Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a nice surprise. I am glad that the Queen is starting to wear these pieces right away. Though this particular tiara is not a favourite of mine as it looks as a necklace turned upside down, which it is. A gorgeous necklace though.

I love saphires, and this suite! The Queen looks wonderful.

This is one of my least favorite tiaras, but, surprisingly, I think it looks great on the Queen. I like it better on her than I ever did on Queen Elizabeth, and the necklace and bracelets are a wonderful surprise.

Wonderful sapphires. I agree this tiara suits her very well.

This is one of my least favorite tiaras, but, surprisingly, I think it looks great on the Queen. I like it better on her than I ever did on Queen Elizabeth, and the necklace and bracelets are a wonderful surprise.

I agree. I do think Camilla's bouffant airdo helps a lot to balance this tiara.

Considering how wonderfully this tiara suits Camilla, it gives me hope that I may actually like the Burmese ruby tiara when she gets around to wearing it, and wouldn't that be a surprise.

Considering how wonderfully this tiara suits Camilla, it gives me hope that I may actually like the Burmese ruby tiara when she gets around to wearing it, and wouldn't that be a surprise.

That would be the biggest surprise to me of the king’s reign! I’ve never liked this tiara either but it works very well with Camilla’s hair.

Wow! Not only a new-to-her tiara debut, but in the sapphire suite with such a personal attachment to QEII. That's rather surprising. She does look lovely in them.

What a nice surprise. I am glad that the Queen is starting to wear these pieces right away. Though this particular tiara is not a favourite of mine as it looks as a necklace turned upside down, which it is. A gorgeous necklace though.
Here we are :

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=tnTXXq2mGRmLd9JldAOiNIXicfsiiqUV8kKitaK6phk=

Well, I would say that Camilla pulled a stunner. While we all expected her to wear something other that her go-to Boucheron Honeycomb, I think we were all stunned that a. It was the much despised Sapphire Parure and b. that it looked fantastic on her. Camilla's hair is lifted with a lighter, more open and airy style than that of the late Queen Elizabeth's tiara helmet hair which pretty much obscured a large part of the tiara. Camilla also slimmed down the 'look' by wearing another random pair of sapphire earrings that have been hanging around in the dark of the vault. It was also a stroke of genius to leave the attached sapphire pendant behind.

I agree. I do think Camilla's bouffant hairdo helps a lot to balance this tiara.
You've got it in one and this tiara is going from my most despised to a contender.

Last edited:
Wow, this looks so good on Camilla. I never liked it before but I think the fact it sits in Camilla's hair rather than on top of it makes all the difference.

I never hate the Belgian sapphire tiara and it's a great surprise for me to see it on Camilla! She wore it so well. I'm looking forward to seeing her using the Burmese ruby tiara or even the Brazilian aquamarine tiara (originally I hope to see them on Kate but seems Camilla can pull them off well). Great she debut the QEII's sapphire necklace as well. Also surprised to see her in a non-white gown.

I can't see why this tiara is despised, it looks very nice to me.

I can't see why this tiara is despised, it looks very nice to me.

On Queen Elizabeth II, it looked quite awkward and spiky. Sometimes you just need a really good tiara to wearer match for a piece that doesn’t suit everyone and I think everyone here believes this piece is a much better match for Camilla, giving us hope she can pull off some of the awkward ones.

Not my favorite among the late Queen's tiaras, but Camilla wears it well. And I'm delighted to see something other than the honeycomb tiara.

https://www.gettyimages.de/detail/n...et-at-nachrichtenfoto/1443642390?phrase=state

Agreed. It’s not my favorite style, but Camilla wears it really well. Looks good on her. Actually- the more I look at the tiara on Camilla, the more I like it. It really works on her.

I also like seeing a different tiara, and it goes just beautifully with her dress. Love the earrings and necklace chosen.

Last edited:
The belgian sapphire tiara looks really great on Queen Camilla. She also wears it leaning a bit backwards and not as upright as Queen Elizabeth II. did. Only the necklace looks a bit tight on Queen Camilla, but i guess it was shortened by the late Queen as she did with most of them. They need to make it longer again.

Only the necklace looks a bit tight on Queen Camilla, but i guess it was shortened by the late Queen as she did with most of them. They need to make it longer again.

I actually think the necklace fitted well with the neckline of the dress. The decision to remove the pendant of the necklace was the right one, IMO, on this occasion.

The belgian sapphire tiara looks really great on Queen Camilla. She also wears it leaning a bit backwards and not as upright as Queen Elizabeth II. did.
I agree. Also, Camilla's bouffant hair works well to nestle the tiara, and perhaps hide some of the inherent flaws in the necklace to tiara conversion. All in all, an inspired choice of jewellery for her debut as Queen.

They must restore the lenght of the sapphire necklace, because it sits too tight and wrong. They still have the extra stones. This will probably be a "problem" for most of the late Queen's necklaces...

They must restore the lenght of the sapphire necklace, because it sits too tight and wrong. They still have the extra stones. This will probably be a "problem" for most of the late Queen's necklaces...

I think Camilla may have chosen to wear the necklace snug at the base of her neck in view of the neckline of the gown.

Bravo!

Though I never liked this tiara (to be honest, I'm not too fond of either of the three tiaras commisioned by the late QEII) and wish it would be worn again in it's original form as a necklace, Queen Camilla wears is well.
This is a perfect example how different hairdo, hair colour, shape of the face, make up and similar can affect the appearance of the tiara worn.

I kind of think that Camilla is a great tiara wearer. She would probably look great in most of QEII's favorite tiaras, I can even imagine that the makes the aquamarine monster work for her. Smaller tiaras would get lost in her hair, but the Vladimir, the Burmese rubies, kokoshnik, aquamarine, Indian circlet... they are all rather high and 'bulky', and they go nearly all around the head. That style just suits her.

It was surprising that she chose this specific tiara, but I guess she went for the color of the sapphires. The sapphire jewels made a very strong impression together with the vibrantly blue gown. Especially when you remember the years of invariably white gowns.:whistling:

The sapphire jewels made a very strong impression together with the vibrantly blue gown. Especially when you remember the years of invariably white gowns.:whistling:

So true.
Though I can understand the rationale behind the white gowns (QEII's very advanced age, body figure, statement white hairdo, reference to QEQM and her white gowns...), I have to admit I never liked them.
There were simply too many of them, for years and years only white gowns.
A very old woman can look wonderful and regal in other colours too.
Angela Kelly's gowns simply never worked for me.

I'm so looking forward to seing Queen Camilla combining different jewels to her not-always-white gowns.

It's not just that QEII wore those white gowns. Camilla has joined her in wearing white at most tiara events for years. It's like she celebrated the return of color with these sapphires.

To be fair Camilla doesn't give me an impressive that she would stick to white gown for all event like QEII. She does wore colour gown to tiara event which QEII isn't present (the banquet with the Duke and Duchess of Wellington? I don't remember what event it exactly is) or those overseas banquets (like the Dutch inauguration dinner and CHOGM dinner). Probably she is following QEII in some events but she definitely isn't "coloy shy" when it comes to gown for tiara event. I hope she will bring out more colored jewels from the vault and gives us some interesting and fascinating colour combination :D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom