Infanta Maria Francisca de Bragança and Duarte de Sousa Araújo Martins, 7 Oct. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Infanta Maria Francisca de Bragança, Duchess of Coimbra and Duarte de Sousa Araújo Martins will get married on October 7th 2023.

Last edited:
The wedding will take place at the Mafra Palace.

I will report here some of the information already made public about the royal wedding:

• The President of the Republic, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, is confirmed and members of European royalty and aristocracy are scheduled to travel to Portugal. Prince Sebastien and Prince Louis of Luxembourg will also be present.
  • The wedding is expected to bring together more than 1,200 guests.
  • The bride will wear the same tiara that her mother wore on her wedding day. The tiara belonged to Queen Amélia.
  • Chef Hélio Loureiro will be responsible for the wedding menu.
  • There will be two wedding cakes, and the public in Mafra will be the first to taste the delicacy.
  • The wedding will take place at the Royal Palace of Mafra.
  • The wedding will be broadcast on TVI, and can be followed on two giant screens outside the palace.
  • On Friday, October 6th, there will be a reception for international guests.
  • Meanwhile, on the wedding day itself, following the mass and cocktail - which will take place at the Royal Palace of Mafra -, the bride and groom will host a dinner at the home of the Duke and Duchess of Bragança in Sintra for just a few guests: members of the royal houses, family and godparents. Guests will have to change their dress code for this dinner. Finally, there will be a party, which will bring together all the guests.
  • The bride's dress will be designed by Portuguese designer Luzia Nascimento. Infanta Maria Francisca will wear another dress at the evening party.

The bride and groom's monogram:
22546924_K3osE.jpeg

1200? Wow. I can't imagine how many they will invite when her brother marries.

Love that the President is attending, he seems fun too.
Looking forward to it :coach:

It seems it will be a bigger event than was the fcase for various royals from reigning houses. I would hope some more reigning royals of the younger generation will attend but it is not likely. I am looking forward to see which non-reining royals will be there. Dom Duarte went to so many royal events over the years that I expect an impressive turnout.

It seems it will be a bigger event than was the fcase for various royals from reigning houses. I would hope some more reigning royals of the younger generation will attend but it is not likely. I am looking forward to see which non-reining royals will be there. Dom Duarte went to so many royal events over the years that I expect an impressive turnout.

And even Maria Francisca and her older brother attended several Wedding. Alone 3 german noble Weddings this year if have counted correct.

As for reigning royals i think perhaps some from Belgium, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein. Doubt anyone from Spain will go

I think Doña Sofía will represent the SRF. There's still hope for us tiara lovers if the dinner happens to be white tie.

1.200 people is alright for Mafra, if she chose to marry there she obviously wants the place to be full.

Last edited:
  • Meanwhile, on the wedding day itself, following the mass and cocktail - which will take place at the Royal Palace of Mafra -, the bride and groom will host a dinner at the home of the Duke and Duchess of Bragança in Sintra for just a few guests: members of the royal houses, family and godparents. Guests will have to change their dress code for this dinner. Finally, there will be a party, which will bring together all the guests.

Thank you for all of the information Blog Real! Do you know the dress code for the reception on Friday or the dinner and party following the wedding? I'm wondering if there is any chance that guests will wear tiaras too. I wouldn't have thought that there would be a tiara event included but they seem to be planning a large celebration.

Observador - Casamento real. Do anel de noivado aos dois vestidos sem esquecer a tiara da rainha d. Amélia

Infanta Maria Francisca and the Duchess of Braganza gave an interview to Observador that detailed all of the bride's planned wedding jewelry. If everything translated correctly, she will wear Queen Amelie's Diamond Tiara (Dom Luis Diadem), the same diamond earrings that the Duchess of Braganza wore on her wedding day that were a gift from her mother, and a sapphire and diamond bracelet that belonged to Queen Amelie on loan from a friend. For the reception she will change her earrings to a pair that belonged to her grandmother, Princess Maria Francisca. The diamond from her engagement ring was taken from these earrings and was replaced with an emerald by the groom. I assume he also replaced a diamond in the other earring so that they match but the translation of this part wasn't very clear.

I would expect the Russian, Bavarian, Albanian, Moroccan and even the prince of Monaco!

I would expect the Russian, Bavarian, Albanian, Moroccan and even the prince of Monaco!

Yes and perhaps also Bulgaria, Serbia, Liechtenstein, France, Brazil, Germany. I hope that either Infanta Cristina or Infanta Elena will come from Spain.

Thank you for all of the information Blog Real! Do you know the dress code for the reception on Friday or the dinner and party following the wedding? I'm wondering if there is any chance that guests will wear tiaras too. I wouldn't have thought that there would be a tiara event included but they seem to be planning a large celebration.

Observador - Casamento real. Do anel de noivado aos dois vestidos sem esquecer a tiara da rainha d. Amélia

Infanta Maria Francisca and the Duchess of Braganza gave an interview to Observador that detailed all of the bride's planned wedding jewelry. If everything translated correctly, she will wear Queen Amelie's Diamond Tiara (Dom Luis Diadem), the same diamond earrings that the Duchess of Braganza wore on her wedding day that were a gift from her mother, and a sapphire and diamond bracelet that belonged to Queen Amelie on loan from a friend. For the reception she will change her earrings to a pair that belonged to her grandmother, Princess Maria Francisca. The diamond from her engagement ring was taken from these earrings and was replaced with an emerald by the groom. I assume he also replaced a diamond in the other earring so that they match but the translation of this part wasn't very clear.

The article appears to be behind a paywall.

