Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Expecting First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, with this spate of non-stop winter weather the East Coast has been experiencing, I hope any of the Royal Family who's coming to New York will get here in time for the birth. Let's see, they're predicting milder temperatures for next week, so that might be a good window of opportunity for travel! :D

Yes, it's bee nothing but snow, snow, snow for the East Coast. Good thing they're from Sweden, they'll be used to it.

Who knows Madeleine's baby may not be born until early March? It is a possibility.

Of course it is a possibility but I would think that queen Silvia goes to the States next week. She doesn't have anything in her agenda before March 13 after she returns from Sochi tomorrow. The king has a work event on February 18 and Victoria three events next week, last on February 20.

Expressen has new photos of Madeleine walking with Chris (who is smoking) in snowy New York. They went to a cafe. Expressen tells that now when Madeleine is close to giving birth, she has during the last weeks worked less than before and spent a lot of time at their new home. Even Chris seems to have had a lot of free time. Madeleine has also been walking alone and one day she spent an afternoon at a beauty salon specialized in nail care.
According to Expressen the couple bought a spacious apartment on one of Manhattan's most exclusive addresses. The home is described as a luxury complex with gym, wine cellar and roof terrace. The lobby has personal around the clock and the staff helps the residents with practically everything. In addition there is a communal wine cellar, a fitness center, a library that looks to be taken from an interior design magazine and a large furnished roof terrace at the top of the building where residents can gather around a fireplace.
Så här blir Madeleines nya babyliv i New York Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation

its disappointing that Chris doesnt stop smoking to support his wife. nyc is such a hostile place for smokers anyway, he must he really addicted. i wonder what happens after the birth, if Madde starts smoking again.

Funny that Chris is not holding onto his wife while she walks. NYC sidewalks are very poorly cleared and slippery, I was there last week. And, my pregnant niece slipped and fell that same day in NJ. (she and baby just born are fine!)
Also, it is standard for even middling Manhattan apts to have round the clock doormen and supers.

Last edited:
Maybe she doesn't want him to hold her because she feels safer with her arms and hands free? Remembering my last few pregnancy weeks (thankfully in june) I'm sure I wouldn't have wanted to be held.

I'm so curious if there will be two princesses with the same birthday in Sweden soon. ;)

its disappointing that Chris doesnt stop smoking to support his wife. nyc is such a hostile place for smokers anyway, he must he really addicted. i wonder what happens after the birth, if Madde starts smoking again.
Duke: Anyone in the US that still smokes is really addicted - it's no longer easy or cool to smoke. Sadly, the cigarette companies manipulated the nicotine levels to their advantage.

I hope, that Chris will no longer smoke in their appartment, when the Child is Born..... hopefully he will be banned on the balcony, ah sorry, the TERRACE :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Bye Bine

Only someone with Chris's wealth CAN afford to still smoke in NYC. :lol: But I'll bet he drives out to Costco on New Jersey to stock up.

It has been a terrible, icy winter up in New York (and much of the eastern half of the country) and I can only say I am so glad that I am not pregnant this winter!

Late February is a great time to have a child in New York. Very soon spring moves in and she can spend hours wheeling her infant around town. If your baby is born months earlier, you are often stuck indoors with the infant all winter, and that's just pure torture.

Or maybe he goes to BJ's for his cigarettes, Gracie. ;) But hopefully he will confine his smoking to the apartment balcony and rooftop terrace since I'd think he'd be persona non grata in the apartment puffing away with a baby present.

Or maybe he goes to BJ's for his cigarettes, Gracie. ;) But hopefully he will confine his smoking to the apartment balcony and rooftop terrace since I'd think he'd be persona non grata in the apartment puffing away with a baby present.

Aren't there some apartments now in NYC that are in smoke-free buildings meaning he can't even smoke in his own home? I recall that lady who fell off her balcony after lighting up and sitting on the railing as she could not smoke inside.

^^^That's true, but I would think that if Chris and Madde are inveterate smokers, they wouldn't have gotten an apartment in a smoke-free building. But I would hope that even if they can smoke in their apartment, they'll light up on the balcony or the rooftop terrace because of the baby.

Last edited:
Aren't there some apartments now in NYC that are in smoke-free buildings meaning he can't even smoke in his own home? I recall that lady who fell off her balcony after lighting up and sitting on the railing as she could not smoke inside.
Yes, most of the higher quality ones have gone smoke-free. They impose quite large fines through their owner's associations. Smokers wouldn't buy/rent in one of these dwellings.

Now, now. Maybe he's desparately trying to cut down and this is his one or two. I knew many female smokers who never went back after children, in fact all of them.

:previous: I would think that this article is more suited to the "Royals Ex Partner's Thread. :)

Bunte has checked what would happen with the child if Madeleine and Chris should separate one day.
Madeleine von Schweden Neuer Ärger wegen USA-Geburt! BUNTE.de
Translation

The couple haven't been married for very long and Bunte is already speculating about what will happen if they separate... :ermm:

NB: I know the article wasn't speculating about a separation, but I just think it seems a bit strange to guess at these sorts of things at the start of Madeleine and Chris's marriage and parenthood.

Well, that's pretty lurid. Let's just plan the funeral before the person is dead. :cool:

The Brit royals do that. Didn't they use the funeral plans for the queen mother, for Diana?

LOL, I was speaking metaphorically. The press is projecting a doomsday scenario for Chris and Madde when they're at the start of their marriage and expecting a child and basically looking at possible prospects for the failure of their relationship.

Yep, The Queen Mother helped plan her own funeral. I'm sure there are already funerals planned for HM, Prince Philip, Charles, Camilla, and others. They are big, public, events, with huge guest lists, and can't be thrown together in a few days after a death. And details of what is to happen in the event of separation are nutted out before the marriage. I suspect there are formal documents in the nature of a 'pre-nup' drawn up before all royal marriages. I remember that being discussed when Mary and Frederik were married. It doesn't surprise me that this is being discussed in the press now about Madeleine and Chris.

It is simply necessary protocol to have funeral arrangement and guest list up to date for any head of state or royalty. The staff at Washington DC cathedral is prepared for a funeral for a former or sitting president at all times. There is simply not enough time to put a guest list together in a few days if the unthinkable were to happen.

:previous: I would think that this article is more suited to the "Royals Ex Partner's Thread. :)

The couple haven't been married for very long and Bunte is already speculating about what will happen if they separate... :ermm:

I am pretty sure that the Swedish court has gone through the same scenario more than once since it cannot be taken caren of by contract when children are involved.

On the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Madeleine's baby
The court's secret preparations
SDT1409_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom