Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde and Family 7: Dec. 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clotilde attended the "May December" premiere during the 49th Deauville American Film Festival in Deauville, France, on September 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

After being received by the Grand Master of the Order of Malta, the Prince Emanuele Filiberto and Princess Clotilde and their daughter, Princess Vittoria, were received at the Vatican by Cardinal Pietro Parolin, Secretary of State of the Holy See.

Next, the family presented Red Cross medals in memory of Queens Elena and María José.

https://www.ordinidinasticicasasavo...tro-del-sovrano-militare-dellordine-di-malta/

https://www.ordinidinasticicasasavo...-regina-elena-e-la-regina-maria-jose-ditalia/

Last edited:
Vittoria attended Tatler's Little Black Book Party With Michael Kors At Lio in London yesterday, November 2:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Clotilde attended the "Ceremonie Des Lumieres" 2024 at Forum Des Images in Paris on January 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And yesterday, January 25, she attended the "Diner De La Mode" as part of the Paris Fashion Week:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

If Emanuele Filiberto was the King of Italy, would his regnal name be Emanuele Filiberto I?

If Emanuele Filiberto was the King of Italy, would his regnal name be Emanuele Filiberto I?

Good question. The Savoys kept the chronology of the Dukes of Savoy when they became Kings of Sardinia, so the first Savoy King of Sardinia was Victor Amadeus II, rather than Victor Amadeus I. Similarly, they kept the chronology of the Kings of Sardinia when they became Kings of Italy, so the first Savoy King of Italy was Victor Emmanuel II, rather than Victor Emmanuel I.

There was a Duke of Savoy named Emmanuel Philibert who ruled the Savoyard states between 1553 and 1580, so in keeping with the tradition of Savoyard chronology, Emanuele Filiberto might have chosen to reign as Emanuele Filiberto II, but I don't know.

Maybe the Italian members can clarify this point.

On the subject of regnal names, it's nice that the first female head of the family (for those who recognize this branch and not the Aostas as heads) will continue the Vittorio (Vittoria) naming tradition, even though she was not born to be head.

Emanuele Filiberto's comments on his and his daughter Vittoria's roles were interesting:

Interviewer: Vittoria and the grandfather who opened the door for his granddaughter to lead the house one day, abolishing the Salic law. What did they say to each other?

Emanuele Filiberto: Vittoria, when her grandfather changed the law of succession abolishing the thousand-year ban on female headship of the House of Savoy in 2020, was deeply touched, she appreciated the gesture, and since then, every time she met with my father Vittorio Emanuele was a starting point for inquiring and asking about the thousand-year history of the house. And Dad, who has a huge passion for history, would start to narrate. The history of the House was his passion, and he knew it all.

Interviewer: Do you feel like the new head of the House?

Emanuele Filiberto: I feel above all like the new head of the family, and the leader of a House which, when Grandpa Umberto II died, was reduced to 30 knights of our dynastic orders. Then Dad managed to recruit over three thousand knights and reinvigorate the activity of the dynastic Orders. This is the main responsibility and inheritance left to me: to lead our Orders, which have dozens of delegations in Italy, 17 foreign delegations which are active with humanitarian projects all around the world. But right now, there's the funeral to prepare.

I can't believe it.:ermm:

this was like... one day after the funeral of her grandfather? i know people cope in different ways but wow the optics of this don't look great.

Wasn't it four days? Which may or may not be better, depending on one's standards or expectations.

The funeral was on Saturday the 10th in Turin and the fashion show on Tuesday the 13th in New York. So, she most likely flew to New York on Monday.

Princess Vittoria is on the cover of Yo Dona magazine and gives her first interview.

Last edited:
Message from Emanuele Filiberto on the 163rd anniversary of the proclamation of the Kingdom of Italy.
2024_03_18_18.52.03.jpg

Emanuele Filiberto attended Frederic Mitterrand's funeral at Eglise Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin in Paris today, March 26:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Clotilde and Vittoria recently attended an exhibition of photographs by late Robert Mapplethorpe in Paris:

** Pic ** pdv article **

Today, April 4, they attended the Pucci Spring / Summer 2024 "Very Vivara" fashion show at Palazzo Altemps in Rome, Italy:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Vittoria is on the cover of this week's French magazine Point de Vue.

It seems they are quoting an interview she has given to Spanish magazine Yo Dona:

Back
Top Bottom