Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: October 12, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH wow, if you look very closely at the reception dress, I think you can make out what is supposed to be a rose on her bosom!

It's not my favorite gown, but it looks very easy to dance in. Practicality is good when your going to spend most of the night moving around your party.

I also love that Sarah is standing next to Philip. Those kids are adorable. The carriage kiss is very nice.

I noticed that is well. Andrew and Sarah could easily have switched places but I am glad they didn't so all can see that these two people can behave themselves in each other's close company.

Jack's grandmother Joanna Newton is 92 years old so may not have been up to attending the wedding.

So, the same age as Eugenie's grandmother; whose grandfather is 97 ;)

But of course especially at that age not everyone is as mobile as these two are (nor do most people have their grandchild's wedding in their own chapel).

Last edited by a moderator:
I read this article online from The Times and I remembered your comment. Seems as though you were spot on!
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...e-to-jack-brooksbank-needles-palace-dhb763j8w

After hearing, reading and seeing his comment yesterday, many were saying he didn't mean anything by it. I thought differently, and this cements it for me. I'm glad that Eugenie was a beautiful bride, one of the most beautiful I've seen, and I'm happy that she had a great celebration, but her father is his own worst enemy. Many give Sarah a hard time, but I firmly believe that HE is more trouble. I also don't feel like he was competing with Harry, but instead competing with Charles. Charles had a major role in M&H's wedding. It's all quite sad really.

I honestly don't know :lol: but I guess I was trying to see if there was any intricate detail on the dress and came across it. I'm not sure if its actually a rose but there is something there.

According to the press release there are a couple of very subtle roses embroidered on the dress, so your eyes did not deceive you.

After hearing, reading and seeing his comment yesterday, many were saying he didn't mean anything by it. I thought differently, and this cements it for me. I'm glad that Eugenie was a beautiful bride, one of the most beautiful I've seen, and I'm happy that she had a great celebration, but her father is his own worst enemy. Many give Sarah a hard time, but I firmly believe that HE is more trouble. I also don't feel like he was competing with Harry, but instead competing with Charles. Charles had a major role in M&H's wedding. It's all quite sad really.
Why would Andrew feel the need to compete with Charles who is the future King?

Why would Andrew feel the need to compete with Charles who is the future King?

I guess it could be a classic case of sibling rivalry. I don't know, just speculation on my part. Charles had a lot of input in May's wedding, so this is where the competition would lie...again, just speculation o my part.

If you wish to discuss Charles and Andrews' relationship, please take it to the 'Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family' thread.

That was my favorite part:ROFLMAO: + the open door.

Mia is so totally over this, her parents were probably crossing their fingers for no tantrums.

Yeah, Mia wasn't having a blast. I notice in her hand she's holding something white. I wonder if it some type of toy to keep her in the best spirit possible. Little Eliza held a toy for the Cambridge wedding pics for a similar reason.

So, the same age as Eugenie's grandmother; whose grandfather is 97 ;)

But of course especially at that age not everyone is as mobile as these two are (nor do most people have their grandchild's wedding in their own chapel).
She's just three days older than the Queen. I was looking forward to seeing her at the wedding but maybe her health has declined since the engagement was announced

What I notice is that the royals don’t seem to do large family pictures for weddings anymore. Used to get the immediate family and extended family in the wedding photos.

Maybe they still do but just don't release them publicly anymore.

Last edited:
Of course they do loads of pictures we never see. They hardly took only two photos of the wedding party and family, not to mention loads of photos of just Eugenie and Jack.
They simply picked two to share with us, the usual one with immediate family and little cute kids looking at the camera.

Yeah, but those are the photos that used to get released. We used to even see the foreign royals included. Perhaps that’s only for The Queen’s children though.

I honestly don't know :lol: but I guess I was trying to see if there was any intricate detail on the dress and came across it. I'm not sure if its actually a rose but there is something there.

You're right about it being inspired by a rose.

"Princess Eugenie's evening dress was designed by Zac Posen. Mr Posen was inspired by the beauty of Windsor and the surrounding countryside. The choice of colour reflects the blush of an English rose. Mr Posen took his inspiration from the White Rose of York.

The White Rose of York is subtlety embroidered on both the shoulder and back which hold together the cape.

Royal UK

Last edited:
How did I just notice that Savannah is stepping on Eugenie's dress in that one group photo? :lol: I swear each time I look at the pics I notice something I hadn't seen before.

Mia in the one shot where she's hunched over and knees apart...totally cracks me up!

LaRae

Beautiful photos. I love the black and white in the carriage. :flowers:

As for jacks grandmother, not all people Ste as well as the queen and Philip. Many don't. And unlike Elizabeth and Philip who the wedding was being held next to their home, she would gave also had to travel. I am sure if she was up to it she woukd have come as she was quite proud.

Mia is a very active bubbly little girl. Behaving and being quiet all day for the ceremony and photos, it was likely just the end of her energy. The cambrudge kids are used to it and her cousins are older.

I wasn't surprised Louise and James were not in the photos. It was just the small kids. Neither Thomas of Bea were in the photos except with the parents. Louise and James may still be kids but they had a more adult role in the wedding.

I love eugenies second dress. Has a bit of an old Hollywood feel to me. It suits her. I love the color and the Rose detail.

I saw the whole Wedding in live together with 80.000 persons.
This Wedding as said before was a Perfection. I was impressed by the 4 Generations attending for Prince Charles and Princess Royal.
Sarah was better in live than on pictures , she needed Eugenie.
A joyful Duke of York helping for the bride dress in the Carriage.

An article mentioning which descendants of King George V were present:

Royal Musings: The marriage of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank

Nobody from Lascelles family.

There haven’t been for years-not a surprise.

Does not surprise me a bit coming from Sarah.

She was absolutely loving the royal treatment she was getting for the day and I think in her mind she still considers herself a full member of the BRF.

No, she was the mother of the bride- and therefore she was important.

Unfortunately for some if Sarah was anything but hiding in the shadows or not there, she would be trying to be the queen. Or star. Or something.

Likevandrew was trying to upstage Charles and his role at Harrys wedding. Like somehow him walking his daughter down the aisle send giving a speech were some attemp to out shine Charles.

Not simply the parents of the bride.

I like that they put Sarah right next to Philip. :D

Though, it's a bit strange that they included Eugenie's grandparents but not Jack's. Has his sassy grandma been shunned because of her interview, that would be a shame. I don't think she meant any harm.

Eugenie’s grandmother is The Queen. I’m sure they took more photos with extended family on both sides for them.

Last edited:
All of you who had trouble watching the streaming on youtube, could you share which link you used? Because I watched it without any issues and saw the whole thing on the official BRF channel.

This is the link I used, official BRF channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkC3Jt91QkqNAE4FGWkEIQ

This is a link that is not official and I’m guessing many were using this link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvgLV2Ixb8KCemj-UtXZ-g

I used the link on the first page of this thread. Which I’ve explained a couple of times in here. How you saw the Service over there I do not understand. As some of us have discovered, many Publications/News Outlets/Entertainment Shows have put up “The Royal Wedding as it happened” videos on their own channels, but it’s the same “coverage” from the Main channel those of us w/no other options “enjoyed”.

Sigh...All that was needed was a small paragraph explanation of what would be seen where. Instead...What a mess!!

Back
Top Bottom