Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well said, Odette. Are those rubbish writers ever ashamed of themselves? As if it was their right to publish rubbish about people.

Last edited:
The only one I know of so far who took magazines to court and won was Princess Caroline. She won settlements simply for "invasion of privacy" I suppose these laws do not exist outside France or the courts would be so busy!!!!!!!!!!

I find it really odd that these ding dongs at the press can publish mags and sell rumours and innuendo that may harm someone. If Marie is trying to get her new life in order, her wardrobe up to snuff, the protocol rules down pat, her knowledge in Danish a bit more advanced............the last thing she needs is reading that trash.
You are so right. The press is really losing my respect.

Oh I live in the USA, the media has lost my respect a long long time ago.........and I am not referring to the supermarket tabloids only...........LOL

It looks to me like the picture is taken of Joachim and Mary dancing. It seems to have been taken at the festivities after the Royal Guardsmen Anniversary Parades. Photographers are very adept at cropping innocent pictures and making them look incriminating. Too bad there are far too many people who will believe what the press decides they want them to see.
I remember when Jo and Alex announced their seperation, there was a magazine who showed a picture of Joachim with a pint of beer, obviously enjoying himself, incriminating that his drinking and hanging out with girls in bars was the cause of his divorce, and afterwoods we found out that the picture was cropped off, and it was taken on an occasion when alex was actually with him at a party or bar. So there goes... You can't trust a picture anymore...

I do not want to get off the subject of the relationships in the DRF but I do not even trust the meteorologists, let alone the rest of the media reps. Everyone has an agenda and they have to push whatever sells, regardless of who they hurt..

Well said, Odette. Are those rubbish writers ever ashamed of themselves? As if it was their right to publish rubbish about people.
Considering how much attention it gets on these sites - and we are after all above reading that trash - it is no surprise the widespread attention it gets elsewhere as well.

I do not think we are above reading the trash, Lord knows we are interested at what everyone says. However we (hopefully) can distinguish between bad trash and good trash........LOL

I do not think we are above reading the trash, Lord knows we are interested at what everyone says. However we (hopefully) can distinguish between bad trash and good trash........LOL
The only way to get rid of trash is to stop reading it. We could start on these sites to ignore it. It may also up the quality of some of the discussions.

The only way to get rid of trash is to stop reading it. We could start on these sites to ignore it. It may also up the quality of some of the discussions.

I don't know if many of us have read those magazines, but only seen some front pages or pics published on these forums. I think most of us are commenting upon the subject about which we have read only here.

Before we all get too excited about those "terrible magazines" lets not forget that royal palaces all over Europe use the very same magazines for their spin! Svensk damtidning is a very dear visitor to the palace in Stockholm, so lets not be fooled here. The relationship works both ways, but you can't always control the beast, can you? As for Prince Joachim. He is not an alchoholic and he is not in love with his sister-in-law. Trust me!

I for one only ignore the trash about people I have no interest in reading about.
I make no promises about those I somehow care for.........

Before we all get too excited about those "terrible magazines" lets not forget that royal palaces all over Europe use the very same magazines for their spin! Svensk damtidning is a very dear visitor to the palace in Stockholm, so lets not be fooled here. The relationship works both ways, but you can't always control the beast, can you? As for Prince Joachim. He is not an alchoholic and he is not in love with his sister-in-law. Trust me!

There is no doubt about the fact that all public figures manipulate the press and the press obliges.....It is benefiting both sides and we only get the preferred version.
Glad to hear P J is not an alcoholic. I just wish he could smoke less since he is aging so fast..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn it ! It was such a good story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Everybody in the DRF is in love with somebody else then the one they married - including those outside the DRF. Martin Jørgensen for example, is in love with the Queen who is in love with the danish prime minister. He is in love with Alexandra who happens to be in love with Frederik. Nasty business!
Good to see such a loved up country :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Both look darn good in the picture and seem to be enjoying themselves.
But does he love her? Is she in love with Fred? Is Fred in love with the Chambermaid or is she just a smokescreen to hide his unrequited love for his sister-in-law Marie's second cousin twice removed?

Tune in next week for another thrilling episode of "Jealous Throbs the Heart" by Fiona Snipeberry! A passionate tale of Lust in the Dust in Denmark! :whistling::ROFLMAO:

But does he love her? Is she in love with Fred? Is Fred in love with the Chambermaid or is she just a smokescreen to hide his unrequited love for his sister-in-law Marie's second cousin twice removed?

Tune in next week for another thrilling episode of "Jealous Throbs the Heart" by Fiona Snipeberry! A passionate tale of Lust in the Dust in Denmark! :whistling::ROFLMAO:
And don't forget our dear Countess Alexandra in this story! Is she behind it all or is she not...;););)

Here´s the photo of Joachim and Mary:
Svensk Damtidning

I don't think that photo has been photo-shopped, but I do believe that it was taken drastically out of context. That could be a dozen things other than showing the evidence of an "affair". they could have been kissing on the cheek, Mary could have been trying to get around Joachim and grabbed his arms to move around him, it may be loud and they are speaking in eachothers ears to hear eachother... My god the media are paranas (sp?). :bang:

Billed-Bladet has an interview with historian and author John Bloch Skippper. He says that Mary is a big supporter of Marie. She has helped Marie by giving her advice, and by sharing stories of her experiences during her first years in Denmark. Skipper states that the two princesses talk quite a bit to each other about their roles and life in a new place.
Billed-Bladet - Mary støtter Marie

The same author, John Bloch Skipper has also told Billed Bladet that Mary is the Queen's trump card. She has really settled into her role as a royal, and has been a positive influence on Frederik. The article states that the Queen has become more and more aware of this and has started to see the crown princess as a leading figure in the royal house.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/8/Mary er dronningens trumfkort.aspx

Last edited:
It's great to see that the 2 women like each other and that Mary can support and help Marie. It's certain that she's the one who can completely understands what Marie is going through!
Actually, we can see on several pics, that the 2 women have a good relationship, when they share family events together. There are pics while they're laughing or talking together...

Concerning the second article: In five years Mary has changed so much and has improved her royal style in the right way! she is a good princess for Denmark and she will be a good queen for her country. The queen must be glad about the crown prince couple!

If the article is true, and all the evidence (such as pictures) suggest so, then it is very nice of Mary to offer her support to Marie. :)
And I agree with Ccile: in the years since Mary's marriage to Frederik, she has certainly become a huge asset for the Danish Royal Family and fits perfectly with most people's idea of a Princess.

Thanks you for the articles, sgl! :flowers:

The first article sounds more like wishful thinking, as there are no real facts, just the expert's assumptions and suppositions.

I remember Mary's interview when the engagement was first announced. What struck me at the time was that she said she would never accept adultery at any cost. She went on to say that "others may but she would never accept it."
At the time of the engagement and after P Hendrick's outburst about the CP "cheapening: the monarchies by marrying commoners, came his interview where he said that Mary was not familiar with the Court and she could learn a lot from Alexandra.

When did Prince Henrik say this about Mary?

The article says that Prince Joachim is not in love for his wife but he is in love for Princess Mary, that's why he married a woman very much alike Princess Mary. While at the gala concert for the Livsgardet Prince Joachim drunk to much and kissed Princess Mary passionately on the lips and Mary smiled, while Princess Marie tried to be the most civilized she could, they don't mention if Prince Frederik saw it also or not. They also say there's a big rivalry between the two Princess and so Princess Mary enjoyed the kiss to take advantage on Marie, who is the favourite of Prince Henrik.
At the end they say that Countess Alexandra was madly in love with Prince Frederik, but he couldn't care less for her and so she married Prince Joachim.

Sounds interesting. Has anyone got a a link to that picture, the previous link doesn't work? :flowers:

Princess Mary looks great as usual. I have a question though do Mary and Marie get along well or is their conflict, I think Mary is having a boy and a girl

Princess Mary looks great as usual. I have a question though do Mary and Marie get along well or is their conflict, I think Mary is having a boy and a girl

By all accounts Mary and Marie seem to get along fine. They aren't best friends I'm sure, but then again, most sister in-laws aren't. They however seem to share an amiable relationship and Mary is godmother to the dashing little Prince Henrik :)

Carmen Jones their body language was a little strained in the very early days - but has relaxed a great deal since. I think that Mary, coming from a family without much money, was a little shy around Marie in case she was snobbish (Marie's background has some upper-crust connections, Mary's family has none, and Marie was for example already a skier etc, which contrasted with Mary's suburban experience) - but Marie is clearly very easy to get along with, and has looked after Mary socially. Despite appearances, it hasn't been easy for Mary to break into the wider royal circle. Now Marie and Mary are great allies and friends - though I have long sensed a bit of distance between Joachim and Mary. Perhaps Joachim is a bit of a snob.

According to themselves they do. And when you see them together they seem to chatting away happily, even to the point of almost forgetting everybody else around them. :lol: (The 350. anniversary of the Royal Lifeguard Regiment).
According to the fair Marie, Mary has been a good support in regards to our Marie setteling in her new life as Princess.
They, again according to themselves, don't see each other that much. For that matter, nor do Joachim and Frederik. Presumably due to different circles of friends, different interests and different schedules.
Joachim and Frederik had a period of a cool relationship after the divorce, for which Joachim took the blame (the portrait book about Frederik). Something I think highly of Joachim for doing, especially as he was certainly not having an easy time!

As for Mary not being readily accepted by the royal circle. Well, there has been no mentioning of that in the Danish press. The new and popular Crown Princess being snubbed by other royals, that would have been a great story in the Danish press! But I haven't seen such stories.

Joachim has a very aristocratic air about him, but by all accounts he doesn't appear to be a snob.
He is certainly not as "folksy" as Frederik is, who seem to pocess the enviable abillity to make people feel at ease in his company. While Joachim's more aristocratic demeanor, some would say more regal, may lead to people automatically keeping a distance?

Back
Top Bottom