A agree . Don Duarte was welcome to all the royal Events , and he did it with his charming wife. Very glad that the President of Portugal will atttend this royal wedding.

I love that he uses “Don” and not “Crown Prince” or titles that aren’t recognized and he and his family are very much involved and welcomed in society in Portugal and maybe even very loved, with or without legit titles

If I may ask, how would one watch this wedding if they’re not in Portugal? Will be live-streamed online as well? Asking in advance for myself and others so we get the correct info in advance and not scrabbling for information on Wedding day!

Thank you!

Why is this wedding such a big event in Portugal?
Do they want the monarchy back?

I' m already curious how the bridal gown will look like.
Maria' s outfits IMO look always a little, well, unadventurous and cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
A agree . Don Duarte was welcome to all the royal Events , and he did it with his charming wife. Very glad that the President of Portugal will atttend this royal wedding.

I hope we will see Queen Sofia in attendance and maybe her sister and daughters.

I love that he uses “Don” and not “Crown Prince” or titles that aren’t recognized and he and his family are very much involved and welcomed in society in Portugal and maybe even very loved, with or without legit titles

If I may ask, how would one watch this wedding if they’re not in Portugal? Will be live-streamed online as well? Asking in advance for myself and others so we get the correct info in advance and not scrabbling for information on Wedding day!

Thank you!

Yes, here is the link to watch the wedding on Saturday:

https://tviplayer.iol.pt/direto/TVI...-y9HP5M5Mce66l-ivxBPM8yULljtFbFNwGVgC8ftokYe7

I will report here some of the information already made public about the royal wedding:

• The President of the Republic, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, is confirmed and members of European royalty and aristocracy are scheduled to travel to Portugal. Prince Sebastien and Prince Louis of Luxembourg will also be present.
  • The wedding is expected to bring together more than 1,200 guests.
  • The bride will wear the same tiara that her mother wore on her wedding day. The tiara belonged to Queen Amélia.
  • Chef Hélio Loureiro will be responsible for the wedding menu.
  • There will be two wedding cakes, and the public in Mafra will be the first to taste the delicacy.
  • The wedding will take place at the Royal Palace of Mafra.
  • The wedding will be broadcast on TVI, and can be followed on two giant screens outside the palace.
  • The bride's dress will be designed by Portuguese designer Luzia Nascimento. Infanta Maria Francisca will wear another dress at the evening party.

The bride and groom's monogram:
22546924_K3osE.jpeg

Thank you for keeping us up to date.

For anyone who may have missed it and for future reference, Blog Real has also provided extensive summaries of news, interviews and announcements about the wedding and the couple in their engagement thread:

Engagement of Infanta Maria Francisca de Bragança and Duarte de Sousa Araújo Martins

More information about the wedding guests:
As for international royalty, guests are expected from the house of Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, the Saxe-Coburg Gotha, Orléans and Bragança family (from Brazil), the family of the Counts of Paris and close relatives from France and the aristocracy of Europe, relatives and friends who get along regularly with the bride and her brothers. No royal guests will come from the United Kingdom and Spain.

Among the guests are also other figures from the current and past panorama of Portuguese politics, such as the President of the Republic, President of the Regional Government of Madeira, the Grand Master of the Sovereign Order of Malta and the former Prime Minister José Manuel Durão Barroso.
https://observador.pt/2023/10/04/ma...utm_medium=email&utm_source=observador_alerts

Any news about the pre-wedding celebrations?
What time does it start?

:previous:

The tv guide of the station says it will start broadcasting at 14:25 on TVI and 14:30 on TVI International. Note that Portugal has one hour of time difference with Brussels, so it will be 15:25 your time. It seems that nothing else is planned until 19:10 (Portuguese time), which means the broadcast will last for nearly 5 hours? If so that may be longer than some royal wedding broadcasts in reigning monarchies.

https://tvi.iol.pt/guiatv

Lovely to see her in a Minhoto dress and even participating in the dance. I believe Dss Isabel is refering to Russian, Württemberg and Thurn und Taxis guests.

Last edited:
Such a confident young lady; and the bridegroom also seems to be a nice chap.

Absolutely radiant Maria Francisca, can't wait to see her in a couple of hours. What a great blessing for Dom Duarte to be able to walk his daughter down the aisle.

Her family's monogram was sewn into the skirt of her gorgeous minhota bridal dress, she used to dance the Vira when she was little so it's not surprising she jumped right in!

Several Orléans-Bragança cousins, George, Rebecca, Maria Vladimirovna, and Gloria von Thurn und Taxis have arrived in Sintra already.

Last edited:
Liveblog to follow wedding updates live.
https://observador.pt/liveblogs/cas...mas-as-celebracoes-comecaram-ontem-em-sintra/

The flags are already raised in Mafra
All around Terreiro D. João V are 10 banners three meters high and one meter wide. Half with the blue and white flag of the monarchy and the other half with the bride and groom's monogram. Interspersed, there are 10 flagpoles with 10 flags of the main Portuguese dynasties, from the founding of Portugal until 1910.
https://c6.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Gba17efe4/22549251_C0u8T.jpeg

https://c8.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G98171b65/22549252_06rDo.jpeg

A photo of the interior of the Royal Palace of Mafra. Hundreds of people are already on the street to watch the wedding.

Wedding photos:

https://tvi.iol.pt/fotos/casamento-...nca-vestida-de-noiva/65216c3fd34e65afa2f624c0

Attachments

• 20231007_140130.jpg
    20231007_140130.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20231007_140157.jpg
    20231007_140157.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot seee the wedding, I have to susbscibe and don't want it.

Back
Top Bottom