Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 7; Aug 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
150px-Belgium_coa.png

Welcome to the 7th thread for Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family's News and Events. You can find the previous thread here.

Please post current news and pictures only of Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and Family in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Prince Laurent and his family visited Père Guy Gilbert in Southern France, as they do every year on 15th August, and attended a mass
https://soirmag.lesoir.be/531257/ar...-et-sa-famille-rendent-visite-au-pere-gilbert
In this week's issue of Le Soir Mag there's also an interview to Laurent and Claire (who according to the magazine spent some time on holiday with Albert and Paola, maybe in Grasse?) about their children. I can read only the beginning as the rest is behind a paywall
https://soirmag.lesoir.be/531113/ar...t-la-princesse-claire-racontent-leurs-enfants

Prince Laurent and his family visited Père Guy Gilbert in Southern France, as they do every year on 15th August, and attended a mass
https://soirmag.lesoir.be/531257/ar...-et-sa-famille-rendent-visite-au-pere-gilbert
In this week's issue of Le Soir Mag there's also an interview to Laurent and Claire (who according to the magazine spent some time on holiday with Albert and Paola, maybe in Grasse?) about their children. I can read only the beginning as the rest is behind a paywall
https://soirmag.lesoir.be/531113/ar...t-la-princesse-claire-racontent-leurs-enfants

They went to the feast of the Assumption of Mary, which is a Holy Day of Obligation, that's why they particularly chose this date to go every year, it's the biggest Catholic feast during the summer.

Last edited:
Princess Claire talked about her children in Soirmag.

Louise:
-has finished her first year at university in Maastricht (The Netherlands) in Liberal Arts.
-she plays the piano and love all types of music. After visiting Tomorrowland, she takes some lessons to learn how to mix as a DJ.

Nicolas:
-loves mathematics and informatics, maybe his choice for the future studies.
-he loves coding and he created his own video games with his friends.
-Nicolas and his twin brother have still one year at secondary school to complete before university.
-he's a fan of submarines and aeronautics.
-he practices powertraining (intensive body workout)

Aymeric:
-he's a fan of sport cars
-he practices golf and he's a member of the golf club of Tervuren
-at school he likes sciences. Laurent thinks Aymeric will join a business school or a management school. He thinks his son will be a good commercial agent.
-like Nicolas, he is very passionate about football and watch a lot of footbal games.
-during summer, he helped a friend's father in his ice cream shop near Cannes. He took public transport everyday to go to work in this shop.

We knew she studied at the University of Maastricht in all freedom . She may be happy. With our two languages Universities it is better for our Princes to study abroad..
She studied at the Lycée Français and now in Dutch . She must be good in languages.

Princess Claire talked about her children in Soirmag.

Louise:
-has finished her first year at university in Maastricht (The Netherlands) in Liberal Arts.
-she plays the piano and love all types of music. After visiting Tomorrowland, she takes some lessons to learn how to mix as a DJ.

Nicolas:
-loves mathematics and informatics, maybe his choice for the future studies.
-he loves coding and he created his own video games with his friends.
-Nicolas and his twin brother have still one year at secondary school to complete before university.
-he's a fan of submarines and aeronautics.
-he practices powertraining (intensive body workout)

Aymeric:
-he's a fan of sport cars
-he practices golf and he's a member of the golf club of Tervuren
-at school he likes sciences. Laurent thinks Aymeric will join a business school or a management school. He thinks his son will be a good commercial agent.
-like Nicolas, he is very passionate about football and watch a lot of footbal games.
-during summer, he helped a friend's father in his ice cream shop near Cannes. He took public transport everyday to go to work in this shop.
Thanks for sharing! I was curious about it but I couldn't read the whole article. It's nice to hear something more about Laurent and Claire's children. Good to know both boys seem to be interested in sciences and are considering future studies in that sector. I wonder whether they'll go straight to university after finishing their secondary education, like their sister, or will do some military training, like their cousins (also Astrid's sons) did

We knew she studied at the University of Maastricht in all freedom . She may be happy. With our two languages Universities it is better for our Princes to study abroad..
She studied at the Lycée Français and now in Dutch . She must be good in languages.

As Somebody points out, the study will be in English. The University of Maasstricht is rather international, though many studies have [partly] switched to English as more and more studies participate that come from abroad. The princess can indeed practice her Dutch in her daily life of course. Maastricht is a lovely city.

Thanks for the update Royalisticious, much appreciated. And nice that the prince and princess shared some tidbits with us.

Claire is an asset to the family. Wish we could see more of her.

Today, October 26, "as part of the Queen Paola Prize for Teaching 2023" Princess Claire on behalf of Queen Paola visited the "'Léon in de klas' project of the Cardijn school in Anderlecht and the non-profit association Leon. This project won the second Queen Paola Prize for the Flemish Community":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** instagram gallery **

Last edited:
Today, October 26, "as part of the Queen Paola Prize for Teaching 2023" Princess Claire on behalf of Queen Paola visited the "'Léon in de klas' project of the Cardijn school in Anderlecht and the non-profit association Leon. This project won the second Queen Paola Prize for the Flemish Community":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** instagram gallery **
Nice pictures. Claire always comes across as a very likeable woman, it's great that in the last few months she's had some engagements for the Queen Paola Fondation, on behalf of her mother-in-law

She really shined at this engagement. It was good to see her out and about!

Today, December 5, Prince Laurent visited the Libeert chocolate factory in Komen (Comines) to mark the company's 100th anniversary and to inaugurate a new packaging line:

** gtresnews gallery ** rex gallery **

Princess Claire visited the secondary school "Athénée royal Air pur of Seraing" in Seraing today, December 19, for the presentation of their programme against bullying at school:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last Friday in St.Gilles, Princess Claire attended the rehearsals of the "Chorales Equinox", a choir created thanks to a non-profit organization promoting music as a tool for social inclusion. A few pictures were shared by the Queen Paola Foundation, which supports this project (Princess Claire is currently the Vice-President of the Foundation):

https://sk-fr-paola.be/la-princesse-claire-invitee-surprise-a-la-repetition-de-la-chorale-equinox/

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2KgJi6tdlD/?igsh=MTRtN2Y4ZTdkcG9qcA==

An article by Le Soir Mag about Princess Claire, who turns 50 tommorow:

https://soirmag.lesoir.be/561665/article/2024-01-17/claire-50-ans-et-un-nouveau-job

https://archive.vn/QuULa

As I pointed out in my previous post, she's recently become the Vice-President of the Queen Paola Foundation. She was invested with her new role a few days ago during a videocall with her mother-in-law (Paola and Albert are currently in Grasse, according to the article), who says that Claire is "amazing" and she's happy she's representing her more and more in official activities related to the Foundation. Princess Claire also gave an interview to Alix Battard for the program "Place Royale", which will come back on RTL-Tvi this weekend, after several years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully there will be a family celebration for Princess Claire's 50th!

During two weeks we had on TV Prince Laurent's life. I will write nothing about this because it is unrespectful for his Children.

The interview about his wife in sudpresse quickly turned to his own situation. Wim Dehandschutter shares some parts on twitter:

Belgian Prince Laurent, 60, believes he has been boycotted.

�� “My whole life has been about being the hinge between the archaic system of my family and modern life”, the brother of King Philippe says.

�� “I don’t know any prince who has been boycotted like me [to live his own life]. The brother of Dutch King Willem-Alexander and son of former Queen Beatrix [Constantijn] is brilliant. He studied and he has never been boycotted like me. He had no problem.”

�� “My sister [Princess Astrid] married a man of good breeding [Lorenz from Habsburg]. I should have married a billionaire. But I don’t like money and I married someone I loved.”

According to the Gazet van Antwerpen the prince also complains about the fact that his wife does not receive any social security: "It seems that I am never satisfied and am always having problems, but I want to make clear that I am fighting for essential values".

https://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20240117_92982867

Main problem seems to be that the government does not allow him to work for the "work instrument' that he had created (which among others led the failed reforestation project in Libia). 'If I had been able to give my wife a job there, she would have received an income with which she would have been able to lead a decent life when I am not around anymore'.

Last edited:
Oh will Prince Laurent ever grow up and has to turn everything into about him and constantly sniping at his family.
What a silly self absorbed buffoon of a Prince.

Princess Claire also gave an interview to Alix Battard for the program "Place Royale", which will come back on RTL-Tvi this weekend, after several years.

Here's a video from Claire's interview on the occasion of her 50th birthday:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/4VzBddAmxSFYY1bA/

Princess Claire says she's glad that her mother-in-law gave her a role and a responsibility within her foundation, and looks forward to doing more for it. She's filmed during a visit to an association promoting music among vulnerable young people.
They also show a nice moment from a videocall between Claire and Paola, who says that her daughter-in-law is "amazing" ("géniale")

Here's a video from Claire's interview on the occasion of her 50th birthday:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/4VzBddAmxSFYY1bA/

Princess Claire says she's glad that her mother-in-law gave her a role and a responsibility within her foundation, and looks forward to doing more for it. She's filmed during a visit to an association promoting music among vulnerable young people.
They also show a nice moment from a videocall between Claire and Paola, who says that her daughter-in-law is "amazing" ("géniale")

Thanks for sharing. Claire is a formidable woman, hopefully we'll see more of her. Queen Paola is clearly very fond of her! :flowers:

Nice to see her in that video, such a likeable person, she is much loved here in Belgium.

Back
Top Bottom