Royal Ascot 3: 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So happy to see Beatrice and Edo riding with the Wales. Nice demonstration of friendly relationships within the family.

Both Catherine and Beatrice look fabulous.

It was nice to see them riding in together. That’s a rare grouping. Both ladies do look great.

Also- very happy for Charles that his horse won yesterday.

I usually don't pay much attention to Ascot but it was great to see the Mapelli Mozzis in the second carriage with the Wales.

The increasing visibility of this elegant young couple within the BRF makes me happy. ;)

Lovely also that the Duchess of Edinburgh's father accompanied her to Ascot today. We see/hear so much of the Middletons, inevitably given the positions of their son-in-law and eldest grandson. It's just nice to see other in-laws as well.

Indeed really nice - I just wonder why he didn't ride in a carriage with his daughter while the Middletons did so in the past. Today Sophie is back in a carriage...

Indeed really nice - I just wonder why he didn't ride in a carriage with his daughter while the Middletons did so in the past. Today Sophie is back in a carriage...

Christopher Rhys-Jones has definitely been in a carriage a few times before. Perhaps he’s a bit too frail lately to ride in the carriages now so prefers to attend when Sophie isn’t in the carriage.

Lovely to see Kate there and I adored her outfit. I also thoroughly enjoy the relationship she appears to have with Sophie - loved the photos of them holdings hands as Sophie had clearly won money. Very nice to see them together. She’s basically a sister in law of sorts to Kate even if she’s technically a different generation.

I am someone disappointed we have yet to see Lady Louise attend Ascot. I do hope she attends at some point in the future.

It would be grand to see Lady Louise attend Royal Ascot. She definitely has an interest in horses.

I am delighted that Dame Judi Dench was in the carriage procession because Dame Judi earned her position and did not inherit it or marry it.

Some of those Royal ladies who married it, have well and truly earned it by now, IMO.

How and why would someone need to "earn the right" to ride in a carriage at Ascot?

You ride in a carriage if you are a member of the Royal family, or have been invited by said member.

It's not so much a right as a privilege, same as living in grand residences and wearing historic jewels.:cool::whistling:

The final day has started:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Today's carriage list for the Royal Procession.

1st Carriage
The King
The Queen
The Earl of Caledon
The Countess of Caledon

2nd Carriage
The Lord Frederick Windsor
The Lady Frederick Windsor
Princess Zahra Aga Khan
Lady Weatherby

3rd Carriage
The Lady Gabriella Kingston
Mr. Thomas Kingston
Mr. Andrew Balding
Mrs. Andrew Balding

4th Carriage
Mr. Lanfranco Dettori
Mrs. Lanfranco Dettori
Mr. Jamie Snowden
Mrs. Jamie Snowden

source

Lovely to see Prince and Princess Michael's children being honoured in the carriage procession this year as were their parents.

Also lovely to see the Detorris' given this is Frankie last Ascot ... and he is having a wonderful meet winning the Gold Cup and kissing Camilla when she and Charles presented him with that trophy as well as getting his 80th Ascot winner yesterday. I am sure he will love seeing Ascot from this perspective rather than his normal one.

So much for the "KIng Charles s not a family man" yadi yadi yada and the moanings with the TTC bacony scene. He obviously is and the links with the extended members of the BRF seem pretty close with that.

I'm thrilled Charles' horse won, it's nice to see the family join together

Back
Top Bottom