Sex, names, godparents and Duchy of Victoria's and Daniel's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will it be?

• Boy

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Girl

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Twins: Boy & Girl

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Twins: Two Boys

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Twins: Two Girls

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Prince Carl Johan Gustaf Olle of Sweden, Duke of Västerbotten.

I was initially right about the sex, but I thought she was having a girl more recently.

Ok now that we know its a boy here are my guesses
I happy for the 2 believe I am but I think they're going with something really unexpected and unusual....strange (for a Prince of Sweden-no offence to the names or any holders of them) tbh for the 1st name and then more traditional for 2nd names etc...perhaps:
Thierry/Maxence, Carl Bertil Olle Duke of Skane or maybe Vasterbotten
Godparents:
Princess Madeleine
Queen Mathilde
A relative or friend of Daniel
Princess Martha Louise
and perhaps Greek relation..Pavlov? or maybe a close friend of Victoria's.
haha I know my guesses for the 1st name aren't very Swedish or common but I don't know what to expect from these 2

I think that Olle will definitely be included, since Estelle was given Ewa as one of her names. but I don't think he will be called Olle. I assume they will surprise us once again :)

Now that we know the sex here are my guesses

Name; Carl Olle Gustav Johan
Dutchy: I have no clue!
Godparents: Madeleine, CP Frederik, Queen Maxima or CP Mette Marit, Queen Mathilde, CP Pavlos

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Estelle was odd but was a family name so I suspect the baby's will be along those lines. Gustaf/Carl and Olle I will be shocked if they aren't included since Estelle was named for her grandmothers. Perhaps the last middle name will be for a godfather, as Estelle has Mary for CP Mary.

Johann Gustaf Olle (godfather)

Madeleine
Mathilde
male friend for Daniel
either Guillaume or Pavlos
female friend or cousin of Vic's

Didn't expect a boy! I'm at loss for the names but I'm sure Carl and Olle will be included. Or I hope so.

I'm expecting a surprise with the name

Didn't expect a boy! I'm at loss for the names but I'm sure Carl and Olle will be included. Or I hope so.

Agreed. I don't think we'll see Johann as a name - I'd expect Bertil more than Johann

1st Name - a surprise like Estelle
2nd Name - Carl or Gustaf - after the King
3rd Name - Olle - after Daniel's father
4th Name - Bertil - after her great Uncle

The 4th name could also be after one of the godfathers, like with Estelle's fourth name after Mary

Agreed. I don't think we'll see Johann as a name - I'd expect Bertil more than Johann

The 4th name could also be after one of the godfathers, like with Estelle's fourth name after Mary

I agree with you. I thnk Victoria and Daniel are going to dollow the same pattern as it was for Estelle's names.

I think you're right about most of the names, but I have a feeling that they won't use Bertil. Carl Philip and Bertil was very close, so I think they will leave that name to Carl Philips future child.

Ernst

Carl

Olle

Frederik

Prince of Sweden, Duke of Småland and Öland

I think you're right about most of the names, but I have a feeling that they won't use Bertil. Carl Philip and Bertil was very close, so I think they will leave that name to Carl Philips future child.

As long as they don't use Bertil as a first name, that doesn't eliminate CP using it as well. Bertil and Lilian were like grandparents to all 3 kids, not just CP, and it wouldn't be odd if both babies had Bertil (like Gustaf will likely be seen even though used for Nico).

I think if Carl-Philip and Sofia have a boy, the first name will be Bertil. However, this doesn't stop Victoria and Daniel using the name as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th name. Denmark is an example - Prince Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian was born 3 years before Prince Christian Valdemar Henri John.

Maybe they`ll include the name of the late prince Prince Johann Georg von Hohenzollern.

Last edited:
First names: Johan, Alexander, Noah, Ludvig, Oscar, Benjamin, Josef, Samuel (I hope it's one of these names I said)
Second and Third name: Carl and Olle
Fourth name: godparent name.

Duchy: Bohuslan

It's a jump ball for Bertil, because I'm not seeing the children of the same generation sharing names, no matter of placing.

Estelle was

obscure family name- Countess Estelle
maternal grandmother-Silvia
paternal grandmother- Ewa
godmother- CP Mary

So I think her brother will follow

obscure family
maternal grandfather: Gustaf
paternal grandfather: Olle
godfather:

While it will likely be a surprising choice, I don't think they will go random like Noah or Sammuel IMO. But something with some family connection, even if Daniel's family and not hers.

-Johann- Daniel's grandfather and many others in his family name too
-Georg/Jorg- in honor of Vic's 2 late Uncles, Johan Georg and Jorg Sommerlath
-Edmund
-Frederick
-Arthur
-Anders
-Olof (Daniel)
-Hubertus
-Sigvard
-Folke (not sure they would pair with Estelle though)
-Eugen
-Harald for her godfather

Mason or Saint.

Aren't Victoria and Daniel big Kardashian fans? :D

Prince's Name: Bertil Gustaf Olle Haakon ,Crown Princess Mary is godmother of Princess Estelle, so Norway Crown Prince will be godfather of little prince , only my guess .

My guesses:

Edmund Gustav Olle Bertil
Bertil Gustav Olle Philip
Charles Gustav Olle Bertil
Erik Gustav Olle Folke
Erik Gustav Olle Frederik
Edmund Gustav Olle Frederik
Bertil Gustav Olle Frederik

Last edited:
Prince's Name: Bertil Gustaf Olle Haakon ,Crown Princess Mary is godmother of Princess Estelle, so Norway Crown Prince will be godfather of little prince , only my guess .

Haakon is godfather to Estelle. Her godparents were CP, Haakon, Willem-Alexander, Anna Westling and Mary.

I hope that Victoria and Daniel surprise us again and give the child a first name we would have never guessed.
I think Albert, Henri, Edmund and Sigvard aren't very likely as first names, because they are the names of the sons of the Magnuson brothers, all younger than Estelle, born in December 2012 - October 2015.
I hope that Olle or Gunnar from Daniel's father will be included in the name.

About the godparents, I predicted before the christening of Nicolas
Princess Madeleine
Queen Mathilde
Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Gustaf Magnuson
Hedvig Blom or Caroline Kreuger Nilsson

But because Gustaf was chosen as a godparent for Nicolas, maybe Victoria and Daniel choose another relative instead of him.

Last edited:
I'll go with:

Edmund Olle Gustaf Bertil; or
Carl Johan Edmund Olof/Olle

Or the long shot:
Eugen Gustaf Olle Hubertus

Duchy:
Västerbotten or Uppland

Carl Johan Olle Bertil

Hertig av Lappland :flowers:

I hope that Victoria and Daniel surprise us again and give the child a first name we would have never guessed.
I think Albert, Henri, Edmund and Sigvard aren't very likely as first names, because they are the names of the sons of the Magnuson brothers, all younger than Estelle, born in December 2012 - October 2015.
I hope that Olle or Gunnar from Daniel's father will be included in the name.

About the godparents, I predicted before the christening of Nicolas
Princess Madeleine
Queen Mathilde
Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Gustaf Magnuson
Hedvig Blom or Caroline Kreuger Nilsson

But because Gustaf was chosen as a godparent for Nicolas, maybe Victoria and Daniel choose another relative instead of him.

Top three seem highly likely for me.

If Hedvig is not godmother, I would think or hope, a friend or cousin (if he has one) may be chosen. I would be surprised if he didn't get one godparent. Perhaps if a male friend of his, one of Vic's female cousins will be chosen instead of Gustaf. She is godmother to a child of Sibylla and Kristina-Louise. Or if male, there are is a good chance one of the Sommerlath cousins instead of Gustaf.

Prince Elias Gustav Olle Frederik

They could also choose Daniel's brother-in-law as one of the gdofather's.
As name i think Erik would be nice it would go well with Estelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom