Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the double post.

I don't think the 1990 birthday celebrations of Margrethe had two tiara events. Scanpix has two photos from a non-tiara dinner at the palace that they label as being from Daisy's birthday in 1990: Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

I have finally updated Silvia's tiaras on my tumblr and I have dated as many photos as I could. There are still a few that I don't have a date or event for.

6-Button Tiara
Baden Fringe Tiara
Braganza Tiara (Part 2)
Cameo Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3)
Connaught Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8)
Cut Steel Tiara
Edward VII Ruby Tiara
Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
Modern Fringe Tiara
Nine Prong Tiara (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) (Part 9)
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 2)

It seems you forgot this one of her wearing the Connaught tiara. According to the poster, this photo was taken in Finland in 1983.

Does anyone know anything about this necklace?
https://flic.kr/p/cRXKvu

So far I haven't found better photo of it, but obviously the person who took the photo writes about the visit at her blog (both at the blog and at Flickr she uses the name "mysmasken").
_tänker aldrig mer tvätta händerna_

The photo is taken at the state visit to Canada, at the March Center in Toronto on 26th October 2006.. A photo from Scanpix, look at her ring too.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100011T14333220521374953

Last edited:
:previous: :lol: So this shows that I'm concentrating too much on tiaras and know hardly anything about other jewels.

Queen Silvia's jewels at the wedding:

1 2 3

I'm glad she choose this amazing parure for this occasion. Very grand and regal.

Maybe the friday night is very dissapointig but the day of the wedding to her son is Fantastic to all.That tiara is oh my.

It seemed apparent she would wear the Leuctemberg, which is a very stunning tiara...

It seemed apparent she would wear the Leuctemberg, which is a very stunning tiara...

It's interesting that she did as she has never worn them to a wedding before
Yesterday. The "tv-experts" was almost sure that she would take the Nine prong tiara. Maybe she wanted to wear it before it was too late as it is probably a lot of years until next "tiara wedding"

It's interesting that she did as she has never worn them to a wedding before
Yesterday. The "tv-experts" was almost sure that she would take the Nine prong tiara. Maybe she wanted to wear it before it was too late as it is probably a lot of years until next "tiara wedding"

I am not a jewellery expert, but to me the queen made a logical decision: most important tiara for the heir's wedding, and th second in the line of importance for the second child's wedding...

Inferesting that she wore the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara yesterdaya without the mathcing necklace and paired it instead with a diamond rievier.
Perhaps it would be a good Idea the modify the necklace so that could it be worn without the drop pendants.

Her gown was cut out in an asymmetrical way. So maybe the sapphire necklace didn’t look good with it? I can imagine that this simpler and more streamlined diamond reviere looked better with it than the busier sapphires. Although it feels funny to call these stunning big diamonds ‘simple’, I just mean the design of course.

I am not a jewellery expert, but to me the queen made a logical decision: most important tiara for the heir's wedding, and th second in the line of importance for the second child's wedding...

Maybe she thought so too. But it was a perfect match with the dress. The Nine prong tiara would not have looked as good with that gown. The huge sapphire necklase would have been to much so i think it was a good choice to match the tiara with a diamond collet. Maybe she could have taken one of the sapphire drops from the huge necklase and attatch it to the diamond collet (instead of the Vasa pendant) to make it look more complete :)

Maybe she thought so too. But it was a perfect match with the dress. The Nine prong tiara would not have looked as good with that gown. The huge sapphire necklase would have been to much so i think it was a good choice to match the tiara with a diamond collet. Maybe she could have taken one of the sapphire drops from the huge necklase and attatch it to the diamond collet (instead of the Vasa pendant) to make it look more complete :)

She looks at her best IMO, which is the most importan thing:D. That tiara is gorgeous.

Her Majesty wears them all very well.

My least 2 favourites are the Cut Steel Tiara and the Nine Prong tiara,the Cameo I wish would be just reserved for use by the queen alone.

I don't think it is the one with the crown and s- it looks to have a longer clasp (like the 3 strand Pearl necklace) I wonder if there are any better photos.

not much better
have a look at getty image and search words silvia tiara
attachment.php

what braclets do the berndoattes have we cant count to a parure?

Last edited:
not much better
have a look at getty image and search words silvia tiara
attachment.php

what braclets do the berndoattes have we cant count to a parure?

They have the 3 tennis bracelets- 1 blue and 2 diamonds which have been worn by Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine and Louise. They have the 3 strand pearl bracelet with a pearl clasp which has been worn by Madeleine CP Victoria and Louise, the Bernadotte Diamond Bracelet which has been worn by Silvia and Louise, the 2 strand pearl bracelet with crown which has been worn by Silvia and Madeleine, the 2 row diamond bracelet with square clasp which I have seen on Silvia and I think CP Victoria and the Zig Zag Diamond Bracelet which has been worn by Madeleine, Lilian, Louise, CP Victoria, and Silvia.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head right now.

what pearlbraclet does silvia wear? photo state visit australia

is it the onw with a crow and a S?
are there a better photo of the crown?

After looking at it photos from the trip again I think it is very likely it is the Crown Pearl Bracelet. She wore it a lot during that visit.
1 2 3

And this photo makes it look like there is the monogram on it.

Last edited:
Here are the tiaras Queen Silvia wore to royal weddings and celebrations:

Joachim and Alexandra: 1 2

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

Albert and Charlene: 1

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

Madeleine and Chris: 1

Too bad she always wears the Nine Prong tiara at royal weddings. I would love if she wore the sapphire, the Connaught , and the Baden Fringe tiaras at royal weddings. I understand why she never wears the Cameo tiara at the weddings.

Now added: Carl Philip's wedding

They have the 3 tennis bracelets- 1 blue and 2 diamonds which have been worn by Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine and Louise. They have the 3 strand pearl bracelet with a pearl clasp which has been worn by Madeleine CP Victoria and Louise, the Bernadotte Diamond Bracelet which has been worn by Silvia and Louise, the 2 strand pearl bracelet with crown which has been worn by Silvia and Madeleine, the 2 row diamond bracelet with square clasp which I have seen on Silvia and I think CP Victoria and the Zig Zag Diamond Bracelet which has been worn by Madeleine, Lilian, Louise, CP Victoria, and Silvia.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head right now.

After looking at it photos from the trip again I think it is very likely it is the Crown Pearl Bracelet. She wore it a lot during that visit.
1 2 3

And this photo makes it look like there is the monogram on it.

Thank you

these are the braclet i also come up with
i hope to see Lilians bracelets in the collection soon

The two row diamnd braclet with a diamond clasp i think is called the crown jewel worn my madeleine here

Last edited:
Thank you

these are the braclet i also come up with

i hope to see Lilians bracelets in the collection soon

The two row diamnd braclet with a diamond clasp i think is called the vroen jewel worn my madeleine here

I just noticed last night that Lilian has also worn the Bernadotte Diamond Bracelet as well. I believe Silvia has worn all of them but I shall check my records later.

There is a ruby diamond braclet
Silvia wore it at a state visit from portugal with the ruby tiara
also worn by Madeleine Novermber 2012 gaka new york

to bad we do not get the see the ring better

Oh I had not remembered those bracelets! I know they are apart of the Parure but they have an emerald bracelet as well (Well Silvia does but I am pretty sure she gladly shares her jewels with her children)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom