Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is she doing in restaurants when she is the icon of weight watcher ?

You can eat at restaurants and be successful on Weight Watchers. The more high end the restaurant, the more likely they won't balk at serving what you ask for.

Locanda Locatelli is a lovely Italian restaurant at the Hyatt Churchill. I am sure the chefs would be happy to accomodate any dietary restrictions the Duchess was observing.

Those most recent pictures show Sarah looking the best she has in years. Relaxed, flat stomach, shorter hair (!), relatively clear skin...looks great!

As the posters above have mentioned, you can eat at a resteraunt while on a diet, as long as you are careful.

Also, I don't think Sarah works for Weight Watchers anymore. Therefore, she doesn't have to be careful about what she eats for their sake.

Please note that off topic posts (about Andrew marrying someone else, Sarah moving to Los Angeles) have been deleted (as they were in another thread) as off topic.

Let's get back on topic with Sarah's Current Events.

Since when has she moved to L.A.???!!! Sounds suspiciously off track. :eek:

There was a rumour going around a few weeks ago that she was going to move to LA. Now she's in La, and so maybe the rumour was true after all.

Since when has she moved to L.A.???!!! Sounds suspiciously off track. :eek:

Here is a link regarding the forum Sarah is attending/presenting:

Global Forum on Human Trafficking

There is a Live Broadcast option on the website. We missed today's broadcast, but it looks like they are broadcasting tomorrows as well.

This event is being held in Sunnyvale, California about 15 minutes from my house. Wish I'd known in time to attend. I'd be interested to hear what she has to say on this subject.

Last edited:
:previous: Perhaps there'll be some video online after the conference. I would also be interested in what Sarah has to say. She's a very good speaker when she's passionate about something.

It wouldn't be a great shock to me if there's another scandal involving Sarah and money. I hope I'm wrong. For one thing, I'd hate to see Beatrice and Eugenie being judged by their mother's behaviour yet again. It's time for those two young women to be known by their own interests and and concerns. It would be nice to see Andrew find another lady for the long-term if he wants to; and I think that will happen only if Sarah becomes independently established--and that will happen only if Sarah settles for a life-style that she can afford. A private, discrete life can have its own rewards.
It wouldn't surprise me either. I've been reading about Sarah since she first appeared on the scene, and it's been one blunder after another. She loves the high life and a discrete life just would not suit her. Plus, too much sun, booze and smoking is starting to take it's toll.

:previous: I'm of the perhaps somewhat naive opinion that "while there's life, there's hope." It's still not to late for Sarah to take care of herself physically and emotionally.

Not naive but it's a reach when it comes to certain people. A person has to want to change and Sarah's idea rebirth is simply repackaging her story for mass consumption. When she stops, looks around and realizes how much she's accomplished and how little she has benefited from it she'll be able to help herself.

Agreed. I have someone in my family like that who has an issue that works the same way. It's maddening to see. But there is some small percentage of hopefulness until someone is actually dead and in the ground.

Not naive but it's a reach when it comes to certain people. A person has to want to change and Sarah's idea rebirth is simply repackaging her story for mass consumption.

Not naive but it's a reach when it comes to certain people. A person has to want to change and Sarah's idea rebirth is simply repackaging her story for mass consumption. When she stops, looks around and realizes how much she's accomplished and how little she has benefited from it she'll be able to help herself.

She has ot change, but not entirely on her terms. You can't have everything entirely on yourown terms, it just doesn't work like that.

Unfortunately, it'll still have to come fro her. The girls and Andrew are surely not going to suddenly take her by the shoulders and shake her. It really will be up to her own mind to click but, if the conversation in the duties and role thread is anything to go by, the whole family might take the on a siege mentality which will only serve to reinforce Sarah's selfishness.

LOL Those girls just can't win. It isn't like they are 5. I know a lot of proud mothers and they don't carry around a picture of their kids on a handbag. Cause most know the children would be mortified. Not looking great and is that really a beehive? Looks more like she put her hair up from her face.

She looks terrible. Slap on some makeup, will ya? And lose the bag. That's just stupid. :bang:

If i remember it correctly the bag was a gift from beatrice and eugenie and it was given to her back in 2002. It is the christmascard or at least a similar pic from 2002.

