Prince Louis Will Become A Father!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But since we don't actually know about how he feels about all of this, we will never know if he thinks he is too young for this.

I don't know Louis and I can't really relate to his situation (as I am a) a girl and b) haven't had any kids) but I think that what he's feeling right now is a mixture of happiness but also a bit of fear. The fear part being that he sort of worried that he'll screw up and not be a good parent to his kid.

grim_lady said:
but I think that what he's feeling right now is a mixture of happiness but also a bit of fear. The fear part being that he sort of worried that he'll screw up and not be a good parent to his kid.

I think all parents feel this way, whether they are becoming a parent at 16 or 46. It's natural to be scared and to be worried that you'll somehow mess up another human being.

Louis and Tessy are no different than any other first time parents.

They could get a nanny but I hope that Louis and Tessy take a more hands on approach to parenting.

Having a nanny does not mean that won't be hands-on parents. My friends have a nanny but they only use her when it's absolutely necessary. I'm sure they will have a nanny on call that they trust. It's safer than rotating babysitters, probably more so because Louis is royal.

I'm sure many new mums would love a bit of help, so if you can afford a nanny then why not have one? I'm sure you can still be an attentive, hands on parent, even with a bit of extra help. :)

Many of the royals today have nannys, I thinks that louis and tessy will get all the help they need, lets also bear in mind that they are still very young,
I wish them all the best, and lets not forget they both have a very supporting family unit behind them...:rolleyes::eek:

are they moving together when the child is born? Now they are forced to grow up.. face the situation maturely and raise the baby in a normal, familiar environment.. with both parents living together... even more having the economic means to do so as Louis is royal... If they were so adult to do it (hope it was an accident).. now they should be adult enough to affront its consequiences, quit partying and face paternity which is not an easy job...

Very likely, the child will become plain Mr or Miss until the parents marry in which they will become Count or Countess. Because Tess isnt of noble or royal descent and Louis is the third son of the Grand Duke. I do hope Louis does the right thing and marry Tess even if its for a short while to ensure the child is legitimate. This is vitual for the child's future within the Royal family of Luxembourg.

Heiress Victoria said:
are they moving together when the child is born? Now they are forced to grow up.. face the situation maturely and raise the baby in a normal, familiar environment.. with both parents living together... even more having the economic means to do so as Louis is royal... If they were so adult to do it (hope it was an accident).. now they should be adult enough to affront its consequiences, quit partying and face paternity which is not an easy job...

They're moving to Switzerland....they probably want to stay out of the heat of the media's lights. ;)

tancarville said:
Very likely, the child will become plain Mr or Miss until the parents marry in which they will become Count or Countess. Because Tess isnt of noble or royal descent and Louis is the third son of the Grand Duke. I do hope Louis does the right thing and marry Tess even if its for a short while to ensure the child is legitimate. This is vitual for the child's future within the Royal family of Luxembourg.

I certainly hope that if Louis and Tessy do get married, it's because they love each other and not just in order to legitimize a child. That's terrible.
"The child's future within the royal family of Luxembourg...."
--The baby will be so far down the line of succession, I don't think the subject of it's future within the royal family even matters all that much.

I know having a baby is something you don't make alone but I really feel sorry for Louis He sure did not know things could go that far Come on! They are a catholic family and his parents certainly raised him in a different way.... To me, she did it on purpose to get a better status, to keep him or whatever Anyway, I admire the whole family and the way they face such a difficult event and all I can do is wishing them good luck!!!

suturegeisha said:
Not unless:
a] the parents get married and/or
b] the Grand Duke decides to give them that title

I think, if Louis and Tessy do wind up getting married someday, that the baby will get the title of prince or princess. After all, Henri elevated his cousins, niece and nephews from "Count/ess of Nassau" to "Prince/ss of Nassau" and they got the added title of His/Her Royal Highness. So I see no reason why he would not do it for his own grandchild.

Yes, but to me, that's the whole point: His cousins had been named "count of Nassau" instead of "Prince of Luxembourg" for the simple reason that Henri's brother, Jean, married a divorced woman. What about Louis who has a child without even been married???
Oh my gosh, poor him, he simply did not understand things could go this far!!!

grandempressxx said:
Many of the royals today have nannys, I thinks that louis and tessy will get all the help they need, lets also bear in mind that they are still very young,
I wish them all the best, and lets not forget they both have a very supporting family unit behind them...:rolleyes::eek:

Aww..isn't that sweet? These two reckless kids make a mistake and someone else has to pay and take care of it. That's teaching them responsibility!!

They did the crime (so to speak) let them do the time...

Henri brother Jean gave up his rights to the throne to have a career in business. That is why his children only had Count titles, until Henri 'upgraded' them. It wasn't because he married a divorced women (I don't think she was prevously married)

Oppie, you are not completely right. Prince Jean renounced to his rights after having an illegitimate child with Helene Vestur, who wasn't a divorced woman (although they are now divorced). He was going to announce his engagement to a noble lady when the whole scandal (in those times a royal having a natural child and specially in Luxembourg was a disgrace for the family) went up, so the engagement was cancelled (the lady has never been identified), and Jean married Helene, with whom he had three more children. The real reason of his renunciation was the birth of Marie-Gabrille, not that he wanted to dedicate to business.
Until the 90s their children were plain Mr/Miss Nassau, until Grand Duke Jean created them Count/Countess de Nassau, and after the death of Josephine-Charlotte, Henry upgraded them to Prince/Princess de Nassau and Royal Highnesses, although without succession rights.

Jean abdicated because he was having a child out of wedlock. I've never heard that he was engaged to someone else. And you have to understand, they don't have to get married if they don't really want to.

He didn't abdicated, only the reigning sovereign can do that. He renounced to his rights, which is very different.

Joelle said:
Yes, but to me, that's the whole point: His cousins had been named "count of Nassau" instead of "Prince of Luxembourg" for the simple reason that Henri's brother, Jean, married a divorced woman. What about Louis who has a child without even been married???
No, no, no. Jean did not marry a divorced woman. He and Helene had a child together before they got married- far before, actually, about a year- and that, I'm certain, had much to do with Jean renouncing his right to the throne. The only way a prince of the country can get married- and keep his titles and succession rights- is if he seeks official permission from the Grand Duke. I don't know if Jean did not seek father's permission at all, or if he did ask and his father disapproved, but the marriage was not officially sanctioned by the Grand Duke and therefore Jean lost his succession right for himself and his descendants. You can see jcadenasso's post above [#374], who does a very good job of explaining the title situation with Prince Jean.
They were Count/ess of Nassau until 2004, when Henri upgraded their titles to Prince/ss of Nassau. In Luxembourg, only the children of a reigning Grand Duke or Hereditary Grand Duke can be titled Prince/ss of Luxembourg, so Marie Gabrielle, Constantin, Wenceslaus, and Carl Johan would not have been Prince/sses of Luxembourg anyhow. See for example Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla's children- Prince Guillaume's marriage was approved by the Grand Duke and so his children have succession rights to the throne, but their titles are Prince/ss of Nassau.

I would be the last to shout hip hip hooray for a 19 year old having a child out of wedlock, but as long as he's happy, who cares what we think, right? :D

Joelle said:

Indeed, the "counts of Nassau", the children of prince Jean and the ones of prince Robert, have been upranked to "princes of Nassau".

suturegeisha said:
I would be the last to shout hip hip hooray for a 19 year old having a child out of wedlock, but as long as he's happy, who cares what we think, right? :D

I know. Its not like they all read this and care about our opinions.

I have feeling that Louis panicked after he learnt about Tessy's pregnancy. I don't think he will be participating father, he is so young. He and Tessy probably split already. She will take care about her baby maybe with help of her mother but being young and having good child support she will have fun soon, and the baby will end up rised by nannies. I'm sorry it sounds so cynical but I have so strange feelings about this couple because of young age. Of course I would like to be wrong.

suturegeisha said:
They're moving to Switzerland....they probably want to stay out of the heat of the media's lights. ;)

they are going to switzerland???? since when???

foiegrass said:
they are going to switzerland???? since when???

That was stated in a Belgian article about the prince a few months ago.

I thought they had already split :confused: I don't think there really is a need persay to live together because of the child. Times have changed although for the child it would be best.

wait did they break up for sure, or is everyone merrly guessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom