Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew that Camilla doesn't have pierced ears. Presumably that will limit the choice of earrings she can wear.

On Queen Elizabeth II, it looked quite awkward and spiky. Sometimes you just need a really good tiara to wearer match for a piece that doesn’t suit everyone and I think everyone here believes this piece is a much better match for Camilla, giving us hope she can pull off some of the awkward ones.

The tiara looks "smaller" though in Camilla's buffon hair and bigger frame than it did on Queen Elizabeth II's. That is why I said in another thread that the Grenville actually suited Camilla better in my opinion in terms of standing out. The sapphire stones are beautiful though, both in the diadem and in the necklace.

Not my favorite among the late Queen's tiaras, but Camilla wears it well. And I'm delighted to see something other than the honeycomb tiara.

https://www.gettyimages.de/detail/n...et-at-nachrichtenfoto/1443642390?phrase=state
I've never liked this tiara as it's a clumsy design but it looks better on Camilla than on QE2. Now that she's worn this tiara, it's unlikely to be redesigned as I'd hoped it would be. However, I think the whole sapphire ensemble suits Camilla's hair and complexion beautifully.

I really like this tiara. It suits the Queen's hairstyle. My greatest wish is that she wears a different tiara and jewelry often. There are so many pieces that are just tucked away under lock-and-key for many years that she can bring out and we can all drool over and critique. I remember a few brilliant Art Deco pieces that were worn back in the 30s that haven't shown up since before WWII. What fun to bring them all out again for special occasions. I specifically remember seeing a photo of Queen Mary taken in the 1920s wearing glorious pins and brooches in the Art Deco style. JMO

I think we will see Camilla in more tiaras and crowns now, since she can wear any of them in the vault without asking permission from Elizabeth. I believe either Elizabeth limited who could wear what jewelry in the vault while she was reining, or perhaps others felt Elizabeth had sole right to wear the jewelry and they did not. It would be nice to see some pieces we have not seen for some time. Camilla looks very nice in blues.

She looks lovely. I am still surprised that she has chosen the Sapphire tiara for her first two events — especially when she has so many other magnificent choices.

The Queen looks lovely, I like the addition of the pendant.

Sapphires really suit her.

Maybe this tiara is more comfortable than most?

Somehow this tiara became instantly Camilla's. Even on her second outing it appears better than ever. The QC's colouring and hair really bring to life these sapphires.

She looks lovely. I am still surprised that she has chosen the Sapphire tiara for her first two events — especially when she has so many other magnificent choices.

I’m surprised she chose it again too, but she looks fabulous in it. Maybe even better than the first time- and she looked great then too.

This tiara suits her so well.

I think the gown improves the jewels this time. Not saying that the jewels are bad but this time they complement each other so well.

Somehow now I'm (unnecessarily) afraid Camilla would stick to the Belgian sapphire just like how she wore the Greville:lol:.

She seems to like these sapphire jewels very much, and the black (or dark blue) dress shows them wonderfully.

I have a feeling we're going to see a lot more variety in coming years from the new Queen (and the POW).

It may be that the royal sapphires are just Queen Camilla's faves. I see nothing wrong with that. I am only surprised that she has not worn the Boucheron-Cartier honeycomb tiara in two grand evenings so far.

I never liked this tiara as a tiara - but on Queen Camilla it looks very good. You almost forget that it is a necklace upside down. It suits her very well indeed.

It seems to me that Queen Camilla is making a conscious attempt to project an image of simplicity, avoiding any show of "conspicuous consumption". and the Sapphire Parure looks beautiful on her, yet totally different than on the late Queen. Both of her previous gowns were not new although they suited the repeat gowns she paired them with.

In this time of deep recession and faced with a possible, if not probable, actual Depression, I can only admire both her prudence and her perspicacity. She is still able to display a wonderful parure that, along with the reattached pendant, looks amazing and strangely not overly blinged. Wearing solid colours enhances the colours but wearing white, as we have seen at both banquets and the official Opening of Parliament, makes any jewellery into a dazzling display which, I am sure, would go down like a lead brick just now.

The sapphire jewels look wonderful on the queen consort and really suit H.M.

Again I am surprised how good this tiara looks on Camilla, while I never really liked it on QEII. And I love how she adapts the necklace to the neckline of her gowns. The short version with the round neckline, the longer version with pendant for the v-neck.

I always long to see a lady debuting a new-to-her-her, but I also admit that it's smart of her to take it slowly. It gives a more down-to-earth impression and shows respect of the economic situation and considering the recent death of QEII.

Again I am surprised how good this tiara looks on Camilla, while I never really liked it on QEII. And I love how she adapts the necklace to the neckline of her gowns. The short version with the round neckline, the longer version with pendant for the v-neck.

I agree, this tiara looks far better on Queen Camilla than it ever did on QE2.

I always long to see a lady debuting a new-to-her-her, but I also admit that it's smart of her to take it slowly. It gives a more down-to-earth impression and shows respect of the economic situation and considering the recent death of QEII.

I also think it is credible that both the gowns that Camilla has worn to white events in recent weeks have been repeats. The gown used last night dates back to 2007 or thereabouts. I hope Catherine starts to reuse her clothes more as well.

Queen Camilla's tiara appearances in 2022:

1 2

The earrings are somewhat hidden by Camilla's hairstyle but the brooch does stand out against the white coat!

The earrings are somewhat hidden by Camilla's hairstyle but the brooch does stand out against the white coat!

Unfortunately, given the Queen's hairstyle, the earrings are often hidden.

Did any one get a good picture on the brooch the Queen wore to church today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom