Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 3: July 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pollyemma said:
that's cruel! poor victoria. if people had a male actor impersonate me like that I would cry.

:D It seems Victoria is always played of men in sketches (not at least because the world of parodies is dominated of males)
The combo who makes the show is a group of three. And somehow the girl in the team wouldn´t fit as Victoria or Madeleine.
I wouldn´t mind, when an male actor would play me, I guess I would feel rather hurt through the things they say. Not at least because there´s a grain of truth in it. Carl Philip is shown in a very abstract way, which hasn´t to do much with the real Carl Philip. So I guess he doesn´t care much, even though the shown image isn´t very charming.

I think this show is brilliant entertainment, I can understand that maybe Victoria, Silvia and Daniel dont think so;) , because I think they are the ones who get it worst in this show. Carl Philip portrait does not seem to have much foundation in the truth, and Madeleine is portraid as a Gucci barbie but its not really that mean towards her in my oppinion. I however think Silvia especially cant be amused with this show, they pick her accent, her movements, her hair and her way of speaking so good and I have even started to listen to Silvia in a new way and cant avoid making the comparrison with this character. I cant help but laugh at Vicotrias sharp chin and the way she is portrayed as a besserwisser and miss sensible, yes its a little over the top but it makes for great entertainment... I do wonder if the royals them selves watch it:eek:

Larzen said:
I think this show is brilliant entertainment, I can understand that maybe Victoria, Silvia and Daniel dont think so;) , because I think they are the ones who get it worst in this show. Carl Philip portrait does not seem to have much foundation in the truth, and Madeleine is portraid as a Gucci barbie but its not really that mean towards her in my oppinion. I however think Silvia especially cant be amused with this show, they pick her accent, her movements, her hair and her way of speaking so good and I have even started to listen to Silvia in a new way and cant avoid making the comparrison with this character. I cant help but laugh at Vicotrias sharp chin and the way she is portrayed as a besserwisser and miss sensible, yes its a little over the top but it makes for great entertainment... I do wonder if the royals them selves watch it:eek:

I just think that this kind of moking of the royal family weakens their position. regular celebrities can and should be sent up but the royal family should be accorded special respect.

but that's just me. i'm a little extreme. making fun of the queen used to be a crime punishable by jail in the netherlands and I for one am sorry that is no longer the case.

pollyemma said:
I just think that this kind of moking of the royal family weakens their position. regular celebrities can and should be sent up but the royal family should be accorded special respect.

but that's just me. i'm a little extreme. making fun of the queen used to be a crime punishable by jail in the netherlands and I for one am sorry that is no longer the case.

Yes, let´s put the Hey Baberiba-gang to jail for making fun of a family, who cashes millions for making 4 months holidays a year (The Bernadottes are this week still on holidays) :D :p
But that´s just me :D
Well, I can understand, that one wants to protect the head of state, since it represents a part of the national identity, but everything has limits. When some Royals would act by showing more dignity and class, the parodies would be different or wouldn´t exist :rolleyes:

Daniel Westling - A Reckless Driver?

75f6e1527au.jpg

Photo by Jan Düsing, Expressen

Expressen today reports that TV4's entertainment section "Kändis" under the main section "Nöje" has done a review of Daniel Westling's behaviour in the traffic. Apparently he doesn't care much for the traffic rules and has repeatedly parked at street crossings, stop signs and sites for on- and off- loading of trucks. He has also double parked a few times.

2005 he got 11 parking tickets, in 2004 he got 8. Last year his parking tickets cost him 11 500 Swedish crowns.

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=506413

pbot7mm.jpg

One of his parking tickets, from TV4.se

Last edited:
Fits right in with the rest of the scandinavian royals then... True Prince Material;)

He really must be quite Well to do I f he does not care about 11500 in traffic fines, which could easily be avoided. Are Parking tickets registers available to the public in Sweden:confused:
The original article is by no other than Daniel Nyhlen...:D :p
http://www.tv4.se/kandis/436164.html

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
75f6e1527au.jpg

Photo by Jan Düsing, Expressen

Expressen today reports that TV4's entertainment section "Kändis" under the main section "Nöje" has done a review of Daniel Westling's behaviour in the traffic. Apparently he doesn't care much for the traffic rules and has repeatedly parked at street crossings, stop signs and sites for on- and off- loading of trucks. He has also double parked a few times.

2005 he got 11 parking tickets, in 2004 he got 8. Last year his parking tickets cost him 11 500 Swedish crowns.

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=506413

Oioioioi...hard times are waiting for Daniel Westling. Daniel Nyhlén has now obviously started his programme on TV4 and will include Royals to it.

So 8 parking tickets in 2004 and 11 last year...and 14 this or what? I´m a bit surprised he hasn´t tried harder, after the reports on wrong parking at the end of 2004 :confused:

Larzen said:
Fits right in with the rest of the scandinavian royals then... True Prince Material;)

He really mus be quite Well to do I f he does not care about 11500 in traffic fines, which could easily be avoided. Are Parking tickets registers available to the public in Sweden:confused:
The original article is by no other than Daniel Nyhlen...:D :p

Now you were faster than me, Larzen :D
I must say to me 11500 seems quite expensive. Does this mean, that Sthlm has so many "legal" or cheap parking places, that ppl are only lazy, who don´t search for a parking spot and therefore hard punished?

It's not really that hard to get fines in Stockholm for parking in the wrong place. I think there are more yellow lines (parking not permitted) along the streets than parking spaces. There are too many cars and too little parking spaces.

But it shows a delicate problem in Sweden; those who got money OR got a company where they can deduct the expenses are more ignorant to the parking rules than those with small wallets.

I suspect the origin of this article is some old and bitter lady living in the ground floor who can't sleep at nights and blame everybody else that moves on the pavement outside or in the staircase. All she has to do is to call 651 00 00 (I think it is) to report a car parked in the wrong way and they will come in their little yellow VW Golfs in a minute and fine it.

I actually think I would do that too if I saw this who-does-he-think-he-is-prince-material-or-what-guy-??? throw his car right outside the door just because he can :D

Good work, Daniel !!!

Nyhlen, that is

Daneborn said:
It's not really that hard to get fines in Stockholm for parking in the wrong place. I think there are more yellow lines (parking not permitted) along the streets than parking spaces. There are too many cars and too little parking spaces.

But it shows a delicate problem in Sweden; those who got money OR got a company where they can deduct the expenses are more ignorant to the parking rules than those with small wallets.

I suspect the origin of this article is some old and bitter lady living in the ground floor who can't sleep at nights and blame everybody else that moves on the pavement outside or in the staircase. All she has to do is to call 651 00 00 (I think it is) to report a car parked in the wrong way and they will come in their little yellow VW Golfs in a minute and fine it.

I actually think I would do that too if I saw this who-does-he-think-he-is-prince-material-or-what-guy-??? throw his car right outside the door just because he can :D

Good work, Daniel !!!

Nyhlen, that is

Hilarious post, Daneborn
I guess, that you know the number is just a "coincidence" ;)

I guess I would also call them...not at least because he hasn´t learnt a "lesson" from last year. It´s already bad, that the rest of the family (except Silvia and Victoria, who hardly drive->wouldn´t mind when they would AND would obey the traffic rules...some kind of "counterbalance" in this family) "skips" traffic rules, and now even the (probably) new addition to the Royal Family doesn´t try harder.
I´m glad, "detective" Nyhlén is back. Without him Royal watching was so "empty"

From the article on TV4.se

Comments from his neighbours (can´t say, if they are true, but I assume they are):
-He parks sloppy in front of the apartment house, let the motor run in the middle of the night and sometimes he does a flying start, so that you can hear it on the whole storefront...only because he´s together with Victoria, he can´t take the law into his own hands on such a brazen way.

Sounds a bit like jealousy and "normal" neighbour problems, but maybe Daniel should try a little harder to get along with them. (Without wanting it) I probably know more about my direct neighbours than their own friends. I like them, so I wouldn´t start a conflict with them. But who knows, what one would do, when he or she feels really annoyed of a famous neighbour. :rolleyes:

I think this is so lousy and totally irrresponsible of Westling. And one would think that after the critique he has received previously, he would've started to become more careful and behave in traffic and paying his taxes for the car (didn't he once do that way too late, and drove with an untaxed car and no "taxed sign" on his registry plates?)

Also, if Victoria and he would have marriage plans - then one would really expect him to try to behave as a model citizen. They should know that what he last needs is more trouble and flaws to his image towards the people.

GrandDuchess said:
I think this is so lousy and totally irrresponsible of Westling. And one would think that after the critique he has received previously, he would've started to become more careful and behave in traffic and paying his taxes for the car (didn't he once do that way too late, and drove with an untaxed car and no "taxed sign" on his registry plates?)

Also, if Victoria and he would have marriage plans - then one would really expect him to try to behave as a model citizen. They should know that what he last needs is more trouble and flaws to his image towards the people.

Yes, he was late with paying taxes for his car (taxes aren´t Daniel´s best friend ;) )
At least he fits into the family. Kungen, clapping him on the shoulder: "Don´t take it so hard, my son. This can happen to everyone and everyroyal" ;)

It is interesting that his neighbours are disturbed by his idling car as a Lexus RX400 is a hybrid (electric/petrol) car which automatically shuts off the petrolengine when it stands still, moves at low speed or is braking. I have sometimes read complaints that SÄPO is idling with their cars outside when the crownprincess is there, i wonder if that is not what the complaints are about really when it comes to noise as the petrol engine on the Lexus RX400 doesn´t start until it has reached some speed it should not be disturbing when he is leaving either.

I think this is what happened:

Daniel Nyhlen had a slow day. Nothing happening outside Daniel Westling's house. No crown princess in sight and no Daniel Westling either.

What to do ??

He gets out of his car and starts chatting up people who pass through the entrance. Of course, he REALLY wanted to get inside to the staircase, maybe to mount a hidden camera :eek: , but people were too sensible to let him in.

Anyway, this is how a conversation could develop:
Daniel Nyhlen: ''what do you think of Daniel Westling?'',
random person in the entrance: ''oh, his really nice'',
Daniel Nyhlen: ''he seems to be this perfect guy for Victoria, is he really such a good guy and thoughtful neighbour?'',
the random person in the entrance: ''yeah, basicly. okay, there was this time when he let his car running in the middle of night, it was a bit annoying''
...... and so on .....

And the next thing we know we have some undisputable NEWS in the media.

I just think it's because they know who he is, plus maybe they're jealous of his car and his position, and Daniel Nyhlen grabs an opportunity to fill his contracted columns in the paper.

Lena > It is really annoying with cars parked all over the streets, it's something that fires many people up, not only me :D

You know, when I walk 400 metres to get to my parked car, of course I will be upset if some other pompous person just throws his car right outside the main entrance across the pedestrian crossing just because he's too lazy to look for a legal parking space.

Lena said:
Yes, he was late with paying taxes for his car (taxes aren´t Daniel´s best friend ;) )
At least he fits into the family. Kungen, clapping him on the shoulder: "Don´t take it so hard, my son. This can happen to everyone and everyroyal" ;)
I wonder, since the King isn't accountable for his own bloopers in traffic, maybe he will help Daniel as a kind of solidarity act :rolleyes:

Daneborn said:
I think this is what happened:

Daniel Nyhlen had a slow day. Nothing happening outside Daniel Westling's house. No crown princess in sight and no Daniel Westling either.

What to do ??

He gets out of his car and starts chatting up people who pass through the entrance. Of course, he REALLY wanted to get inside to the staircase, maybe to mount a hidden camera :eek: , but people were too sensible to let him in.

Anyway, this is how a conversation could develop:
Daniel Nyhlen: ''what do you think of Daniel Westling?'',
random person in the entrance: ''oh, his really nice'',
Daniel Nyhlen: ''he seems to be this perfect guy for Victoria, is he really such a good guy and thoughtful neighbour?'',
the random person in the entrance: ''yeah, basicly. okay, there was this time when he let his car running in the middle of night, it was a bit annoying''
...... and so on .....

And the next thing we know we have some undisputable NEWS in the media.

I just think it's because they know who he is, plus maybe they're jealous of his car and his position, and Daniel Nyhlen grabs an opportunity to fill his contracted columns in the paper.

Lena > It is really annoying with cars parked all over the streets, it's something that fires many people up, not only me :D

You know, when I walk 400 metres to get to my parked car, of course I will be upset if some other pompous person just throws his car right outside the main entrance across the pedestrian crossing just because he's too lazy to look for a legal parking space.

:D Oh my...what a Nyhlén-ish way of thinking. :D
My guess is, that he firstly checked, how many parking tickets Daniel Westling got (it seems this is no problem in Sweden :confused: Mr. Nyhlén added at the end, that one can´t find out about the parking tickets, which were fined of private parking institutions) and then he went to the neighbours to corroborate his story (which is after all his "starting story" for "Kändis with Daniel Nyhlén")

I wonder, why Daniel needs his car so much :confused: He lives in Östermalm, he works in Östermalm. Only when he would visit his darling in Drottningholm, he would need to drive it :rolleyes: Well, some business meetings would be included as well, but 11 parking tickets for that money is still a lot and let one assume, that eiher Daniel parks ALWAYS wrong or drives his car a lot.

I wonder, since the King isn't accountable for his own bloopers in traffic, maybe he will help Daniel as a kind of solidarity act :rolleyes:

:D Interesting idea..."Here you have 10000 Kronar, Daniel...and now go working, so that you can finally afford a big diamond ring for my baby girl!" ;)

Lena said:
I wonder, why Daniel needs his car so much :confused: He lives in Östermalm, he works in Östermalm. Only when he would visit his darling in Drottningholm, he would need to drive it :rolleyes: Well, some business meetings would be included as well, but 11 parking tickets for that money is still a lot and let one assume, that eiher Daniel parks ALWAYS wrong or drives his car a lot.
If he always parks wrong he would get fined 365 x 2, 3 or 4 times a day, when the parking police pays the car a visit.

Considering a parking space in an underground garage costs around 1000 kronor a month he should consider getting one.

If he got 13.000 kronor in fines for 19 fines it means 700 kronor per fine. The ordinary fine is 400 kronor and the bad one (parking on pedestrian crossing or in the middle of the street) is 700 kronor. It means he always parks in an extremely sloppy fashion :eek: . No wonder people get annoyed.

Maybe Daniel is starting his chain of gyms because he has finally worked out (we know from the Högskoleprovet he's not exactly the smartest guy :rolleyes: ) that it takes quite some money to buy an appropriate engagement present for his fiancée to show off.

btw; I didn't know Daniel Nyhlen was working for TV4, I thought he was at Aftonbladet :confused: . TV4 is really desperate it seems, trying to attract tabloid journalists and serving tabloid news.

Lena said:
Östermalm is a big place. At least 2 kilometres from one end to another. And streets were invented for cars. Big cars. So many pedestrian streets, obstacles and bumps it takes at least a Jeep Cherokee to get around on Östermalm :rolleyes:

I hope the King soon will recognise Daniel's problems and have the heart to accept him as a son-in-law so he and Victoira can move in in one of the wings of the royal palace. It would save the court a lot of bad parking press.

Daneborn said:
Östermalm is a big place. At least 2 kilometres from one end to another. And streets were invented for cars. Big cars. So many pedestrian streets, obstacles and bumps it takes at least a Jeep Cherokee to get around on Östermalm :rolleyes:

I hope the King soon will recognise Daniel's problems and have the heart to accept him as a son-in-law so he and Victoira can move in in one of the wings of the royal palace. It would save the court a lot of bad parking press.
2 km should not be that much for a gym teacher:p

It also seems the royal court manages to get enough bad car related press without a son in law helping them.

And can you imagine moving in with the parents (in law) just after you are married:eek: I think Haakon and Mette-Marit has the perfect solution, living in another city with a nice 20 minute drive to the parents (in law) I would not want it like Felipe and Letizia and have the King and slightly possesive grandmother in the next house

Larzen said:
And can you imagine moving in with the parents (in law) just after you are married:eek: I think Haakon and Mette-Marit has the perfect solution, living in another city with a nice 20 minute drive to the parents (in law) I would not want it like Felipe and Letizia and have the King and slightly possesive grandmother in the next house

I wouldn´t want it either! And even less I would want it, when I would work often with my in-laws. So I hope Victoria is wise enough to build her own nest. Somehow I also picture Silvia as slightly possesive grandma (even though in no way compareable to the great abuela Sofia ;) )

An article from Norwegian Her og Nå on Victoria and Daniels New Years stay in Åre, close to the Norwegian border, Her og Nå is the lowest quality rag in Norway but somehow they managed to get these pictures exclusively, the text is not exactly Pulitzer worthy though:p

Victoria and Daniel are beaming with happiness these days, together with two other couples they went to the mountains for New Years. The couple follows Swedish tradition (me:eek: ) and don’t show their love in public, but when they were not skiing separately the enjoyed time in the family carbine at Storlien. The Swedish RF has as tradition to celebrate New Years at this cabin ever since the children were small, but last year they did not go because of the tragic tsunami

Vickan and her bf came by train to Storlien two days before New Years, it had fallen more than 1 meter of snow, and the two turtle Dows and their company was driven up to the cabin. After their cars had got stuck in the snow they had to use snow scooters to get there. The sporty gang used the days to ski, on Friday they spent the night at after ski at Storlien Mountain Hotel, which is the closest neighbour to the royal cabin which was a gift to the family in 1933

Usually they go out for dinner at the hotel, but this time they preferred to eat in the cabin, New Years Eve the couples celebrated together, but they might have looked at the splendid fireworks the hotel sent up to honour their guests

The Swedish Heir had a lot of fun hiding for the many photographers that tried to take her picture, when all the press thought she was going out with her love Daniel it turned out it was one of the Body guards that was skiing with her, shortly after came Daniel together with one of Victoria’s female friends

The second day in the New Year Victoria and her friends their best to fool the press, everyone thought they were going out driving when the police guards drove the car in front of the cabin, instead they went on a snow scooter safari in the Swedish mountains. Victoria’s press game continued until they were returning to Stockholm in the evening, the Press thought they were on to them when a snow scooter with all the luggage drove over to one of the sleeping cabins of the train, there they patiently waited for the Princess and her boyfriend to board the train, instead they decided to drive to the next station where the boarded the train
Me: the swedish press need to get in shape, how could this be the only pictures taken when they are staying at such a smal place

Victoria and Daniel, pictures by Kurt Pedersen and Frode Thingstad

Last edited:
Larzen said:

Me: the swedish press need to get in shape, how could this be the only pictures taken when they are staying at such a smal place

http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ingrid00022ou.jpghttp://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ingrid00039we.jpg

:) Thank you so much for posting this information, Larzen :)
Agreed! What speaks against building an igloo and to live there for the time of their stay. As journalist I would do that :D
I start to think, that for Victoria it´s less about protocol and so not to be seen with her unoffical boyfriend, but more about not wanting the press to earn money this way.

I couldn't agree with you more Larzen, the Swedish press must be the laziest and most ineffective in the world.... I guess they don't want to work for their money anymore, instead they're just sitting on their buts adding telegrammes from the news agencies, and those photographers - well what can one say... My oh my...

For the British press and the paparazzis this would be a piece of cake - a small town like that, not that many places to disappear to, and their cabin isn't exactly located in a neighborhood with lots of houses either, they could easily camp outside the cottage (on some distance of course), keeping watch of any movements. :D

I hope we'll get to see more pics from their holiday. Thanks for posting these two (!) pictures!

GrandDuchess said:
For the British press and the paparazzis this would be a piece of cake - a small town like that, not that many places to disappear to, and their cabin isn't exactly located in a neighborhood with lots of houses either, they could easily camp outside the cottage (on some distance of course), keeping watch of any movements. :D

:D Oh GrandDuchess, I see, we have to do the job. I organise the camping equipment, you the hot tea and I will smuggle some rum to Sweden and then let´s travel up to Storlien ;)
I though wonder, if we would be alone as paparazzo, when Victoria and Daniel would be engaged next year (???)
Maybe the mags have simply lost their interest in them, because nothing happens. And so maybe also the Paparazzo have less profit and don´t think it´s worth to chase them :confused:

An article from the great Daniel Nyhlén. A customer and well known business man talked in Svensk Damtidning about showering with Daniel in the gym. But already in SDT I had problems to understand it. Does he mean, that Daniel has a great body :confused:

http://www.tv4.se/kandis/439118.html

Lena said:
An article from the great Daniel Nyhlén. A customer and well known business man talked in Svensk Damtidning about showering with Daniel in the gym. But already in SDT I had problems to understand it. Does he mean, that Daniel has a great body :confused:

http://www.tv4.se/kandis/439118.html

He means that a certain (male) part of his body is large!

Daniel Westlings new gym is set to open on the 24th of february.
http://www.balancetraining.se

tog said:

Thank you, tog
:eek: So he meant that. I would have thought there is some kind of "code of honour" among men, saying that the male world should only bother about the own "business", when using public sanitation facilities. tzktzktzk

tog said:

I could have sworn there stood 23rd of February a few days ago and some more days ago 2nd of February. It seems things are delaying a little

Last edited:
tog said:

Aha !!

You learn something new everyday in this forum. And I'm not talking about the opening date of Daniel's gym ;)

Now that we know why Victoria is so fond of Daniel we can start speculate why he is so fond of her ..... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom