Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 3 (September 2008 - January 2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How sad, I hope the doctors in London are able to bring back Prince Friso to normal health. :sad:

How sad, I hope the doctors in London are able to bring back Prince Friso to normal health. :sad:

He has severe brain damage and is in a coma. The possibility is very small.

My dad had a stroke which left him in a similar sounding state. He lost a quarter of his brain function and was in a coma for a month. He did get out of hospital but never the same. My prayers and thoughts are with the Prince and his family, friends, and all who care for him.

Does anyone know what the chances are of waking up out of such a coma, regardless of the consequenses?

... as we have no better Infos, than available online ... - but it doesn't sound very promising or hopefull.

Does anyone know what the chances are of waking up out of such a coma, regardless of the consequenses?

Very slim but miracles do happen. I work in the health care rehabilitation field and one thing that I have learned is that I NEVER know the potential of a patient. I just never know how much abilities person can or will re-gain. Rehabilitation is a long and difficult road but full of heart ache, surprises and miracles.

All I know is general knowledge.
Hypoxia, brain damage caused by lack of oxygen, leaves less possibility of recuperation than brain damage by trauma.

yesterday in the view of Queensday the RVD (Royal House) said that the festivities will go along as planned. No change in the prince's situation (so still critical but stable).
I suppose that he is still on life-support, which could mean that there is also damage in the brain stem(not surprising after 50 minutes of reanimation)

sjetajiem said:
All I know is general knowledge.
Hypoxia, brain damage caused by lack of oxygen, leaves less possibility of recuperation than brain damage by trauma.

yesterday in the view of Queensday the RVD (Royal House) said that the festivities will go along as planned. No change in the prince's situation (so still critical but stable).
I suppose that he is still on life-support, which could mean that there is also damage in the brain stem(not surprising after 50 minutes of reanimation)

A very sad situation for the DRF, especially his two young daughters and young wife.

Today the program for the Queensday (Koninginnedag) festivities this year was revealed.
It was also announced that Princess Mabel won't be attending this year's celebrations because of the accident of her husband.
Very understandable...
I think she won't be alone that day; a lot of people will be thinking of her that day and be praying for her and her family!

Such a pity we don't get any info anymore about his evolution....We care about him !

It is a pity. He is, basically, not alive, but the family plows on through thick and thin. Very sad. Almost Kabuki Theater

When the accident occurred, I prayed for Prince Friso quite often. I wish we could have some updates on his condition. I have not given up on him. There have been many medical miracles. Let us hope he will be one of them.

I keep praying too, especially for his wife, children and generally speaking his family and everyone who care for him....for them to get strength !

Oh, it's such a pity that the press stopped reporting about P Friso's current condition (I assume it's steady). Then again maybe his own family asked for discretion, these are really hard times for everyone. My best wishes to them all! :flowers:

I feel the family is relieved that the press coverage has wained to almost nothing. I really don't think we will hear anything further unless he somehow becomes animated or he dies.

Nonetheless, I still keep sending up prayers.

Really, if he is in a vegetative state, what are the press going to report on...his ins and outs? Poor man, I hope he is released from his suffering in 'limbo' soon.

They were all in my thoughts and prayers during this past weekend and it being the first major holiday since the accident took place. :eek:(

Really, if he is in a vegetative state, what are the press going to report on...his ins and outs? Poor man, I hope he is released from his suffering in 'limbo' soon.

You are quite right. And, it is a pity.

It may take the family some time to come to grips with the fact that he is not coming back, before they are willing to take him off the machines.

Interesting and certainly unexpected (to me) news.
However, Mabel has always appeared to be extremely intelligent and capable, such a career would make a perfect sense.

What is the difference, she is, now, the wife of a man whom is neither alive nor dead. What a fate.

Princess Mabel is a Secret Agent'
Princess Mabel very likely was an agent for the Home Security Service (BVD), the predecessor of the AIVD secret service, former BVD member Frits Hoekstra writes in his memoir 'De Dienst. De BVD van binnenuit' (The Service. Inside the BVD). Mabel is said to have worked for the BVD in the 1990s at the time of the negotiations that led to the Dayton Agreements (1995), the peace treaty that ended the Bosnian War. The princess had a relationship at the time with Mohammed Sacirbey, who played an important role in these negotiations as Bosnian Foreign Minister.

My thoughts and prayers are with Prince Friso and Princess Mabel on this day; their 8th wedding anniversary.
How terribly sad it must be to spend your wedding anniversary at your husband's bedside who is neither dead or alive...

My thoughts and prayers are with Prince Friso and Princess Mabel on this day; their 8th wedding anniversary.
How terribly sad it must be to spend your wedding anniversary at your husband's bedside who is neither dead or alive...
Yes, God Bless this small family. Such an awful time for the three of them. And, as far as the Secret Agent story, what a malicious headline seeking journalist to even consider shouting this garbage out at this time [even if it were true].

Yes, God Bless this small family. Such an awful time for the three of them. And, as far as the Secret Agent story, what a malicious headline seeking journalist to even consider shouting this garbage out at this time [even if it were true].

3 of them?
Friso & Mabel have 2 daughters.

Indeed, my prayers are with Mabel and her family on this bittersweet day. :sad:

Regarding the spy story - I don't see how working for your country's intelligence services can be considered malicious in any way; if anything that's patriotic and would explain some of the details in Mabel's background. I'm not saying the story is true, mind you; just that it is possible.

Mabel sounds like a very intelligent and capable woman. God bless her and her family on this anniversary. The passage of time, and the accumulation of holidays without the Prince being with them, is part of the long, slow process of grief in situations like this. I hope she knows so many wish her well and send love and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom