Stefano Casiraghi, Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Thanks rerehh! It's nice that they still remember him.

Life gave Stefano a lot but in the end he was a very misfortunate guy, passing away just at 30, in his prime.............

OH my God.... 20 years !!.... I still remember that terrible October 3rd.... I can not forget it... It seems it was yesterday, I still remember I fest so shocked !!!

He was a real gentleman, a great husband and father.

God bless his soul !!!!

I will never forget Caroline's agonized grief at that funeral. She was sobbing so hard, she didn't bother to remove her sunglasses in Church during the funeral. It was uncomfortable to watch and I remember being so desperately sad that Princess Grace was not around to help her poor child through that crisis...if anyone could have helped her, I bet it would have been Grace.

I had always assumed that the Stefano/Caroline marriage was unhappy-because I was foolish enough to believe tabloid gossip, :sad: and I was never very impressed with Stefano to begin with.

But I was obviously very wrong. And I am happy that Caroline was able to have a successful marriage that produced three such beautiful children..Stefano would be beside himself with pride if he could see them..Grace too! :)

Yesterday, in Fino Mornasco, Stefano's death anniversary was remembered with several events. In the pic can be seen to Fernanda Casiraghi, Danielle Casiraghi and him daughter Fernanda. I've read that Andrea would go to the dinner but I don't know if is true. At the end of this article I think it says that Caroline was there, but I'm not sure because I don't know if it refer to yesterday or some other time. Hope that someone who knows Italian can remove our doubt...

Vent

TG1 - Stefano Casiraghi ricordato a Fino Mornasco

I had always assumed that the Stefano/Caroline marriage was unhappy-because I was foolish enough to believe tabloid gossip, :sad: and I was never very impressed with Stefano to begin with.

But I was obviously very wrong. And I am happy that Caroline was able to have a successful marriage that produced three such beautiful children..Stefano would be beside himself with pride if he could see them..Grace too! :)

UNHAPPY!!! How could the tabloids transmit such an impression. Their marriage was sooo happy, Stefano was desperately in love with her, and at all the pictures of this 8 years period their happiness was impossible to hide. Caroline was radiant beautiful, exploding from love! And of course their 3 beautiful babies!

I do remember the specualtion as well. And now looking back, its just further proof that no one ever really knows what goes on in a marriage. And photos by the paparazzi never tell the true story on ANYTHING. It might give a hint but it doesn't tell the whole story. And I keep that my mind whenever I look at pics of the Monaco royals, the British royals, the celebs that I follow and the politicans. Until photos starting moving and talking like Harry Potter, I will reserve my judgement

Caroline's grief was very obvious and sad. I remember the cover of Royalty magazine. I just felt so bad for her. Such a tragedy for one to die so young. He is definitely missed. But his memory lives on thru his children.

Last edited:
Thanks rerehh, once again, for the info!
Maybe Caroline and Andrea went, just that there aren't pics of them.

The article says that Andrea came in the evening to take part to the gala dinner in honor of his father.

I will never forget Caroline's agonized grief at that funeral. She was sobbing so hard, she didn't bother to remove her sunglasses in Church during the funeral. It was uncomfortable to watch and I remember being so desperately sad that Princess Grace was not around to help her poor child through that crisis...if anyone could have helped her, I bet it would have been Grace.

Yes, those were terrible days. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: I had myself an hard time accepting that such a devoted husband of a beautiful princess, such a loving, caring father for his children had died... I just went on « Oh my God, and the children, my God what will become of those children?!? » I was so stupified :eek: that i only woke up from this stupor almost ten days later when i finally burst into tears myself... And that awful sense of impotency before P. Caroline's agony... I wanted so much to help her to comfort her and to relieve her pain, and all i could do was to stand and watch, powerlessly, her grieving. I would have done anything to console her if i only could. I never felt so sorry for someone as i felt for those families, both the Grimaldis and the Casiraghis those days! :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

Thanks rerehh, once again, for the info!
Maybe Caroline and Andrea went, just that there aren't pics of them.

You're welcome :flowers:

The article says that Andrea came in the evening to take part to the gala dinner in honor of his father.

Video Carolina & Stefano

Tgcom - La solitudine di Carolina - Video Mediaset

I think the pics that appear in the video are to the interview to Fernanda Casiraghi in the magazine "Gente"

At the end of this article I think it says that Caroline was there, but I'm not sure because I don't know if it refer to yesterday or some other time. Hope that someone who knows Italian can remove our doubt...

Vent

TG1 - Stefano Casiraghi ricordato a Fino Mornasco

Caroline was there when the little square was inaugurated, soon after his death. That´s the only information in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a big version of the pic Hola.com has issued today, showing the Casiraghi clan in Fino Mornasco to mark the 20th anniversary of Stefano's death: http://i56.tinypic.com/b6501y.jpg

(I don't notice any of his children or Caroline in the gallery Nathalie Cox posted. I can see Daniele, Fernanda the younger, Rosalba... but don't see Marco or his family....)

There was a lot of commemorative events: laying the flowers at the memorial site, a charity soccer match, and the inauguration of a local exposition of photographs that celebrate his life. The beneficiary was a local charity, Croce Verde di Fino (Green Cross of Fino).

Last edited:
Caroline was there when the little square was inaugurated, soon after his death. That´s the only information in the article.

Thanks Rosana :flowers:

Hola has an article where it says that yesterday in Monaco Andrea was the memorial that have been made for Stefano:
Mónaco recuerda a Stefano Casiraghi en el 20 aniversario de su muerte | Noticias hola.com

He doesn't appear in the picture, though.

That wasn't in Monaco but Fino Monarco.

Pics

Olycom - News

The strange thing is that Marco and family wasn't in the memorial, and I think that Rosalba either

I saw Rosalba was there! But not Marco or his family, at least not in the pics.
I only noticed Daniele, his daughter Fernanda, Rosalba.... and of course the elder Fernanda....

Thanks rosana! The article says that the siblings didn't appear in the ceremony, but Andrea went to the dinner, unlike Charlotte and Pierre that were seen fashion events.

I think that the siblings were in Monaco with Caroline, otherwise I'm sure that there would be photos of them

Does anyone know the ID of the guy who stood next to Fernanda and wore the tricolor sash?

Yes, those were terrible days. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: I had myself an hard time accepting that such a devoted husband of a beautiful princess, such a loving, caring father for his children had died... I just went on « Oh my God, and the children, my God what will become of those children?!? » I was so stupified :eek: that i only woke up from this stupor almost ten days later when i finally burst into tears myself... And that awful sense of impotency before P. Caroline's agony... I wanted so much to help her to comfort her and to relieve her pain, and all i could do was to stand and watch, powerlessly, her grieving. I would have done anything to console her if i only could. I never felt so sorry for someone as i felt for those families, both the Grimaldis and the Casiraghis those days! :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

I agree with you Lazuli... I felt in the same way. I have always been a great fan of Princess Caroline. I have always followed her news and official events... She has been my style icon and it was fantastic seeing her week after week on magazines specially with Stefano and their kids. What a fantastic couple and what a great husband and father Stefano was!!!!! So, when I heared he died because of the accident I coultdnt believe it !!!! And suddenly I started crying.... I felt soooooooo sad ..... I felt very very sad during lots and lots of days. May his soul rest in peace.... He will always live in my mind and heart!!!

I am really not expert. I mean, I am far from able to recognize all of the family by sight. However, in the photo galleries from the public ceremonies that have been posted, I recognize the following Casiraghi family members:

1. Fernanda, the matriarch of the family
  2. Daniele, her son, and Stefano's brother
  3. Rosalba, sister of Daniele, and Stefano
  4. Fernanda, the daughter of Daniele
  5. Possibly Massimo Bianchi, husband of Rosalba

I DO NOT notice, in these pics:
  1. Marco, the eldest of the four of Fernanda's offspring by Giancarlo (effective patriarch of the family since Gc's death in 1998)
  2. none of Marco's family (not Afra, or Gianmarco, or Gaia or their mother Cecilia)
  3. none of the other children of Daniele except Fernanda
  4. none of Stefano's beautiful offspring
  5. Princess Caroline

Back
Top Bottom