She looks like hell, brush your hair, thrown on a bit of make up and yes ditch the bag, you're not doing your children (aka socialites in training) any favors.

Sarah, Duchess of York, attended the AllSaints Spitalfields & Not for Sale launch in Hollywood, October 24, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Could not help noticing the dress carrier with the embroidered logo of S with a crown above it. Illusions of grandeur that continue for the lady.

Muriel, I think that the difficulty that those of us who wish Sarah well constantly have to contend with is Sarah's complete inability to distance herself from her distant royal past. I am not a Sarah hater, and want to see her happily settled. Her current events now - so far as they relate to the non-social part of life - appear to be positioning herself as an advocate for good causes, which I understand that she is achieving with the help of Lord Bell, PR Guru. Her 'trafficking speech' would appear to be her first step in that new direction [i.e post-Oprah and her book]. And the best way forward for Sarah must now to drop all references to her Royal past. If Sarah truly wishes to move forward, then I am sorry to say it, but continually presenting herself in the way that she is doing - i.e. reminding everyone of her 'royal' connections - will not be much of a help in 'moving on'. To me, Sarah, when she is out forging her new role, should NOT be carrying a bag - however sweet and charming it may be - with the faces of her Royal daughters, as to me it appears to be saying ' look at my royal connections' rather than ' I am Sarah moving forward in my new professional direction' and to appear with a garment bag monogrammed with a Coronet is also NOT the way forward. IMHO, the Coronet should have disappeared when Sarah became divorced. Sarah's supporters may, of course suggest that the garment bag is old [ members - and particularly the younger generations of - the Royal Family] used to buy monogrammed goods from royal supplier Eximious, and that firm is no longer trading] but I still think it would be far more beneficial to Sarah's new life if she simply unpicked the Coronet on her bag........

Only my views, and not meant to offend,

Alex

Last edited:
Amazing what some makeup and a decent hairstyle will do for a girl! :flowers:

Muriel, I think that the difficulty that those of us who wish Sarah well constantly have to contend with is Sarah's complete inability to distance herself from her distant royal past. I am not a Sarah hater, and want to see her happily settled. Her current events now - so far as they relate to the non-social part of life - appear to be positioning herself as an advocate for good causes, which I understand that she is acheiving with the help of Lord Bell, PR Guru. Her 'trafficking speech' would appear to be her first step in that new direction [i.e post-Oprah and her book]. And the best way forward for Sarah must now to drop all references to her Royal past. If Sarah truly wishes to move forward, then I am sorry to say it, but continually presenting herself in the way that she is doing - i.e. reminding everyone of her 'royal' connections - will not be much of a help in 'movimg on'. To me, Sarah, when she is out forging her new role, should NOT be carrying a bag - however sweet and charming it may be - with the faces of her Royal daughters, as to me it appears to be saying ' look at my royal connections' rather than ' I am Sarah moving forward in my new professional direction' and to appear with a garment bag monogrammed with a Coronet is also NOT the way forward. IMHO, the Coronet should have disappeared when Sarah became divorced. Sarah's supporters may, of course suggest that the garment bag is old [ members - and particularly the younger generations of British Royals] used to buy monogrammed goods from royal supplier Eximious, and that firm is no longer trading] but I still think it would be far more beneficial to Sarah's new life if she simply unpicked the Coronet on her bag........

Only my views, and not meant to offend,

Alex

Diarist, I agree with you.

I used to be quite a supporter of Sarah till the cash for access scandal, and her actions since. I thought it was very credible how she had built up a career for herself, and how she had built a life independent of the BRF.

Her actions now are very worrying. IMO she is desperate now, and very keen to position herself closer to the BRF than she actually is, primarily for commercial gain. Her daughters, access to Andrew and continuing to live at Royal Lodge are all key parts of this. Why has she been complaining about not being invited to the wedding of William & Catherine, when she was never invited to the weddings of Sophie & Edward and Peter & Autumn? Why this need to talk about her connection with Diana, when she probably has not even met William & Harry for years?

If she is to rebuild some sort of career for herself, she needs to stop using her daughters as crutches, or she will bring them down with her.

I can see that Sarah has lost weight since the summer; she looks better (healthier). Her eyes probably don't look happy because deep down she isn't happy. I think she has a little way to go yet before she finds the secret of joy in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom