Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 7: July 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 7 of the thread for Queen Letizia's Evening Wear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 6: November 2019 - July 2022 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Queen Letizia presided over the closing ceremony of the 12th edition of the Atlantida Mallorca Film Festival this evening, July 31, wearing an & Other Stories dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** gallery **

Last edited:
Love those sandals .I like the sheen to the dress .Very elegant

I actually adore Queen Letizia's black evening dress she wore on July 31st. Have always liked black for summer evenings. Would have loved long diamond earrings and bracelet on her but no aging brooches. If anything this else, a fine silver 24 inch chain with a 3 or 4 carat diamond dropping from it. That would have been classy. JMO

The look is nice but a bracelet or bangle would have completed the look.

Lovely look for a night out with Felipe but am struggling to see what is elegant about her dress and sandals. Looks like she strolled in after a day at the beach.

Queen Letizia at the reception for the Authorities of the Balearic Islands and a representation of the Balearic Society this evening, August 4, wearing a Charo Ruiz Ibiza dress:

** Full view ** gallery ** Dress **

Last edited:
This look is very duchess of Cambridge and I like it a lot in the Queen. The gold jewelry suits her really well.

The print is too big for her, the mix of colors isn't flattering, and the way the skirt is styled just looks weird at the bottom. Pretty much the definition of a hot mess. Thumbs down.

I do not care for the dress and coloring on the Queen. I agree the print is way to large for her frame. Coloring of the dress is lost on the Queen. The dress is nice in itself on someone else, maybe someone taller.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
For once nice hair and earrings, but the dress is not Letizia's style or suits her body type at all. Felipe looks overdressed.

A very different look for the look but totally a perfect summery look!!!

The Mango dress is gorgeous! I don't mind the dress from yesterday and I think the print and the colour is fine, but I wish it's midi length rather than maxi length.

That dress looks a lot better than the one from the reception, probably because it's not trying to do print AND color. The earrings are pretty, too.

Queen Letizia at the reception for the Authorities of the Balearic Islands and a representation of the Balearic Society this evening, August 4, wearing a Charo Ruiz Ibiza dress:

I agree that the print is too big for her as well as the style of the dress does not suit her. The uneven Empire waist Is not for her, neither is baring her chest and shoulders so much. The black and white mango dress suits her figure much better. It is a large print but not too large for her size and the neckline suits her as well as the uncomplicated waist With a simple belt.

Last edited:

The dress is pretty and I love the colors! The fit seems off for some reason. Love her hair up and styled!

Inappropriately short for a Queen. She knew she was out and would likely be photographed.

Better leave the short dresses to the daughters ...
I wonder if the Letizia's tan is for real or fake. Her skin tone is far darker compared to everyone else around, not only since the holiday.

I don't know how this dress is inappropriate. Yet the magenta/shocking pink prints doesn't look good on her.

Queen Letizia really lovely and a very summery look!

I like that short dress on Queen. Looks great for summer vacation and down-time.

The dress is pretty and I love the colors! The fit seems off for some reason. Love her hair up and styled!

dress on Queen is lovely. The "model dress" is same pattern but not the same dress. Upper style is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how this dress is inappropriate. Yet the magenta/shocking pink prints doesn't look good on her.

She is Her Majesty The Queen of Spain.
Where is the minimal decorum? That is what was "wrong".

She is Her Majesty The Queen of Spain.
Where is the minimal decorum? That is what was "wrong".

I think her skirt could have used another inch or the sleeves could have been shorter, but it's not "wrong", just a bit unusual. I think the issue is the whole outfit looking rather jeune fille, but not decorum.

If you're not going to yell about every king who takes his top off to go swimming or boating, please don't bother with HM here.

“The Queen of Spain has no legs” was the old expression supposedly dating from the reign of one of the previous Felipe’s. But this outfit it is all legs indeed. As a private person she should do whatever she wants but not an outfit I would expect to be worn by a Queen. But she is not at an official event of course.

Last edited:
I think her skirt could have used another inch or the sleeves could have been shorter, but it's not "wrong", just a bit unusual. I think the issue is the whole outfit looking rather jeune fille, but not decorum.

If you're not going to yell about every king who takes his top off to go swimming or boating, please don't bother with HM here.

Show me the first King taking his top off for a promenade in the city. That there are pictures of Kings swimming or boating: 99% of these are paparazzi pictures made with telelenses.

Imagine Her Majesty The Queen of the United Kingdom, even when it is a Queen Catherine, dressed like this at a summer evening in Blackpool.

Monarchy stands or falls with decorum. Here Letizia has let it all go.

Show me the first King taking his top off for a promenade in the city. That there are pictures of Kings swimming or boating: 99% of these are paparazzi pictures made with telelenses.

Imagine Her Majesty The Queen of the United Kingdom, even when it is a Queen Catherine, dressed like this at a summer evening in Blackpool.

Monarchy stands or falls with decorum. Here Letizia has let it all go.

Show me the Spaniards who are fainting because the Queen wore a miniskirt off-duty in Mallorca when all of Europe is in a heat wave. :whistling:

Not only that, Queen Sofia, both the pillar of decorum and hardly Letizia's best friend, is happy to go about arm in arm with her, and she doesn't look like she cares, either. If Letizia's outfit was truly that scandalous, things probably wouldn't have been so tranquil.

Besides that, Leonor the heiress is right there in a equal hem length. Why does she have less decorum to uphold, or are you planning to go after her next?

I highly doubt Letizia is going to dress like this for anything official, although she had that divisive pink cutout "nightclub" outfit that caused fuss here and not much elsewhere. She likes to push fashion in her own way, and she's entitled to do it. She also projects a perfectly regal image 98% of the time.

Edit: Oh, yes, and I'd like to point out that once again thanks to Her Majesty and her wardrobe, Franco is turning in his grave today. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom