Royal predictions for 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stories, completely fabricated, about Meghan and Harry not living together at Frogmore Cottage and their being on the verge of separation and divorce, have been around on anti-Meghan websites on the Internet, Tumblr sites etc for months now.
So hardly surprising that they pop up here as 'predictions'.

My predictions for 2021/2022 is that the Sussexes will still be together, with another baby born in 2020 and as happy together as they have always been.

I think you are right. My guess is that H&M will be together for another few years.

Troubles for the Royal Houses of Great Britain and Norway , they did not deserve.

I don’t have any predictions. I just have hope. I just have the British royal family work harder on being a united royal family in 2020. Something we didn’t see in 2019.

UK
Second pregnancy for Harry & Meghan - A daughter Elizabeth Doria Frances
Gabriella & Tom announce a pregnancy - A daughter Marina Christina Alexandra
Eugenie & Jack have a son - Phillip Ronald Andrew
Kate & William welcome a second daughter Victoria Elizabeth Diana

So you think the Sussexes will go for 3 names for their next child even though Archie only has two names? It's possible, they're definitely full of surprises like when they refused to name godparents against CoE rules.

If the Cambridges have a second daughter I wouldn't expect for her to have the exact same two middle names as Charlotte.

As for Eugenie, I think she would use Philip with one "L" like her grandfather. Now Zara might use two "L"s since her maiden name was Phillips.

UK

> Harry & Meghan continue to have a difficult relationship with the British media, and continue to focus their efforts on the North American media, celebrities and the like. They appear less and less with the BRF, and relations continue to deteriorate. Another pregnancy announcement for Meghan

I do not believe this will happen to the Dukes of Sussex. They will continue to appear with the BRF and work for the Monarchy.

*I think we'll definitely see rumors of marital discord for one or more of the Queen's grandchildren, though not for Zara/Mike, the Cambridges, or Eugenie/Jack.

Are you predicting the split of Autum and Peter Philips?? I would never have thought so, they look so happy with their two little girls...

Are you predicting the split of Autum and Peter Philips?? I would never have thought so, they look so happy with their two little girls...

I don't think so either. Peter and Autumn seem to be happy with their girls.
I think all of the Queen's grandchildren are happy with the people they chose.

Statistically speaking there will be divorce(s) amongst the Queen's six adult grandchildren. So as happy as any of them seem, no one is being a grinch for predicting marriage troubles in the future. It's just realistic for 2-4 of the 6 couples. Especially since all 6 comes from divorced parents.

Last edited:
Parents are divorced, but that does not mean that their children will divorce.
I do not believe that Peter and Autumn, William and Catherine and Zara and Mike will ever get divorced. They look like very well-settled couples.

I can't make predictions for the York sisters. Especially because I still know little of Beatrice's fiancé.
But I don't believe in a divorce from Eugenie and Jack.

I believe in a divorce from Harry and Meghan in a few years. I think Meghan won't be able to handle it until the end.

However I may be mistaken. Fate is unpredictable.

Last edited:
Japan
> The new Emperor and Empress make a great start to their reign

> There is increasing talk of changing laws of succession to allow a female monarch, but the process ends up taking a few years. The Crown Prince is not happy!

Out of curiosity, is it your prediction that the Crown Prince would be unhappy with talks on succession, or that he would be unhappy if the talks took a few years to complete?

I gently caressed my crystal ball on a full moon. And it foretold;
A, - Princess Eugenie will give birth towards the end of 2020.
B,- Princess Sofia of Sweden will be pregnant.
C,- The Duchess of Cambridge will not be having another baby.
D, - Dear Prince Philip will suffer many health issues such as a fall.
E,- Prince Andrew gets a job at McDonalds.... oh excuse me a cloud must have passed over my full moon. Scratch that. No he will get a plum job like a directorship on a board of some big company earning lots of money.
F, - Queen Jetsun of Bhutan will give birth sometime in 2020. The crystal ball is still a little cloudy so I cannot say when.
G,- I hate to say this but my Dear Queen Margrethe of Denmark may have some health issues leaving Crown Prince Frederik as Regent while she recovers. And Her gracious Majesty does recover.
H,- The lovely effervescent King Constantine 11 of Greece, will also have a bad year due to ill health.

Japan
- Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako travel abroad for a state visit
- Princess Aiko appears at more events, maybe a solo event
- Emperor Naruhito's family moves to the Imperial Residence by end of year
- Empress Emerita Michiko's health improves
- Princess Mako reaffirms her intent to marry Kei Komuro. However, no formal betrothal or wedding until he finishes the law program (in 2021?)
- Weekly magazines continue negative coverage of the Akishino family
- Weekly magazines continue positive coverage of Empress Masako
- Princesses Mako and Kako are assigned official visits
- Princess Kako is assigned several patronages
- Princess Kako attends garden party for the first time
- Prince Hisahito appears at more events
- Engagement for Princess Tsuguko
- Government continues to drag its feet on succession

Luxembourg
- PR campaign to improve GD Maria Teresa's image
- Boy for HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie
- If there's a state visit while HGD Stephanie's on maternity leave, Princess Claire or Princess Alexandra will step in
- Engagement for Princess Alexandra or Prince Sebastien
- Tessy's book is NOT about the GDF...because the GDF quietly paid her/reached another settlement
- Cour's personnel problems are solved (or stabilizes at least)

Last edited:
Troubles for the Royal Houses of Great Britain and Norway , they did not deserve.

Wow Maria Olivia, I wonder why you thought of Norway. In view of poor Ari Behns passing. The ex husband of Princess Martha Louise.

Denmark:
- Huge bash for QMII's 80th feat. an abundance of international royals. (Obviously) no abdication.
- Christian will be confirmed on 9 May. He'll return the favour and invite Ingrid Alexandra.
- Frederik and Mary will try to gather some of their European colleagues for a stay at Gråsten this summer (100% wishful thinking on my part :cool:)
- Joachim and Marie will not stay abroad. Deep down I think they'd like to but they also don't wanna face what would be a major discussion of their allowance if they did. Won't increase their engagement count either.
- Mary will accompany QMII on a state visit or "just" an official visit.
- Success for Nathalie at the Olympics with the national dressage team of which she is the head coach.

Japan:
- Little talk of changes to the primogeniture but nothing will come of it.

Luxembourg:
- A daughter named Joséphine for Guillaume and Stéphanie.
- Third pregnancy for Félix and Claire. A boy born in late 2020 or early 2021.

Norway:
- We'll see Ingrid Alexandra accompany Haakon and her grandparents on much more engagements going forward.

Sweden:
- Third pregnancy for the CP and Sofia. A girl named Ingrid born in 2021.

UK:
- Absolutely no changes to the regency. Charles will be increasingly more visible – also by HM's side – but like QMII, HM will stay on her branch until she falls off.
- Philip will power through and live his best life for another year. Gotta make it to that 100th birthday!
- Second pregnancy for Harry and Meghan. A girl named Evie born in late 2020.
- Speaking of the Sussexes, they (let's be real, primarily Meghan – I wonder why :whistling:) will continue to be the British media's favourite punching bags – fuelled further by the fact that they'll win their lawsuit.
- Possibly also another pregnancy for William and Kate. A boy named Arthur born in 2021.
- Gonna be bold and predict a wedding for Beatrice of similar scale as Eugenie's. Andrew and Fergie have shown zero (0) signs of being the type of people who can take a hint.
- First pregnancy for Gabriella and her lad. A boy born sometime in 2020.

- Märtha Louise of Norway & her boyfriend split up.
- A new pregnancy for princess Sofia of Sweden, princess Eugenie and duchess of Sussex.
- Princess Beatrice gets married in just as grand a style as her sister did. Prince Andrew leads her to the altar.
- Duke & duchess of Sussex withdraw further from standard royal activities and go their own way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luxembourg/Liechtenstein/Austria

Engagement of Princess Marie-Astrid and Rafe Worthington

They are already engaged.

Belgium:
Engagement of Princess Maria-Laura & Alexis Warren

That's not very likely as Alixis de Warren got married to Alexa Hirschfeld a few months ago. Laura was among the guests.

That's not very likely as Alixis de Warren got married to Alexa Hirschfeld a few months ago. Laura was among the guests.

Thank you, is there any information to substantiate or disprove the rumors last year of a relationship between Princess Maria Laura and a different Frenchman?

Denmark:
- Huge bash for QMII's 80th feat. an abundance of international royals. (Obviously) no abdication.
- Christian will be confirmed on 9 May. He'll return the favour and invite Ingrid Alexandra.
- Frederik and Mary will try to gather some of their European colleagues for a stay at Gråsten this summer (100% wishful thinking on my part :cool:)
- Joachim and Marie will not stay abroad. Deep down I think they'd like to but they also don't wanna face what would be a major discussion of their allowance if they did. Won't increase their engagement count either.
- Mary will accompany QMII on a state visit or "just" an official visit.
- Success for Nathalie at the Olympics with the national dressage team of which she is the head coach.

Japan:
- Little talk of changes to the primogeniture but nothing will come of it.

Luxembourg:
- A daughter named Joséphine for Guillaume and Stéphanie.
- Third pregnancy for Félix and Claire. A boy born in late 2020 or early 2021.

Norway:
- We'll see Ingrid Alexandra accompany Haakon and her grandparents on much more engagements going forward.

Sweden:
- Third pregnancy for the CP and Sofia. A girl named Ingrid born in 2021.

UK:
- Absolutely no changes to the regency. Charles will be increasingly more visible – also by HM's side – but like QMII, HM will stay on her branch until she falls off.
- Philip will power through and live his best life for another year. Gotta make it to that 100th birthday!
- Second pregnancy for Harry and Meghan. A girl named Evie born in late 2020.
- Possibly also another pregnancy for William and Kate. A boy named Arthur born in 2021.
- Gonna be bold and predict a wedding for Beatrice of similar scale as Eugenie's. Andrew and Fergie have shown zero (0) signs of being the type of people who can take a hint.

- First pregnancy for Gabriella and her lad. A boy born sometime in 2020.

The Cambridges already have a nephew named Arthur. I think them naming a third son Arthur would be as likely as them naming their son Archie/Archibald.

As for the Yorks, they aren't completely obtuse. Already Bea and Edo haven't given an engagement interview like Eugenie and Jack did. And Andrew didn't attend her engagement party. Also Andrew didn't do the big family walk at the second morning service on Christmas. So while they still may have a large scale wedding, they have taken some hints. A lot will depend on what The Queen says. She told Eugenie to marry at St. George's, we'll see what she'll request from Beatrice.

Last edited:
Twins in Luxembourg......

That would be good news!

I also believe that next time there will be an engagement announcement from Princess Alexandra or Prince Sebastien or one of their cousins.

Add me to the posters predicting a lavish-if private-wedding for Beatrice and Edo. I just can't make myself imagine some furtive little affair for them. I mean...if the taxpayers are not funding it, why can't it be as grand as they like?

I predict a quiet religious ceremony in England to accommodate her elderly grandparents, followed by a star studded blowout on the Continent, possibly the Villa Mapelli-Mozzi in Bergamo.

Either way, the Yorks firstborn will have her big wedding.:whistling:

Japan
- Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako travel abroad for a state visit
- Princess Aiko appears at more events, maybe a solo event
- Emperor Naruhito's family moves to the Imperial Residence by end of year
- Empress Emerita Michiko's health improves
- Princess Mako reaffirms her intent to marry Kei Komuro. However, no formal betrothal or wedding until he finishes the law program (in 2021?)
- Weekly magazines continue negative coverage of the Akishino family
- Weekly magazines continue positive coverage of Empress Masako
- Princesses Mako and Kako are assigned official visits
- Princess Kako is assigned several patronages
- Princess Kako attends garden party for the first time
- Prince Hisahito appears at more events
- Engagement for Princess Tsuguko
- Government continues to drag its feet on succession

I hadn't realized that Princess Kako hadn't yet attended a garden party, and agree that it is about time. Did the other members of the Imperial Family have to wait until age 25 or later?

- Speaking of the Sussexes, they (let's be real, primarily Meghan – I wonder why :whistling:) will continue to be the British media's favourite punching bags – fuelled further by the fact that they'll win their lawsuit.

Given the continuing investigation into Jeffrey Epstein, I am very certain it will continue to be the Duke of York for the foreseeable future.

Twins in Luxembourg......

At the time of the pregnancy announcement the Hereditary Grand Duchess gave a comment to the media referring to the "three" of them.

Last edited:
UK

Queen will not abdicate (don't think ever will). May slow down a bit.

Charles and Camilla step up in more official roles.

William and Kate will add no more children. Their focus will remain on their three. They will travel little as the focus will be on them as the future Wales

Meghan and Harry will announce second pregnancy by summer, a baby due early 2021. Would love sister and second granddaughter for Charles but suspect a boy.

Eugenie and Jack announce pregnancy late spring early summer. Again think will be year for boys. I could see a little Philip finally. Middle name at least. If girl, Elizabeth. I always thought Eugenie most likely if the grandkids to use one of these as a first name.

Wedding late June for Beatrice and Edo. Size wise same as Eugenie, her and Edo have tons of friends and family. St George like her sister with receptions by the queen and a Royal lodge. No public inside castle grounds. Perhaps a small carriage inside grounds like Peter. Only official photos released by palace after the wedding. Slim chance of some photos of arrivals or video by a selected photographer not the media. This will not be some tiny practically elope wedding. The queen will not punish Beatrice for her dad.

Pregnancy announcement and possibly late winter baby for Gabriella.

Harry and Meghan will continue traveling more. Their role with the commonwealth will be emphasized. It will be clear that the focus of Cambridges will be home front and Sussexes abroad in the future. Not private citizens, charity work and royal tours abroad are the work of royals.

Retirement of the queen's cousins looms with age.

Philip health continues deteriorate and concern for funeral.

Norway

Funeral of Ari Behn. Will see ML and her girls more in Norway for family support.

See less of MM as her health sadly continues to go down.

IA will be seen with her dad at some events when school allows

Sweden

Not sure there will be any more grandchildren. I think the announcement of titles was made this year as it was the end of planned grandkids.

If there is a grandchild born, a third son for CP and Sofia end of the year.

Luxembourg

Guillaume and Stephanie welcome baby late May. Think son Prince jean will be welcomed. Holding out hope for little Princess Marie-Alix.

Louis will be seen more with Scarlett as things become more official.

Possibly public relationship for Sebastian or Alexandra though Lux are you'd at keeping theirs low key.

Bhutan

The king and queen welcome second baby late February early March. Year of boys hits again I think. No guess on name.

Japan

End of Mako engagement debate- either wedding by fall or official end
More call for female inheritance or through female line
Aiko starts college in April and we may see her a few solo events

Belgium
Delphine is officially aknowledged

More concerns for the health of Albert

Will not see Elisabeth taking on duties. Have made it clear focus is her education. Debate on which university she will attend, returning to Belgium. She will accompany her parents to some events and we may see her at a state banquet but emphasis on her education.

Spain

We will see more of Leonor, not just at the Asturius awards.

JC health continues to fail

Denmark

No abdication but Mary and Fred continue to increase duties

Joachim and Marie return from France and pick up some slack more

Christian accompany his parents a bit more.

Netherlands

A few appearances for CA but continued emphasis on education.

Monaco

Less appearances by Charlene will lead to more rumors of divorce.

Think possible new grandchild from Caroline. Not sure Charlotte or Beatrice.

Possible grandson from Louis for Stephanie.

Dubai

Mo and Haya divorce even more dirty. Rumors spread that he tries to kidnap his children. Think primary custody will be granted to Haya.

Not necessarily. I think we'll certainly see rumors regarding a split between Autumn/Peter, Meghan/Harry, or Bea/Edo. I have my doubts about Bea/Edo unless the wedding date is pushed back, in which case it might be them that we hear the rumors about. I think we'll more than likely see rumors around Autumn/Peter or Meghan/Harry. Frankly, if it's Autumn/Peter, I'd say there won't be much to the rumors. If it's Meghan/Harry I think it could go either way whether there's truth there or not.

Statistically speaking a split is bound to happen for at least a couple of the Queen's grandchildren. If I had to place a bet I'd bet that it won't be Autumn/Peter but stranger things have happened and I feel like things have been too quiet for too long for there not to be some waves around a marriage/relationship in the BRF.

The reason most of the queens kids got divorced? Pressure for a certain kind of marriage back then. Sophie and Edward married later and love. Same why Charles and Anne second marriages work. Andrew and Sarah were a great match just crumbled due to pressure but still together not married.

The queens grandkids actually married for love and by choice. Some people think short engagement means more trouble. Honestly no. If William at 21 married someone he knew for a year perhaps. But in thirties you know what you are looking for and not just dating for fun any more.

Beatrice is like Harry. Not only age but she has also known Edo for years. She realized what was missing with Dave and found it with Edo.

I actually think Harry and Beatrice like Edward have a better chance at making it. It is often said you date someone so long that you get to a point you either commit or break up. The other couples you have to wonder if they married as it was expected of them not because they really wanted that step.

To be fair, if we are going to have a predictions page surely people must be allowed to predict what they think? Fair enough causing upset with anything too ridiculous or upsetting but predicting marriage trouble isn't the end of the world IMO, no doubt every marriage goes through ups and downs.

I' safely predicting we will see a big party for Queen Margrethe's 80th - tiaras and all!

My prediction is one of hope. I hope everyone has a safe and happy 2020 and that we all continue to be here to discuss, debate, contradict, learn, joke around, learn new things and enjoy each other in this global community we have until I make this prediction again for 2021. :D

UK Predictions

1. The Queen continues to scale back her day to day duties, but no regency takes place, while Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William and Kate continue to take on increasing responsibility and visibility, with Princess Anne, Prince Edward and Sophie promoted by the British media to show their actual value and contribution.

2. First pregnancy for Princess Eugenie and Jack: a girl.

3. Second pregnancy for the Sussexes: a boy.

4. First pregnancy for Lady Ella and Tom: a boy.

5. The Gloucesters and Kents continue to scale back, Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra retire completely.

6. Princess Beatrice and Edo marry at St. George's in the summertime.

7. Prince Andrew maintains a very low profile and does not take part in Trooping the Colour and his public role in the royal family is essentially extinguished. He and Fergie remarry in the autumn with their daughters by their side.

I actually predict another BRF scandal will happen and it won’t be about Andrew or the Sussexes.

Given the continuing investigation into Jeffrey Epstein, I am very certain it will continue to be the Duke of York for the foreseeable future.

Um. Not sure I agree with you there. Yes, there's been extensive coverage (and rightful criticism) of the mess he's put himself into. That doesn't make him a punching bag. None of the coverage has been unreasonable, he's just being held responsible for his action. With Harry and Meghan, the British press has been bordering the line to defamation for a long time now by breaking their backs trying to find fault in literally everything they do.

As for the Yorks, they aren't completely obtuse. Already Bea and Edo haven't given an engagement interview like Eugenie and Jack did. And Andrew didn't attend her engagement party. Also Andrew didn't do the big family walk at the second morning service on Christmas. So while they still may have a large scale wedding, they have taken some hints. A lot will depend on what The Queen says. She told Eugenie to marry at St. George's, we'll see what she'll request from Beatrice.

Don't know if I'd define the above as them "taking hints". To me, it seems to have more to do with a fear that by doing the engagement interview or walking with the family at Christmas, they'd be asked uncomfortable questions or feel people's outrage firsthand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom