The Confirmation of HRH The Infanta Sofía of Spain

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
The Confirmation of HRH The Infanta Sofía of Spain
25th of May 2023

157px-Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Sofia_of_Spain.png

Last edited:
In the article they refence that the ceremony was advanced by one year, so I suppose it was expected to take place a year later. However, both for Leonor and Sofia (who is expected to attend UCW as well) it was important to be cobfirmed before leaving (my interpretation).

They furthermore speculate that Sofia might pick her sister as godmother for her confirmation (Leonor picked her father, it seems they think it is less likely she'll ask her mother).

In the article they refence that the ceremony was advanced by one year, so I suppose it was expected to take place a year later. However, both for Leonor and Sofia (who is expected to attend UCW as well) it was important to be cobfirmed before leaving (my interpretation).

They furthermore speculate that Sofia might pick her sister as godmother for her confirmation (Leonor picked her father, it seems they think it is less likely she'll ask her mother).

Do we know that Leonor will be around that day? It's a Thursday and not sure her exams in Wales are done by this point.

Yes, Princess Leonor finishes the course and the exams on May 20.
Thanks lula, that's early! Will the school do any festivities for the baccalaureate that the parents (Kings of Spain, Netherlands) will travel to?

Thanks lula, that's early! Will the school do any festivities for the baccalaureate that the parents (Kings of Spain, Netherlands) will travel to?

Yes, on the last day they have a graduation ceremony that families attend.

The Confirmation is just a week away now!

The Church of the Assumption of Our Lady is the same church where Sofia made her First Communion in 2017 and also where the Princess of Asturias made her Confirmation in 2021.

Last edited:
The King also acted as her Godfather. :wub:

Rules have changed then...or are different in Spain, when I did my confirmation I had a Godfather.?

Last edited:
Is the Infanta showing a naked tummy at a religious event or is that just optical illusion?

What went on with Queen Sofia,Leonard went back into get her by the hand?

A slight bit of flesh.

The irony is Leonor technically exposed a lot more of her torso with that deep v-neck, but since her outfit is conventional it's considered "modest". People just want to go nuts about Sofia (since it was her sister's turn last weekend :whistling:).

I notice the confirmand has her braces off. When was the last time she had them?

Why is she being confirmed at 16 when the usual age is 12? Also, if she made her First Communion in 2017 she would have been 10, when the usual age is 7.

Rules have changed then...or are different in Spain, when I did my confirmation I had a Godfather.?

It's always been a Godparent at baptism and a sponsor at Confirmation.

Why is she being confirmed at 16 when the usual age is 12? Also, if she made her First Communion in 2017 she would have been 10, when the usual age is 7.

I was confirmed when I was 15, but some of my classmates who were confirmed with me were already 16. It doesn't seem like an unusual age to me.

What went on with Queen Sofia, Leonor went back into get her by the hand?

I suppose Leonor learned a few things from the infamous incident in Mallorca a few years ago.

Anyway, I am just glad that the (paternal and maternal) grandparents were included too. It is sad, however, that King Juan Carlos could not be there too because of his exile.

Last edited:
Usual age for you is not for everyone. It changes according to every archdiocese.
I'd been confirmed at 10 and 1st communion at 11.

A slight bit of flesh.

Both girls' outfits would seem more appropriate for a party than a church ceremony where I live. But, they're certainly not overly sexy or anything.

It's interesting how styles have changed. Thirty years ago, I doubt anyone could have imagined Queen Sofia and Queen Letizia wearing slacks to a confirmation, either.

I thought parents are not allowed to be sponsors for their children.

I've never heard of such a rule,the king stood as Sponsor also for Leonor too!

Juan Carlos was the Confirmation sponsor for Felipe also,so its a tradition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom