Princess Letizia is Pregnant - Countdown to the birth

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who hoo! The best news in the world!

Felipe and Letizia will make awesome parents! Letizia's totally beaming as all those parents are shoving their kids in Letizia's face on her visit to Palma!

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2308032.htm

A fortune-teller from Cáceres, called Santillana, sent a sealed letter to the Spanish Royal House, in which he reveals the sex of the baby of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia.

According to Santillana, after a deep meditation, he sent the Princes two letters; one asking permission to make public the sex of their child and another one in which he specifies whether the baby will be male or female.

The fortune-teller said that he found out the sex of the baby with a very simple method 'based on the study of the movements of the Princess and a photo of her’.

Santillana registered today on notary a sealed envelope which contains the fruit of his meditations.

However, the fortune-teller did not want to reveal if the baby will be male or female, so he will wait until the birth of the child (or until the Princes give him permission to publicly reveal it), in order to open the envelope that keeps the secret.

In addition to that, Satillana did not discard the possibility of Doña Letizia giving birth to twins 'two boys, two girls or a boy and a girl’ and he assured that the sex of the baby (or the babies) ' is not going to influence the reform of the Constitution, since, in his opinion, this reform 'shall effectively be made anyway’.

Finally, he said that last Monday he received a phone call from a representative of the Royal House, who told him that TRH smiled, when receiving the letter.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/05/20/espana/1116610829.html

http://es.news.yahoo.com/050520/185/42jae.html

The princes of Asturias, Felipe de Borbón and Letizia Ortiz, do not know the sex of their first-born, informed today a spokesman of the Spanish Royal House to EFE.

The official notice denies the Spanish weekly magazine "Época", according to which the princes were waiting for a boy and that Letizia had done a test denominated "corial biopsy", destined to the prenatal diagnosis in the first three months of pregnancy.

The spokesman explained that it is "radically false" that the princess of Asturias has done the test referred by the weekly magazine. The spokesman of the Royal House also said to EFE that the princes "do not have interest in knowing the sex of their first-born".

(Here's the link to the Época'sarticle: http://www.epoca.es/node_464.jsp?id_producto=8790&id_categoria=122 )

Last edited:
This kind of media speculation is probably the biggest drawback for a royal wife to deal with.:mad: Of course, everyone is naturally very curious and interested in expectant royals, but sometimes people go too far and become too prying and personal IMHO. I'm sure neither Felipe nor Letizia care if the baby is a boy or girl, as long as it's healthy and Letizia herself comes through with no complications.

the diarie of little Covadonga Borbón

Here a fragment from little covadonga Borbón diarie:

Tue 31 May 2005 Stop or firing
Published by Covadonga in the Covadonga category

In my previous annotation I told them that papa was military man but until that day I did not have nor idea, I found out Sunday in the morning. I, who still I do not find out to me well the things, it thought that papa only dedicated itself to read speeches and to ski but no, "el tio" has three works. So that soon some in the commentaries complain to me of which it does not give a wood agua… Then that, that I nor suspected that she was military man (although spends its good short whiles playing the Counter Strike) and while I had breakfast mother and Sunday, I see him seat to the table with a commander uniform. I began reírme and I could not stop in several minutes, thought that it had returned to confuse the date of Halloween. But no, following the thread of the conversation I realized of which there was no mistake, that was military man and that we were going to go to a meeting which they do every year those of the Army. The meeting was in Corunna. I thought that I was going to be a roll, the typical meeting of ex--companions in whom the assistants tell to every time the same old anecdotes without grace while they smile, seeing the straw in the other people's eye, when thinking about that the others are balder, fatter and more divorced than the previous year. But no, nothing of that, the papa friends mount it far better: tanks, guns, airplanes, a goat, helicopters, boats, flags, grenade launcher, … They did not stop to pass soldiers and we went to a theater box to better see it from above and as it was my surprise when we were ahí… to the grandfathers Juan! That also she is military man! If the one of the liking to the army is like the baldness, hereditary, safe that I also enter. I already see myself in the war, with my crown and my Cetme killing bad.
But well, the best thing of everything is than my grandfather is not a military man of the pile, my grandfather is the head of all, he says left to them and is left, right and is right, rest and rest. And sure having grandfather boss I could not resist and I said to him that it wanted to raise to me a tank. They have risen sometimes in one? i loved it. even they just let me shoot once. Although the truth is that i feel sorry that most of the Spanish children, at least the poor children, cannot play with the tanks. When it is queen I think to remove the tanks to the street so that they are more near the commons person. Soon we got down of the tank and we continued seeing the parade awhile but I began to become bored and the grandmother took to see the goat to me of the Legion. But also she was very boring, we gave a little him with a wood to see if one moved but she did not do anything, was like lethargic. In the end we asked a legionary its sandwich to him and we did not occur it to the goat, that at least began to move the jaw, but was very graceful either, so we returned to the theater box with the uncle Jaime. And little I can more tell of Galicia aside from that one eats of wonder. I do not know if the mariscadas ones will be good for the pregnancy, but mother put itself fine. Although sure is comprehensible, she must feed herself well, Thursday we are going to Japan and who know what they will give us to eat there. Sayonara, babys!

you can read more here www.gorkalimotxo.net/covadonga/

agm said:
Letizia: "No sé si será un niño o una niña, pero no espero gemelos":D
http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=206963
"I don't know if it will be a boy or a girl, but not twins", said Letizia to a journalist, who is expecting twins. These statements took place yesterday in Mula (Murcia), after the inauguration of the museum dedicated to Cristóbal Gabarrón.

Do you know at what time, month of pregnancy, mum-to-be feels that her baby starts moving or kicking? It's must be the most wonderful feeling at all! Maybe Letizia has already got it!

i think that babies start kicking around the 5th month of pregnancy, but don't take me for granted, i'm pretty clueless in that metter :)

At the beginning of July it will turn the 4 months according to my
accounts. When one announced, at the beginning of May, it was of two months. Almost two months in the announcement went ahead that according to Antonio Montero was going away to do exactly today, the 26 of June and announcements become when already they have turned the 3 months. So you can't find pregnant of 4 months nor of 5 because she is of 3 months and a half.
The king said that the baby would be born in December. That agrees with the moment at which Antonio Montero said that the official announcement would become of pregnancy, 26 of June, because then it would be of 3 months and indeed, from December principles, the 9 months of pregnancy would be marked if we told that by the end of June is of 3 months and a half. In addition, or it was said by Pilar of Borbón day 9 or 10 of May: They cannot know the sex of the baby because he is only of two months and a half! it answered a reporter. If in the official official notice they have said perhaps that it will be born in November.

Do you know something about this statement? I read it in a spanish forums.

The announcement was done when Letizia was of 11 weeks, according to many mass media serios.Making accounts 40 weeks the baby will be born the last week of November. I do not have a calendar but I believe that Letizia finishes turning the 4 months. The King said that the baby of the Infant was for summer principles and was born 1ª week of June. What Antonio Montero said of the 26 of June to was a triviality, I believe that he said it because it was San Pelayo, and he said it before the official announcement when it was only a rumor and all said dates.

By the way, who commentd out that does not know to count, if the 26 of June had been only of 3 months the baby would be born in Christmas or at the beginning of January.:p

Last edited:
Done accounts, Letizia is of 18 weeks, 4 months long. The pregnancy is not counted per months, these are not exact, but for weeks. In addition, it would be stupid to say that the date of the childbirth is previous to which will be, because that would only cause that they oppressed the woman.

Didn't the couple on their visit to the Balearic Islands said that there was only one baby?

They are trivialities of the journalists who do not know that to tell or that they do not listen to her, Letizia has said several times that do not wait for twins, that only there is a baby and who does not know if is a boy or a girl....butsure the journalists become bored.

Recently Letizia repeated that only is one baby, when in a visit agreed with a journalist who waited for twins.

Last edited:
Sometimes these journalists know more than the couple. Must be a slow newsday for F&L so they have to make up stories about them like always.

I'm sure if they were expecting twins they would have announced it already, just like how Princess Claire of Belgium did last week.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050713/actualidad/gente/200507/13/dni_bebe_principes_asturias.asp

Un DNI de recién nacido para el bebé de los Príncipes

The baby of the Princes of Asturias that will be born next month of November will receive a DNI, as soon as it’s given light; its finger-prints will be taken, whether with ink or by laser, along with the ones of the mother, Doña Letizia. Although this practice is applied by law to all the children who are born in Spain since 2001, in this case the baby will become "the first Heir of the Heir" to the Throne that will be recognized by this system.

The identification of the Princes of Asturias' baby "will thus have nothing to do with the one applied to its predecessors", says doctor Garrido-Lestache in his book "The identification of the new born in the Spanish Royal House". Throughout the history, the births of Queens and Princesses of Asturias have been surrounded by complicated ceremonials and even they had to be testimonied by numerous witnesses, who identified the new born and avoided any doubt on the legitimacy of the Heir. And if this is an important issue for any family, in the case of the identification of the first-born of the Princes of Asturias, it is "a matter of State".

Last edited:
Letizia is expecting twins!

Letizia is expecting twins! I heard the information from a friend who watched the news on tv in Italy.

Last edited:
That is oficial??? The royal house jus say something???

Where did you hear this? Is it just a rumor?

A friend of my told me about it, she listened the news on an italian tv news.
She said they were already discussing who should be heir to the throne. I hope the news is true as it would be a great thing for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a lie, she herself has denied this news, if she herself was waiting twins it had been said. Poor Letizia, not embarrassed they leave her alone with so many rumors. Now as her belly it has grown very much turned to the rumor. When it is something normal if you think that in the family Borbón the majority of the babies are big

That things invent some mass media. The problem on the succession is if the baby is male or woman; if they were twin already it is established by law who is the major one and therefore the inheritor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Italian and I've just heard this news at tv... Obviously I think it is just a rumour, although Letizia's belly is growing a lot.

I am Spanish and go listening to it two months.
Letizia has denied it when she coincided with an act with a journalist that if it she was waiting twins.
They are rumors as different many, and it will end up by fading away as all.
The journalists insist because the exjefe of the Royal House commented on it, but he was in tone of joke, because the journalists are very heavy and always they ask him, when probably he does not know anything. Also they said to him that the fortune-tellers were saying that she was going to be a girl, and he answered: " then he will be a boy ".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom