot. What do I remember best? When the Crown Princess came in through the gates of the church in her stunning wedding dress and the big smile all over her face. She had fought and now she was at the goal of her dreams: Get her beloved Daniel. I cried. Everyone inside the Cathedral cried. Victoria and Daniel, congratulations on the wedding day from me and the entire editorial at Svensk Damtidning!"
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050011D15921164572254036
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050021D15921164572254036
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050031D15921164572254036
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050041D15921164572254036
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050051D15921164572254036
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050061D15921164572254036
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050071D15921164572254036
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050081D15921164572254036
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050091D15921164572254036

Herman Lindqvist, author and once Victoria's teacher in history, wrote at his column in Svensk Damtidning last week:
Many people remember the fairytale wedding when Victoria and Daniel were wed in the Stockholm Cathedral. I saw Daniel come in alone to wait for his bride behind a pillar. He was pale, the white tie new and without an order, he smiled nervously. Then came the bride, the wedding ceremony, the beauty, the music, the seriousness and the joy of the moment flushed us all into the church.
The magic moment came now. I went out in advance to meet the bride and groom on the stairs. They stayed for a few minutes in a room at the entrance. There the final ceremony was performed, which transformed Daniel Westling from Ockelbo into something else. Out on the stairs finally came His Royal Highness Daniel, Prince of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland. As a sign of his elevated status, for the first time, the Order of the Seraphim shone at his white tie. It had been an eight-year journey to this moment when Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel were finally married and Daniel was fully incorporated into the royal family. Eight years of hard struggle for both but most for Daniel.
You may be able to imagine Victoria's nervousness when she told her parents about her great love eight years ago. Probably at first they showed moderate delight at their daughter's choice. She will one day become the reigning queen of Sweden, her husband the queen's consort. But since the king himself once chose his beloved outside the royal salons he realized that this was genuine love and it cannot be negotiated. Then came the next shock: The chosen one suffered from a congenital fatal illness. He must get a new kidney if he is to survive. You can understand their doubts. But then they met Daniel and realized that he was a good man, someone whose hand their daughter could hold in all situations. The family accepted Daniel completely. More difficult it was for many court employees, people who sometimes see themselves as finer as the king. The media already had headlines, rumors and speculations about the romance from the summer 2002.
At that time, Daniel was trained to become a queen's consort. He passed the degree with praise approved. Not once did he flip out despite hard pressure from the media. They examined every receipt, read every deduction attempt in declarations, looked for cracks and skeletons in the closets. They found nothing and not once did Daniel's patience burst. Not once did he show the photographers the finger. His psyche was stable.
The wedding bells rang and there they stood at last, the crown princess with her prince. Modern Sweden's most beautiful and romantic true story. Congratulations on the wedding day!
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090011T159255274579672

Paul Hansen, the photographer who took photos to Victoria and Daniel's wedding book, at his Instagram
"Ten years ago, today.
The year 1809 Sweden had just lost Finland to Russia. The finnish territories had been swedish for 700 years and Sweden lost a quarter of it’s area and a third of the population. The Swedish authorities wanted a potent new King with military muscles that could reinstate some selfesteem and sent a young lieutenant on a mission to France to ask Napoleons permission for the selected candidate, a danish aristocrat; Fredrik Kristian of Augustenborg. Instead he took it upon himself to ask two of Napoleon’s generals if they would consider being King of Sweden. They both declined and the lieutenant asked a third General - by the name of Jean Baptiste Bernadotte - who was interested.
When the swedish authorities heard what the young officer had done he was arrested upon homecoming. "Boy, if this was to play out in a justified manner, you would be put in a place where neither sun nor moon shines."
However, Jean Baptiste Bernadotte was elected King August 1810 and became great, great, great grandfather to Crown Princess Victoria - who 200 years later married the love of her life Daniel."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBm8l4XnTZd/

Victoria und Daniel von Schweden_ Zehn Jahre Glück mit dem „Prinzen von Ockelbo“ - Unterhaltung - Stuttgarter Nachrichten

Victoria und Daniel von Schweden_ Eine märchenhafte Liebe _ GALA.de

Gallerie Kronprinzessin-Victoria-heiratet-Daniel-Westling,-10-Jahrestag-am-19-Juni

Last edited:
The court published now unseen photos from the wedding day at its Instagram and Facebook
"The Crown Princess Couple's Wedding Day perpetuated by photographer Mikael Jansson."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBnGQRIANr2/
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=7407041fd467a295281e39bbc23a481e&oe=5F11734E
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1ca3b6ff22eecd658522d96f7e1e6cf0&oe=5F12B27D
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=713730f4645299ae3e3cac585105a347&oe=5F12C5CE
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1ed9605ac614e1d6edb57c82717bc09b&oe=5F13F577

And this portrait
“June 19, 2010 was a special and very happy day in our lives. Among the absolute strongest memories are all the people who chose to celebrate it in different ways with us - out on the streets of Stockholm, in Ockelbo and other parts of the country. We still carry the warmth and good wishes we received that day. Today, we want to take this opportunity to thank you for the support we have experienced during these ten years, and which means a lot to us. ”
Photo: Mikael Jansson
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBnFOYVg9ur/

On Midsummer Eve, Daniel and Victoria celebrate their 10-year wedding anniversary - and it's been twenty years since they met.
June 19, 2010 was an unforgettable day for the crown princess couple filled with strong feelings, tears and love.
People were moved. Expressens Cecilia Hagen wrote:
“What is there to add to everything that has already been said and written about this day and this couple? Not even the most hard-hearted can but melt in front of their obvious love, it seems to be of a kind rarely seen. "
Daniel and Victoria are a close-knit team that often works side by side. Among their joint projects can be mentioned the Crown Princess Couple's foundation, which has since supported 100 projects across the country. In 2016, Generation Pep was launched, which has initiated more than 20 different initiatives.
Victorias ömma gest till Daniel på bröllopet
Translation

Today it has been ten years since the Crown Princess said yes to her Daniel in the Stockholm Cathedral. But the memory of the beautiful day has not faded. Victoria and Daniel's wedding became the biggest love party of the decade.
The Cathedral was full to the brink with royalty, family and friends as Crown Princess Victoria stepped in through the church gates. Weak smile and with a loving hand on his father's arm. Pompous trumpets made guests turn to the bride who beamed.
At the stairs up to the choir, Daniel stood waiting with Prince Carl Philip as companion and support. With a relaxed smile, Victoria kissed Daniel's hand before walking side by side the last bit to the altar.
On June 19, 2010, Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel became husband and wife. It was a historic wedding. It was the first time a Swedish female throne married - in addition to a man of the people.
Daniel entered the church as a Westling. And came out as a prince, duke and knight.
It became a real love party. In the midst of all that pompous Daniel and Victoria managed to create a private sphere. Moments when they only had eyes for each other.
Upstairs, the couple's closest friends from Stockholm, Ockelbo and the world sat. The silence was compact when the couple said yes to each other. Tears were dried and digital cameras were used. They knew so well how long Victoria and Daniel had to wait for this day.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och prins Daniel har tioårig bröllopsdag _ Aftonbladet

After the majestic and magically beautiful images, the Crown Princess couple is turning down the volume: Their private celebrations will have a distinctly low profile.
- The Crown Princess couple celebrates midsummer and their 10th wedding anniversary in private. After all, it is a special year and a midsummer that is bordered by restrictions, and the royal family is being careful to follow them, says Margareta Thorgren and continues:
- But we hope still that it will be a happy midsummer and a nice wedding day for both the royal couple, who also have a wedding day on June 19, and the Crown Princess couple.
Margareta Thorgren has previously confirmed that the royal couple celebrates Midsummer on Öland, and given how important both the family ties and traditions are in the royal family, it is most likely that Victoria and Daniel and their family are also at Solliden, even if Margareta Thorgren doesn't want to comment on it when we ask.
Shared joy is double joy.
In addition, the Crown Princess and the King have barely met in the entire spring, and it would be strange if they didn't celebrate Midsummer together at their beloved Solliden, now that they get the chance.
Maybe even Prince Daniel's parents Ewa and Olle Westling will come to Solliden, in the royal family's summer palace there is plenty of room for that safety distance that is so important for everyone.
However, Margareta Thorgren doesn't want to go into whether the royal couple and Victoria and Daniel celebrate their wedding days together. Her answer to that question is brief:
- It's private!
10 år som gifta – så firar Victoria och Daniel i dag _ Svensk Dam

Sweden's best known event organizer Micael Bindefeld posted yesterday to his Instagram
10 Year Wedding Jubilee! Tomorrow, on June 19th, H.R.H Crown Princess Victoria wed Mr. Daniel Westling, the great love of her life!!
In more ways than one did this wedding prove that love always wins, that these two brilliant and professionals were so well suited for each other and that they would be the ideal couple to carry on the royal traditions but still making the Swedish Royal Family feel more contemporary and more relevant!!
Still today, 10 years later, I hold this as one of the big experiences of my life.
Being able to attend this extraordinary wedding along with my husband @nickeyse !
I assume there won’t be any grand celebrations tomorrow due to the pandemic restrictions but I hope that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel will celebrate love!! We will make a toast for you in our greenhouse during our Midsummer Festivities and we hope that you all share our toast!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBlGOpGHeTG/

Last edited:
Expressen's royal expert Karin Lennmor writes at her chronicle:
The secret behind Daniel's and Victoria's love happiness
10 years married - today, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel celebrate tin wedding. 10 years is a long time and of the approximately 50000 couples who get married in Sweden each year, unfortunately half of the marriage crashes. But we probably don't have to worry about this in the case of the Crown Princess couple, we will surely experience both silver and gold wedding ...
I myself had the pleasure of following and watching their grandiose wedding in Stockholm 10 years ago - the biggest, most important and fun event of my life as a royal journalist. Not just because happiness and love radiated. It was also one of the largest folk festivals Stockholm has ever experienced.
It is difficult to understand that 10 years have passed, Victoria and Daniel still radiate love. It is noticed that they live a happy and rich life and a lot has happened in the family.
What, then, is the secret of Victoria's and Daniel's happiness?
First, I think it's about time, they waited a long time to get married. Victoria and Daniel met as early as 2000: she is a young woman of 23 years, royal also. He is a resident sports guy from Ockelbo. Crown Princess and Gym Trainer - Sounds like a Hollywood movie? They had plenty of time - 10 years - to get to know each other and "get together". Don't forget that it was about a young couple from two completely different cultures and environments. Victoria was already crown princess and one of Sweden's most famous people. Daniel came from little Ockelbo and was a very ordinary Swedish guy.
It took Daniel a while to be accepted, both by Victoria's socialite friends who stealthily called him the "Bonnjäveln" in the beginning. But also by the royal couple who long believed that love was transient. In fact, it took until 2005 before the King changed his perception of his future son-in-law. At that time, Dagens Industri had a great report on the serious and promising entrepreneur. And the king was impressed!
Victoria and Daniel dress and complement each other. Very recently, the big British newspaper Hello noted: "It's hard to see a more close-knit duo".
The secret to a successful marriage is also that the couple gives each other security and trust. And together they have created a small ideal family with their children Estelle and Oscar.
Already many years ago, the king revealed how valuable it was to work with his wife. Being able to talk together about what happened during the working day. The same is true for Victoria and Daniel. It really shows in their eyes and in their body language how they appreciate each other's presence in everything from meetings to long journeys. Several times Victoria has paid tribute to her husband in various speeches.
Just traveling together is one of the highlights, in recent years they have been in Italy, Lithuania and Vietnam. Just the Vietnam trip in 2019 became a real highlight and it was felt how the love spoke between the couple. In addition to seeing them do Chinese morning gymnastics, they also went away on some of the evenings. Hand in hand, in plain jeans, the Crown Princess couple visited exciting Vietnamese markets. Maybe they did buy something to the kids? They slip and ate, completely incognito. Such experiences unite all couples.
Both Victoria and Daniel are incredibly involved in all types of social issues. Sometimes a little too enthusiastic ... The former marshal of the court has told me that she could be called by the Crown Princess in the middle of the night, when she and Daniel sat and discussed, alone or with friends. And at two o'clock at night came up with some brilliant idea they wanted to implement ...
Today I want to toast and say congratulations to one, now young middle-aged committed couple. A couple that gets the strength out of love for each other. Which means a lot to Sweden. I hope I can continue to follow them in for better and for worse. Most fun ..
Hemligheten bakom Daniels och Victorias kärlekslycka

June 19 is the day B - B as Brölllopsdag (wedding day). Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel can look back on an entire decade as a wedding, and here are six of their highlights!
Victoria och Daniel – vändningen under äktenskapet _ Svensk Dam

TT News Agency:
10 years since the wedding - the photo party we remember
On June 19, it is ten years since Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel said yes to each other. After weeks of preparation, that day finally arrived in June 2010. The day that was prepared in the smallest detail and where nothing should go wrong. Read an interview with photographer Jonas Ekströmer who was one of the key figures in image production.
The Crown Princess wedding with the wedding ceremony, the cortege, the party and all the events around it was TT's largest image editing operation ever. TT News Agency, then Scanpix, was the official image agency.
More than 2,500 images
After a meticulous preparation work when photo positions were negotiated, cables were drawn and image flows were planned, it was time. During a long and beautiful summer day, nearly 50 people worked on the guarding of the wedding. 23 photographers from 56 different photo positions, 14 still image editors and 10 video reporters and video editors made sure that pictures and videos are distributed in Sweden and the world. The photo editor produced more than 2,500 photos during the day. They have also received a huge spread abroad.
Jonas Ekströmer is one of TT's nine employed photographers and he was one of the key people in all preparations. Some questions to the "royal" photographer.
You have been with and photographed the royal family for many years. What is the first picture you took of them?
I took my first picture of Crown Princess Victoria when she, as a year old, stumbled around in front of Solliden Palace on her birthday. The year was 1978 and it was the first Victoriadagen. I was 17 at the time and worked at Barometern in Kalmar.
Were you nervous the night before the wedding and what part of the day were you most worried about?
Of course it was nervous. Everything was planned meticulously and everything should work. The group picture itself with the 73 most prominent guests was one of 55 program points and then nothing could go wrong.
Was it something you were surprised by?
What I really appreciated was the dialogue with Queen Silvia in particular, who was very involved in the group picture itself. We met in the room, the Bernadotte Library, where the picture would be taken a week before and then she ordered the paintings to be taken down and the walls painted. We discussed how the bridal children would sit and stand. The queen also came up with the idea that there would be a number of makeup stations placed in the room to comb and powder nose for photography. Felt nice to get that support.
Another episode in the group picture was that the Imperial Crown Prince Naruhito (now Emperor) was so short that he wan't seen among all the monarchs. He was therefore politely asked to take a step back-up. There was some excitement in requesting this, but Naruhito became so happy and grateful for this that he subsequently let the Japanese Embassy present a gift to the King's Master of Ceremonies Jan Warren as a thank for the action.
Many nice pictures were taken during the wedding celebration. What did the bridal couple think?
We met at the Palace a little over a month after the honeymoon to hand over a classy 100-page photo book with all the amazing wedding photos from the TT photographers. Also showed a slideshow from the entire wedding day which aroused great delight. Now all the pictures are digitally archived in the Bernadotte Library.
What is it like to guard royals now during the corona epidemic?
It has become a dead stop with royal surveillance in recent months. The Royal couple isolated themselves early on Stenhammar castle and the Crown Princess couple did likewise on Haga Palace. With a few exceptions, we have had a handful of photo opportunities with the royals. Among other things in connection with the king's birthday where the royal couple invited to Stenhammar castle and when Crown Princess Victoria with the children Estelle and Oscar visited the hives on Haga. Beyond that, there have been almost nonexistent royal jobs.
10 år sedan bröllopet - bildfesten vi minns

The Crown Princess wedding required weeks of preparation for TT's image editing and this is the largest single production to date. Here you can see a selection of the 2500 pictures taken on June 19, 2010.
Kronprinsessan Victorias bröllop 19 juni 2010 TT Nyhetsbyrån

Bildextra_ Så såg det ut när Victoria och Daniel gifte sig - Sydsvenskan

Grattis Victoria och Daniel!

Last edited:
His speech to his bride went straight into everyone's heart:
"Dear Victoria. I am so proud of what we have together. I am so happy to now be Your husband. I will do everything I can ever to keep you as happy as you are today".
Speaking to all the royalty, guests and millions of TV viewers around the world may not have been the easiest.
But Daniel Westling did it with flying colours - and with a heart that clapped with love. No one who looked at the wedding can forget the romance that prevailed, the kiss, all the warm looks and the little tender patties on each other.
And sure, he seems to have succeeded, Daniel. The Crown Princess Couple seems equally happy today.
They often work together, help each other, listen attentively, hold each other's hands, support when it is heavy but also laugh together warmly.
Victoria & Daniel – 10 år av kärlek _ Allas
Translation

Hemmets Journal - 10 år av kärlek med Victoria och Daniel _ Facebook

Daniel Westling, de plebeyo a príncipe de Suecia

For the Crown Princess couple's wedding in 2010, a Foundation was founded by H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria and H.R.H. Prince Daniel. For ten years, the Foundation has enabled projects that promote good health and strengthen community among children and young people in Sweden.
The Crown Princess couple founded the foundation in conjunction with their wedding in June 2010, and then chose their heart issues as the purpose - to promote health and community among children and young people. Questions that are more relevant today than ever.
During the past decade, the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation has contributed to 100 projects and supported 49 unique organizations around the country that together have reached over 610,000 children and young people. The foundation has also initiated Generation Pep, that works actively to disseminate knowledge and create commitment to the health of children and young people.
For those of you who want to pay attention on the 10th anniversary, the Foundation gratefully receives a gift.
10-årsjubileum - Kronprinsessparets stiftelse

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom