Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Count and the late Countess de Lannoy had already provided their youngest daughter with the finest education money could buy in Belgium, France, Germany and Russia which included a post graduate Masters degree. If she had not married Guillaume she would no doubt be cooling her heels at the family castle or town home and working at an ornamental job until some other suitable spouse came along.

Her situation, background and prospects were as different as night and day from Tessy Anthony's. She did not need her husband's family to give her a leg up..she was already near the top of the rung when she married.

And something tells me that if Stephanie's marriage to Guillaume fails she will not be going on social media to trash her husband and his family and demand to be allowed to keep her perks....it just doesn't seem like the type of thing she would do, imo.

Claire either.

Countess Stéphanie's world was always this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/f1/44/78f1441da000453db2774f248c2ed234.jpg
(Château d'Anvaing, where she lived). Indeed incomparable with Tessy.

:previous:
:previous:

This:
Tessy is very *ANGRY* and is acting out on that anger which is putting her in a bad light. I get that, having gone through a very nasty divorce after 30 some years, I acted out...I wanted revenge(and believe me I have damn good reason for that revenge), I was more then furious at being treated like a 2nd class piece of garbage by a family that thought they were above everyone because of who they were.........I get her. Her rage is making her do things that are unbelievable to herself and her family.........nobody could talk to me or reason with me till I hit bottom, the same be for Tessy. As I said before it takes *2* to make and break a marriage, there is something very wrong in what happened to make her and Louis split, that is between them and his family I bet......No, she shouldn't have bad mouthed his family or made fun of them yet we all do things when rageful and angry and we live with those regrets. As I said.......*When we are young, dumb and foolish, all the decisions and mistakes we make then come back to haunt us when we are older and wise*........I can attest to that very well and live with it and made the changes to make me a better person as she will someday.

:previous: Exactly. There is far more to this divorce. She has so much rage and anger in her. The marriage breakdown and divorce is not as black-and-white as many have tried to depict it.

Everyone here agrees that Tessy going on social media and trashing her ex and inlaws is a huge mistake, and one she will regret deeply. But stating she owes her inlaws for the lifestyle, education etc is bullsh*t. It's like me saying to my children they owe me for all I have given them. The only thing Tessy should have done was not to air dirty laundry in public.

As Duc stated... incomparable doesn't begin to describe it..I am not even sure why Stephanie de Lannoy entered the equation.

If it's the same(unjustified) complaint that aristocrats are held to a different standard than the poor oppressed common folk, how to explain the criticism that Diana Spencer is still receiving more than 20 years after her death? Diana's post divorce manipulation and back stabbing makes Tessy look like a clueless milk maid.

Diana the aristocrat was MUCH worse than Tessy but she got away with it because she was more clever and sympathetic, not to mention world famous.

Tessy is none of the above.

ETA: About all this "rage and anger" Tessy is supposed to be having....umm really? She was not forced to divorce like Sarah Ferguson was. Her children are set for life and at early 30 something so is she...if she can get off Twitter long enough to see the big picture. How about we trade places...Tessy can figure out how to scrape up $500 for car repairs and Christmas presents. I will go online and vent my bitterness about my Royal ex inlaws. .while posting a photo of myself wearing a $5000 designer gown in my lavish home with my healthy and well fed and well dressed children smiling in the background.

Last edited:
If she had not married Guillaume she would no doubt be cooling her heels at the family castle or town home and working at an ornamental job until some other suitable spouse came along.

Or she might've been a hard working business woman focusing on her career instead of bagging a husband. There are other possibilities for women than getting married you know...

And because of all that excellent education and time in college at her leisure (?) just what does Tessy owe them? Should she now being divorced pay them back for that education and if so, then is there a price for her participating in all the events that came with the duties being married to Louis that the royal family would owe her? I would like to think it is a 2 way street here, she did what was expected of her in those royal duties and they paid for her education, both sides *equal* it seems to me.

I don't think anyone has even suggested that Tessy should pay the family back. While she was married to Louis her in-laws out of their free will decided to give her the best education possible. It is to her credit that she made good use of that opportunity. A year after graduating the marriage broke down. In addition, her being a princess of Luxembourg provided her with lots of interesting connections and a public profile that she is cashing in on. And now she both claims that the family should continue providing her the lifestyle that she enjoyed in marriage and at the same time states that her education and job are all due to herself and had nothing to do with her in-laws making all of this possible. That's the unbelievable part that shows an egocentric and entitled person.

Last edited:
I think people in a divorce have a certain ask knowing full well they usually don't get exactly what they ask for. Lawyers in general recommend that.

I think there is difficulty any time either side would have a significant decrease in standard of living post divorce, if there were no settlement. It's exacerbated when there is shared custody of children. Because the difference in living is so obvious to the kids, can become a leverage point or source of pettiness on either or both sides.

I'm not saying I'm on Tessy's side - just that I understand it. I understand his side as well. If he ever hopes to marry again, he has to have some way of supporting the future family. And he seems capable only of living off the family wealth.

And finally - in this case there is the family side and the opinion of the public. Understandably, the family and the public may chafe at upping their cash outlay because Louis and Tessy made marriage choice that was woefully short lived.

Sometimes it stinks to be Royal, IMO.

Or she might've been a hard working business woman focusing on her career instead of bagging a husband. There are other possibilities for women than getting married you know...

You are quite right. But after years of reading about Stephanie and the type of cloistered, super privileged young women she surrounded herself with before her marriage , a high profile career was never going to be the end game.

She seemed from another era and still does quite frankly.

I am neither praising her nor criticizing her. It is what it is.

This divorce is taking so long it will be 2 years in January since the initial announcement was made.

Almost as long as Brangelina...and with just as much strife!:lol::whistling:

I wonder why Tessy quit Vice Media. Her position as Director of VICE IMPACT EMEA Regions seemed a perfect fit with her interests and activism.

Also, why did Louis and Henri ask Tessy to leave the Luxembourg army after Prince Noah's birth? How exactly was her being princess and in the army a problem? Sebastien is a prince and an officer in the Luxembourg army. Although we see more of Tessy in the recent 2-3 years due to social media, she only got a few official assignments from the Cour during the marriage. Doesn't seem like being a princess would clash with the Luxembourg army.

I wonder why Tessy quit Vice Media. Her position as Director of VICE IMPACT EMEA Regions seemed a perfect fit with her interests and activism.

Also, why did Louis and Henri ask Tessy to leave the Luxembourg army after Prince Noah's birth? How exactly was her being princess and in the army a problem? Sebastien is a prince and an officer in the Luxembourg army. Although we see more of Tessy in the recent 2-3 years due to social media, she only got a few official assignments from the Cour during the marriage. Doesn't seem like being a princess would clash with the Luxembourg army.

I didn't realise she was asked to leave the army. Interesting since she wasn't a Princess upon her marriage to Louis. She was granted the title years into her marriage.

I didn't realise she was asked to leave the army. Interesting since she wasn't a Princess upon her marriage to Louis. She was granted the title years into her marriage.

Besides being a mother of two, the two partners decided to live in the United States, and after that in the United Kingdom to fulfill their studies and pursue their careers. How to combine this with the Army? Tessy would never have had the "luxurious lifestyle" (her own qualification in the Court) she likes to share via Instagram, was she still a soldier in Diekirch, where the only caserne is of the Armée luxembourgeoise.

Last edited:
Maybe in being asked to leave the Army put the ideas of moving to the US into motion and then onto England. I wonder if wanting to live in other places then in Luxembourg was a way to try to have a life on their own from the royal family? None of us knows *for sure* what goes on behind closed doors in any family be they royal or not, so this gave them a chance to not only get their education but to see if they could make the marriage work or not.......

All people do foolish things all the time.......even royals and those that try to hide behind closed doors!

Maybe in being asked to leave the Army put the ideas of moving to the US into motion and then onto England. I wonder if wanting to live in other places then in Luxembourg was a way to try to have a life on their own from the royal family? None of us knows *for sure* what goes on behind closed doors in any family be they royal or not, so this gave them a chance to not only get their education but to see if they could make the marriage work or not.......

All people do foolish things all the time.......even royals and those that try to hide behind closed doors!

I think it was all well-thought and no fling or so. After all both in the USA as well in London officials from the Administration des Biens (the office which administers the wealth, assets and properties of the Grand-Duke) were involved with the purchase, the transactions, the notarial deeds, the ownership rights etc.

While you and me would like to buy a house and then go to a bank to have a mortgage, all this was done for the couple. It looks like Louis and Tessy informed the Grand-Duke about their plans and he simply ordered the Administration des Biens to get it all done.

This means officials taking the plane to the USA and UK, listen to the couple's wishes, making sure that "Luxembourg" approves it and then they sort it all out. Because there is a whole machinery behind it, it looks like there is no room for silly or foolish decisions. It is almost as if there is a chaperonne-on-distance.

Very sensible especially when such a young couple is concerned.

Besides being a mother of two, the two partners decided to live in the United States, and after that in the United Kingdom to fulfill their studies and pursue their careers. How to combine this with the Army? Tessy would never have had the "luxurious lifestyle" (her own qualification in the Court) she likes to share via Instagram, was she still a soldier in Diekirch, where the only caserne is of the Armée luxembourgeoise.

You can take a leave of absence or become a desk officer. Both Louis and Tessy could have still gone to the US and UK whilst in the Defence Force

She was not tittled HRH princess of Luxembourg in the beginning but Comtesse de Nassau , they got 2 children before the Wedding. They were tiltled RH by Grand Duke Henri at the same time if I remember well of Prince Jean's Children .
No word about the divorce in Luxarazzi.

She was not tittled HRH princess of Luxembourg in the beginning but Comtesse de Nassau , they got 2 children before the Wedding. They were tiltled RH by Grand Duke Henri at the same time if I remember well of Prince Jean's Children .

In fact they only had one child before the wedding. The youngest son was born on September 21, 2007, one year after the wedding.

They had only Gabriel before the wedding.

They mentioned it on their last "weekly roundup" but merely stated a settlement had been made and they would await comment from the Cour.

Other news worth mentioning is the recent information about the ruling that came of London regarding Prince Louis's divorce from Princess Tessy, as well as the Prince's positive comments about his estranged wife. No official statement has been made by the Cour yet, so we'll post further if and when one is released.

You can take a leave of absence or become a desk officer. Both Louis and Tessy could have still gone to the US and UK whilst in the Defence Force

She was just a corporal in the extremely small Luxembourg Army. Sending corporal Antony to Florida or to London would be clientelism and nepotism and a source of criticism.

Next to Noah being born 1 year after marriage, Tessy was never a countess of Nassau. Upon her marriage she became mrs. Tessy de Nassau. About 3 years later she and their sons were elevated to prince(ss).

Prince Jean's children were counts and countess before being promoted to prince(ss). This happened several years before Tessy entered the scene.

How do we know that Henri and Louis asked her to leave the army? Weren't they just discussing their future resulting in the joined decision that both of them wanted to pursue further studies?!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we know that Henri and Louis asked her to leave the army? Weren't they just discussing their future resulting in the joined decision that both of them wanted to pursue further studies?!
It was in the judgement: HRH Louis Prince of Luxembourg v HRH Tessy Princess of Luxembourg & Anor (Application for Financial Remedy) [2018] EWFC 77 (04 December 2018)
16. Returning to the wider relevant background and evidence in this matter, the parties commenced their relationship in 2004 whilst the husband was a student, and the wife was a non-commissioned officer in the Luxembourg Army. The wife contends that she was asked by the husband and the Grand Duke to give up her position in the army following the birth of the parties' second child in March 2006. During cross examination, the husband conceded that this was the case by reason, he contended, of the purported incompatibility of that role with the wife's status as a Princess of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The husband stated that his family had, nonetheless, funded the wife's education thereafter to allow her to secure alternative employment.

Here's the bit about Tessy leaving her current job (Vice Media) and not informing the court properly about it.
45. With respect to income, the wife accepted that she currently earns £75,000 per annum gross and in her previous employment earnt some £40,000 per annum gross. The wife informed the court that on 29 August 2018 she handed in her notice at her current employment. The wife did not mention her intention to hand in her notice in her revised Form E dated 17 September 2018, which she completed in order to set out her up to date financial position for the court at this hearing. The wife contended that this was because she had not altered all of the boxes in her original Form E as drafted by her former solicitors and that her failure to mention the position in respect of her employment was not an omission of bad faith. However, a comparison of the two Forms E makes plain that she had in fact altered the relevant box in which she could have mentioned, but did not, the fact she had given notice on her employment. The husband does not currently have remunerative employment. His current income comes from an annual allowance of €40,000 gross paid to him by his parents.

Last edited:
If Louis were to remarry, would the children of that marriage be included in the line of succession?

If Louis were to remarry, would the children of that marriage be included in the line of succession?

Assuming he followed the rules set in place.

LaRae

No, prince Louis renounced his rights of succession for himself and his descendants on August 22, 2006. In my understanding that is irreversible.

Had he not done that and had his marriage been approved by the Grand Duke. Noah would have been in line to the throne while his older brother Gabriel would not have been.

Last edited:
I really agree with you, I really appreciated this Young family…. but it wasn't to be but the most important is there are two gorgeous sons !

No, prince Louis renounced his rights of succession for himself and his descendants on August 22, 2006. In my understanding that is irreversible.

Had he not done that and had his marriage been approved by the Grand Duke. Noah would have been in line to the throne while his older brother Gabriel would not have been.

Ah yes..I totally forgot about that!

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom