Ruling Family of Dubai Current Events 2: Sep 2011 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give more details on Sheikh Obaid bin Thani Al Maktoum and his daughter Mona.

Sheikh Obaid bin Thani Al Maktoum´s daughter on 2008/06/14 married Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. Sheikh Obaid bin Thani has only one daughter. Her name is Mona. Thats all what we can tell you.

Last edited:
Sheikh Ahmed bin Hasher Al Maktoum

I was listening to BBC Radio Five Live this morning and Victoria Derbyshire was interviewing some British Olympic gold medallists, asking whether their lives had changed.

One of the gold medallists interviewed was Peter Wilson (25), son of a stud farmer in Dorset, who approached Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Hasher Al Maktoum to be his shooting coach. Sheikh Ahmed won the Olympic gold medal for double trap shooting in 2004. He has been coaching Peter Wilson free of charge and Peter describes the Sheikh as his best friend and a great cook.

Wikipedia only had the basics of age and title and Olympics so I wondered whether anyone could fill in some more details such as where he fits in the family tree please ?

I was listening to BBC Radio Five Live this morning and Victoria Derbyshire was interviewing some British Olympic gold medallists, asking whether their lives had changed.

One of the gold medallists interviewed was Peter Wilson (25), son of a stud farmer in Dorset, who approached Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Hasher Al Maktoum to be his shooting coach. Sheikh Ahmed won the Olympic gold medal for double trap shooting in 2004. He has been coaching Peter Wilson free of charge and Peter describes the Sheikh as his best friend and a great cook.

Wikipedia only had the basics of age and title and Olympics so I wondered whether anyone could fill in some more details such as where he fits in the family tree please ?

First: The name suffix "bin Mohammed" is wrong.

Sheikh Ahmed bin Hasher al Maktoum was born 31. December 1963 and is a nephew of Sheikha Hind. His father Sheikh Hasher bin Maktoum al Maktoum (b: 1946) is the brother of Sheikha Hind (wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, current ruler of Dubai). At the same time Sheikh Ahmed´s father (Sheikh Hasher) is Sheikh Mohammed's cousin. In addition: Sheikh Ahmeds's grandfather and Sheikh Mohammed's father are also cousins. Sheikh Ahmed mothers name is Amina Bint Humaid Al Tayer. He is the eldest son of the couple. Sheikh Ahmed has 5 siblings: Maktoum bin Hasher al Maktoum (b: 1977), Madiya bin Hasher al Maktoum, Maryam bint Hasher al Maktoum, Maitha bint Hasher al Maktoum and Wafa bint Hasher al Maktoum.

He entered the 2000 shooting competitions together with another member of the family, Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum. Sheikh Saeed scored the best Olympic result by an UAE athlete (9th), but Ahmed would win the first medal. Sheikh Ahmed bin Hasher al Maktoum had in fact been more active as a squash player, winning the national title from 1985 to 2000. He started shooting only in 1998, although he had joined his father in falcon hunts from age four. His top result prior to the 2004 Olympics had been a 4th place at the 2003 World Championships in the double trap event. He matched that position in the single trap event in Athens (one shot short of the podium). He was the top qualifier for the double trap final, and only increased his advantage to win the gold while equalling the Olympic Record.

Last edited:
Last edited:
1. The wives live apart, each woman have her own house.
2. In their own houses they can wear what they want if only women are present or their husband or men who they can not marry in legal terms. (for example: her father, her brother, her uncle, her father-in-law). You completely cover your hair and body only, when you leave your home and in public occur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is Shaikha Bint Saeed's birthday!! (sheikh hamdan's cousin ex fiancee)
Does anyone know how old is she turning today?? :)

Today is Shaikha Bint Saeed's birthday!! (sheikh hamdan's cousin ex fiancee)
Does anyone know how old is she turning today?? :)

Sheikha bint Saeed was born on 12th October. She is 22 years now. ;)

Last edited:
No actually she was born in December for sure and yes 22 this year :)

Nice ,,, Sheikh Majid looks so good ,,, he really become handsome ;-) ,,,, he looks much better than past year ,,, Thank you for posting .

Nice ,,, Sheikh Majid looks so good ,,, he really become handsome ;-) ,,,, he looks much better than past year ,,, Thank you for posting .

I can not see a change at him. He was always handsome with a admirable calm and balanced charisma. ;)

I can not see a change at him. He was always handsome with a admirable calm and balanced charisma. ;)

haha I agree with your comment too ,,, But No idea just I saw that ,,,, when he getting older he becoming more handsome ,,, What a sharp black eyes he has haha ;) ,,, yes sure i agree about his balanced charisma ! :flowers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't think it's a broken back coz I was there , she did get up and walked in the village to congratulate her sister . I would assume she wouldn't be able to do so if it was broken, but ten again I never broke my back so I wouldn't know

I don't think it's a broken back coz I was there , she did get up and walked in the village to congratulate her sister . I would assume she wouldn't be able to do so if it was broken, but ten again I never broke my back so I wouldn't know

Right. I think, she has a broken rib and not a broken back. With broken ribs you can walking and do all, but you have a lot of pain with each movement. I had broken three of mine six years before and still remember. If her back (spine) is broken, she would never walk for the rest of her life. Alhamdulillah (Thanks God) is it not that.

Last edited:
Sheikh Mohammed had launched a great initiative, which began two year ago. It was a "thank you" initiative for all the foreign workers here, which help the UAE to grow into a wonderful place for all. Today it was time give thanks all domestic workers, gardener, janitors, construction workers, service workers and others. A lot of Emiratis participated in it. After the day Sheikh Mohammed said "Thank you" via twitter to all participants: "I would like to thank everyone who interacted with our call to show our appreciation for the general labor employees & their services. We have seen numerous photos during the past few days that have given us much comfort & happiness. We knew our society will react positively. We saw photos of families, individuals & institutions. Even children joined our call.. truly they are the seeds of goodness in our society. I hope our message reaches all the workers.. that our society really appreciates their efforts in providing us the basic services we need. "

Last edited:
HH Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler Dubai ,, Attend The Celebration of the anniversary of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the reins of power in the emirate of Dubai ,,,, Under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum ,, And It is the first mass wedding in 2013 and comprises 64 groom.

Pics
http://cdn1.albayan.ae/polopoly_fs/1.1797505.1357334821!/image/2973283426.jpg
http://cdn1.albayan.ae/polopoly_fs/1.1797506.1357334821!/image/3390606160.jpg

Article
مكتوم بن Ù…Ø*مد يشهد العرس الجماعي الأول في 2013 - البيان

Right. I think, she has a broken rib and not a broken back. With broken ribs you can walking and do all, but you have a lot of pain with each movement. I had broken three of mine six years before and still remember. If her back (spine) is broken, she would never walk for the rest of her life. Alhamdulillah (Thanks God) is it not that.

Maby shes broke/hurt some disks in her back and so says "broke her back". You can still walk but sometimes needs surgry. Hope its not serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom