Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde & Family 4: Oct 2006-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think so? If so, very subtle if not simply regional cadence?

I think so! The Piedmontese/Turinese dialect sounds way different!
You anglophones may mistake the sounds of the N/W Italian dialects for French accents, but that's not true: ask the French.;) :)

Besides, EF grew up in the French speaking part of Switzerland, because as a male descendant of the Savoia family he was prohibited from coming to Italy.
Moreover, all the members of the Savoia family have always spoken French among themselves for centuries, as this was the official court language.
King Vittorio Emaunuele II spoke no Italian at all; he knew just French and the Piedmontese dialect.

Tosca said:
I think so! The Piedmontese/Turinese dialect sounds way different!
You anglophones may mistake the sounds of the N/W Italian dialects for French accents, but that's not true: ask the French.;) :)

Besides, EF grew up in the French speaking part of Switzerland, because as a male descendant of the Savoia family he was prohibited from coming to Italy.
Moreover, all the members of the Savoia family have always spoken French among themselves for centuries, as this was the official court language.
King Vittorio Emaunuele II spoke no Italian at all; he knew just French and the Piedmontese dialect.

You may be right. I will have to listen to EF a bit more closely and preferably for more than a quick comment when leaving an event.

Have heard many a French accent when speaking English and EF's English is not particularly remarkable as some one whose first language was French even though it may have been the case.

Was aware of the balance of your comments. Other than speaking English, I am far from an Anglophone. I was raised speaking a few romance languages but I am far from an expert on accents and the like.

Suppose in the end it doesn't matter as his words and speech whatever accent have next to no effect on royal scholarship.

Last edited:
Quin said:
You may be right. I will have to listen to EF a bit more closely and preferably for more than a quick comment when leaving an event.

Have heard many a French accent when speaking English and EF's English is not particularly remarkable as some one whose first language was French even though it may have been the case.

Was aware of the balance of your comments. Other than speaking English, I am far from an Anglophone. I was raised speaking a few romance languages but I am far from an expert on accents and the like.

Suppose in the end it doesn't matter as his words and speech whatever accent have next to no effect on royal scholarship.

Well, I heard him interviewed on the TV the other day, and it seems that livng in Central Italy has helped him to polish his Italian pronounciation: he seems to be loosing his French "r".;) :)
He still has problems with the subjunctive and the conditonal, but that's OK.
Many other Italians, who have never left their country, have the same problems with verbs...:lol:

The actors Clotilde Courau and Lambert Wilson were distinguished Wednesday evening by the minister from the Culture Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres, respectively like knight and officer in the national order of Arts and the Letters, during a common ceremony held with the ministry
Master Photo Milano - 1-Produzione 2007

Tosca said:
The actors Clotilde Courau ......

Clotilde Courau’s father looks like some one or whose family may have immigrated to France. She too has an exotic look.

Can you comment on CC’s back ground? Your comments are greatly appreciated,

Quin said:
Clotilde Courau’s father looks like some one or whose family may have immigrated to France. She too has an exotic look.

Can you comment on CC’s back ground? Your comments are greatly appreciated,

Clotilde Courau's father lives currently in Africa. He's separated from Clotilde's mother, who comes from a noble background and is herself noble.
The Courau family is from middle-upper classe, the Pontavice family (Clotilde's mother is Catherine du Pontavice) belongs to the French nobility.

Avalon said:
Isn't it quite obvious from the pictures that Vittoria loved dancing?
Thanks for the pictures, she is a cute little girl and it seems shes practicing her dance steps when she can. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
08-02-2007 Berlinale director Dieter Kosslick (l) accompanied by French actress Clotilde Courau on the red carpet in front of the Berlinale Palace in Berlin, Germany, Thursday 08 February 2007. Altogether about 400 films are to be shown across the 57th Berlinale, 22 of which compete for the 'Golden Bear' award. The festival ends 18 February. EPA/JENS KALAENE - PICTURE

I have taken a few pictures of Clotilde, mainly in Paris Fashion shows. Here is a page I have set up for Clotilde Courau.
Hope to get more recent photos soon.

Clotilde is pretty gorgeous as always!! Thanks for posting!!
Avalon said:
Clotilde Courau, Princess of Venice and Piedmont, pictured taking her daughter Vittoria di Savoia at dance class
Awww Vittoria is such a cutie!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a gallery for EF, Clotilde and Vittoria @
Olycom

:flowers: When will Luisa be christened?

Emanuele Filiberto and wife in Madonna di Campiglio. Pics here

cute pictures of the little girls. Lusia seems to be growing up quite fast, she actually look's older than her age. Seems they had a great time out

the photo nr 8 is worth to be included in thread Caption this! I suggest the title " What a shame! I,the Prince of Venise, Grand Chevalier of Order ..., ect having a donkey as a saddle-horse! I hope nobody will see this...""

There are few pics of Emanuele Filiberto taking part in a charity ski competition along with Francesca Versace and other Italian celebrities in the Dolomites Olycom

He become so family and responsible man.

They're a very attractive family. E-F seems to have really taken to the domestic life with Clotilda and the girls and that's nice to see.:flowers:

The girls are so cute and Luisa has grown up so much.

The family of Savoy is once again “misunderstood” by Italian media. According to quotidiano.net prince Emanuele Filiberto expressed opinion in interview for magazine “Diva e Donna” that he doesn’t consider himself to be a monarchist.
His spokesman denied explicitly that such a “statement” was pronounced by prince EF.
Quotidiano Net - Politica - "Emenuele Filiberto non ha mai detto di non essere monarchico".
The quotidiano.net also quoted another opinion which is supposed to be presented by prince EF during the same interview:” I don’t know what it does mean the monarchy. I respect the republic and constitution” .

According to his website the prince EF will visit the second May the city of Margherita di Savoia which owns its name to queen Margherita.

VALORI & FUTURO

According to Novella 2000 mag, Emanuele Filiberto and wife Clotilde are leading separated lives. He's currenly living by himself in Rome, where he's opened a new office, while she's staing in Paris with her daughters. EF has been see clubbing in Rome with showgilrs and starlettes.
Apparently their marriage started to show signs of strain after Prince Vittotio Emanuele had been arrested last summer.

Tosca said:
According to Novella 2000 mag, Emanuele Filiberto and wife Clotilde are leading separated lives. He's currenly living by himself in Rome, where he's opened a new office, while she's staing in Paris with her daughters. EF has been see clubbing in Rome with showgilrs and starlettes.
Apparently their marriage started to show signs of strain after Prince Vittotio Emanuele had been arrested last summer.
Surely Amedeo of Aosta would use this to his advantage...
1 for Aosta
0 for Savoy
...by the way thanks for the update...:flowers:
I really thought that they were head over heals in love, oh well, he can't get a divorce can he? An annaulment, probably. Things seem to be turning out like the Archduke Carl and Archduchess Francesca split. It must not be easy for Vittoria and Luisa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom