Princess Alexandra of Kent 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
305px-Combined_Coat_of_Arms_of_Princess_Alexandra_and_Sir_Angus_Ogilvy.svg.png

Combined arms of the late Sir Angus Ogilvy and Princess Alexandra

Welcome to the thread Princess Alexandra of Kent, Part 2

Commencing September 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
:previous: Prinsara, What a treasure trove of magnificent pictures! I especially like the photo of Princess Alexandra and Prince Edward playing with their toys.

You're welcome, Cyril. PA is a favorite of many, not just mine, so I figured these would be enjoyed. :flowers:

There's an anecdote I believe I heard on Quora from a man at an auto show... there was a lady whose suit happened to perfectly match the paint of his car, so he asked if he could take a picture. Then after a minute he noticed how many people were watching. He said "Should I know who you are?" She said "No, you shouldn't." = Alexandra. :)

You're welcome, Cyril. PA is a favorite of many, not just mine, so I figured these would be enjoyed. :flowers:

There's an anecdote I believe I heard on Quora from a man at an auto show... there was a lady whose suit happened to perfectly match the paint of his car, so he asked if he could take a picture. Then after a minute he noticed how many people were watching. He said "Should I know who you are?" She said "No, you shouldn't." = Alexandra. :)

I met her once at a garden party, what I remember is her beautiful voice.

I’m putting this here rather than in the threads relating to the funeral of Elizabeth II. Mods please move if you think it’s appropriate.

I was pleased that Marina attended with Princess Alexandra. Those of us who were around when she married Paul Mowatt can probably remember the headlines and just how much the tabloid press rejoiced in the Royal who rebelled. If I remember correctly, there were photos celebrating her being awarded “rear of the year” (Yes, the British tabloid media really hasn’t evolved).

I do remember how much hurt her words of criticism of Princess Alexandra and Sir Angus Ogilvy would have caused them.

It’s lovely to see that the person who supported Alexandra throughout the many services and commemorations of Queen Elizabeth was Marina.

It gives hope that rebellious young people can sometimes grow to realise their parents were not the ogres they thought them to be.

I have frequently seen pictures of Zenouska with her grandmother. It’s nice to see that Zenouska supports her and seems to respect her heritage.

Has Alexandra' now retired? She has looked very frail this year.

She is not yet retired but one cant help but worry given her age

Back
Top Bottom