Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde and Family 7: Dec. 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
149px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Kingdom_of_Italy_%281890%29.svg.png

Arms of the Kingdom of Italy

Welcome to Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde and Family Thread, Part 7

Commencing December 29th, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
""Nicolas Gérin snapped actress Clotilde Courau in the dimly lit corridor of the Intercontinental Carlton Hotel. He ran from one shoot to the next, always armed with two photo assistants and a single flash."
- Schön Magazine"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnRfarQoF99/

Clotilde attended a VIP performance of "A Trip to the Moon" at the Opéra-Comique. The event was organized for the benefactors of the Opéra-Comique in Paris:

** Pic ** pdv article **

On March 2 Clotilde attended the Roger Vivier Press Day at Maison Vivier during Paris Fashion Week:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks for that. It could be an interesting documentary to watch. Though in this short trailer Katty Kay referred to 'acting' several times over, so we can guess what direction she will be going in.

The BBC's Katty Kay got to meet Princess Vittoria di Savoia recently after a Monarchist Mass at the Pantheon.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-65450614

Is Princess Vittoria wearing a miniature of the Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus? I am glad to see that she is taking her role as a possible future head of the House of Savoy more seriously and is attending monarchist/royalist events.

Clotilde attended the Madame Figaro x Christian Dior dinner at the 76th Cannes Film Festival on May 17:

** Pic **

Is Princess Vittoria wearing a miniature of the Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus? I am glad to see that she is taking her role as a possible future head of the House of Savoy more seriously and is attending monarchist/royalist events.

Princess Vittoria resembles her mother so much that at first I thought I was seeing Clotilde Courau!:ohmy:;)

Clotilde attended the Chopard Trophy during the 76th annual Cannes film festival yesterday, May 19:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Emanuele Filiberto attended the state funeral for Italy's former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Milan today, June 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Clotilde attended the photocall of Filming Italy 2023 and the Filming Italy 2023 event itself in Santa Margherita di Pula, Italy, yesterday, June 23:

** gettyimages gallery **

And she attended the Filming Italy 2023 event on June 24:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
:previous:

I couldn't find any information about that..

Clotilde and Vittoria attended the Valentino Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2023/2024 in Paris today, July 5:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Was he personally invited or did he attend as a member of the general public?
I'm not sure if he was personally invited, but I remember, while watching the funerals on Italian TV, that he was briefly interviewed before entering the Milan Cathedral and he told he was "very grateful" to Berlusconi, as the XIII Transitional Provision of the Italian Constitution was repealed in 2002, during one of his governments, putting an end to the exile of King Umberto II's male descendants.
Emanuele Filiberto also addresses the issue of his exile and the injustice of it in the just released Netflix docuseries "Il Principe"/ "The king who never was", directed by Beatrice Borromeo, which mainly revolves around Vittorio Emanuele's role in the tragic death of Dirk Hamer in 1978 but also examines other aspects of his life (relationship with his family and Italy, his business dealings, other controversies) with interventions by Marina and Emanuele Filiberto as well. I know this probably should be discussed in another thread, but I really appreciated the docuseries, very interesting and also quite balanced, with many details I didn't know about the "Cavallo incident " and many testimonies from people who were there that night.

Are the Italians royals today close to any of the regining family?

I'm not sure if he was personally invited, but I remember, while watching the funerals on Italian TV, that he was briefly interviewed before entering the Milan Cathedral and he told he was "very grateful" to Berlusconi, as the XIII Transitional Provision of the Italian Constitution was repealed in 2002, during one of his governments, putting an end to the exile of King Umberto II's male descendants.
Emanuele Filiberto also addresses the issue of his exile and the injustice of it in the just released Netflix docuseries "Il Principe"/ "The king who never was", directed by Beatrice Borromeo, which mainly revolves around Vittorio Emanuele's role in the tragic death of Dirk Hamer in 1978 but also examines other aspects of his life (relationship with his family and Italy, his business dealings, other controversies) with interventions by Marina and Emanuele Filiberto as well. I know this probably should be discussed in another thread, but I really appreciated the docuseries, very interesting and also quite balanced, with many details I didn't know about the "Cavallo incident " and many testimonies from people who were there that night.

Is the docuseries available on Netflix outside Italy?

Back
Top Bottom