Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_star said:
I think Rania borrows most of her evening gowns (and this is just my opinion) because of the fact she never repeats them. Some of them have been stunning and yet she's never re-worn them which makes me think that maybe she has links with specific designers eg. Elie Saab.
For example you'll sometimes see her repeating some of her traditional thobes, like the one she wore at Farah Daghestani's wedding, which suggests that maybe those are made specially for her.

I did think sometimes that some things were lent to her, some of the gowns are too expensive and too own quit alot is not in there budget. But she did carry them off very well, well at least the ones when she first became a queen. It seems now, that her evening wear isnt all that great or intresting comparing to few years back.

Her traditional thobes are beautiful, the work and color. Suits her really well. Id like her to wear one to an official dinner/banquet, one with embroidery and or lace.

dazzling said:
I did think sometimes that some things were lent to her, some of the gowns are too expensive and too own quit alot is not in there budget. But she did carry them off very well, well at least the ones when she first became a queen. It seems now, that her evening wear isnt all that great or intresting comparing to few years back.
I really like some of her recent dresses a few of them are easily the best she has worn, imo. The blue she wore for the Spanish state visit and the gorgeous blue gown she wore during the conference in Jordan are 2 of my recent favourites.

I'm not sure how many evening gowns she has actually borrowed. While she doesn't wear them again for another event, I have seen her wear them in formal portraits and fashion shoots for magazines, which means they are hanging in her closet. I think it's her jewelry she tends to borrow. I've seen many pieces only once. The pieces she repeatedly wears are the ones I think she actually owns.

Adamari said:
I'm not sure how many evening gowns she has actually borrowed. While she doesn't wear them again for another event, I have seen her wear them in formal portraits and fashion shoots for magazines, which means they are hanging in her closet. I think it's her jewelry she tends to borrow. I've seen many pieces only once. The pieces she repeatedly wears are the ones I think she actually owns.
She tends to wear thobes or traditional style gowns in most official potrtraits though, which I think she probably has specially made anyway.

Last edited:
Hi :flowers:
does anyone know the designer of the dress Rania wore the 30th of October? :ermm:

I have been looking some collections and even though the detail in the neck and collar look like one of the Elie Saab gowns she wore in the past, I think in one of the Versailles galas, the only close model I have found is a Stephen Burrows design that is not very close to the model and perhaps a Valentino. :neutral:

I like her new black dress but the top it's just normal blouse/shirt.

magnik said:
I like her new black dress but the top it's just normal blouse/shirt.

Idon't think it's a normal blouse/shirt. Yes, it's looks like a classical blouse/shirt with a neck knot but in fact we can see that is more sofisticated with a shoulder halfnaked.

adelaide said:
Idon't think it's a normal blouse/shirt. Yes, it's looks like a classical blouse/shirt with a neck knot but in fact we can see that is more sofisticated with a shoulder halfnaked.
Yes, that's what I mean normal=classical and elegant which you can wear with trousers or skirt. When I look on her I remind Sharon Stone and her white shirt from few years ago.

magnik said:
Yes, that's what I mean normal=classical and elegant which you can wear with trousers or skirt.

I share the same opinion with u magnik,like the skirt,but the top imo is not very appropriate with that skirt for a gala wear,but the skirt and the top itself are beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
TamaraKhan said:
The skirt is not new,she already wore it a year ago,i thin it was in US visit.

She wore the same dress the last April.

I'm so glad she repeated this, it's such a stunning outfit and great for evening wear. The skirt in particularl is beautiful.

TamaraKhan said:
The skirt is not new,she already wore it a year ago,i thin it was in US visit.

Its not the same skirt, do you mean this outfit worn at the Sesame Workshop Awards Benefit in New York:
June 1, 2005

Humera said:
Its not the same skirt, do you mean this outfit worn at the Sesame Workshop Awards Benefit in New York:
June 1, 2005

Yes,I thought it was the same skirt,but I was being confused with the frou-frou things of her top and those of this new skirt.

salma said:
She wore the same dress the last April.

Can u post a link for it,I recall she wore it but i confused it with the one worn in USA.

salma said:

thats the only evening gown she has repeated. its a beautifyl skirt, color of her top is great but to me, does not work for a gala dinner and with one shoulder out looks wrong when everything else is covered and also the other shoulder. looks like imo, they did not have enough fabric to finish it off. I'd like to see her in some elie saab dresses, they suit her well and was some of the beautiful creations she ever worn

dazzling said:
thats the only evening gown she has repeated. its a beautifyl skirt, color of her top is great but to me, does not work for a gala dinner and with one shoulder out looks wrong when everything else is covered and also the other shoulder. looks like imo, they did not have enough fabric to finish it off. I'd like to see her in some elie saab dresses, they suit her well and was some of the beautiful creations she ever worn
I'm glad she's ventured away from Elie Saab, his dresses are beautiful, but incredibly elaborate. Simple, stylish gala gowns make a refreshing change, especially as she's worn some, really stunning ones in the last year.

Yo seem to forget the staple designers for her in Jordan KUMBAZ run by the Asfour sisters, who were also reponsible for Queen Ranias coronation dress, and the famous golden dress that she was photographed several years ago. They are also reponsible for Queen Noor being on the best dress list of Hello magazine more than twice.
They also design for Princess Haya, and several of the Sheikhat in the gulf region.
Amongst their customers are Trudi Styler, and Queen Sophia, and several of the lesser royals of europe.

SXTZ said:
Yo seem to forget the staple designers for her in Jordan KUMBAZ run by the Asfour sisters, who were also reponsible for Queen Ranias coronation dress, and the famous golden dress that she was photographed several years ago. They are also reponsible for Queen Noor being on the best dress list of Hello magazine more than twice.
They also design for Princess Haya, and several of the Sheikhat in the gulf region.
Amongst their customers are Trudi Styler, and Queen Sophia, and several of the lesser royals of europe.

Kumbaz is mentioned on the first page of this thread in this post. They are indeed wonderful designers and the Jordanian royal ladies seem to love them.
Queen Rania's coronation dress was by Elie Saab though.
I'd love to know which golden dress from several years ago you're talking about, perhaps you could provide us with a picture link?

Adamari said:
Does anyone know the designer of this dress? (Kuna.net.kw)

http://i7.tinypic.com/332xrsw.jpg

Perhaps it may be an Oscar De La Renta gown.

A season or two ago, Mr. De La Renta did a whole collection that had capped sleeved gowns very similar to the one Queen Rania is wearing.

Nonetheless, I could be wrong. Maybe the gown is a Galliano, McQueen, or (wild guess here) Carolina Herrera. Ms. Herrera's cuts are very close, like De La Renta's, to the one worn Her Majesty.

Give me a minute to do some more research to find the answer.

:)

Gran Guignol versus Elegance

Little_star said:
I'm glad she's ventured away from Elie Saab, his dresses are beautiful, but incredibly elaborate. Simple, stylish gala gowns make a refreshing change, especially as she's worn some, really stunning ones in the last year.
I have to agree Little Star, the Princess looks stunning in more austere lines.
In fact I would say she would look fab in ARMANI . Crystal clear cut lines because she is so beautiful already.
Some of these outfits have been gran guignol and not elegant. too flouncy and decorated etc. I say Armani and not many more experimentations.
Beautiful!

Last edited:
Does anyone name the label of the dress she wore to the banquet with the Emperor and Empress of Japan on the recent trip?

chelsea said:
Does anyone name the label of the dress she wore to the banquet with the Emperor and Empress of Japan on the recent trip?
No. but at the rate we are going we had better advise that they wear the labels on their foreheads so we can see.{humour}
The Queen is so beautiful;so kind and intelligent the label will never matter to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom